The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: \
yes 52 0.00%
no 10,000,009 100.00%
Voters: 10000061. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2018, 23:44   #20001
ZBoban
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Is looking at how Arsenal have performed, on the pitch, while Gazidis has been CEO is exactly the best barometer of how he'd do as an executive.

I'm not exactly sure what you judge him on, but the on-the-pitch stuff isn't his portfolio. Did he really have any say on the players and who came-and-went?

I guess revenues is one way, but without success, teams lose revenue. Look at us. We are making the same amount as when we were in 2003 I believe?

I guess you look at shirt deals, revenue, and sponsorship relationships.

Elliott has, so far, went for the best possible executive team. I mean, having Scaroni as our President--former CEO of ENI--that's mighty impressive.
Milan definitely needs this type of executive. The way this club has spiraled down the last 10 years should be proof enough that you need people at the helm who can adapt to modern economic landscape.
Old 17-09-2018, 23:46   #20002
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
This. We have tons of potential, but still far tooo young. We need at least 3-4 players with experience, like Higuain.
Yep. I've been repeating this like a parrot since the mercato. Unless we have half a starting XI full of top players we can forget about challenging for anything. Right now we only Higuain + Romagnoli. If we can pick up Fabregas/Rabiot and Di Maria for free and splash out on SMS and Martial next summer we'll be top 3 guaranteed.
Old 17-09-2018, 23:47   #20003
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza AC Milan View Post
We can finish ahead of Lazio though they kept their squad so are cohesive.

The truth is Juve and Napoli will finish top 4. The other 2 position will go to one of Inter, Milan, Roma, Lazio and maybe a wildcard team

Its going to be a dogfight and we need a midfielder like Rafinha in january
They create chances vs teams. Whilst I think we will beat more of the top teams than lazio, I trust lazio to beat teams like cagliari away , genoa away ect.
Old 17-09-2018, 23:50   #20004
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Arsenal are lagging behind commercially in the EPL due to long standing agreements with Emirates for shirt & stadium sponsorship signed before Gazidis joined. However, they recently renewed their shirt sponsorship signing the biggest deal in the clubs history starting next year. Also, they will switch shirt suppliers from Puma to Adidas next year doubling their earnings in the process. This will help to close the gap.
EPL shirt sponsor deals tend to just improve, so it doesn't say much.

Gazidis isn't doing any better than the other EPL CEOs, other than at robbing fans when it comes to ticket prices.

Quote:
As for comparing overall revenues between EPL & Serie A, Juve are top 10 globally but finished 7th when we won our last Scudetto. Had we been managed in a similar fashion we also could’ve been amongst Europe’s top revenue generators regardless of the mismatch between domestic TV revenues.
No one's denying that this club has been mismanaged for a long time.

What makes Gazidis worth the 4-5m he's demanding? There is no signs of extraordinary brilliance from him, perhaps other than at sucking up to billionaires.
Old 18-09-2018, 00:04   #20005
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Lol. Hakan and Kessie the same as Suso?

Bonucci was great last year?

The performance was bad yesterday? The start was terrible, but the performance wasn't, actually.

We should've done better. Hakan wasn't great. Kessie actually was. That's the funny part of the criticisms of Kessie. He didn't deserve any. He made sure the goal was scored.

Hakan didn't play well. I haven't seen him play this badly since he was with Montella.

Thing is, he played really well against Roma until he ran out of gas.

I don't see why people are fucking happy at a bad result.

My question is this: would you rather be right or Milan win? I think I know the answer.
Lol don't get your knickers in a twist. Nobody's saying Kessie + Hakan are shit. Both are good players but they certainly aren't the world beaters some think they are hence the comparisons to Suso. Ask yourself honestly, would either player start at Juve, Napoli, Lazio or even Inter? Exactly. Would L+M have signed either player had they joined the club under the Chinese? Nope.

As for Bonucci, like I said earlier, he was dogshit under Montella (like everybody else) but one of the standout performers under Gattuso. Romagnoli also seriously upped his game playing alongside him.

Nobody is happy that we put in a shit performance and got a bad result yesterday. However, the same posters that were screaming Gattuso = Conte and top 4 is a lock suddenly disappeared. Be consistent. At least I had the decency to say we played great in the first hour against Napoli and first half against Roma (which I repeated again today).

