Week 3: Napoli (3) vs AC Milan (1) - 18/09/2011

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
How long are Ibra and KPB going to be out?

He's out at least 2-3 weeks. So he's likely to miss Napoli, Udinese, Cesena and Juve.
After those games there's an NT break when he has two games with Sweden.
Hopefully he's back for those.

Reports say he will go back to Sweden this week for some rehab training.

It's NOT a serious injury, but it's difficult for them to estimate the time it will take to heal.

http://fotboll.expressen.se/internationellt/1.2558790/uppgifter-zlatan-borta-fyra-matcher

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Thanks Fredrik. Sucks that he will certainly miss Napoli and Udinese. After the Udinese game we will have a home game in the CL IIRC and then Cesena so it shouldnt be too bad. Hopefully he recovers in time to face Juve.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
He's out at least 2-3 weeks. So he's likely to miss Napoli, Udinese, Cesena and Juve.
After those games there's an NT break when he has two games with Sweden.
Hopefully he's back for those.

Reports say he will go back to Sweden this week for some rehab training.

It's NOT a serious injury, but it's difficult for them to estimate the time it will take to heal.

http://fotboll.expressen.se/internationellt/1.2558790/uppgifter-zlatan-borta-fyra-matcher

Do you also know anything about Robinho's injury how long it wil take?

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Do you also know anything about Robinho's injury how long it wil take?

Allegri said last week Binho was "doubtful" for the Barca game. That should mean he's close to fitness.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Allegri said last week Binho was "doubtful" for the Barca game. That should mean he's close to fitness.

Which could mean that allegri will play:

Noce - MVB - Seed
Aqui
Rob - Pato

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rob........Pato
......Aqui
Dorf........Noc
......Boss

is what I'd play too cos of Ibra/Prince injuries.

Don't think either Robinho or Aquilani will be fit to play all 90 minutes though. ES92 Milan debut might be coming up :):):)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
If both Ibrahimovic and Boateng cannot start this game, I see Emanuelson as a logical replacement for Boateng (both Seedorf and Aquilani is too much of the same; Emanuelson offers something else just like Prince - pace, movement etc.), and Pato+Robinho as the most logical non-Zlatan attack. Nocerino seems to be our best non-Dutch DM, and Aquilani looked good so far also (Seedorf didn't impress me as much as I expected so I give it to Aquilani). If Taiwo can play, then he must play. Zambrotta is a good 2nd choice (though can be play twice a week?).

Pato, Robinho
Emanuelson
Aquilani, Van Bommel, Nocerino
Taiwo, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
I dont think Robi will be fit enough, im going for same line up from the Barca match to be put out against Napoli and the only change would be Aquilani starting instead of the injured KPB. Maybe even inclusion of Taiwo instead of Zambro/Anto if hes fit enough.

This leaves the option of Ambro and Urby coming off the bench and also players like Kingsley and SES92 to possible make an appearance.

AriCel66

Primavera
Reaction score
Im going to put a lot of effort in this , and i will be expecting constructive feedback :).
Enjoy!

I think this game should be approached similar to Barcas , but yet with reversed roles , us being the ball holders, while they (which is what most Serie A teams do to us) the deep defenders. They will most likely resort to an 8 man own half , trying quick counters - long range shots (Hamsik & Co) and headers from set pieces (Cavani).

However this tactic for them has some flaws , as Barca 5:0 showed. A high line from us with fast fullbacks (Taiwo - Abate) to help Silva and relatively slow Yepes whenever they quick counter can nullify the drawbacks of a high line against quick counters , while making us more present in midfield (which we badly need).
I highly doubt either of Cavani - Lavezzi - Hamsik can outrun our Taiwo - Abate - Silva combo, plus the offside trap really fucks Cavani. Yepes IMHO is comparable to Nesta in headers , thats the closest thing you can compare him too, and thats what we need against their powerful set pieces. Having a high line will pressure them not really allowing them to pull their long range shots antics.
Van Bomel and his smart positioning will be needed ( I reckon he will be tired , but not a lot of running is asked of him , he just needs to anchor the defense and intercept passes , brake out play , and do tactic fouls in case we get overrun.
Against a high pace midfield like theirs Nocerino and his running is a must , the dude is a hero , he plays with heart. He gave the assist to Pato while surrounded by 3 midgets and also red his ass of at 92 mins pressuring Keita for a freaking corner. Thats what you want imo , if you hate him ... you are sad.
Aquilani has showed that he is 1st team material , from the moment he entered the game with barca , we started getting a so tiny yet so significant presence. His passes are world class , full stop. He proved his goal vs Spain wasn't a flop , and his assist - quick one touch overhead pass to Cassano on Ibra's goal on Lazio weren't a stroke of luck either. If we want to have possession in this game (If Lavezzi - Hamsik (both CAMs) as well as their wingers (Dossena - Magio) are allowed stupid balls we are in deep shit), we need him. Aquilani - Bommel - Nocerino really rarely waste balls , unlike someone i know (Gattuso - Ambro , they are legends and bleed red and black , sadly truth be told as of late they are a disgrace).
El Sharawwy - Sadly most likely wont play , i really follow milan training sessions , and this guy has so much pace and speed , its amazing. Allegri however might not have enough faith in him. But a combination of Binho - ELS , both pace players, both dribblers , both good passers/assist man (if you think I'm talking crap , check what he did half a season fit in Serie B , before training 4 months with Milan, on special routine - I swear i dont talk fantasies. Wikipedia " Stephan El Shaarawy (born 27 October 1992 in Savona, Italy) is an Italian footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Serie A club Milan. His main assets are his blistering pace and ability to unlock opposing teams with his trickery and clever passing. " Scored 9 goals past season before any Pro training , and playing only 29 matches , 6 of which as a substitute (Heck a starter :) ) , this might sound lame , but he is an AM so its a bunch of goals.
Finally , our ONLY big game striker , PATO , so uncosistent , yet so much potential , if anyone deserves a starting spot , he does.

This line up if made of HARD WORKERS , people that bleed red and black while having ability , and this lineup is made to support our strength minimize our weakness while we minimize their strength (Midfield presence , we couldn't do it with Barcelona , guess what we can with Napoli.)

Attacking Phase

Midfield domination

Defensive high line , with dropping fullbacks and sweeping Abbiati.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Im going to put a lot of effort in this , and i will be expecting constructive feedback :).
Enjoy!

I think this game should be approached similar to Barcas , but yet with reversed roles , us being the ball holders, while they (which is what most Serie A teams do to us) the deep defenders. They will most likely resort to an 8 man own half , trying quick counters - long range shots (Hamsik & Co) and headers from set pieces (Cavani).

However this tactic for them has some flaws , as Barca 5:0 showed. A high line from us with fast fullbacks (Taiwo - Abate) to help Silva and relatively slow Yepes whenever they quick counter can nullify the drawbacks of a high line against quick counters , while making us more present in midfield (which we badly need).
I highly doubt either of Cavani - Lavezzi - Hamsik can outrun our Taiwo - Abate - Silva combo, plus the offside trap really fucks Cavani. Yepes IMHO is comparable to Nesta in headers , thats the closest thing you can compare him too, and thats what we need against their powerful set pieces. Having a high line will pressure them not really allowing them to pull their long range shots antics.
Van Bomel and his smart positioning will be needed ( I reckon he will be tired , but not a lot of running is asked of him , he just needs to anchor the defense and intercept passes , brake out play , and do tactic fouls in case we get overrun.
Against a high pace midfield like theirs Nocerino and his running is a must , the dude is a hero , he plays with heart. He gave the assist to Pato while surrounded by 3 midgets and also red his ass of at 92 mins pressuring Keita for a freaking corner. Thats what you want imo , if you hate him ... you are sad.
Aquilani has showed that he is 1st team material , from the moment he entered the game with barca , we started getting a so tiny yet so significant presence. His passes are world class , full stop. He proved his goal vs Spain wasn't a flop , and his assist - quick one touch overhead pass to Cassano on Ibra's goal on Lazio weren't a stroke of luck either. If we want to have possession in this game (If Lavezzi - Hamsik (both CAMs) as well as their wingers (Dossena - Magio) are allowed stupid balls we are in deep shit), we need him. Aquilani - Bommel - Nocerino really rarely waste balls , unlike someone i know (Gattuso - Ambro , they are legends and bleed red and black , sadly truth be told as of late they are a disgrace).
El Sharawwy - Sadly most likely wont play , i really follow milan training sessions , and this guy has so much pace and speed , its amazing. Allegri however might not have enough faith in him. But a combination of Binho - ELS , both pace players, both dribblers , both good passers/assist man (if you think I'm talking crap , check what he did half a season fit in Serie B , before training 4 months with Milan, on special routine - I swear i dont talk fantasies. Wikipedia " Stephan El Shaarawy (born 27 October 1992 in Savona, Italy) is an Italian footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Serie A club Milan. His main assets are his blistering pace and ability to unlock opposing teams with his trickery and clever passing. " Scored 9 goals past season before any Pro training , and playing only 29 matches , 6 of which as a substitute (Heck a starter :) ) , this might sound lame , but he is an AM so its a bunch of goals.
Finally , our ONLY big game striker , PATO , so uncosistent , yet so much potential , if anyone deserves a starting spot , he does.

