Week 31: Milan vs Sassuolo - 08/4/2018

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Still musacchio should be on line with rr and bonbon

we were going clear the ball at that point and that horrible header led to a fucking surprise counter attack, it caught him off guard and musa couldnt react

this was musa's fault 1 then its bonbon 10

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
another thing....Kalinic scored a wonderful goal....but he also wasted two absolute sitters as well. We need a proper striker.

Silva is more of a supporting forward and Cutrone isn't ready to be a big team's starting striker.....Also Silva did something good with the ball every time he had it....I can't see for the FUCKING LIFE OF ME why Gattuso can't simply play 4-4-2 with Silva replacing Bonaventura.....whyyyyy

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
It's unbelievable how few goals Silva and Kalinic have between them in the league. 68 million euros.

I like Silva and want him to have a successful career at the club, but fuck me how our strikers have flopped.

He is very talented player.
But he is not used in the exact position, I think.
And the way Rino plays he sometimes unusable.

He could be very good if he plays little bit behind the main striker.
He is not classical n.9.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Now we will be taken apart by Napoli without Leo and Romagnoli to seal off this nausea.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
another thing....Kalinic scored a wonderful goal....but he also wasted two absolute sitters as well. We need a proper striker.

Silva is more of a supporting forward and Cutrone isn't ready to be a big team's starting striker.....Also Silva did something good with the ball every time he had it....I can't see for the FUCKING LIFE OF ME why Gattuso can't simply play 4-4-2 with Silva replacing Bonaventura.....whyyyyy

this :thumbsup:

he open our play so much for us but we just dont have enough pace to catch up or lack of a clinical striker to finish this up
he is more like a 9,5 not a nr 9
kalinic should be the main striker, he did score 1 tonight but missed 2-3 sitter with his headers :fp:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Montella just did a little less badly, we'd be comfortably in the CL places. Comfortably.

This isn't a mid-table team, it is a top 4 team.

It does have flaws, we need to increase scoring, but it's not as terrible a team as so many are pretending here.

Gattuso's comments are really honest, open, and refreshing. I really like them. It gives you a window into what sort of mentality it takes to be a winner with Milan, and Gattuso's comments and approach really illuminates that.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
We might not even make the EL next season - look at the table. Let's be honest, Lazio deserve to finish in the top 4.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We might not even make the EL next season - look at the table. Let's be honest, Lazio deserve to finish in the top 4.

Top 7 make it this year, since we're in the final against Juve. If Juve wins, 7th becomes EL and if we win, and are in the top 6, then 7th still becomes an EL spot.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Montella just did a little less badly, we'd be comfortably in the CL places. Comfortably.

This isn't a mid-table team, it is a top 4 team.

It does have flaws, we need to increase scoring, but it's not as terrible a team as so many are pretending here.

Gattuso's comments are really honest, open, and refreshing. I really like them. It gives you a window into what sort of mentality it takes to be a winner with Milan, and Gattuso's comments and approach really illuminates that.

True.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Top 7 make it this year, since we're in the final against Juve. If Juve wins, 7th becomes EL and if we win, and are in the top 6, then 7th still becomes an EL spot.

For this team to be creeping into the EL in say 7th.. it's a bad joke. We have to finish 5th at the very worst(that's progress) three teams right behind us and Torino will join them if they keep winning. We have still to play the four close behind us.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

Oh you didn’t see his comments earlier? Bonna is playing every game this season if he is fit since we have no one like him.

Ac Grinta in full force

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Oh you didn’t see his comments earlier? Bonna is playing every game this season if he is fit since we have no one like him.

Ac Grinta in full force

No I didn't see that......That's pretty absurd/tragic.

Bonaventura isn't contributing to our play as much now. I don't know what it is...but he and Suso have really dropped off lately....but while Suso is poor...Bona has been horrible. I mean I like the guy, but he's been off!

A little time on the bench might even help him recover form I dunno.

Also, Hakan got a lot of praise....but even his passing wasn't great.

I think overall, our passing game, especially under pressure is poor.....I'm in no position to suggest anything...but hopefully Gattuso noticed it and will run some more drills or something. We can't keep wasting possession especially with a team this SLOW.

For the first time in a really long time Kalinic actually looked dangerous int he air....I gotta admit I never really liked the guy....but if we can use him this way a little more, we actually added a dimension to our attack!!!

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Sonethings wrong, if we spent 200M and we dont have the quality for a top 4 finish in serie a

Because we spent 200M on 8 players instead of spending it on 3-4 quality players. It’s an okay strategy if you are planning on spending 200M or even more the summer after. But buying a brand new team made of future prospects and average players (woth exception of Leo) was never going to guarantee top 4. This team needs at least another 200M to reach top 4 and move on up from there.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Because we spent 200M on 8 players instead of spending it on 3-4 quality players. It’s an okay strategy if you are planning on spending 200M or even more the summer after. But buying a brand new team made of future prospects and average players (woth exception of Leo) was never going to guarantee top 4. This team needs at least another 200M to reach top 4 and move on up from there.

