Alessio Romagnoli Thread

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
[FONT=&quot]Roma is the right choice. There is a popular debate in football where on the pitch shud a captain play... sum fantastic attacking captains, midfielders, seeing as this is Italy and us Milan, ours shud be in defence.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Roma is a very good defender, a coveted defender, and once we start playing CL he'll be a permanent fixture in the national team and from there the guy can only improve further. Perhaps not Nesta/Billy level but the hope is sumwhere between Canna*/Ferrara level.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And loyalty shud work both ways, not gonna bring sum new guy in and hand him the armband… cant give the armband to sumbody in their mid30s, you’ll need to look for a new captain couple of years later.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Canna isnt a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B-d'Or level defender, he won bc he was the WC winning captain... had Nesta been fit he'd had won it.
[/FONT]

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Roma can't bench Acerbi and you're talking about Cannavaro level...

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One year doesn't do anything for your point.

I have no issue appointing an experienced quality player like Modric as the captain right away, especially in a team that lacks leadership. It's one of our main weaknesses.

It could, but it most likely won't in Modric's case.
He's no Van Bommel.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Most over-hyped player in Milan's recent history.

Him and Duarte lost us the game tonight

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he looked nervous today
bench him against juve

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The second goal when the game was there to be won and he didnt sense any danger or didnt even care to give the effort??? That isnt captain behaviour. He can play next to an alpha CB that will physically take the lead and allow him to clean up.

We cant do any better than him at the moment....which seems to be our problem at most positions.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
No, no. Romagnoli played good once again, he kept Lazio's attackers at bay, when he had the chance to do so. If anyone were to blame, it would be Duarte. Immobile crushed him in the air on the first goal, and then he gave the ball cheaply away in midfield on the second goal. Then, he proceeded to lose his marker on Correa, who ran in behind him and was one-on-one against Donnarumma.

Romagnoli - god know how many years he has been playing alongside fodder centre-backs. :fp: The last centre-back he played alongside that can be considered 'good' was Bonucci, and it was Romagnoli who made him look good, and not vice-versa, which was what everyone expected prior to Bonucci signing.

Anyway, I know he's leaving the club this summer. How can you spend 5 years at the club and have a mediocre centre-back to partner in 4 out of the 5 seasons at the club?

I'm certainly not blaming him for leaving.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^ Is this a joke post?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No, no. Romagnoli played good once again, he kept Lazio's attackers at bay, when he had the chance to do so. If anyone were to blame, it would be Duarte. Immobile crushed him in the air on the first goal, and then he gave the ball cheaply away in midfield on the second goal. Then, he proceeded to lose his marker on Correa, who ran in behind him and was one-on-one against Donnarumma.

Romagnoli - god know how many years he has been playing alongside fodder centre-backs. :fp: The last centre-back he played alongside that can be considered 'good' was Bonucci, and it was Romagnoli who made him look good, and not vice-versa, which was what everyone expected prior to Bonucci signing.

Anyway, I know he's leaving the club this summer. How can you spend 5 years at the club and have a mediocre centre-back to partner in 4 out of the 5 seasons at the club?

I'm certainly not blaming him for leaving.

:lol:

what did he do to stop the goals (which is his job)?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
:lol:

what did he do to stop the goals (which is his job)?

9wxRFRs.png

Look at this photo, for minutes or hours. Duarte and Calabria are the two's that are expected to clear that ball, considering they are the players that were staying back. (by the way, the ball is right above Duarte's head in the screencap)

What does Duarte do? Yes, he literally heads the ball down to Luis Alberto. Almost like 'here, you have your early christmast gift, now go and score the second goal'. What would've Koulibaly done? Godin? Van Dijk? They would've both shoveled that ball out of bounds and clearing all sorts of danger. But hey, considering we have an €8m fodder in Duarte, he effortlessly gave the ball away to Alberto, which resulted in Lazio's goal.

Out of any of the CB's that has partnered Romagnoli at Milan, AR has always been the most advanced. Ergo, Romagnoli is frequently a 'step' behind when there's a counter attack against us. Not always, but when he expects the defence to do their job, and they fuck it up, then he's a step behind.

Today, when we chased a goal, Romagnoli had to stay further up and build from the back, considering our midfield is dire. We would then let the RB and CB have the easiest job in the world - that is to clear that fucking ball, whenever they're sensing some danger. But then again, we had to rely on Calabria and Duarte to do that job, so I wouldn't expect anything less :fp:

Last edited:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
1st it was zaniolo, now its Luis Alberto/Correa..he need to close those gaps, not just standing. Smh

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary

9wxRFRs.png

Look at this photo, for minutes or hours. Duarte and Calabria are the two's that are expected to clear that ball, considering they are the players that were staying back. (by the way, the ball is right above Duarte's head in the screencap)

What does Duarte do? Yes, he literally heads the ball down to Luis Alberto. Almost like 'here, you have your early christmast gift, now go and score the second goal'. What would've Koulibaly done? Godin? Van Dijk? They would've both shoveled that ball out of bounds and clearing all sorts of danger. But hey, considering we have an €8m fodder in Duarte, he effortlessly gave the ball away to Alberto, which resulted in Lazio's goal.

