Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Cain velasquez will get the next title fight against lesnar, I hope he smashes his face... If not, I hope UFC brings fedor (not gonna happen), he WILL rape lesnar, especially after his first loss he will be very hungry for the UFC HW title.

I think that it could happen if he didn't had lose. After his losing I guess Dana White had an orgasm and shoutted "I DON'T NEED YOU ANYMORE SUCKEEER!".

I agree with you. Fedor would rape him.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cain Velasquez vs Junior dos Santos, now that would be an epic fight

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Welcome devil... :D

Agree with you, it would be a great match-up. But they are far from each other right now... Dos santos is going to fight roy nelson in ufc 117 and cane have a title fight I don't know when, I can't see them fighting any time soon.

Anyone know when machida's next fight is?

OneUnited

Reaction score
Yeah Shane was very tired but either way, when you're on the floor you have time to rest. He could had hold the fight for a little longer and then try to beat Brock again.

The fight was too relentless for that. He expended all of his energy in the first advancing his position, and Lesnar completely dominated him after that takedown in the second. He obviously had nothing to offer.

An aspect of Carwin's game was badly exposed. He finally ran into a fighter capable of withstanding his brutal onslaughts. Lesnar deserves a lot of credit for that. Also, Brock showed great initiative to work towards the arm triangle. Very impressive for such a big guy.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Thiago Silva is the best :D

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The fight was too relentless for that. He expended all of his energy in the first advancing his position, and Lesnar completely dominated him after that takedown in the second. He obviously had nothing to offer.

An aspect of Carwin's game was badly exposed. He finally ran into a fighter capable of withstanding his brutal onslaughts. Lesnar deserves a lot of credit for that. Also, Brock showed great initiative to work towards the arm triangle. Very impressive for such a big guy.

Jiu jitsu is the best weapon mainly when you're tired.

Carwin could had done a guard job, feet on the groins, some lock or strangle tryings... c'mon, he's a fighter, he could be tired but not dead. It was a completely lack of knowledge by Shane to not try to react the way he did.

OneUnited

Reaction score
It was a mixture. I couldn't believe how tired he looked at the end of the first, although maybe I'm being too harsh. He admitted that adrenaline got the better of him, so it's not my place to start throwing insults around about him being a one-round wonder.

Plenty of room for improvement on both stamina and knowledge. Brock himself did it after his defeat to Mir. Every fighter has to learn from their mistakes. No exceptions.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It was a mixture. I couldn't believe how tired he looked at the end of the first, although maybe I'm being too harsh. He admitted that adrenaline got the better of him, so it's not my place to start throwing insults around about him being a one-round wonder.

Plenty of room for improvement on both stamina and knowledge. Brock himself did it after his defeat to Mir. Every fighter has to learn from their mistakes. No exceptions.

actually this is the first time he fought a second round... his stamina sucks, and that's strange since his camp (with rashad and gsp etc) works really hard on the conditioning...

OneUnited

Reaction score
actually this is the first time he fought a second round... his stamina sucks, and that's strange since his camp (with rashad and gsp etc) works really hard on the conditioning...

I know it was, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The occasion got the better of him. Like I've said, he'll have to learn. He's hardly a Kimbo.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I know it was, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. The occasion got the better of him. Like I've said, he'll have to learn. He's hardly a Kimbo.

No he's absolutely not a Kimbo, he was hyped before the fight and rightfully so.

Carwin will be back, he lacked some luck this time.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Wow do we actually have manly thread here?:D

Il be watching this tomorrow morning when there up on torrents.I dont think i will get it on tv :head:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wow do we actually have manly thread here?:D

Il be watching this tomorrow morning when there up on torrents.I dont think i will get it on tv :head:

yeah me too... the show starts 04:00 where I live, almost impossible to stay up since it's also 3 hours.

we need more ufc fans on this forum.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
yeah me too... the show starts 04:00 where I live, almost impossible to stay up since it's also 3 hours.

That we do .I hope Silva gets his annoying face smashed tonight.He has a really annoying douche bag expression on his face every time :D

Although if i would be to put money on this i would put it on the douche bag:head:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That we do .I hope Silva gets his annoying face smashed tonight.He has a really annoying douche bag expression on his face every time :D

Although if i would be to put money on this i would put it on the douche bag:head:

I knew you would say that Az... could have guessed you'd call him a douche bag :D and frankly, it's true, he have been acting like a douche lately.

Still, Sonnen is waaaaaaay wayyyy more of a cunt than silva. I really hope he will get his face smashed in tonight...

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
After all the Sonnen trash-talking, absolutely.

Though I don't think he has much of a chance. His wrestling is world class and he can take anyone to the floor, but that's about it. His gnp is nothing special, he can't pass guard and he's bad at defending submissions. A focused Anderson Silva gets him out of there fairly quickly.

I'm mostly looking forward to the other fights to be honest.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
yeah +1, there's a lot of great fights on the card...

about sonnen

I think he has improved his ground and pound, he can be dangerous on the ground if silva gets tired (I think silva got tired against maia, that's why he was acting like an idiot, he didn't want to engage). But Silva is definitely the better fighter and if he's in top condition he should take this easely...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Main card prediction:

Anderson Silva - Chael Sonnen
Knock out in the third round.

