Mario Balotelli Thread

Selling Balotelli

• Total voters

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Some people are using the racist card way too much. Balotelli's performances in overall were just weak to mediocre, simple as that. One game he did some great things, the next game he was a complete disaster, showing no joy in the game at all. Reminds me of Cassano, and that's what he will be at the end of his career.

He always looked so bored too, like he was going for a walk in the park.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
italians are also very racist people. Consciously or subconsciously.
I'm not sure if I agree with this. I haven't been to Italy but my (soon to be ex) wife has. She said that everyone was very nice to her. Of course everyone would be nice to a beautiful woman...I'm sure Fanny never had problems and :g: seems addicted to black poon so this isn't very scientific.

But then too it must be remembered that a nice Italian couple adopted Mario and he actually loves them more than his bio family....so it couldn't be all bad.

Then how do you explain that Angelo Ogbonna for example doesn´t have any problems with italian refs or fans? He´s black and italian just like Balo is.
He played 187 matches so far and got 29 yellow cards and two reds (1 straight red). I dare to say those stats are very good for a cb.
If you don´t like that take a look at Samuel Etoo or Seedorf himself. They never had any problems with refs.
Then again all those guys didn´t try to fuck with refs and didn´t play the victim all the time.
90% of Mario Balotelli´s problems come from Mario Balotelli.
What I HAVE noticed is that there's hardly any toleration for a flamboyant black player in Europe. They wink and tolerate the Rooneys the Terry's, Joey Barton's, Cassano's, iBras etc.....but the black players seem to get far more shit.

If you're black you have to be quiet, professional and STFU. That's just how I see it.

Immobile didn't score shit. Neither did Cassano. Actually Cassano couldn't even run well.......but Balo gets a yellow card for bitching in the Uruguay match and gets blamed for it. Buffon, DeRossi, totti, Cannavaro have all come out and publicly shat on Balo.

Here's what Balo has to do in every single match....score at least one goal...that's the minimum to keep the press off his back....meanwhile this is Rooney's THIRD World Cup...where he finally scored a goal....and you NEVER hear the press blaming him for England's exit.

i just see zero reason to bring up a 23/24 year old cheating on his gf. Zlatan had finnish orgies. Cancer? Yeah there's no relation.

The way italy is blaming him for NT is disgusting. The whole team was awful in WC. But lets blame the black kid.
:thumbsup:
you just compared him to cassano and there is none.

Cassano has gotten fat and out of shape many times in his career. Cursed out coaches etc.

And yes, I will continue to bring up RACE when 10 games a year in italy get shut down for racist chants. Lets continue to pretend it doesn't exist. It's incredibly relevant to Mario. I don't see how you can see situation regarding the national team and the world cup and not see racism all over it.

If ANYONE was childish at world cup it was Daniele De Rossi. Outright criticized mario publically for no reason when he played like utter crap himself. What a leader.

Let's not forget De Rossi's red card last time and general cuntish behaviour.
But that's professional :proud: Mario = baaaaad :mad:
What the fuck are you talking about?:lol:

The coach and FIGC president quit literally days after italy were knocked out. Italian fans were blaming prandelli for not bringing crippled rossi along among other things. Everyone was shitting on him italy had no character or balls or a game plan. Again the FIGC president quit after 7 years, not long after he was reelected again. Everyone mainly blamed prandelly and nobody else.

Nobody blamed balotelli lmao. Both de rossi and buffon made it clear their comments had nothing to do with a single person but more how the group worked or failed to work.

Italy is no more racist then spain. Problem with italy is the lack of laws or enforcement banning intolerance but then again italy is a mess as a whole these days. Racism is everywhere. Just look at the number of far right parties were elected in eurpean election this year.

Lol @ the lengths people will go to defend this unprofessional twat.
disagree.

You need to read what guys like Buffon, DeRossi, Cannavaro and the veiled comments Conte made about Balo.

PPL use the term "professional" conveniently

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
marchisio-sees-red.jpg

they never said

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm not sure if I agree with this. I haven't been to Italy but my (soon to be ex) wife has. She said that everyone was very nice to her. Of course everyone would be nice to a beautiful woman...I'm sure Fanny never had problems and :g: seems addicted to black poon so this isn't very scientific.

But then too it must be remembered that a nice Italian couple adopted Mario and he actually loves them more than his bio family....so it couldn't be all bad.

sorry i should have elaborated. That statement was a little too sweeping and generalizing.

