The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 17-12-2004, 06:32   #1
Dil dil
Banned

Fav. Players: All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Default Rui costa set for Atlettico

I'm so sad about this news and I wish it is just astupid
rumor since Rui costa is wonderful md player and Ancelotti is very
wrong by setting him in bench and as I know his contract with milan tell
2006 do you thing he would break the contract and leave Milan?
in my option if Rui leaves Milan he should not go to Atletico he
should go to benfica (since this his wish)
any way here is the report

Source: Football Italia

Italian champions Milan have reportedly offered Atletico Madrid the services of Manuel Rui Costa.

The ‘AS’ newspaper suggests that the midfielder could complete a switch during the January transfer window.

Rui Costa is said to be unhappy with life on the Rossoneri bench and is willing to leave the outfit.

The Portuguese ace has been relegated to the sidelines for the past 18 months following the arrival of Kaka.

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has allegedly already spoken to the Spanish side to make initial enquiries.

The two clubs have an excellent relationship after the deals involving Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, Cosmin Contra and Fabricio Coloccini in the past five years.

However, it is unclear whether Rui Costa would be willing to move to La Liga in the New Year.

The creative player has always insisted that he would like to end his career with former club Benfica.

The ex-Fiorentina hero is now 32 and is tied to the Italian giants until the summer of 2006.

:
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 09:09   #2
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

well I don't think he'll leave in Januari.Milan usually never sell or buy players in Januari.But at the end of the season I don't mind seeing him leave

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 12:02   #3
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

this rumour bout rui leaving has been going on for so long...but dont put ur heart into it...cuz...so far nothing has been trough...i dont think he will leave....perhaps at the end of the season...but not now...

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 15:48   #4
ics_rk
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato

I don't really think that he will leave.. Milan need him for rotation and I don't think that Rui wants to move.. Maybe a loan spell will happen..

Signature
== Simply Milan is the best ==
==== Milanisti Indonesia ====
ics_rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2004, 05:44   #5
superman_1899

oh man, rui is one of my most favourite player... i wouldnt want him to leave milan besides going back to benfica...

and if he leaves... there is going to be a big hole... as we lack of a good mentor to our dear kaka...

im just suggesting... right now kaka is playing behind to strikers... can we convert him to a shadow striker role... like del piero's role... and play rui below... kaka-sheva...

it would be great... plus i dont know whether you notice this... kaka actually get to move and swoosh his magic when rui costa plays...

sigh...
Old 19-12-2004, 23:01   #6
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman_1899
oh man, rui is one of my most favourite player... i wouldnt want him to leave milan besides going back to benfica...

and if he leaves... there is going to be a big hole... as we lack of a good mentor to our dear kaka...

im just suggesting... right now kaka is playing behind to strikers... can we convert him to a shadow striker role... like del piero's role... and play rui below... kaka-sheva...

it would be great... plus i dont know whether you notice this... kaka actually get to move and swoosh his magic when rui costa plays...

sigh...
i doubt we would play with 1 striker...berlusconi will fire ancelotti...:p

Signature
THE BEST THERE WAS

Legends
Old 20-12-2004, 15:00   #7
superman_1899

dude... convert kaka into a shadow striker!!!... get it!!!
Old 20-12-2004, 17:00   #8
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman_1899
dude... convert kaka into a shadow striker!!!... get it!!!
we tried that last year,,,,it worked for a while....but stopped..working thats y...silvio got pissed..n n carlo had to play with 2 strikers...so thats how rui ended up in the bench....but maybe rui can play in seedorf's position...

Signature
THE BEST THERE WAS

Legends
Old 20-12-2004, 20:23   #9
nataku02
Rookie

Crespo is coming into form. playing Sheva and Crespo upfront may prove to be quite fruitful. Kaka' should remain in current position for the time being I think.
nataku02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2004, 18:48   #10
MilanLover1899
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataku02
Crespo is coming into form.
his days are over man ! i can't wait untill he leaves us, his average quotation over the first half over the season according to italian newspaper : 5.68 !!! says it all !
MilanLover1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 20:54   #11
Urbinho
Rookie

What are you talking about mann... rui costa is the best player on the squad.. his techical passes and his beutifully technique ..i love him he's a milanista!!!
Urbinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 19:26   #12
louise_dk
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Jon Dahl Tomasson

i don't remember who said it, but jon tomasson has explained that when the rumours about him was out, was the response to jon from coach or something, that they weren't going to sell either of their players, especially not their strikers.
louise_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 09:04   #13
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

why why why.I like rui very much.
i want to watch rui with red&black t-shirt
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 06:37   #14
xerooption
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Baggio, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Sheva, Totti, Cassano, Messi, Buffon, Gattuso

So...

IF this is actually true, then Milan isn't stupid enough to just leave a big gap there.

This translates to that, MAYBE Milan is planning to sign or already has signed a world-class midfielder....maybe somebody like Totti??

But I do agree that Rui isn't as good as he once was. This was evident in the Euro 2004 tournament as Rui was on the bench most of the time..and one of the great things he ever did was score that nice goal against England. (Correct me if I'm wrong... )

So IF he's leaving, then who's gonna replace him and provide those beautiful assists to Superpippo?

"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty."
xerooption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2005, 11:03   #15
NeSTa_86
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: |*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|

it is the worst news that i have ever heard
NeSTa_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2005, 12:00   #16
Roksana
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Default Rui Costa

I watched a Milan web page, and it stood that Rui Costa is going to Benfica, What do u guys think of that?
Roksana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 09:06   #17
NICKY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanLover1899
his days are over man ! i can't wait untill he leaves us, his average quotation over the first half over the season according to italian newspaper : 5.68 !!! says it all !
An average of 5,68 is not that bad when you consider he often plays 10 to 20 minutes. The matches he started he usually got a quoation of 6,5 to 7 !
NICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2005, 12:54   #18
GeronimoFinch
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso

There was talk of Rui going to Atletico as part of a player + cash deal involving Fernando Torres. Not sure if that is still the case? Through the years Rui has been a good player for Milan, but the lack of goals crucified the side. In the last year and a half Kaka has showed that a player in the playmaking (disregard the defensively orientated deep playmaking role of Pirlo) role must be able to score goals - something Rui couldn't do.
GeronimoFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 14:04   #19
r3dman
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta - Maldini

2 goals/ season isn't enough for an AM. He must go. I'd like Van der Vaart in his place. I'm not saying Ronaldinho or Totti cause that would be impossible. Ahh, and maybe you're wondering where Kaka would go. I'd like to see him play on the right, like at Sao Paolo. His speed would do great on the wing!

Signature

Moratti...tutto ciò che tocca, si trasforma in merda!
r3dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 10:32   #20
ics_rk
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato

Surely 2 goals/season isn't enough but consider his assist. How many assist does he make in a season? I also prefer van der Vaart but I think Rui is still a good player at least for backup and Rui can accept it! Kaka in the right.. dunno but there will be fewer space for him in the right side and that can prevent his dribbling ability..

Signature
== Simply Milan is the best ==
==== Milanisti Indonesia ====
ics_rk is offline   Reply With Quote