John Fitch - Thiago Alves
Fitch could grind himself to a victory as he always does and there's a risk Alves will battle against ring rust. But watch out for Alves, he can knock out anyone in the division.

Matt Hughes - Ricardo Almeida
Hughes is past it, Almeida will win on knock out.

Roy Nelson - Junior dos Santos
It would be awesome if Nelson pulled of a win, he's cool. But I think Dos Santos is just to damn good right know. Bad bad match up for Nelson.

Clay Guida - Rafael dos Anjos
Guida will get a decision win.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know that this UFC is kind of Brazil x USA but even if I were american, I would cheer for Silva.

I found Silva ridiculous when he fought with Maia but he said he regretted about it and Sonnen is doing way worse.

I hate this guys like Sonnen, Lesnar, Tito... why can't they just fight with their mouth shut. Without disrespecting their adversary.

I know that it helps giving more emotion to the fight but in the same time, it also helps myself to cheer against them.

I'm also looking forward to Cigano's (Junior dos Santos) fight. He's Minotauro pupil and seems to be as humble as his master.

UFC and rugby threads don't have much fans because ladies can't handle the smell. They rather smell Torres' ass.

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
When is the match due to start? GMT Time?

I really hope Anderson wins - I hate someone who likes to rant a lot...

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Main card prediction:

Anderson Silva - Chael Sonnen
Knock out in the third round.

John Fitch - Thiago Alves
Fitch could grind himself to a victory as he always does and there's a risk Alves will battle against ring rust. But watch out for Alves, he can knock out anyone in the division.

Matt Hughes - Ricardo Almeida
Hughes is past it, Almeida will win on knock out.

Roy Nelson - Junior dos Santos
It would be awesome if Nelson pulled of a win, he's cool. But I think Dos Santos is just to damn good right know. Bad bad match up for Nelson.

Clay Guida - Rafael dos Anjos
Guida will get a decision win.

I'm picking Alves and Dos Anjos, but those are really close fights, hard to predict. The rest I agree with.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fights

http://www.mmator.com/videos-serious-mma-f35/

some gifs

l_952b1c04aa8c422cb3ed83903b63633d.gif

2metxs3.jpg

15422514.gif

58426718.gif

2evew4x.jpg

AndersonSubmitsChaelSonnen.gif

30x8z1x.jpg

23w5x10.jpg

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fucking crazy fight. I was like "what the fuck is that? Sonnen paid to win?" Because Anderson was being took over by Sonnen's wrestling. I never seen it happen before.

But still Anderson was better fighting on foot and on the second round myself and I guess everyone in the world was like "now Anderson better knock him down after get wrestled or he'll definitely lose". Then he fell without barely being touched, like a shit bag and the fight looked like done to Anderson. Then suddenly Anderson choked Sonnen with that unexpected triangle and that worth the whole fight.

In the end Anderson explained that he brake his ribs during the trainning and it kinda makes sense. When you brake your ribs you can't even breath without hurting then Anderson should be doped by painkillers.

Great fight by Cigano too. It seemed like a good fight but Roy was fucking badass and if Cigano got one of that punshes, he would probably be knocked down.

It was amazing to see how Roy had moments of stun but 5 seconds after the punshes he was always back on the fight again. Weird!

I got impressed by Clay Guida. He jumped and acted like a mad man for 3 fucking rounds! And even after he wins the fight, he was still jumping and made the biggest speech ever in the UFC. I think that this guy doesn't need to breath.

Now I'm looking forward to Anderson Silva x Vitor Belfort and Cigano x Lesnar.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
One of the things that got me pissed off from Anderson is that he was leaving his hands down pretty much all the time. Why in the world would you keep ur face open to someone like Sonnen?

On foot he's probably the best - but on the ground he can beaten. That was clear from that match.

I've only seen Silva (before) from all the guys who fought yesterday - (he's the only name I've remembered. Sonnen from the highlights before the match looked badass - spoke a lot - and he actually did what he said he'll do. Respect for him.

I'm waiting to watch Lesnar - watched a few matches for him at UFC and he's a damn monster.

Anyone who watched UFC on regular terms - can he tell us when there are matches and such?

Axl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Anyone who watched UFC on regular terms - can he tell us when there are matches and such?

Nowadays, they have close to 20 events per year(if you include pay-per-views and UFC Fight Nights).

The UFC now is completely different to what it was when it first started. Basically Rorion Gracie brought Vale Tudo to the US, aiming to show what would work in an actual fight(and that Gracie Jiu Jitsu > rest). So the first UFCs were tournaments running over the course of one night, pitting martial art vs martial art(there were no well rounded fighters back then, or mixed martial artists as they would call them now).

His brother Royce(who wasn't even the family's best fighter, that was Rickson) dominated competition in the early UFCs by using what would now be considered as basic brazilian jiu-jitsu skills, as pretty much nobody had any idea what to do once the fight hit the floor. After that the popularity of BJJ exploded.

If you watch any of the early UFCs from 90s you will see that it was basically the Wild Wild West; bare-knuckled, sumo wrestlers fighting people half their size, a guy with ONE boxing glove, flying teeth, no rounds & time limits, etc.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Im watching this gala right now.The second fight just ended,man Hughes was awesome!!!

That right hook plus the chocking was awesome!First victory as a hallofamer !