Sinisa Mihajlović Thread

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Managed to get rid of some fodders - extremely positive start. Im very pleased... pls continue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At first I was worried he'd be like the opposite of allegri, I figured he'd make us solid and tough to beat but we'd struggle to beat teams we were in control against. But I'm not worried about that really. I think he knows whats expected and I'm glad the management is stocking resources in attack. I think miha can organize a lesser talented backline, and the attack will sort itself out with the talent we have

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
more.....more....more pictures of him at training pleaseeeeeeee

i'm addicted

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I've seen a fair amount of his games with serbia - he tried to make them play modern and fast football. whole team had to defend, midfield gad to play quick passes going forward. his serbia acutally played quite well but the lack of a serious goal scorer (wasted a lot of good chances), and a keeper that couldn't hold the easiest balls was the downfall for the team.

what i heard his samp played quite different - which makes me optimistic that he will find a way that works best for the players he has at his disposal

in samp yes
I hope don't play mourinho diego simeone style. That is boring. Effective but boring

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The first training session today started at 10am with everyone except for the goalkeepers inside the gym while Mastour, Mastalli, Calabria, Curtone and Pessina were sent to work on the lower pitch outdoors.

The squad moved out onto the central pitch to carry a game of football-tennis and following that the coach organised a training match, 8 vs 8 with Montolivo acting as an extra man.

The session came to an end with some floor exercises. Jose Mauri, who was at Milanello, worked in the gym and then joined the rest of his teammates for the last part of training.

Reaction score
skeptical

I used to like him as a player his personality but as a coach not very good record! but still he may succeed . Champions League is a must but I believed last year with pipo

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
The first training session today started at 10am with everyone except for the goalkeepers inside the gym while Mastour, Mastalli, Calabria, Curtone and Pessina were sent to work on the lower pitch outdoors.

The squad moved out onto the central pitch to carry a game of football-tennis and following that the coach organised a training match, 8 vs 8 with Montolivo acting as an extra man.

The session came to an end with some floor exercises. Jose Mauri, who was at Milanello, worked in the gym and then joined the rest of his teammates for the last part of training.

:thumbsup:

How are you getting this info?

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
CJAgMPiXAAAF3w2.jpg

Son, I am disappoint.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I hope don't play mourinho diego simeone style. That is boring. Effective but boring

People were complaining about the "pass long ball to Ibra" strategy as well, but now all RnB-ers seem in love with him. Being able to be both effective and play beautiful football is very hard for a team being rebuilt.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
His record is similar to any manager who creates a career from managing lower-table teams. For example, Mihajlovic's winning % at Catania is 48, while Simeone's was 38. Miha's winning % at Sampdoria was the same as Simeone's at Catania.

Apart from Estudiantes and Atletico Madrid, Simeone has never had a season close to Miha's 48% at Catania.

Allegri, too, had a 54% at Sassuolo and a 38% at Cagliari.

If anything, Miha at Catania had the best record of the 3 and now the two others are considered solidly top 10 managers in the world.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
How are you getting this info?

they post this kind of info on the AC Milan app...and probably the acmilan website as well (i mostly just use the app)

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
His record is similar to any manager who creates a career from managing lower-table teams. For example, Mihajlovic's winning % at Catania is 48, while Simeone's was 38. Miha's winning % at Sampdoria was the same as Simeone's at Catania.

Apart from Estudiantes and Atletico Madrid, Simeone has never had a season close to Miha's 48% at Catania.

If anything, Miha at Catania had the best record of the 3 and now the two others are considered solidly top 10 managers in the world.

:thumbsup:

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There's an app? :lol:

Android or ios?

it's on my ipod, so it's ios

it's great, i check it for everything...team news, game info, player info, pics, official announcements

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

I wouldn't look too much into percentages, with smaller teams a lot depends on the team that you are given and the goals that it has.

I actually liked much better his season and a half at Sampdoria than his work at Catania, and it was not just the fact that his team was tough to beat as much as the development of players. Mustafi got in the German NT and then later to their WC 23 because of his performances that year with Sampdoria, Eder, Okaka, Soriano also got their first calls to the Italian NT during his time there, Lorenzo De Silvestri also got a call back after getting no calls since 2010.
Plus to get those results by having in defense Matias Silvestre and Mesbah who were discarded from Milan is even more of an accomplishment, and let's not forget that in his first season they were about to retrocede before he came on board.

The ability to improve a player and form a group is a very important accomplishment (something that RnB-ers thought was a given with Inzaghi considering his past with Primavera)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People think Simeone's Atletico is boring?

First time I've read this

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Simeones atletico isn't even park the bus like mourinho plays. It's more about every player putting in their share of work and making the entire team defend together. People see their attackers chasing down the ball, and then throw in some physical play, and people assume that atletico is some ultra defensive pussy team.

Simeone is more about all around solidity and efficiency, whereas a coach like mourinho is more about sacrificing attack to guarantee a favorable score line. I think miha is more like simeone, I think he favors hard work and consistency. Not necessarily making us play with ten men back

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The new staff and supposedly new, different and tough training sessions seems promising.

I don't know how much of it was the old staff's fault, but our fitness situation can't be any worse. Teams like Dortmund incur injuries while making their players run their asses off. Our eleven covers 15-20km less than Dortmund's, Juve's and most other UCL teams and somehow also have more seasons ravaged by injuries than them? Even though we didn't exactly stick with same eleven starters in 2010-2014?

If he can make the fitness situation resemble a normal one then for me this was a good hire in the long run, even if he asked to renew De Jong and doesn't make Top 3.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Under Miha we have "lost" Muntari, Bonera and Mexes. On those 3 been gone alone , Give him a raise and Contract extension NOW!

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
remember how pics from training sessions used to be of the guys standing around and laughing? look at them now...working hard...way to go coach :thumbsup:

preparaz1_big.jpg

preparaz2_big.jpg

BZZM3209_big.jpg

i just posted this one for admiring cerci's legs...

preparaz7_big.jpg

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Finally someone understand how this team is extremaly weak on fitness..

Fixing this we probably gonna have a good season and get back to CL.. the squad wasnt so bad.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finally someone understand how this team is extremaly weak on fitness..

Fixing this we probably gonna have a good season and get back to CL.. the squad wasnt so bad.

Last season? Last season we were a tactical nightmare to watch. You could make a video of us on how not to coach a professional team.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Last season? Last season we were a tactical nightmare to watch. You could make a video of us on how not to coach a professional team.

how many games we allowed be turned against us.. due our lacking of fitness we could play football only during 30 minutes..

definitely wasnt a squad to finished in that position.

a great keeper.. good fullbacks.. de jong and montolivo arent terrible midfielders.. and both menez and el shaarawy in the attack are dangerous.. what went wrong?? coaching and specialy fitness imo.

Schedule