The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:07   #821
VooDooDoll
))<>((

im not even annoyed after this game
because what can you do if your defense gives 2 goals for free?!

Signature

positive: leao, duarte, ibra, gabbia, hauge, donna
VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:33   #822
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Brahim and Dalot on the same side are far too weak, imo cost a lot of stability 2nd half. Roma should rest a bit, needs to get more ready.
They looked too weak because their offensive performance were just not optimal, not like they especially Hernandez normally do.

Hernandez needs to rest. He looked tired in that game. We need one more quality fullback.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 13:20   #823
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Aquilani. Current AC - Ibra, Tonali, Romagnoli,Tătă

Really hope we take revenge in the return fixture in a couple of weeks.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 14:12   #824
Stitches
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Matteo Vismara
To those who are already singing the profundis I would like to remind everyone that big defeats happen to everyone, even to teams stronger than this Milan.

This year:
Man Utd 1-6 Tottenham
Aston Villa - Liverpool 7-2
Hoffenheim - Bayern Munich 4-1
Man City - Leicester 2-5
Real Madrid - Shakhtar 2-3

He makes a poignant point.

Make no mistake, this was a humiliating loss at our very own San Siro, but it might be just what we needed to crash back down to earth.

Roll on Hellas Verona and show us what we're capable of.
Man utd now a stronger team?
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 14:27   #825
ToonInvader
4th GK

Fav. Players: Maldini, Davids, Schweinsteiger, Bergkamp, Jonah Hill

This defeat has something interesting to it in the sense that it showed how much we're the kind of team that performs or underperforms as a team. Our Players are really dependent on one another. It's not like we have 3-4 players taking the team on their shoulders, not even Ibra does that IMO. You could see yesterday that the machine as a whole was not working. The inverse was true in the previous games.

Signature

"Life goes on. Otherwise, Maradonna would still play football. I am now the coach of AC Milan. But in a few years, I'll be back in Livorno, fishing on a raft in the middle of the sea " M.A.
ToonInvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 15:37   #826
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonInvader View Post
This defeat has something interesting to it in the sense that it showed how much we're the kind of team that performs or underperforms as a team. Our Players are really dependent on one another. It's not like we have 3-4 players taking the team on their shoulders, not even Ibra does that IMO. You could see yesterday that the machine as a whole was not working. The inverse was true in the previous games.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 15:50   #827
GreatKalu
I still believe!

The plus side is that the loss to Lille probably won't have much of an impact to our season than let's say if we lose on Sunday. Indeed it's a slip up, and an embarrassing one at that, but the consequences can still be minimized in the return match...

The same however cannot be said of Serie A games.

Sunday's game is a crucial must-win match for the team's mentality. We can't afford a slip up then.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 16:23   #828
Jivara
Forza Milan

We had to lose eventually and I think this could be the one to give away considering we're still likely to qualify from this group.

In truth, the team looked really tired and the upcoming break will be a real lifeline. We will need to edge out Hellas Verona, they will be tough and I'm sure they took notes from the Lille game. I hope none of our players play international football especially Kessie and Hakan they need this break more than anyone.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 16:54   #829
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Please dont overanalyze this game please. It's so easy to see what happend and that there is nothing to worry about.

Pioli approached the game underestimating Lille as well as playing our B team, and on top of that he probably had in mind not to play as intense as usual in order to preserve the stamina of players - because this is a game in a competition where we already have 2 wins out of 2 and top of the group.

So those three combinations put us in a situation Lille could massively take advantage of.

Secondly, it was Lilles night yesterday. That is football. Teams will have their usual one to ten games a season where literally everything is going their way. Every 50-50 duel, every pass reaching the designated player, chances like Theos one not getting into goal etc etc.....

Third I want to say Lille gained massive confidence after every goal they scored. Massive confidence will always take your game to another level.

