Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
tbh I think his head movement is at the level of ronda rousey :lol:

Iaquinta barely got any punches in some rounds, it's conceivable. Not like Khabib did anything extraordinary in rounds 3 and 4 other than constant jabs without much power but he clearly won all rounds.

Certainly not Khabib's best performance today but it got the job done. I was pleasantly surprised by Iaquinta's TDD later in the fight.

I had it 50-45

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I had it 50-45 too but I can see how someone could score it 50-43.

Idk, maybe Khabib has been taking some lessons from Edmond :lol:

Nah, he clearly isn't a striker and I don't think anyone thinks he is one but if it was a more competitive fight, I am sure Khabib would know where his bread is buttered. It looked more to me like Khabib reacting to Iaquinta's low stance to prevent TDD so instead he went to just bloody his face 3 rounds in a row safely seeing as despite his limited striking and his suspect defense, he still outstruck Al without any issues.

Listen, I don't discount the chance of Conor winning. At that level it's clear that he has a chance. He is the best striker in that division if he were to fight and absolutely got the chance to win. That being said, I see it going in Khabib's favor more times than not.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
khabib says his team were not happy with his performance.

that's the type of mentality and feedback that can make him stay as champion, if I was him I'd spend the next few months just working on movement and stand up defense because he's at a rudimentary level.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
yep im sticking to it

conor is going to ko him 100%

Connor has shit gas tank. He wont get past round 2. I dont see it ending well for connor at all. Kebab will fight differently against connor. Kebab has beaten rda, barboza who would ko connor and johnson too. I am sure he can handle connor's striking. Connor couldnt even outbox nate. Plus kebab has an iron chin.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Connor has shit gas tank. He wont get past round 2. I dont see it ending well for connor at all. Kebab will fight differently against connor. Kebab has beaten rda, barboza who would ko connor and johnson too. I am sure he can handle connor's striking. Connor couldnt even outbox nate. Plus kebab has an iron chin.

Conor is a really explosive striker that exploits angles and quick bursts. I know if Khabib fought like he did yesterday, he will have a bad time.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I just dont see it happening. Might work if connor had leg kicks but he doesnt possess the flexibility and the dexterity that barboza has in terms of kicking ability. He is going to get tko'd or decisioned.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Leg kicks are after all the best weapon vs a wrestler

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
As for Rose vs Joanna, I saw it as a 48-47. He saved herself for the fifth round and Joanna couldn't keep up with her there imo. 49-46 is a bad joke, Joanna was tearing her up with leg kicks in rounds 3 and 4.

She did almost no damage with her leg kicks, Rose was perfectly fine after the fight.

Joana has no power, either in her fists or her legs, Rose schooled her yet again. Now she is on some A level denial with the numbers don't lie campaign.

The only way she becomes a champ again, is if someone else beats Rose.

As for Conor vs Khabib, its most likely not gonna happen. And if it did, id give Conor a 50-50 chance.

Not everybody is a zombie like Nate Diaz, and Conor hits hard for his weight class, way harder than anybody Khabib has faced so far.

But his timing and distance management will have to be on point, otherwise Khabib gonna turn him into a Irish potato.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Connor vs vick would be hilarious. I dont think connor pussy can beat him.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
She did almost no damage with her leg kicks, Rose was perfectly fine after the fight.

Joana has no power, either in her fists or her legs, Rose schooled her yet again. Now she is on some A level denial with the numbers don't lie campaign.

The only way she becomes a champ again, is if someone else beats Rose.

As for Conor vs Khabib, its most likely not gonna happen. And if it did, id give Conor a 50-50 chance.

Not everybody is a zombie like Nate Diaz, and Conor hits hard for his weight class, way harder than anybody Khabib has faced so far.

But his timing and distance management will have to be on point, otherwise Khabib gonna turn him into a Irish potato.

I wouldn't say the leg kicks didn't do damage. She clearly slowed down significantly after getting the shit kicked out of her.

I agree tough that Joanna is a bit delusional after this fight. I buy her weightcut excuse for the last fight as to why she got ko'd but now it's just sad. I also agree that Rose got her number. I am somewhat shocked that Rose won the fight without wrestling at all. She is not supposed to be better on the feet but here we are, beaten her twice on the feet. Gotta respect Rose, looking forward to her next fight.

I have no idea what's next for JJ. If she loses another fight, she might self destruct Ronda style on social media and in interviews :lol:

I wouldn't put Khabib v Conor as 50/50(60/40 more like it imo). I believe Conor is an underdog in this match. I have bigger trust in Khabib sticking to the gameplan and his chin being decent than Conor being able to keep Khabib off of him for the entirety of the fight. Once he's down, I don't think he gets up again.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol what? You really think connor can beat vick? Bitch couldnt even beat diaz. A fraud decision saved him. Vick would mutilate him. He is a ww in lw body. Vick has improved so much. Most avoided fighter apart from kebab in lw.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Vick height is pretty comical in LW. I do agree that that alone might be a huge issue for Conor. Surprisingly enough, the reach advantage isn't so bad. Conor got super long arms for a manlet, must've taken some of the reach from Artem.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
conor would annihilate vick

I've never seen an elite fighter get this much disrespect, yes he lost to nate diaz, didn't he win the rematch? my only knock on conor is that his gas tank is an obvious weakness.

GSP lost to matt serra and he's the GOAT.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Vick height is pretty comical in LW. I do agree that that alone might be a huge issue for Conor. Surprisingly enough, the reach advantage isn't so bad. Conor got super long arms for a manlet, must've taken some of the reach from Artem.