Italy does have a racist problem, especially when it comes to football. Xenophobia and racism. It's too loud

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What I HAVE noticed is that there's hardly any toleration for a flamboyant black player in Europe. They wink and tolerate the Rooneys the Terry's, Joey Barton's, Cassano's, iBras etc.....but the black players seem to get far more shit.

If you're black you have to be quiet, professional and STFU. That's just how I see it.

Immobile didn't score shit. Neither did Cassano. Actually Cassano couldn't even run well.......but Balo gets a yellow card for bitching in the Uruguay match and gets blamed for it. Buffon, DeRossi, totti, Cannavaro have all come out and publicly shat on Balo.

This.

It's a slave-driven mentality. OH they are ok because they keep quiet.

And instead of having an open discussion, people want to pretend racism and prejudices do not exist. Instead of confronting them.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Then how do you explain that Angelo Ogbonna for example doesn´t have any problems with italian refs or fans? He´s black and italian just like Balo is.
He played 187 matches so far and got 29 yellow cards and two reds (1 straight red). I dare to say those stats are very good for a cb.
If you don´t like that take a look at Samuel Etoo or Seedorf himself. They never had any problems with refs.
Then again all those guys didn´t try to fuck with refs and didn´t play the victim all the time.
90% of Mario Balotelli´s problems come from Mario Balotelli.

Seedorf got his fair share of abuse not by refs but by Milan fans from 2007 onwards, almsot each time he was subbed out at the San Siro people won't tell you its because of this, but it is because Seedorf was a very vocal guy that threaten with leadership (so you know one time he and Carlo had a small spat "Seedorf is unprofessional, lazy ass", Sheva and Kaka had it too "Ohh its Carlo's fault").
Etoo has had his similar issues maybe not in Italy, but in Spain and in other places IIRC cause he's also vocal.

Ogbonna is silent, doesn't show off much, he has the attitude that makes people comfortable, because he doesn't seem like a black guy threatening...Boateng, Balotelli, even throw in Constant and Muntari like to show off their style, they have a more comfortative attitude, it sets all the alarms on for people. Meanwhile its ok when Shevchenko wore the Armani suit and model for Armani, same for Kaka, you know what we're ok with Mexes hair, Montolivo's blue eyes can make us believe that when he has a bad season it's not because he's lazy but because he had a bad season (even though 2012-2013 aside, he's mostly been irregular).

It's not an exclusive to Italy issue (and to make it clear, the only time I had a racial slur against me was in Spain after a lady realized my accent wasn't from there), but Italy is certainly not taking the meassures as a whole to drive racism away for real. And I'm cynical enough to believe it won't ever cease to exist, but you can see the difference between societies that instead of shutting their eyes and act like its something only exclusive to 70 year olds, are making an effort, and societies that just want to act like its just a bunch of individuals.

And yes, it is central to Balotelli. That doesn't take away that he had a poor WC and that he didn't fullfil our expectations when he came around (he wasn't, however, near as bad as people are trying to make him out to be, he was actually our top 3 player in the year and a half he was around), that also doesn't excuse some bad decisions he has made...but you can't act like race wasn't a huge part of the hole Balotelli drama.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Seedorf got his fair share of abuse not by refs but by Milan fans from 2007 onwards, almsot each time he was subbed out at the San Siro people won't tell you its because of this, but it is because Seedorf was a very vocal guy that threaten with leadership (so you know one time he and Carlo had a small spat "Seedorf is unprofessional, lazy ass", Sheva and Kaka had it too "Ohh its Carlo's fault").
Etoo has had his similar issues maybe not in Italy, but in Spain and in other places IIRC cause he's also vocal.

Ogbonna is silent, doesn't show off much, he has the attitude that makes people comfortable...Boateng, Balotelli, even throw in Constant and Muntari like to show off their style, they have a more comfortative attitude, it sets all the alarms on for people. Meanwhile its ok when Shevchenko wore the Armani suit and model for Armani, same for Kaka, you know what we're ok with Mexes hair, Montolivo's blue eyes can make us believe that when he has a bad season it's not because he's lazy but because he had a bad season (even though 2012-2013 aside, he's mostly been irregular).

Like I told u once b4: Special players r given more freedoms. Sheva, Kaka... they can be lazy for 90mins n still win you the game in the 1st second of extra time.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Like I told u once b4: Special players r given more freedoms. Sheva, Kaka... they can be lazy for 90mins n still win you the game in the 1st second of extra time.
Way to miss the point.