This line up if made of HARD WORKERS , people that bleed red and black while having ability , and this lineup is made to support our strength minimize our weakness while we minimize their strength (Midfield presence , we couldn't do it with Barcelona , guess what we can with Napoli.)

Attacking Phase

Midfield domination

Defensive high line , with dropping fullbacks and sweeping Abbiati.

I'd pick Nesta over Yepes. I know Nesta needs to rest and seems to be better against teams who'll surround our box ala Barca, but I still think Yepes should be brought on if the game is in the bag. If Robinho, Pato Aquilani and Seedorf play, even against Napoli it'll be Milan playing the possession game. Then if someone gives it away (my guess Pato) and Napoli hit on the counter, Yepes will be as useful as the Tottenham first leg.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez

Based on what Aquilani showed against Lazio he cant play anything but CAM.
the midfield was wide open against Lazio. He will get more help from Nocerino against Napoli in defence than he got from Ambrosini against Lazio but it will not be enough if Aquilani playes like he did in that game.

Noc - MVB - Seed
Aqui
Pato - El Shaarawy

Last edited:

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Based on what Aquilani showed against Lazio he cant play anything but CAM.
the midfield was wide open against Lazio. He will get more help from Nocerino against Napoli in defence than he got from Ambrosini against Lazio but it will not be enough if Aquilani playes like he did in that game.

Noc - MVB - Seed
Aqui
Pato - El Shaarawy

Well based on the fact that Aquilliani has almost always played in a three man midfield Id say he could do it in our team aswell

ahmadkanafani

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Shaarawy should have take part in Napoli game as well as Emanulson, & I don't think Allegri will play 4-3-2-1 against Napoli. Maybe Emanulson beside pato & cassano start at the bench

AriCel66

Primavera
Reaction score
If we get Ganso/Hamsik and use Christmass tree formation, with a tactician like Allegri, 4:3:2:1 being probably the best suitable and balanced formation for our team ,(who cares if we have 5 strikers if 1 is enough) , we can go far in SA and CHL.
Plus i think when we can dominate possession and the opponent go Catenaccio we can go Ibra - Cassano (worked wonders last year). If we play gainst balanced team Pato - Binho are best to be clinical in finish (Pato) while also tracking back (Binho).
We are 3d team with most possession last year , after Barca and Bayerns , only .5% more had bayern then us if i remember correctly.
Don't forget we won 2 Champions , 1 final , 2 semis (1 barca stole from us) under ancelotti with 4:3:2:1. If Pato can improve to Sheva level (which i think he can) , and if Emanuelsson/Binho can do 40% of what sergino did as CAM , and Sharawii wich i expect a lot of can be our Kaka style CAM , the guess what , we can emulate this amazing Stats.
Plus our defense in no weaker then the one we had , course having maldini in your team you have leadership but Taiwo:Nesta/Mexes:Silva:Abate is as good of a defense as you can get.
Im confident given the time Aquilani can somehow be our Pirlo style player (note the "style player" , no one can be as good as pirlo , no xavi no iniesta no lampard , no one) but all we need is a long pass here and there and the defense will take care of the rest. Our DM ish CMs can be Nocerino + Strasser ( <3 he has potential , Merkel also , they both can play under pressure , are young , and are motivated).
Imo 4:3:2:1 2 CHL 1 Final : 2 Semis : 1 Quarter - Is an impressive record, and Allgeri can be as good if not better a tactician then Ancelotti ( <3 him , wish he comes works for milan as something , hes always needed) .
Im such a fukind dreamer ! dammit!

Behold 2013 (Sex)tuple winners AC MILAN under Allegri.

Last edited:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
If both Ibrahimovic and Boateng cannot start this game, I see Emanuelson as a logical replacement for Boateng (both Seedorf and Aquilani is too much of the same; Emanuelson offers something else just like Prince - pace, movement etc.), and Pato+Robinho as the most logical non-Zlatan attack. Nocerino seems to be our best non-Dutch DM, and Aquilani looked good so far also (Seedorf didn't impress me as much as I expected so I give it to Aquilani). If Taiwo can play, then he must play. Zambrotta is a good 2nd choice (though can be play twice a week?).

Pato, Robinho
Emanuelson
Aquilani, Van Bommel, Nocerino
Taiwo, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

Switch Emanuelson and Aquilani and it's a winning formula !

look

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aquilani, van Bommel, Gennaro Ivan, Abate, Prince, Cassano, Mexes, Buffon, Matri, Quags, Ibra, Messi
When Aquilani had come to AC Milan he said that: In Juventus i didn´t played in my favourite position, but in Milan I can play at AMF position. http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/135835
abBd0gHagZ.jpg

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
All these formations, but I haven't even seen one striker as CB for deep attack. n00bs.

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
Abbiati - Abate - Nesta - Thiago Silva - Taiwo - Van Bommel - Nocerino/Boateng - Seedorf - Aquilani - Robinho - Pato PLEASE

I also would like to see El Shaarawy later in the game.

Last edited:

look

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aquilani, van Bommel, Gennaro Ivan, Abate, Prince, Cassano, Mexes, Buffon, Matri, Quags, Ibra, Messi

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
dont know about u guys, but im damn excited to watch taiwo play. His speed and pure power is something we need at the back. having Taiwo, Abate and Silva adds a speed on defence that not many teams can say they have, also all 3 are good at defending. Taiwo is a lil rough on defence, but his speed helps him correct his mistakes

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
dont know about u guys, but im damn excited to watch taiwo play. His speed and pure power is something we need at the back. having Taiwo, Abate and Silva adds a speed on defence that not many teams can say they have, also all 3 are good at defending. Taiwo is a lil rough on defence, but his speed helps him correct his mistakes
i dont know. Im still unconvinced about Taiwo. Hope he can put in some good performances to change my mind tho

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Any updates on robinho? Considering he was doubtful for Barca, will he even be called up for this one?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we want to play Aquilani in a three man midfield, then the easy solution is to switch him to RCM instead of LCM. The problem against Lazio was that Allegri had Aquilani and Antonini on the same side of the pitch... Well, there were a lot of problems with his tactics against Lazio but still... Simply switching a DM to the left side would have really helped, IMO.

Nocerino must be ahead of Ambrosini and Gattuso at this point... Those two could not have looked worse against Lazio and Barcelona.

Abbiati
Abate-Nesta-Silva-Taiwo
Aquilani-Van Bommel-Nocerino
Cassano---Urby
Pato​

or

Abbiati
Abate-Nesta-Silva-Taiwo
Nocerino-Van Bommel-Seedorf
Aquilani
Cassano-Pato​

^Almost prefer this formation, but I'd question our fitness with the whole three man having played against Bartha.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
It's better for us(Juve) if you guys draw with Napoli :D

I think its better for you if we beat them, since napoli will be challenging for that 3rd CL spot ;)

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i dont know. Im still unconvinced about Taiwo. Hope he can put in some good performances to change my mind tho

The games i saw last yr he played very well and can cross the ball, something or full backs cant do for sh1t. We can also use him for free kicks, dude has a hammer of a shot

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i hope we see es shawaary soon, if not what was the point in not loaning him out to gain experience. Even to a team like palermo who sold pastore, or leave him at genoa and he would get playing time

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Is Taiwo available for this game to play? I hope so!

Schedule