European Coefficients Watch feat. Dr Galliani & co dominating the corridors of power

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
What's funnier is that you guys think Juventus will somehow struggle to finish first.

Oh..ya... Everyone expected juve to put up two W's

That league form and all...

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You should know better than to doubt euromax, general

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
You should know better than to doubt euromax, general

Yes, yes. Of course. You give me wise counsel .

Please go to the finals and lose again. I will allow that

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Positive-Energy1.jpg

the hype train is leaving the in one minute. All passengers please take a seat - http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2017.html

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Italy doing pretty well for being such a shit league.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, yes. Of course. You give me wise counsel .

Please go to the finals and lose again. I will allow that

Max will take juve farther than they should go in Europe, probably quarter finals. And it will be awesome, because it will make him un-fireable. He will continue to suck in serie a, but they won't fire him as long as he carries them into the knockout stages.

Very molto :thumbsup:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Max will take juve farther than they should go in Europe, probably quarter finals. And it will be awesome, because it will make him un-fireable. He will continue to suck in serie a, but they won't fire him as long as he carries them into the knockout stages.

Very molto :thumbsup:

Think you got juve mixed up with arsenal.

Gobbi will almost definitely fire him if he carries on underperforming in the league. Don't get it twisted, they love Serie A more than the ucl.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Think you got juve mixed up with arsenal.

Gobbi will almost definitely fire him if he carries on underperforming in the league. Don't get it twisted, they love Serie A more than the ucl.

Nope

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If Italy surpasses England they will be chocked. Don't think the average fan know what may be close to happening.

At least I haven't read anything about it. But then again, I rarely read sports news that doesn't have to do with Milan. :D

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it in coefficient interest that Serie A fanboys support Leverkusen against AS Roma tonight (knowing Roma could gain more points in the EL instead of being knocked out in the next round by some #1 of a group)?

Forza Bundesbosses :devilehh:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Delete this fodder thread of all fodder.

If it generates interest in Football then it's all good.

What I can't stand is Bb***** fans selling their souls for co-efficents, i.e supporting Juve in UCL ties :fp:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I gave up, because we are so shit I doubt we can get even 6th hahah

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty confident that all 3 Italian teams in EL will qualify to the next round.

Fiorentina result was a freak result. I saw the game. Basel lost too, so a strange day.

As for CL...Roma's goal was probably at least 4 points from the 2 Leverkusen games. They have 1 from the away game, which feels like a bad result because of how the game went but all it will take is a good performance at the Olimpico to secure a good spot in the group.

Juve drew but have 7 points, and should be comfortably into the next round barring a monumental collapse.

Remember when Dnipro drew Lazio it looked all doom and gloom because of the nature of the draw. Since then Lazio have won twice, and today they won heroically after playing with ten men for 84+ mins of the game. Dnipro lost today.

Meanwhile, Tottham sucked as usual, and Liverpool are losing. The difference here is Italian teams want to progress while Lpool and Tottenham don't. That should give us an edge, and we will take over the over-hyped, self-important Prem soon.

Last edited:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Looking good so far...PL sucks as usual. Italian teams are quite good.

We can do it

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Napoli play sumptuous football. They are dismantling the Danish team.

0-3.

Gabbiadini's 2nd goal was a thing to witness.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If serie A take a 4th spot from the EPL...

The General will purchase one of RedCafe or Red/white forums

There will be a small, but effective task force called up for action shorty thereafter.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am pretty confident that all 3 Italian teams in EL will qualify to the next round.

Fiorentina result was a freak result. I saw the game. Basel lost too, so a strange day.

As for CL...Roma's goal was probably at least 4 points from the 2 Leverkusen games. They have 1 from the away game, which feels like a bad result because of how the game went but all it will take is a good performance at the Olimpico to secure a good spot in the group.

Juve drew but have 7 points, and should be comfortably into the next round barring a monumental collapse.

Remember when Dnipro drew Lazio it looked all doom and gloom because of the nature of the draw. Since then Lazio have won twice, and today they won heroically after playing with ten men for 84+ mins of the game. Dnipro lost today.

Meanwhile, Tottham sucked as usual, and Liverpool are losing. The difference here is Italian teams want to progress while Lpool and Tottenham don't. That should give us an edge, and we will take over the over-hyped, self-important Prem soon.

I think Tottenham will qualify to the next round, Liverpool will probably make it also.

I don't know how you are confident about Lazio and Fiorentina.... you claim their loss is a 'freak result' but they also lost against Basel at home.. now they have two away games versus teams that've already beaten them. Lazio's win with ten men is the real freak result here, they're experienced world-class chokers in Europe - it's probably a Roman thing.

Hopefully they all make it to the next round while Liverpool and Tottenham fall. Would be great to see 2 EPL teams get eliminated from the CL but I'm not sure what'll happen. I'd bet on United and Chelsea making it to the next round...after City's away win to Sevilla I think they are on track to qualify too. Arsenal beat Bayern and I think their next game at Munich will be huge, if they lose and Kiev wins it'll be down to the wire.

Hopefully Juve make it at least. Roma don't deserve to go through and I think they're better off in EL where they belong, hopefully they take it a bit seriously. I think Napoli and Fiorentina can both win the EL it just depends if they play in Europe as well as they do in Serie A - consistently.

The difference between England and Italy is now 3.345 points.

When you take into account that England has 4 teams in the CL (ie 16 bonus coefficient points) compared to Italy's 2 (ie 8 bonus coefficient points) and the fact that England has 8 teams in Europe compared to Italy's 6.... England has only achieved 0.25 points more than Italy for this season (2015/16) so far. I reckon by the next match day we will overtake them in the tally for this season alone. We will need the Italians to all wake up and stay focused if we want to stand a chance of overtaking England in the overall coefficients at the end of this season.

It's a long road but it's not impossible. The probability of that happening today is probably around 15%.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but I watched the maddening Fiorentina game and it was one of those things where resolute tactical organization frustrates a far superior team. I don't see Sousa and his team failing to breach them in Poland. Of course, strictly speaking from a results perspective, you're right. Fiorentina should have capitalized on their 4-0 drubbing of the Portuguese side, but I am still reasonably confident that they will win two of their remaining three games, and finish second.

Lazio are pretty much through. They are on 7 points, topping the group, and a win next matchday will pretty much get them there.

The one worry is Roma, but I think they will beat Leverkusen at home. They were superior to the German side in Germany notwithstanding the drama and the early sluggishness.

Liverpool have to travel to Russia and have so far looked like they don't want to be here, while Tottenham lost to Anderlecht and still have to play Monaco. I think the prem teams would absolutely hate it if they did qualify somehow. Pocchetino made it pretty clear that the EL is a nuisance last year, so it works to our advantage.

Bayern Munich, you feel, will beat Arsenal at home, and I hope Olympiacos gets a result against D. Zagreb. That would leave Arsenal rooted at the bottom with tenuous hope.

I do think Chelsea, Man U and City will probably make it. I hope they come in second though and draw tough opponents and get swept aside.

I am hopeful. I think Italian football can learn a lot from the Prem in glossy marketing and exaggerating a product's value, but as a philosophy, an expression of football, Italian football is superior to England's, and hopefully in the next 1-2 years we see that reflected in the rankings.

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
We'll be Pot 4 by the time we make it back to CL football

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
So, as I said, I am fairly confident Roma and Juve will both qualify, and after today, it looks like Arsenal will probably not. On top of that we also directly took points off of the Bundesliga team (Bayer).

All in all a good CL round, even if Roma almost committed suicide yet again.