And lastly, the result does not reflect the game. Yes, Lille deserved to win 100 %. But our first two goals were avoidable and something we usually dont concede. So, there is no need to overanalyze this game. In football, especially with the points I brought up and them being in combination, this stuff will happen. Every team has them, Liverpool 7:2, Bayern 5:1 for example. So, in conclusion, the ones in charge do their usual standardized routines and analyze the game, no more than they usually do, and we move on with our project onto the next game

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 17:30   #830
ChinaMilan
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
Please dont overanalyze this game please. It's so easy to see what happend and that there is nothing to worry about.

Pioli approached the game underestimating Lille as well as playing our B team, and on top of that he probably had in mind not to play as intense as usual in order to preserve the stamina of players - because this is a game in a competition where we already have 2 wins out of 2 and top of the group.

So those three combinations put us in a situation Lille could massively take advantage of.

Secondly, it was Lilles night yesterday. That is football. Teams will have their usual one to ten games a season where literally everything is going their way. Every 50-50 duel, every pass reaching the designated player, chances like Theos one not getting into goal etc etc.....

Third I want to say Lille gained massive confidence after every goal they scored. Massive confidence will always take your game to another level.

And lastly, the result does not reflect the game. Yes, Lille deserved to win 100 %. But our first two goals were avoidable and something we usually dont concede. So, there is no need to overanalyze this game. In football, especially with the points I brought up and them being in combination, this stuff will happen. Every team has them, Liverpool 7:2, Bayern 5:1 for example. So, in conclusion, the ones in charge do their usual standardized routines and analyze the game, no more than they usually do, and we move on with our project onto the next game
Nothing to over analyse , we have a bad bench and this has to improve if we to win anything, this team should get us 4th spot but playing every 3 days with no backs for dm, cf or real cb you cant win anything unless magically we never get injured, covid or tired.
ChinaMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 22:00   #831
joyrider
Il Moderati

couldnt watch the match

we lost
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 16:05   #832
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

People are asking why Krunic at LW, meanwhile they want Diaz as CAM...or even worse, as winger.

Pioli used the same front 4 against Sparta which many described as our best performance of the season.
Krunic and Samu turned it into a flat midfield-four in that game, which accommodated the Bennacer-Tonali duo and they carried and provided for the front duo. It was a rare occasion where Diaz didn't look out of place, tactically, since he's a second striker, not a CAM or a winger for a counter-oriented 4231 side.

It's understandable why Padre decided to give it another go.
He needs to find an alternative, sustainable way to play without Hakan.
There were enough promising signs in the first attempt to give it more tries.
This time it failed miserably.
Lille were too good. Kessie-Tonali weren't as progressive as Bennacer-Tonali. Krunic got exposed. Diaz was hopeless in the crowded hole - his passes were easily intercepted and his dribbling got him nowhere.
Samu posed no danger, but he was actually the least of our issues tonight. And yet he's becoming the scapegoat for this disaster. It reminds me of the first Giampaolo games, where Samu was the only one out of the front 3 to at least get the basics right in a lineup and system that was set up for a disaster, but he became the fall guy and was perma-benched for the rest of GP's tenure. Yesterday he managed to maintain possession in the final third, unlike Diaz & Krunic, and he fulfilled his defensive duties, which was sorely lacking from Diaz-Leao on the flanks in the 2nd half which happens to be when the team collapsed and were lucky to only get away with a 3-0 loss.

Lessons from this game? What to do to prevent more disasters like this one?

For starters, Rebic should always be the LW whenever he's on the pitch along with Leao.

Diaz is a second striker, not a CAM or winger, which is a hassle for Pioli since we normally don't play with one. I think I even prefer Krunic as CAM if it's not a Crotone or Sparta at home.

Tonali is weak defensively(shocker).

Someone needs to inform Dalot that it's not illegal to hit slow, low crosses in the box.

Also we can't afford to have Hakan, Kessie and Donna underperforming at the same time.

Signature

Last edited by Goodfella; 07-11-2020 at 16:08.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote