Kaladze

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
There are rapports that he isnt live anymore .. but if he is Inshallah he will be back in his family .. kidnapin is very bad thing... here it happens very often in my country ..

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Never heard about it too

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Well i think thats one of the reasons he moved Geogia was to get out of the country........thats why he came to Milan - well it was a factor.....but then again who could turn down milan

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rivaldo-11 said:
Well i think thats one of the reasons he moved Geogia was to get out of the country....
He was already with Milan when the kidnapping happened.

Last I heard, Georgian authorities had received information which led them to think that Levan was still alive. And Kaladze + his family said that they believed that he was still alive. But that was almost a year ago...

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Kaladze had threatened to renounce his Georgian citizenship if Georgian authorities didn't put forward a more proactive approach in finding his brother. I don't know if that threat is still on the table, but he would almost certainly become Ukrainian if he were to renounce his Georgian citizenship.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if Ukrainian is a better deal though. I've read Italian citizenship is easy to acquire through marriage.. Lots of East European hookers seem to do just that.. but I guess i'm stepping on off-topic territory here + thin ice too... :D

Yea, has anyone heard anything new regarding his brother ?

Maybe the family should have paid a ransom + got it over with.. Usually those hostage takers there are after the money to finance their... cough.. 'political' ambitions... Though I'd personally opt for this solution: :rocketki:

Last edited:

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
Kaladze had threatened to renounce his Georgian citizenship if Georgian authorities didn't put forward a more proactive approach in finding his brother. I don't know if that threat is still on the table, but he would almost certainly become Ukrainian if he were to renounce his Georgian citizenship.
What your saying is that Kaladze could change his nationality to Ukrainian ? Could he play for the Ukrainian national team then ? Is this type of thing even possible ? I'm puzzled.

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Could he play for the Ukrainian national team then ? Is this type of thing even possible ?

I think if he becomes Ukrainian he will have to be off from Georgia international duties for 4 years if he wants to play for Ukraine.
But I'm not sure.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Oh, I see well If that is the case then he would miss the best years of his footballing career on sidelines, but if he has no choice then :head:

Pippo 4 Ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
**Pippo Inzaghi!!** Kaka, Maldini, Thierry Henry, Andrea Pirlo, Gilardino, Roberto Baggio, Rui Costa
Actually, I have never heard about this before... but I feel so sorry for Kaladze and his family though... :cry:
If this had happened like more than 3 years ago and they still don't have much news about his brother... the chance of his brother being alive is really quite small...
Why would people kidnap other people? This is such a BAD thing!! :mad:

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
stories like this are so heartbreaking. i feel so sorry for him. but 3 years is a long time - that is so terrible

here's an interesting article from february 2004:

The sport in Georgia is a risky business, and the stakes can be very high for all involved.

The Kaladze family know this better than most. Perhaps Georgia’s most successful export ever, Kakha Kaladze, has been a regular fixture at left back for AC Milan since his move from Dynamo Kiev in 2001. The transfer fee of roughly $17 million set a record for a Georgian player. Last year, he helped the Italians win the Champions League, Europe’s premier tournament. His achievements over the years have earned him much acclaim back home, but not all of the attention has been welcome.

In May 2001, Kakha’s brother, Levan was kidnapped by an armed gang in the Georgian capital. The incident could be considered part of a broader pattern, in which criminals target members of Georgia’s political, economic and sporting elites with aim of securing large ransoms. In the Kaladze case, the abductors demanded a ransom of around $600,000. Despite Kakha’s agreement to pay, and despite the personal intervention of Italian Prime Minister (and AC Milan owner) Silvio Berlusconi, efforts to secure Levan’s release failed.

At one point, disgusted at what he felt to be the empty efforts of the Georgian authorities to negotiate his brother’s release, Kakha threatened to boycott the Georgian national team. "It’s disgusting," he said at one point, "that every Georgian official considered it necessary to declare his personal participation to help find him [Levan] but their interest is nothing but populism."

Almost three years since his abduction, Levan remains missing. However, according to Kakha, there could finally be good news on the horizon. In a sudden new development, the kidnappers now seem willing to let their captive go. "I have spoken to the authorities in Georgia recently," revealed the Milan player in late December, "and it is 90 per cent sure my brother is still alive

source: www.worldnews.com

Last edited:

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Hope that his brother will be released soon!

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
Me too a great player who has drifted out of the first team since the Champions league victory of 2 yrs ago. He completely dominated Figo in the Madrid match back then, and i thought his career would really take off. But it wasn't 2 be, i really don't know y Ancelloti brought over bloody Pancaro i hate him. We need a young left back.

Hope everythings ok with ur Kaladze do us Dynamo/Milan fans proud!!!!

Suhail Ahmad

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Me, Shevchenko , Adriano, Karimi, Baraja, Martins
yeh

Pippo 4 Ever said:
Actually, I have never heard about this before... but I feel so sorry for Kaladze and his family though... :cry:
If this had happened like more than 3 years ago and they still don't have much news about his brother... the chance of his brother being alive is really quite small...
Why would people kidnap other people? This is such a BAD thing!! :mad:
yeh its upseting hes probably dead and i dont know how kaladze is playing football after this

Schedule