Out of any of the CB's that has partnered Romagnoli at Milan, AR has always been the most advanced. Ergo, Romagnoli is frequently a 'step' behind when there's a counter attack against us. Not always, but when he expects the defence to do their job, and they fuck it up, then he's a step behind.

Today, when we chased a goal, Romagnoli had to stay further up and build from the back, considering our midfield is dire. We would then let the RB and CB have the easiest job in the world - that is to clear that fucking ball, whenever they're sensing some danger. But then again, we had to rely on Calabria and Duarte to do that job, so I wouldn't expect anything less :fp:
Lol the ball is way out of gk reach, since it was in the mid of field, btw there is seconds where Roma could close the gap between Luis and Correa, but he wasnt there, moment of lost and slow reaction. Notice it was 2nd mistake after zaniolo goal.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He was the only one in defence today. Calabria got raped by everyone specially in first half, theo is an offensive fullback and Leo duarte is not a CB.. how did he even make it in that position?

He regressed this season.. should leave for his own development. He deserves to play under a top coach

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Capello:

“I don’t see a leader, a captain, not only someone who wears the armband, but a player who can also help extend the ideas of the coach and create a collective.”

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Musa, Caldara or Gabbia.

I thought Musacchio (dont like him that much either) was hurt and its too early for Caldara. Gabbia really didnt get the chances early in the season which is a shame because I like what I saw in pre-season but that would be harsh. Romagnoli still best option despite the terrible decision-making and lack of effort.

Capello:

“I don’t see a leader, a captain, not only someone who wears the armband, but a player who can also help extend the ideas of the coach and create a collective.”

Another to say it. If his play doesnt pick up the fans will probably turn on him next. We desperately need a lead CB as I think we have enough of the complimentary partners or we go back to Gattuso's compact style

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Capello is spot on, Romagnoli is hiding in his cosy corner... and since he's a fan favorite he doesn't get any heat even though his performances aren't better than the rest of the team.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
extend the ideas of the coach ... but the coach is changing every few minutes ...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Musa, Caldara or Gabbia.

Musachio is trash
Duarte is trash

Gabbia... hmm is he even part of the team

Why bother mention caldara

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nkvkb

Capitano with a solid performance yesterday.

Really couldn't understand the hate yesterday, considering he was playing in a defence with fodders like Calabria & Duarte and a guy that is practically placed as a left-winger.

Not to forget that Bennacer is the one that is shielding the defence, in lieu of Bakayoko, who was the best DM in the league last season. (Although I feel that Bennacer is improving in the defensive phase by each game)

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People hating roma while we have creatures like rr, calabria, conti, musa etc... in our back line.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like somebody previously said there is a group of players that take turn at sucking. Roma is not in that group.

:lol::thumbsup: All those who take turn should be sold. They all suck, it's just that every game reveals flaws of another fodder.

Rare games where they look decent are because of the specific system, or if the opponent player they are up against is bad

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I feel he was at fault for first goal because he could have went out and tried to stop the cross to begin with but instead ran inside and took a position inside the box marking no one. Bennacer who was behind the play had to run and try to block the cross giving the lazio attacker all the time in the world to pick out the perfect cross. After the cross came in he wasnt at fault because he couldnt do anything but as the leader of the team he has to take initiative and be aggressive in instances like that.

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
Like somebody previously said there is a group of players that take turn at sucking. Roma is not in that group.

beg to differ

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
I feel he was at fault for first goal because he could have went out and tried to stop the cross to begin with but instead ran inside and took a position inside the box marking no one. Bennacer who was behind the play had to run and try to block the cross giving the lazio attacker all the time in the world to pick out the perfect cross. After the cross came in he wasnt at fault because he couldnt do anything but as the leader of the team he has to take initiative and be aggressive in instances like that.

add the Zaniolo goal to his growing list of costly mistakes

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's a stretch, and some hindsight.
Going after Lazzari early or trying to block his cross would've opened up an opportunity for a through ball or ground cross to Immobile.
Sure, he could've done better in that sequence, but there were at least 3 other players that were more at fault.

Duarte got embarrassed by Immobile, but this situation would've been avoided if players covered for each-other, or if they made sure someone was covering for them before abandoning their position. I hope this was the last time we saw Krunic & Theo on the same flank. Krunic & Paqueta forming 2/3 of a midfield is also asking for trouble. So is the unsustainable freedom for Theo.

Schedule