Lucas Paquetá Thread

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Will he play vs Lazio tomorrow? It's an important game but if there is even the slightest doubt I hope we rest him until the Serie A game vs Torino. Hurts to say it but we need to think smart for the league.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Gattuso: Paqueta could start against Lazio.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Gattuso: "Paquetà? It comes from an injury, it's going to go down the field from the first minute tomorrow. The form? It is not a problem of modules but how we deal with the games and how we go down in the field. Now I want to see the burr at the mouth, we must not undergo goals with Lazio "
Milantv
@AntoVitiello

7 minutes ago.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Watch him style on Lazio as we get to the finals.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lucas Paquetá has been handed a 3 game suspension...

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
This is outrageous. Our Paquetá was fouled but ref showed him the yellow. Ref touched him aggresively & Paquetá reacted. The yellow was harsh, the red unfair & this ban is an outrage. Is Milan going to appeal?

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
This is ridiculous. I thought the red was a little harsh but I can kinda sorta understand it so was OK with it. A season ending ban??? Absolute insanity and makes me thing there is some dirty crap going on. We are legit almost always screwed, it's so obvious... dirty forces at play in Calcio

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
isn't it illegal for refs to touch players, let alone push them? that ref should be banned if anything. milan should definitely appeal. this is too much. first paqueta gets body slammed by a rugby tackle, then 3 bologna players surround him and he didn't touch any of them, ref out of nowhere cards paqueta and pushes him back(he was already backing by the time).

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
This incident was indeed outrageous. That yellow card was literally given for nothing, literally, making it probably the most bullshit yellow card ive ever seen. That red would be understandable but the referee himself was the one who provoked Paq into the red card, not another player. I seriously cant believe why we are not taking a stand against the ref

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
refs are so protected and can get away with any mistake.

If a player does wrong he gets punished immediately, no empathy is shown

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i would have accepted a 5 game bad for that stupidity

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
he was 1 yellow from suspension and he knew he cant do stupid thing
just stay down and fake injury if we have good result
3 games?? imo it would be reduced as a whole situation turn out against him when he didnt do a lot

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
he was 1 yellow from suspension and he knew he cant do stupid thing
just stay down and fake injury if we have good result
3 games?? imo it would be reduced as a whole situation turn out against him when he didnt do a lot

our players are still children, this shows up often in our games

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
our players are still children, this shows up often in our games

What makes other players not children then when they run up to the referee screaming their lungs out at him for a clear foul and still not getting yellow for dissent? While Romagnoli just wants a calm conversation and still gets the yellow every single time for dissent? Is it getting the yellow or not that decides whether the player is unprofessional?

Paq gets rugby tackled and killed by two players and he's the one that first gets the yellow and for absolutely fucking nothing? How many times have we seen a player brought down and gets up to argue with the opposite players and the referee comes in to calm the situation down? Instead Paq got the yellow when he did absolutely nothing wrong. What would your reaction be if you get killed by 2 players and you are the one thats gets the yellow?
And not only that, the fucking referee is the one that provokes Paq, puts his hand on him and pushes him. With the previous incident in mind, the natural reaction is obvious "just dont fucking touch me and get away from me". Instead he got a red card for wanting referees hands away from him. Provoking a player into a red is not the way a referee should behave, no one can tell me anything else. And there is no repercussions for that referee while Paq got 3 games banned :lol:

I would be mad as fuck at Paq if he was the one comitting an obvious foul and then scream at the referee and slapping his arms away from him. But not in this incident.

We get treated unfairly by the referees no matter how you want to view it. And it is not an excuse for us playing shitty football and losing/drawing games. It's just a frustrating thing that I want something to be done about

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like overprotection of the ref to me, honestly if you grab a player who was just brought down and is in emotional unrest and shove a card in his face you have to be aware that this can trigger the players reflexes.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
looking at the video again, Paqueta was a victim of the shit level of refereeing in this shit league.

one Bologna defender grabs Paqueta on the chest from the back and basically bushido's him, while the other (Destro?) goes straight for the leg.

Paqueta, understandably so, shoves the player, and according to the rules he is to get a yellow, but only after a yellow would be given to the offending Bologna player (if shirt grabbing is a yellow, imagine what a straight to the leg tackle& strong arming the player into falling on the ground does).

then that piss of shit has the nerve to put his hands on Paqueta and literally shoves him, what do you expect the player to do?!

funny thing is, Italian referees knows that they will get away with it, given that its just another league match, and not our match vs. Juve where there were (relative) repercussions to the abysmal level of the referee.

just imagine the same level of referring yesterday in a CL match, where a referee puts his hand on a player and shoves him and wouldn't get an international backlash.

i'm usually against pinning our misfortunes at the calls made against us, but also recognise the consistency of rulings made against us. unfortunately we play in the corrupt Italian way.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just rewatched the incident.
It wasn't as bad as I first thought.

His reaction to the foul was understandable and not out of bounds considering how ridiculous the foul was.
There was only a slight push at most from Paq.
The yellow was very harsh.

As for the red, the ref caught him at the worst moment, gave him the yellow within that same second, making Paqueta think he whistled in their favor, and he kept pushing and holding Paq when he shouldn't.
Not all players would react the way Paq did, but those circumstances would've provoked and forced a reaction out of most people.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Are we appealing or what? And is the ref being banned as well?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Just rewatched the incident.
It wasn't as bad as I first thought.

His reaction to the foul was understandable and not out of bounds considering how ridiculous the foul was.
There was only a slight push at most from Paq.
The yellow was very harsh.

As for the red, the ref caught him at the worst moment, gave him the yellow within that same second, making Paqueta think he whistled in their favor, and he kept pushing and holding Paq when he shouldn't.
Not all players would react the way Paq did, but those circumstances would've provoked and forced a reaction out of most people.

:star:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
could be the AM we need if Suso doesn't bring it