At the end of the day some of us have been Milan fans for decades and remember an entirely different club to the one we find today. We remember benches packed full of top players and being managed by the best coaches around. We're sick and tired of seeing the likes of Hakan, Biglia, Bona and Suso represent these great colours whilst the 6th amateur coach since Allegri takes charge after 5 seasons out of CL. We're used to watching the best and we expect this to continue. It's crystal clear that the teams that finish highest have the best coaches and most top players and until this changes we'll continue to struggle.

Last edited by Kojak; 18-09-2018 at 00:09.
Old 18-09-2018, 00:38   #20006
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder

Quote:
A player's market value and demand are indicative of quality. Kessie + Hakan't have neither
Mercato fan

All good. I get where your coming from.

Signature
Official RnB Contributor
Old 18-09-2018, 00:55   #20007
Congo Powers
elliott did 9/11

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Quote:
At the end of the day some of us have been Milan fans for decades and remember an entirely different club to the one we find today. We remember benches packed full of top players and being managed by the best coaches around. We're sick and tired of seeing the likes of Hakan, Biglia, Bona and Suso represent these great colours whilst the 6th amateur coach since Allegri takes charge after 5 seasons out of CL. We're used to watching the best and we expect this to continue. It's crystal clear that the teams that finish highest have the best coaches and most top players and until this changes we'll continue to struggle.
how many more times must you post until your pining manifests into reality
Old 18-09-2018, 01:05   #20008
jon
The Matrix

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

at what point does Reina get the start?
Old 18-09-2018, 02:20   #20009
beegees
bathroom singer

Quote:
Lol don't get your knickers in a twist. Nobody's saying Kessie + Hakan are shit. Both are good players but they certainly aren't the world beaters some think they are hence the comparisons to Suso. Ask yourself honestly, would either player start at Juve, Napoli, Lazio or even Inter? Exactly. Would L+M have signed either player had they joined the club under the Chinese? Nope.

As for Bonucci, like I said earlier, he was dogshit under Montella (like everybody else) but one of the standout performers under Gattuso. Romagnoli also seriously upped his game playing alongside him.

Nobody is happy that we put in a shit performance and got a bad result yesterday. However, the same posters that were screaming Gattuso = Conte and top 4 is a lock suddenly disappeared. Be consistent. At least I had the decency to say we played great in the first hour against Napoli and first half against Roma (which I repeated again today).

Agree. Conte army always consistent.
#GATTUSOOUT
Old 18-09-2018, 03:27   #20010
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon View Post
at what point does Reina get the start?
after he proves he's better than the inconsistent youngster in EL.
Old 18-09-2018, 04:13   #20011
abritcemeng
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
after he proves he's better than the inconsistent youngster in EL.
How he will prove if doesn't start?

Sent from my XT1663 using Tapatalk
Old 18-09-2018, 05:08   #20012
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Funny how all the posters who were ranting + raving over the Napoli/Roma performances have suddenly lost their tongue after yesterday’s shitshow. Be consistent guys
Yes

They should bitch and moan 24/7 like you
Old 18-09-2018, 07:00   #20013
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Another week another mistake by Donna

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken 🔴⚫️

Old 18-09-2018, 07:43   #20014
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
https://youtu.be/MsfG_XOwo6Q?t=1m26s

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Old 18-09-2018, 07:54   #20015
jon
The Matrix

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
he got his fat raise and now hes complacent. get Reina in there ASAP
Old 18-09-2018, 08:48   #20016
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Yes

They should bitch and moan 24/7 like you
No muppet...they should be prepared to objectively review every performance like I do instead of sweeping things under the carpet when it doesn't suit their agenda.
Old 18-09-2018, 09:41   #20017
Nalim
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
The goal on Sunday was more due to our unreasonably high backline and Romagnolis lack of defending than it was Donnas fault
Old 18-09-2018, 09:53   #20018
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
The goal on Sunday was more due to our unreasonably high backline and Romagnolis lack of defending than it was Donnas fault
So when is he going to make a 7mil a year save?

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Old 18-09-2018, 09:59   #20019
Nalim
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
So when is he going to make a 7mil a year save?
I’m not saying he has been playing well enough to justify his salary. RnB has a tendensy to blame the likes of Donna, RR and Biglia for all of the goals conceded. Meanwhile Romagnoli can do no wrong despite having never shown close to enough quality to live up to the hype.
Old 18-09-2018, 10:53   #20020
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

So gazidis is confirmed?

Signature
Closed Thread