Everybody is scared of kebab and vick. Connor 100% eould never beat him. Dariusb beat vick when he dint even have a proper coach and also weight issues.
Vick would absolutely annihilate connor.
Connor's style depends on utilizing distance management skills and reach.
Vick would negate both.
Vick better grappler
Vick better jui jutsu.
On top of all this, vick is big for the weight class. Would be 10 lbs heavier come fight night. Connor will get ko'd.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
should have finished 39 year old francisco trinaldo 2 months ago

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I've never seen an elite fighter get this much disrespect, yes he lost to nate diaz, didn't he win the rematch? my only knock on conor is that his gas tank is an obvious weakness.

He lost that to diaz. Lets not kid ourselves. Bs rules saved his ass. Rory vs lima. Real winner was lima. Rory could barely walk out after the fight. Damage output is far more important in real fighting. Connor would have got starched id the last round lasted anothee minute. Leprechaun cocksucker cant beat anyone his own size. He beat eddie cause again he could use his reach advantage. Against kebab even that wont work cause he has better iq and closes distancr faster than connie. When he lays his hands on the irish prick, he will get taken down and pounded out.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Conor did win the decision in the second fight BUT one can make an argument that Nate could've won the decision too. Besides, going 1-1 and the victory being as close as it was against a journeyman/gatekeeper type such as Nate isn't that impressive.

Yes, GSP lost to Serra but he finished him in the return and you really cannot compare those two because GSP defended his title a whole lot against some really good opponents imo.

That's the issue with Conor - he needs to fight vs guys like Tony and Khabib to underline whether he's truly elite in LW or not.

I like Conor as a fighter, make no mistake. His antics outside don't change that but I have my doubts to his ranking as LW. I can't judge the Vick matchup, Swagger is more educated on that but I feel like Conor doesn't quite measure up to Khabib or Tony but I do think he beats Alvarez and Barbosa.

I think Gathje is tough for Conor too if Justin uses his wrestling properly because he's got a great chin imo(too good because he relied too much on it vs Alvarez).

I'd love to see Conor vs Max 2 or Conor vs Ortega as well.

All this crap wouldn't be an issue if Conor fought instead of not fighting for over 500 days despite being injury free and holding a division hostage. We all know that's were most of the animosity stems from.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
should have finished 39 year old francisco trinaldo 2 months ago

Trinaldo is a beast dde. Very tough sob. Not easy to finish at lw.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
would you fight guys like tony and khabib for 1/4 of your real value?

I think you're an educated enough fan to know that mma is all about match ups, nate diaz is very good at mma boxing, has an iron chin and cardio for days, so his type of fighter is a tougher match up for conor rather than a eddie alvarez (who is a better fighter than diaz) and mcgregor toyed with alvarez.

justin would get slept by conor, he refuses to use his wrestling, doesn't defend well and never stops coming forward...I'd be surprised if it lasts 2 rounds.

I want to see conor vs khabib and conor vs tony, but tony is most likely out for a year...so it's most likely khabib next.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Connor beats everyone barring kebab, tony 50 50, nate and vick. He ko's barboza, gaetje etc. Connor is defo top 5. Vick would easily be top 5 if people actually accept the fight. Look out for taisumov as well. Everyone are ducking him. Even vick lol.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
would you fight guys like tony and khabib for 1/4 of your real value?

I think you're an educated enough fan to know that mma is all about match ups, nate diaz is very good at mma boxing, has an iron chin and cardio for days, so his type of fighter is a tougher match up for conor rather than a eddie alvarez (who is a better fighter than diaz) and mcgregor toyed with alvarez.

justin would get slept by conor, he refuses to use his wrestling, doesn't defend well and never stops coming forward...I'd be surprised if it lasts 2 rounds.

I want to see conor vs khabib and conor vs tony, but tony is most likely out for a year...so it's most likely khabib next.

Agreed. Its all about matcups because alvarez would ragdoll diaz easy yet he got ko'd by connie.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Connor beats everyone barring kebab, tony 50 50, nate and vick. He ko's barboza, gaetje etc. Connor is defo top 5. Vick would easily be top 5 if people actually accept the fight. Look out for taisumov as well. Everyone are ducking him. Even vick lol.

Taisumov should've been at UFC 223 but Visa issues prevent it iirc. Which is pretty weird considering the guy got an Austrian passport afaik.

The guys at my gym that know him rate him very highly indeed. Definitely a guy that would move up the rankings if he fought more.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Listening to JRE right now, and he has Bas Rutten on. He is promoting this:

Looks very cool :thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^? U like gaetje? Me too but man he needs to change his fightung style. He is already showing signs of cte.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^? U like gaetje? Me too but man he needs to change his fightung style. He is already showing signs of cte.

Aye, i actually like both fighters. Yeah he needs to improve his boxing tenfold, he covers up decently, but he needs to roll with the punches a lot better if he doesn't want to have severe brain damage in +- 5 years time.

That Israel guy has a great stand up game, but his ground game is uber shite, he looked very lost when dragged to the ground.

Condit really needs to retire already :(

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gaethje has the tools but just wants to brawl. No idea why, you can be entertaining without getting fucked up every fight that being said, I do enjoy his fights.

Not sure what gets him first - severe CTE(because he probably already has some) or the UFC cuts him after he loses a few more fights. I was very disappointed he didn't go the wrestling route after the Alvarez fight.

Adesanya looked way more bothered by takedowns this time around compared to his first fight and that's pretty worrying considering Vettori isn't even good in that regard - at least compared to the top MW I perhaps should add. I guess now it's the time for the Jon Jones comparisons to stop.

Condit needed to retire after his last fight.

But yeah, great job by the UFC putting this card together. Fox cards are definitely geared towards the just bleed crowd.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
can someone link me where i can watch the fight?