CL : Arsenal FC (3) vs AC Milan (0) (3-4 Agg) - 6/3/2012

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I am sleeping like a baby and waiting for next draw

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I am sleeping like a baby and waiting for next draw

Haha same here, but some posters reminded me of the deportivo loss, i am a little worried we might get complacent. I have a feeling we will face bayern in the next round though.

Last edited:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Is it another draw??

Like as in, not predeterminded who we will face

Id like to us to take to it to them at the emirates, as much as other commitments (Serie A) allow us to

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Is it another draw??

Id like to us to take to it to them at the emirates, as much as other commitments (Serie A) allow us to

quarterfinal onward is random draw, and teams from same country can play one another.

we're taking out Inter next round.

:star:

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Is it another draw??

Also, at the next draw we'll not only know our opponent at the quarter-finals. We'll also know the path to the final match. In other words, we'll know who we could meet in the semi-finals, in case we reach it, and who we can't.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Would love Apoel/Lyon right now with Inter or Napoli in semi final.

Dream would be Barca-Bayern-Madrid get paired up on the other side of the draw. But knowing our luck... :(

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
GUYS, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT ROUND SO SOON!

First let's ensure we knock arsenal out, these english teams won't want to go out this humiliatingly, trust me. I am thinking in the return leg we DON'T rest Ibra as he very good at keeping possession, and the longer we have possession the more less likely we give them chances to score any goals. Same defence should be kept I think:

Abate - Mexes - Silva - Antonini
Aquilani - MvB - Emmanuelson
Prince
Ibra - El Sharawy

I'm choosing El Sharawy over Pato for this one because I honestly think he will work much harder and really go for it. What do you guys think

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
If they manage to score 2-0 during the first half. The game is back on.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
what the fuck are you guys even discussing about?

its final resting place before we charge towards ... MUNICH :star:

who the fuck is that chick?? barbara with plato?

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I think it would be best to play a slightly different squad for this leg. One that hopefully includes El Shaarawy in the starting line-up.

I'm not saying they will be but if we play the same team we did in the first leg, there's a high possibility they'll be complacent.

Last edited:

fo shizzle

Whigga!
Reaction score
GUYS, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT ROUND SO SOON!

First let's ensure we knock arsenal out, these english teams won't want to go out this humiliatingly, trust me. I am thinking in the return leg we DON'T rest Ibra as he very good at keeping possession, and the longer we have possession the more less likely we give them chances to score any goals. Same defence should be kept I think:

Abate - Mexes - Silva - Antonini
Aquilani - MvB - Emmanuelson
Prince
Ibra - El Sharawy

I'm choosing El Sharawy over Pato for this one because I honestly think he will work much harder and really go for it. What do you guys think

Its pointless talking about line ups when theres three weeks to go.

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Its pointless talking about line ups when theres three weeks to go.

I just will be livid if we are complacent, we need to go into the game as if its a final again, because they WILL attack, they have NOTHING to lose 4-0 down, we have EVERYTHING to lose. We need to fight again, because they may be on a amazing form then

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
What are you all talking about..
There's no way in hell THIS Arsenal with the players they have right now, will score 4 against OUR defense, with the players we have right now. Let alone 6 :lol:

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
There's no way in hell THIS Arsenal with the players they have right now, will score 4 against OUR defense, with the players we have right now. Let alone 6 :lol:

I completely agree but I'm not taking anything for granted at all. I guess there is no chance Wilshere is coming back to their squad by then and Henry is gone (giving them even LESS options), so its promising for us

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Barca and Madrid meet, then I am hoping a Milan vs Madrid final after us knocking out Bayern and Inter!

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu

The same thing was said about Deportivo, when we were 3-0 up and defending Champions League champions.

History repeats itself.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
If Barca and Madrid meet, then I am hoping a Milan vs Madrid final after us knocking out Bayern and Inter!

Screw La Liga giants.

I want this semi-final:

Milan vs Napoli.

Bayern vs Inter.

It would be a revenge filled climax!

Reaction score
If it was 2-0, possibly 3-0, then I would say we could have had a decent chance of perhaps getting back into the tie, but those 4 goals were killers and Milan's defence is watertight. Can't see us getting back in the tie whatsoever. If Milan's defence is as strong and ruthless as it was in the first leg, then we won't create any clear cut chances and we won't get any consolations.

Realistically, I think the tie was over when Robinho got his second of the game and Milan's third. You've done too much damage and scored too many goals for us to get back in the game.

Probably better that we're out now, anyway. Now we can focus on the league and FA Cup and won't have to worry about any fixture congestions. And besides, we were never going to win the Champions League anyway.

We're like the Everton of the Champions League - in it, but not in it to win it, lol.

Il Danese

Always Optimistic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
Ammaar I'd agree with you if I was a fan of any other team. But we have a thing for giving away 'safe' fixtures and I've been hurt too many times before to open up and celebrate already :(.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I won't celebrate until we put in an away goal.

Then you've gotta put in 6... and well... that ain't happening.

fo shizzle

Whigga!
Reaction score
Ammaar I'd agree with you if I was a fan of any other team. But we have a thing for giving away 'safe' fixtures and I've been hurt too many times before to open up and celebrate already :(.

Yep. Away against PSV in 2005 was also waaay to exciting.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Post game talk first match.

campsfield68

Faizan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Too many to name :D
more of the same in the 2nd leg.... one early away goal will be the final nail in the arsenal coffin

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
uploaded it where?
I'm trying to tell you this video is blocked.

Fuck. They already blocked it. Took them 5 minutes.
How the hell did they find it?

Not cool practice by the money hungry UEFA.
They're shooting themselves in the foot.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fuck. They already blocked it. Took them 5 minutes.
How the hell did they find it?

Not cool practice by the money hungry UEFA.
They're shooting themselves in the foot.

maybe the tag "ars" tipped them off?

Schedule