Luis Alberto cost Lazio 3m. He has to be considered one of the players of the season. Money needs to be spent intelligently. We entrusted an ex Sunderland scout with 200m. Leo was opportune for the management in that it gave this project false relevancy.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
No I didn't see that......That's pretty absurd/tragic.

Bonaventura isn't contributing to our play as much now. I don't know what it is...but he and Suso have really dropped off lately....but while Suso is poor...Bona has been horrible. I mean I like the guy, but he's been off!

A little time on the bench might even help him recover form I dunno.

Also, Hakan got a lot of praise....but even his passing wasn't great.

I think overall, our passing game, especially under pressure is poor.....I'm in no position to suggest anything...but hopefully Gattuso noticed it and will run some more drills or something. We can't keep wasting possession especially with a team this SLOW.

For the first time in a really long time Kalinic actually looked dangerous int he air....I gotta admit I never really liked the guy....but if we can use him this way a little more, we actually added a dimension to our attack!!!

i think suso's crossing has been very poor recently, he doesn't look before he crosses, just swings it in and hopes for the best.

bonna for me is case closed, i can't stand to see him in our shirt anymore.

yeah exactly, its astonishing at how bad our passing is. simple balls they can't play.

to be fair to him kalinic has good positioning, a lot better than silva. if he would be more clinical he can help us a lot in the latter stages of games.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
People blaming Gattuso should stop doing so.

Our results this season have come as a consequence of two main factors:

1. Montella was completely clueless with our new squad, and our squad was clueless with each other. And over that cluelessness loomed an uncertainty in the quality of the squad as a unit, and rightly so one might say, because so many players had little more than some half-impressing years on their CVs. It was a strange bunch, really, and the only world class player, the game changer, was a CB. Of course our strikers have flopped, but it's never really been clear who was the regular starters, and insecurity combined with no luck produced two mediocre new signings.

2. Galliani finished his 30 year run with completely deleting our identity as a quality club with high class players. This produced an expectancy and a confidence in our players that gave them a core to believe in. We completely ruined our status as a top club when we sold Ibra(even though I never thought he could give us greatness) and Silva(who could have). After that things went one way, and our squad piece by piece turned in to pure second or even third tier. This is such an important fuck up because it takes away that belief in the shirt for the players. So even when we signed reasonably good players last season, what else than fan expectancy do they have to anchor their self belief in? Nothing, because every walking Milan player from the last 5-6 years already in the squad is a walking reminder of what mediocrity and uncertainty looks like. Ergo is there nothing for them to inherit, nothing for them to create champion mentality from. When Rino comes in he changes that, but that effect came too late and now the players have confirmed for themselves that they weren't good enough either to recreate the quality of the past.

We really owe Silvio and Galliani some real unfiltered hate for 1. not selling the club when he no longer wanted to win and 2. for running it in such a shit way after that.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
Luis Alberto cost Lazio 3m. He has to be considered one of the players of the season. Money needs to be spent intelligently. We entrusted an ex Sunderland scout with 200m. Leo was opportune for the management in that it gave this project false relevancy.

Every season there are a few players that cost nothing and explode, it just has to happen, theory of big numbers and all. But yeah I agree, money should be spent wisely. I do forget sometimes that Leo fell in our lap. Overall this mercato was a failure as these players are not good enough to get us top 4 but if we look at the big picture then we have a few starters, few prospects and a few players that are more then adequate for depth. Now this will only work if we spend money this mercato and if we spend it wisely. I do hope F&M know what they are doing, cause they are all we got at the moment. This Mercato will tells us if we are coming back or if we are still ruinning around in circles.

Last edited:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
That was a good game sadly. We actually played well and fought til kthx end and that’s the spirit we need to return back to greatness. An upgrade to the wings and bona and we’d be a top club again

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know Rino is a good man-manager and is sticking behind his players.

But FFS how much longer until we try someone else instead of Bonaventura.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For this team to be creeping into the EL in say 7th.. it's a bad joke. We have to finish 5th at the very worst(that's progress) three teams right behind us and Torino will join them if they keep winning. We have still to play the four close behind us.

If.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know Rino is a good man-manager and is sticking behind his players.

But FFS how much longer until we try someone else instead of Bonaventura.

Who will play instead of Bonaventura?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
How they have a GK playing that good and still conceded 50+ goals this season :fp:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Change the formation

To what?

Bonaventura has been atrocious for months now, but he almost scored in overtime. He is the perfect proof of how little depth we have in the creativity department. Gattuso was right.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
To what?

Bonaventura has been atrocious for months now, but he almost scored in overtime. He is the perfect proof of how little depth we have in the creativity department. Gattuso was right.

442... it worked plenty of times
Bonaventura has by far been our worst player the last 2 months. He ass should needs to be benched

Schedule