Mathieu Flamini Thread

remote2book

Sea206
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, T.silva, seedorf
he would be an awsome signing espicialy if we get him on a free transfer..he actually really is like a mini gattuso plays his heart out as well as good option for starting attacks

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
after 2 years (more?) in arsenal i only hear positives about him after milan games... and he is french :D

but, any young, hungry replacement in our DM-mid-line would be more than welcome. Even better if he can pass longer than 6 yards and run for more than 60 minutes.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Ka-Pa-Ro, Nesta, Flamini
I don't think a new DM should be regarded as a transfer priority, but as the man above me said, he is young and keeps running. In addition, according to Wikipedia he can play also as a fullback, a positon we have some problems with.

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
solaris said:
I don't think a new DM should be regarded as a transfer priority, but as the man above me said, he is young and keeps running. In addition, according to Wikipedia he can play also as a fullback, a positon we have some problems with.
i disagree.

"first priority", we have 4 of those. We need a new striker, a new defender, someone to take over if Kaká or Seedorf can't play (sometimes both at the same time) and we need someone to take over if Pirlo can't play well if at all.

Gattuso nailed it when he said "if Kaká or Pirlo don't play, Milan is done for" we clearly need people to support them as we need some bench to replace them.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ezekiel2517 said:
Gattuso nailed it when he said "if Kaká or Pirlo don't play, Milan is done for" we clearly need people to support them as we need some bench to replace them.
It's too bad that we're so damn overreliant on Kaka. Thank God that Pato decided to display his scoring touch right off the bat.

mizonero23

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso
remote2book said:
he would be an awsome signing espicialy if we get him on a free transfer..he actually really is like a mini gattuso plays his heart out as well as good option for starting attacks

I so agree with you. But do you think he wud come if we don't get a CL spot?

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
mizonero23 said:
I so agree with you. But do you think he wud come if we don't get a CL spot?
If we don't get CL spot we will get crapy reinforcments as we always do and of course some contract extends for Cafu,serginho,favalli,brochi,etc etc

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
remote2book said:
I agree with you

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
if Flamini moves he will be coming with the free transfer status with him.and may i say that'll follow with an expensive salary i bet . we should re-thinking about that.

slifersd

Beginner
Reaction score
Andromeda said:
if Flamini moves he will be coming with the free transfer status with him.and may i say that'll follow with an expensive salary i bet . we should re-thinking about that.

I disagree on that point. Think about it, let's say if we spend cash to sign this guy from Arsenal, he would cost at least 10 million euros. If we sign him as a free agent, we probably would offer 500k or 1 million euros more than we otherwise would on his contract. That means, even without the time value of money being a factor, we get to have him play here for 10 years before we actually end up losing money on this transaction. Not to mention the fact that we have a load of players here who are getting huge contracts for no reason and this guy can actually play very well. I think he would be an excellent signing for us.

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Forget Flamini imho, he won't come without CL, we'll have to settle with a few young italian players (which maybe isn't a bad thing, could bring the hunger back in the team)

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Billy_69 said:
Forget Flamini imho, he won't come without CL, we'll have to settle with a few young italian players (which maybe isn't a bad thing, could bring the hunger back in the team)

I actually would prefer young Italian players instead of big name signing, however on this particular case, I think Flamini will come no matter what, he's a nobody, just one good season behind him. Even without the CL, the dude should be honored to play with us + we'll probably give him a whole lotta cash.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Maybe a good option to replace Gatu when he is off-form..

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I read somewhere that a Gilardino-Aquilani swap was on the cards, so how about this:

Aquilani--Pirlo--Flamini

instado of this:

Ambro-Pirlo-Gattuso

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ricardoht said:
I read somewhere that a Gilardino-Aquilani swap was on the cards, so how about this:

Aquilani--Pirlo--Flamini

instado of this:

Ambro-Pirlo-Gattuso

That would be great, but there's no way Roma would ever give up Aquilani for Gilardino. He is a huge part of their future and has been in great form for them. I'd love to get Flamini though, we'll have to throw a lot of cash at him, but we might just be able to steal him from Arsenal.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Reports: Flamini in Juve agreement
Tuesday 1 April, 2008

Arsenal midfield star Mathieu Flamini will join Juventus this summer, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.

The 24-year-old’s contract at the Emirates Stadium expires at the end of the season and he has refused to sign a new deal, reportedly rejecting a lucrative five-year offer.

