Europa League - Group H: AC Milan vs Sparta Prague 29/10/2020 18:55 CEST

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diaz time

Padre said:
I will make changes also on Thursday, mentally it becomes difficult playing every three days. It is important that the team asserts itself on the pitch no matter who comes in, we have our principles and we must find them.

There will be changes on Thursday also because on Sunday there will be a difficult match at 12:30. This year the most difficult matches will be those like against Udinese due to our commitments, we will have little time to prepare it.

But we will think one game at a time, Sparta Prague are a good team and a difficult game awaits us. They had a week off.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
D?az Castillejo Krunic Tonali Leao Dalot Duarte Conti all to start I hope. We need our first xi fresh to get 2 wins in serie a before int break.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Tatururanu

Conti/Kalulu Duarte Romagnoli Dalot

Bennacer Tonali

Diaz

Samu Leao Krunic

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
----------Tatarusanu----------
Kalulu-Romagnoli-Duarte-Dalot
---------Tonali----Krunic-------
Samu--------Diaz----Maldini Jr
------------Colombo------------

Subs; Dollar & Conti, give the rest of the squad the day off - Pioli is only using two subs anyway :D

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
----------Tatarusanu----------
Kalulu-Romagnoli-Duarte-Dalot
---------Tonali----Krunic-------
Samu--------Diaz----Maldini Jr
------------Colombo------------

Subs; Dollar & Conti, give the rest of the squad the day off - Pioli is only using two subs anyway :D

go jump of the Mostar bridge :D

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
so prague is on top of czechia league
but they have crisis of cbs (4 injured) + one player suspended because of red card against lille

teams from there can be really annoying to play against (inter and barca lost points against slavia prague last season in ucl).

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Should win even if we rotate. Confident we get a good result here.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
maybe a change of formation given that Samu is shit and we have no natural attacking left winger?

$ Sr.
Calabs Duarte\Kjaer Roma Dalot
Bennacer Tonali
Diaz Hakan
Colombo Leao​

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Tatarusano
Kalulu-Kjaer-Romagnoli-Dalot
Tonali-Bennacer
Samu-Krunic-Diaz
Leao

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We shoult rotate as much as possible. It's going to be ugly. But we need our first players fresh. Theo, Kessie, Calabria, Saelemakers and Hakan all need to rest. Kjaer probably as well.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Dammit that Hauge, Rebic and Gabbia are out. This would've been an ideal game to give them a chance from start and rest some of our starters.

Theo needs a well-deserved rest for this one. Play Calabria on the right and Dalot at the left. Eventually, put Theo on by the 60th minute and put Dalot back at the right.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
are we sure Gabbia is out? He tested positive on October 9, so he has had more than two weeks to recover...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Sparta is a tough team, we should not take them lightly because we cannot afford a loss, we should look to keep the momentum going.

I would try to rest Theo and Kessie mainly and maybe Hakan, Ibra and Kjaer although it would probably be better to start them and take them out around the 60 minute mark if we are doing well.

Tatarusanu
Calabria Kjaer Romagnoli Dalot
Tonali Bennacer
Saele Hakan Leao
Ibra

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao
Diaz - Krunic - Samu
Bennacer - Tonali
Dalot - Romagnoli - Duarte - Calabria
Tatarusanu​

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao
Diaz - Krunic - Samu
Bennacer - Tonali
Tatarusanu​

Like it, imagine the scenes this season when Tonali plays the 10 role for the first time

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I would start Leao again considering Rebic will start vs Udinese. Also Kessie-Theo need more rest than Bennacer-Cala.

27AFDD6C-4331-47F4-B8E0-4DAA870100DF.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
so prague is on top of czechia league
but they have crisis of cbs (4 injured) + one player suspended because of red card against lille

teams from there can be really annoying to play against (inter and barca lost points against slavia prague last season in ucl).

Lille beat them 4-1. We?ll win too.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Shame that Hauge has Covid, he could have had his first start here, Gabbia would have started too.

I'm not sure if resting or playing again would help Romagnoli more, but Kjaer has played a lot so can rest.

It's imperative that Theo, Hakan and Kessie get some rest. Kessie may have to play 30 mins since we're so short on midfielders and with Hauge and Rebic out and Hakan and Saelemaekers needing rest as well Krunic will have to play further forward.

I'd go for Goodfella's line-up:

Leao
Diaz - Krunic - Samu
Bennacer - Tonali
Tatarusanu​

If we're comfortable after 60 mins then hopefully we could bring Daniel on and drop Krunic back to midfield to get Bennacer off and not have to bring Kessie on. Either Conti or Kalulu to get some minutes as well.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Can we please rest Kessie, Bennacer and Theo for at least half the game. Preferably Theo for the whole game. Guy looked dead vs. Roma.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lille going to lock down? Anyone already going through what scenarios are there?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Tonali-Bennacer to start in midfield together according to Tutto.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Krunic behind Ibra the Brahim on the wing please padre.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Sky: Leao will start in Ibra’s place against Sparta. Krunic in the left wing. Tonali & Dalot will replace Kessie & Theo.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Pioli:

Is it the right group for your Milan to grow?

"It is a tough and difficult group. It is a group that will put us to the test, the opponents are of value. Sparta have won all the league games they have played so far and in 11 against 11 they have played against Lille. They play modern football, it won't be easy to overcome it. "

What is your mood after the 3-3 against Roma?

"We must always strive to get the most out of every match. Against Roma we wanted to win, we left the pitch with some regrets, but also with the awareness of being on the right path. It is good that the boys are not completely satisfied with the result. it is right to always expect the best of ourselves ".

Will there be any changes compared to Monday?

"There will be some changes because we are spending a lot, it is an important but very tiring moment".

Did you talk to Tatarusanu?

"I talked to him, as I did with the whole team with whom I analyzed the game. I have full confidence in him and also his teammates. The players must always help each other, we must continue like this."

In which department do you need to strengthen yourself the most?

"You are already thinking about January, but we don't because we still have many games to play. We have clear ideas and if we get the chance we will improve the team."

Can Kessie and Theo rest?

"Even the players don't know the formation yet. I'm doing several evaluations, we still have two training sessions. Dalot has been hired to play both right and left."

How is Ibrahimovic?

"I will make all the necessary assessments since we are playing a lot. After tomorrow, we will immediately have another important match in Udine. If I ask Ibra if he feels like playing he will always say yes, like all my players. it is important to have players ready from a physical and mental point of view ”.

What do you think of Baresi's appointment as honorary vice president?

"I am very happy with this decision. Franco is a Milan legend and he will be able to convey the right values. I can't wait for him to come here to Milanello to talk to me and the team. It is important to have many people in the club who know what is Milan ".

Will you make some turnover tomorrow?

"I don't like to talk about turnover, I have many starters. Tomorrow I will field the best team, we are preparing as best we can to face Sparta."

- Thus ends Pioli's press conference before Sparta Prague.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
MN's lineup:

The probable Rossoneri formation is as follows:

Milan (4-2-3-1): Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Dalot; Tonali, Bennacer; Castillejo, Krunic, Diaz; Ibrahimovic.

Schedule