The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?
Real Madrid - Winners 53 63.86%
Barcelona - Winners 40 48.19%
Valencia - Top 4 31 37.35%
Real Betis - Top 4 13 15.66%
Sevilla - Top 4 20 24.10%
Real Sociedad - Top 4 12 14.46%
Atletico Madrid - Top 4 56 67.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-08-2011, 20:50   #10261
ZBoban
World Cup Winner

What a pass by Messi on that one.
ZBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 20:52   #10262
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

What a loosing mentality from Villareal barca are going through them without even bothering

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 20:52   #10263
Serno91
Cassanata

Fav. Players: From AC Milan

Villarreal is done, HT 2-0.

Signature
Serno91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 20:53   #10264
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Fucking Fabregas, fuck you!

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 20:58   #10265
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I really find it ridiculous and awesome what barca is doing tactically though.

Seriously ONE recognized defender. I'll give Pep credit for this. In an era where everyone and their mom uses a 4-2-3-1, he's come up with a unique system/outlook that keeps evolving.

Thats why i wanted lugano. Counter the midgets with our 5 CB system- Nesta, Thiago, Yepes, Mexes, Lugano.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:00   #10266
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Good game plan so far, weird shape for Barca but it seems to be working though I still feel that Alexis is out of place. Hes hardly seen the ball and when he has he hasnt done anything productive with it. The chemistry between Cesc and Leo is immense, Iniesta and Pedro included at times. Thiago's done well so far, kept it very simple and im surprised at his tracking back. Note: Pedro also seems uncomfy on the LW, maybe a swap with Alexis?

Villarreal are sitting back but cant defend and go forward with only 2 to 3 players against five or six of Barca. Long balls are not going to help having Rossi up front.

Last edited by acmilan4ever; 29-08-2011 at 21:03.
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:04   #10267
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post

Seriously ONE recognized defender. I'll give Pep credit for this. In an era where everyone and their mom uses a 4-2-3-1, he's come up with a unique system/outlook that keeps evolving.

Thats why i wanted lugano. Counter the midgets with our 5 CB system- Nesta, Thiago, Yepes, Mexes, Lugano.
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/...-2010-tactics/

Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:08   #10268
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
I think only you and Sven can understand me, but don't you feel like good defending skills are a dying breed these days? It angers me how much space teams leave at times (in general not just in here, but everywhere, with very few exceptions), how much freedom near their area and how much of a pussies defenders have become when it comes to marking/tackling (they go back and back instead of trying to confront their opponent). I guess the introduction of possession as a way of defending is part of this (hence why you can use DMs CMs as CBs and be succesful), but geez, if you're the one that isn't in control of possession (as well 99% of teams are when they face Barcelona) you have to do go back to basics and actually defend (or is that people are now to afraid of the Xavi's in the world that will make you feel bad for using defensive tactics?)
In my experience, kids just aren't taught how to defend properly anymore. Everything I know about defending came from my dad, not from my clubs' coaches. Is South America not still teaching kids the right things?

In the case of Villareal tonight, it's mainly the total lack of intensity in Villareal's defending that's pissing me off. I know most teams will travel to Barcelona with a sense of grim inevitability, but I'd still expect them to run hard until the first goal goes in, at the very least.

Rossi and Nilmar are also letting them down badly. As a striker, when Barca squeeze way up to the half way line, you can't just fucking stand still with your back to goal and wait for a ball to feet. Why are they not running the channels? They're depriving their team mates of any sort of outlet.

Speaking of shit defending, Villareal have just conceded a goal through the worst offside trap I've seen for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoban View Post
What a pass by Messi on that one.
Villareal put no pressure on the ball, left a space in behind their backline and didn't track Fabregas' run. That goal was a gift.

Messi did what he had to do competently, as he almost invariably does, but nobody would feel the need to comment on someone like Özil (or virtually anyone else) playing a pass like that.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:09   #10269
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:

Lugano went to psg for 3mil

I'd love him here.

Signature
GOAT
Old 29-08-2011, 21:09   #10270
Blade of Faith
A New Hope

Game Over

joder el Barça
Blade of Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:11   #10271
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum1903 View Post
Villareal put no pressure on the ball, left a space in behind their backline and didn't track Fabregas' run. That goal was a gift.

Messi did what he had to do competently, as he almost invariably does, but nobody would feel the need to comment on someone like Özil (or virtually anyone else) playing a pass like that.
which is why he struggles with argentina comparatively, imo.

so many teams play with a defeatist attitude v. barca and let messi shit on them. Not saying he needs them to bend over.. but you dont need to make it easier

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:11   #10272
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

This is just so lame.

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:13   #10273
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

LOL this is getting ******ed.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:13   #10274
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Seriously ONE recognized defender.
I think people are overstating this. Mascherano plays like a defender. And tonight, Busquets is being just as irrelevant as usual, but 10 yards deeper.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:14   #10275
MilanMB
Serendipity

I seriously think Villareal are getting paid for losing this...

Signature
GOAT

Last edited by MilanMB; 29-08-2011 at 21:16.
Old 29-08-2011, 21:16   #10276
Sonny.Bill.Williams
WUNDERKIND

inb4Wild"theywouldshitonshitA"
Sonny.Bill.Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:17   #10277
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:

And it wasn't the first time that kinda run was just completly ignored. Iniesta had made the exact same run from the left at least twice, where the only thing that saved Villareal was imprecise passing from Barcelona.

Tbh La Liga has become a bit dumb lately. I mean, even though Real Madrid and Barcelona have dominated the league for a long time now, Valencia, Sevilla etc. used to be way better. Villareal, Valencia, Sevilla all lost star players without replacing them, and as a result Barcelona can beat Villareal with 4-0 without it really being a surprise.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:21   #10278
Serno91
Cassanata

Fav. Players: From AC Milan

Game over Villareal, 4-0. If they were fighting and doing their best, even losing huge like this, no problem. But this is just bullshit, get a fucking grip!!!
Is there only two competitive teams in La Liga?

Signature
Serno91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:24   #10279
ZBoban
World Cup Winner

Villareal, Valencia are just as competitive as Napoli, Udinese or Juve..it's just that RM and Barca make them look worse than they really are.
ZBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:31   #10280
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
In my experience, kids just aren't taught how to defend properly anymore. Everything I know about defending came from my dad, not from my clubs' coaches. Is South America not still teaching kids the right things?
South America is probably the only place were proper defending is still taught (Paraguay, Uruguay, Colombia, even Venezuela has gathered a thing or two, and actually Brazil is producing more and more defensive style of players-but Mano has no idea how to use them cause he prefers fantasiaaa!)...I believe it's one of the reasons why Messi has issues performing with Argentina, he's not used to these guys and these guys will do anything to make life impossible when the ref ain't seeing and they won't leave you alone throughout the whole game.

I do believe zonal marking is partly "at fault" for this, but then there's some really amateurish mistakes that are repeated over and over, stuff that one would believe it's taught at youth levels or that at least your coach tells you before the game "listen once Cristiano is nearing the edge of the area, instead of backing away, you have to try to make him uncomfortable, you tackle him, if it's dangerous for a FK, then you just try to bug the shit out of him to make him lose possession or make a mistake".

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote