Week 7: Milan - Hellas Verona 8/11/2020 20:45 CET

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
yATiBre.jpg

As long as we see a reaction against a well organised Verona side, I'll forget yesterday's defeat in a hurry.

Forza Milan!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I feel bad for Verona. The team is going to be out for blood... specially Ibra. Damn.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
I feel bad for Verona. The team is going to be out for blood... specially Ibra. Damn.

players from verona were talking shit about how good they are.
reality is they are average as a team with decent results (difference between watching matches and watching table).
2-0 for milan, and if we manage to score early its can end 4-0
not sure about result if romaG will keep his pk streak, and our gks brainfarts stats.

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
can we drop Romagnolli for Gabbia

i would like to see

donna
calabria - kjaer - gabbia - theo
kessie - bennacer
salad - diaz - rebic
ibra

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Dona
Cala Kjaer Roma Theo
Kess Ben
Sale Hakan Rebic
Ibra

Leao , Diaz & Hauge to be first options to be subbed.
Ps : Samu not to be subbed is essential for me to be happy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No more krunic or samu.

Start rebic on the left. Tnx.

voom

Banned
Reaction score

i would like to see

donna
kessie - bennacer
salad - diaz - rebic
ibra
Only Hakan instead of Brahim,everything else is perfect.Romagnoli need some time to think on the bench,it will do good for him,I hope.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
2 dog clubs in a row..??

Cmon, man...

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Donnaruma
Calabria Kjaer Romagnoli Theo
Bennacer Kessie
Salem Hakan Rebic
Ibrahimovic

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“For me, Milan play great football. If you let them play, they will. If you close them down, they will find Ibra with the long ball." This by Juric is exactly why it's hard to beat Milan. There's no easy way to shut us down.

Lille I think got lucky. The penalty was very unfair and the game changed after it. We were asleep and gave them way too much space. I'm really looking forward to the Verona game and i'm excited to see the guys react.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary

i would like to see

donna
kessie - bennacer
salad - diaz - rebic
ibra
IMO this the last chance for capitano, another pk or even get overrun/outmuscled by average cf/winger..we will see gabbia start next game.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We can make the gap up to 4p from 2nd place. Win this

Yep, nice to see Udinese hold Sass to a draw. Udinese have been far better than the table tells.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
IMO this the last chance for capitano, another pk or even get overrun/outmuscled by average cf/winger..we will see gabbia start next game.

This got me thinking that we haven't seen a fast CB in our squad in a long time, since Thiago Silva maybe. Maybe that's what we need more than anything? Kjaer is rather slow and so is Gabbia I'd say. Even Sandro Nesta wasn't slow for a CB If I remember well.

My impression is that we're especially fragile on counter-attacks or when wingers play behind our defenders' backs. Or when the gap between the defensive line and the midfielders is too wide.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

My impression is that kabak or whoever comes in january will be his heir if he doesnt improve

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This got me thinking that we haven't seen a fast CB in our squad in a long time, since Thiago Silva maybe. Maybe that's what we need more than anything? Kjaer is rather slow and so is Gabbia I'd say. Even Sandro Nesta wasn't slow for a CB If I remember well.

My impression is that we're especially fragile on counter-attacks or when wingers play behind our defenders' backs. Or when the gap between the defensive line and the midfielders is too wide.

Nesta in his prime was one of the fastest players in the team.

Our CBs are definitely not suited for the way we play. Kjaer makes up for it with his incredible awareness and timing. Romagnoli is being caught out far too often and after the injury he doesn't seem the same. They're both great at playing the ball out, but defensively they're more suited to a low defense.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Nesta in his prime was one of the fastest players in the team.

Our CBs are definitely not suited for the way we play. Kjaer makes up for it with his incredible awareness and timing. Romagnoli is being caught out far too often and after the injury he doesn't seem the same. They're both great at playing the ball out, but defensively they're more suited to a low defense.

We need strong cb as romag replacement. Having your captain get emasculated every weekend, that is banter era brand

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I'd like to see Gabbia back in the starting 11. We've been slowly leaking more goals since he got covid.

Dominating display and clean sheet tomorrow please.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'd like to see Gabbia back in the starting 11. We've been slowly leaking more goals since he got covid.

Yeah, Gabbia-Kjaer was pretty solid. He's still very raw, but I didn't see him make any major mistakes.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Probable line-up:

Donnarumma
Calabria
Kjaer
Romagnoli
Theo
Kessie
Bennacer
Saele
Calhanoglu
Leao
Ibrahimovic

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, Gabbia-Kjaer was pretty solid. He's still very raw, but I didn't see him make any major mistakes.

Yeah, the only major mistake he really made was not converting headers and Romagnoli does that like it?s his job anyway so there?s not much difference.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I agree to this if you refer at the Lille game where we used two offensive wing-backs and the defensive midfielders did not cover the central defense enough against their fast counters. The standard 11 with Calabria more defensive and Kessie and Bennacer at their best is more balanced.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Stam was faster than Silva.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

I loved how Gabbia played at the beginning of the season. If Romagnoli keeps playing the way he is, Gabbia can't be ignored for too much longer.
Having said that...this would be the worst time to bench Romagnoli. It'll completely destroy him mentally because he's coming off from some bad displays. The Ancelotti tactic of dealing with players, if you know what I mean. Carlo used to wait for a payer to do something good on the field in order to yank them out (when they had a bad game). That way the player didn't feel he's getting punished but is coming out for tactical reasons.

About fast CBs....yes, as brk said, Nesta was incredibly fast and athletic in his prime. Very explosive too, as in football many times that's more important then just sheer top speed. Nesta could keep up with anyone in the first 5 meters, which is normally what he needed to take the ball anyway. Romagnoli's problem is that he is not fast at full speed, but also not very gifted in explosiveness and acceleration. Those things in combination make a the cinditions for him to get exposed if further up the field.

Last edited:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Hellas Vergogna

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Very important to win this one to go clear by 4 points and being safe at first place next round as well, regardless of the result vs Napoli

Schedule