Though it helps illustrating it. Why do you not mention Seedorf as one of those special players? He did get more freedoms in dressing room, but anything that wasn't right, fans would go at him, would jeer him when subbed off, would jeer him when touching the ball, when he was doing exactly the same game as Kaka or Gattuso, or Pirlo, or Ambrossini...

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OMG I actually agree with Senatore and C4M :eek:

I also didn't get the extra shit tossed on Prince. I almost feel he was "too black" for some ppl. It's almost like they looked at his clothes and social life and immediately labelled him a post-prime Dinho (because, you know, all black ppl wearing urban clothing are the same). I didn't like him particularly because I didn't find him to be a particularly good player, especially at CAM.

But the guy was very hardworking and VISIBLY gave his all in matches and training. Yet he was still called "lazy" etc.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yah that bugged me too. If you didn't think he was a good enough player, that's fine. I disagree but that's fine, but constantly pining about how he thinks he's too cool and lazy and stuff which were all code words..meh

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
I don`t remember people calling Prince lazy, just laughing about the whole 10 - CAM bullshit he was so keen on.. Pato got a lot of stick from sm84 and c4m, maybe it has something to do with him being white? Nocerino was the laughing stock of the forum, again racism toward whites? Really dumb logic..

Last edited:

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Players who aren't black need more protection on this forum. Noce scored against Barca and is fodder; Muntari scores against Barca and he is a god despite the fact that both are fodder.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Players who aren't black need more protection on this forum. Noce scored against Barca and is fodder; Muntari scores against Barca and he is a god despite the fact that both are fodder.
Muntari is nothing special, but still a much better player than Nocerino..

And may I just add that I`m white (we should all mention this, especially when comparing players of different race, just so we can tell who is racist and who`s not)

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players

It's not about forum protection, it's about real life protection.

Constant-AC-Milan-Banana.jpg

------------------

Who was the guy again who said that Boateng and Nigel are lazy players? :lol:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players

And may I just add that I`m white (we should all mention this, especially when comparing players of different race, just so we can tell who is racist and who`s not)

:lol::lol::lol:

Meez

Fly on Maldini's wall
Reaction score
you just compared him to cassano and there is none.

Cassano has gotten fat and out of shape many times in his career. Cursed out coaches etc.

And yes, I will continue to bring up RACE when 10 games a year in italy get shut down for racist chants. Lets continue to pretend it doesn't exist. It's incredibly relevant to Mario. I don't see how you can see situation regarding the national team and the world cup and not see racism all over it.

If ANYONE was childish at world cup it was Daniele De Rossi. Outright criticized mario publically for no reason when he played like utter crap himself. What a leader.

I compared him to Cassano based on the way they act, their mentality. Read my post again.

Yes, you can bring up race all you want and that's part of the problem. Every time something happens to the "black man" it's always someone else's fault. Someone else is to blame. Let's play the blame game.

My point was, the problem WAS Balotelli. Yes, he's physically gifted. Yes, he could be one of the top players in the world, but he never ever will be. Not because of the white man or because of racism, but because of himself. PERIOD.

Why do you think he keeps getting sold from one team to the next for less and less money? I know what you're going to say, "Because he's a black man and all white man owners must be racist", but that's not true. He's a headcase. People are willing to take a risk on him because he's still so young, but do you really believe he's going to suddenly develop the mental fortitude of Maldini? LOL.

and for the record, I never said racism did not exist, all I said was that you cannot apply it to every single situation that involves a black man, and Balotelli is a man who causes his own problems. Only he can fix his own personal demons, not the white man.

Put the blame where the blame belongs in this case. That's why Balotelli keeps getting away with his childish actions because everyone poo poo's him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don`t remember people calling Prince lazy, just laughing about the whole 10 - CAM bullshit he was so keen on.. Pato got a lot of stick from sm84 and c4m, maybe it has something to do with him being white? Nocerino was the laughing stock of the forum, again racism toward whites? Really dumb logic..

Don't forget Bonera :D

--------

The only thing that should NEVER be tolerated is when some fans use racial insults when a player plays poorly.

Everything else Balotelli gets, he has it coming. Going into this WC, Balotelli was the "star player" (lol)... he failed miserably, of course fans will look at him as a scape goat. It's just normal.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Going into this WC, Balotelli was the "star player" (lol)... he failed miserably, of course fans will look at him as a scape goat. It's just normal.

