Week 1: Milan - Bologna 21/09/20 20:45 CET

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
you know some chelsea fans call Kai Havertz as kiayoko, as they think he will flop like bakayoko with his price tag, i wish i can see what people see in bakayoko, he played above average 6 months in 3 complete years, but what do i know.

Yeah, he flopped at Chelsea. That's why Milan can pay for him and bring him as a squad player. Guess what, you'll not find a player who succeded at Chelsea or City or Real Madrid for the loan + option Milan is willing to pay, that's for sure.

But he also has in his career a very good period in Milan in which he was the best midfielder in the team (and not average) and his time in Monaco that earned him a 40M transfer playing in 2 man mid.

I mean sure, maybe you can find a similar player for the same price... Who knows. But he fits the needs of this team and it's the player the press is linking Milan all summer long.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One of Bakayoko or the other DMs we’ve been linked to is a must. We looked poor defensively without Kessie.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Keep an eye on these tonali haters, one day we will laugh at them

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
wishful thinking, if he and locatelli have the same price i would choose the later with no questions asked, i know it is early to judge but my feeling tells me inter dodged a bullet when they passed on him and we are the one who took it.

anyway great win though our fitness level dropped at the end, i guess shamrok game took a hit on us, i hope we can have more starters to rotate more.

Too early? Nonsense.

You gave us this verdict 7 mins after kickoff today:

we don't have the aggression of last season.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, he flopped at Chelsea. That's why Milan can pay for him and bring him as a squad player. Guess what, you'll not find a player who succeded at Chelsea or City or Real Madrid for the loan + option Milan is willing to pay, that's for sure.

But he also has in his career a very good period in Milan in which he was the best midfielder in the team (and not average) and his time in Monaco that earned him a 40M transfer playing in 2 man mid.

I mean sure, maybe you can find a similar player for the same price... Who knows. But he fits the needs of this team and it's the player the press is linking Milan all summer long.

You know you can buy players from other teams other than real, city or chelsea like soumare who is younger and twice as talented and does brahim diaz rings any bill for you?

And no he was average just that we sucked so hard back then doesnt mean he was great and if you dont believe me check the highlights from the time he was with us, and tell me if you can find anythinf special in them.

Anyway he did suck for us(first 6 month) chelsea and monaco, what is the garentees that he wont suck again, if you are going to tell me he got used to the team, i will tell you we have a whole new team with whie new tactics and formulation.

We already gambeled on tonali, no more gambles if we are going anywhere, get us someone who is in form and playing, not a bench warmer and outcast, enough gambeling.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Not someone called chinamilan terrorizing us

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Keep an eye on these tonali haters, one day we will laugh at them

You can't laugh because there are no Milan fans who would want a 30M player to flop in Milan.

But stop overhyping him. He won't replace Bennacer or Kessie in line-up, unless they leave.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You know you can buy players from other teams other than real, city or chelsea like soumare who is younger and twice as talented and does brahim diaz rings any bill for you?

And no he was average just that we sucked so hard back then doesnt mean he was great and if you dont believe me check the highlights from the time he was with us, and tell me if you can find anythinf special in them.

Anyway he did suck for us(first 6 month) chelsea and monaco, what is the garentees that he wont suck again, if you are going to tell me he got used to the team, i will tell you we have a whole new team with whie new tactics and formulation.

We already gambeled on tonali, no more gambles if we are going anywhere, get us someone who is in form and playing, not a bench warmer and outcast, enough gambeling.

There's no argument here really except that you think he sucks. Like I said I don't agree.

For what is worth Maldini and many in the staff were already here when Baka was playing. They watched his games and training for a season.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Davide Calabria vs. Bologna

➤ 72 touches
➤ 92 % pass accuracy (45)
➤ 6 tackles
➤ 1 interception
➤ 2 clearances
➤ 0 dribbled past
➤ 8 ground duels won
➤ 100% of aerial duels won
➤ 1 key pass

It’s like the ghost of Cafu possessed him.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No surprises that Calabria performed well, players are allowed time to develop, we need to be less severe with our criticisms, the same will happen with Tonali, just relax and let them learn.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
these home jerseys are sexy af...

love the colours :love:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I‘m a bit so-so on Diaz, he has great moments but kinda appears and disappears during the game. Especially as an AM he will need time to sync with the squad so it is nothing more than a first impression.

I expected more from Samu, a bad start into the season so far. Saele might take his place soon at this rate.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I?m a bit so-so on Diaz, he has great moments but kinda appears and disappears during the game. Especially as an AM he will need time to sync with the squad so it is nothing more than a first impression.

I expected more from Samu, a bad start into the season so far. Saele might take his place soon at this rate.

Saele only seems to play better than Samu because the latter run his ass off in the first half and make his opositions too tired.

I don't underestimate Saele however. Both of them run like crazy and it's a nice thing to see.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
"They had Ibrahimovic and we didn't," Bologna manager Sinisa Mihajlovic told reporters after the game. "Everything they created came from him. Apart from that, it was an even match."

Yes, tell yourself that. From the match I saw, most period we won the the battles in the middle and wide areas especially. They had more chances towards the end when our multiple subs expectedly caused disruption in our flow and rhythm.

The match could’ve been 2-0 or 4-1 if you ask me... but it was never an “even“ contest.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Saele only seems to play better than Samu because the latter run his ass off in the first half and make his opositions too tired.

I don't underestimate Saele however. Both of them run like crazy and it's a nice thing to see.
Wut?

I dont know who Samu was making tired other than himself that is.

Shit passing, cant beat his man, not running into space, constantly bullied off the ball. Bologna had zero problems dealing with him.

Compare that to Saele, who was interchanging well with the forwards, constantly running behind the defense, kept his passing simple plus almost always put himself in positions to receive a pass.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Schedule