The news that Flamini is ready to leave London has prompted a flurry of interest in Italy with Milan, Inter and Juventus all believed to be chasing his signature.

Reports from France suggest that the Marseille youth product has snubbed the Nerazzurri and Rossoneri and already come to a provisional agreement with the Old Lady.

Juve are looking to add to their midfield options with summer signings Tiago Mendes and Sergio Almiron having failed to make their mark.

The Cadetti champions have already added former Liverpool man Mohamed Sissoko to the ranks and could pull off another English swoop.

Should Flamini arrive at the Stadio Olimpico it would surely silence whispers linking Juve with Chelsea’s Frank Lampard.

Flamini has made over 100 appearances for Arsenal since joining the Gunners in 2004.

ch.4

don't think too much about him. seems like he will be joins Juve.

mizonero23

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso
Yes, the report looks very strong but anything could happen. I believe its because of our weak spot on the league table.

Eventhough Berlu has promised a rejuvenation, I doubt any of the players we are linked to would come.

I was on the verge of stopping being a Milan fan a few years ago when Berlu scathed an attack on Arabs & Muslims during his tenure as a Prime Minister. But when I gave it a second thought I figured I was supporting Milan and not Berlusconi.

FORZA MILAN

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Flamini will go to Juve, as I said before, if you don't play CL you get the leftovers...

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Sucks, but I also think that Flamini will go to Juve. Oh well. It's our own fault for not being in CL qualification.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
Savo said:
Sucks, but I also think that Flamini will go to Juve. Oh well. It's our own fault for not being in CL qualification.
no you are wrong...if we qualify for CL then B&G will say why should we need flamini?? we atain our objective so the squad is strong enough...we dont need anyone...FUCK!!!!

rreze_milan

OURS!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Pato, Becks...
Savo said:

i agree with u

flamini gonna sign a contract with Juve according to french newspaper "L’Equipe. He ignored Milan's and Inter's offers in order to sign his contract with old lady and hes already arrange with white blacks:o

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Man Above Me:

I hope you're wrong. He runs like he stole something chasing players around the pitch. I'd love to see a fit Gattuso on one side with Flamini on the other with Pirlo in the middle.

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mr. Anonymous said:
Man Above Me:

I hope you're wrong. He runs like he stole something chasing players around the pitch. I'd love to see a fit Gattuso on one side with Flamini on the other with Pirlo in the middle.

I really don't think we need to play with three DMs in our formation. I DO want to see Flamini in Milan but instead of Gattuso. Something like this:

Aquilani/Gourcuff---Pirlo--Flamini

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
ricardoht said:
I really don't think we need to play with three DMs in our formation. I DO want to see Flamini in Milan but instead of Gattuso. Something like this:

Aquilani/Gourcuff---Pirlo--Flamini

yup that would be way better. But flamini @ the back for pirlo and Aquilani/Gourcuff.

If Flamini sign for any other team then Arsenal im gonna be seriously pissed off @ berlu and fester.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Az. said:
yup that would be way better. But flamini @ the back for pirlo and Aquilani/Gourcuff.

If Flamini sign for any other team then Arsenal im gonna be seriously pissed off @ berlu and fester.
You mean you weren't pissed when:
Torres
Quaresma
Babel
Alves :mad:
Chivu
Ronaldinho (three seasons in a row)

slipped through our fingers :rolleyes:

magashi

Rino Follower
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Cr. Ronaldo, Torres, Sneijder
vashil said:
no you are wrong...if we qualify for CL then B&G will say why should we need flamini?? we atain our objective so the squad is strong enough...we dont need anyone...FUCK!!!!

So true... To the guy who said we get leftovers if we don't qualify for CL: How would you call Ba and Emerson, who we signed last year, after we barely finished in the top4? It's fairly visible that Berlu's view of success and ours are completely different. For him, getting in top4 with as little money spent as possible, is an enough success and we won't need changes. If you REALLY hope for changes, pray for us to finish behind the top4. Otherwise there's no chance of "rejuvenation" this summer as we would've completed our pre-season objective. Am I right?

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Maybe it's better for Berlu's son to step up and replace him, who know younger people love younger players?? :)

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
Big B is not going to step down ever. Even from the afterlife he will orchestrate the way Milan works, Galliani(who will also be a cadaver, but a walking one like now) will hire a spiritual guide so he can get in touch with Berlu and consult his limitless wisdom of life on transfers and everything around the budget of the team.