From a fan base perspective, I can understand (Kinda, still don't understand why Marchisio got off without ANY stick despite the unnecessary and stupid game changing red card). He's supposed to be the big man, wasn't able to live up to it.

But when veterans like de Rossi (who played like crap himself) and Buffon and the coach jump on a (still relatively young, first wc) player like that on a crucial and vulnerable moment (just got knocked out, fans hundreds of km's away are looking for scapegoat, opinioning forming engaging), it's not correct. It's serious malfunctioning of group dynamics. Not normal.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Serious malfunctioning of group dynamics is normal (=can happen) france world cup 2010 among many examples.

Like I said, Balotelli was the star player. It's normal that he will be the one getting most shit. Who gives a fuck about Marchisio? If Balotelli flew under the radar, no one would give a damn about him either. Balotelli brings this upon himself... (I mean harsh criticism, not racism).

Edit

also, De Rossi and Buffon have performed for so long, it's understandable that they will be forgiven more easily.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I wasn't being entirely serious - Just exaggerating the idea that you have to (apparently) be careful when criticising black players.
It's not about forum protection, it's about real life protection.

The dead horse has had enough beating. We all understand that this is a problem, but accusing everyone who criticises a black player of closet racism is ridiculous.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Serious malfunctioning of group dynamics is normal (=can happen) france world cup 2010 among many examples.

Like I said, Balotelli was the star player. It's normal that he will be the one getting most shit. Who gives a fuck about Marchisio? If Balotelli flew under the radar, no one would give a damn about him either. Balotelli brings this upon himself... (I mean harsh criticism, not racism).

Edit

also, De Rossi and Buffon have performed for so long, it's understandable that they will be forgiven more easily.

I've said this too... Look at the amount of international advertising which revolved around Balotelli being the man to watch for Italy.

And about this 'criticism' he apparently received from the team, I think you're making plenty of assumptions, Rickaka.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Edit

Yep absolutely, the 'star man' will get the most credit when things go well & also take the biggest hit if they don't.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
This was a fair post Meez. I'm going to respond or expand on my points. Urge you to read it all

I compared him to Cassano based on the way they act, their mentality. Read my post again.

Yes, you can bring up race all you want and that's part of the problem. Every time something happens to the "black man" it's always someone else's fault. Someone else is to blame. Let's play the blame game.

So here's my thing. Everything w/ Balotelli in italy comes back to race. It's underlying issue. To deny it's presense is ignorant. It's like sweeping it under rug, if we pretend it doesn't exist it doesn't exist.

IMO the problem is Balotelli is black big strong and fast and doesn't play like it. And so people shower him w/ racism (In a sense, seedorf had the same issue, he played much more 'white' traditionally, slow technical passer than a physical player ala muntari).

Mario has always performed better in two striker systems playing off the main guy. The numbers back it. The results back it. Even in 2012/13, allegri used him on wings w/ Pazzo and that got great sults. It's simply how he plays.

But people see him and see drogba (inherant racism) and get pissed he plays like Cassano, who IMO is a player much closer in stylr.

Yes it's frustrating. Balo SHOULD be a #9 based on physical charactertistics + technique but he's simply NOT. He doesn't see the game that way. Football is about instincts at that level . His instincts aren't there to make runs. He wants to play w/ ball at his feet off the main guy.

So everything he's criticized for this stuff i fin it unfair in subconscious stereotyping. Maybe he 1 day becomes a CF, but i don't see it. He's just not that guy.

You're asking why this matters? It's because it drove his entire below value sale. He had a bad world cup. He was subject of all the italy criticism, and Berlusconi who only cares about 1 thing, popularity, had to sell him.

All the racial stereotyping of him being x,y,z did matter and ultimately cost milan business.

IMO he was horribly managed. It's plane as day if you wanna maximize him use him w/ a partner who fits.

Now if you don't wanna do that, by all means sell him and find players who fit. Honestly I don't think he hit pippo's vision. But the fact milan's basis for sale was the entire world cup smear campaign. Iunno, it pisses me off racial undertones around italy drove business.

My point was, the problem WAS Balotelli. Yes, he's physically gifted. Yes, he could be one of the top players in the world, but he never ever will be. Not because of the white man or because of racism, but because of himself. PERIOD.

Why do you think he keeps getting sold from one team to the next for less and less money? I know what you're going to say, "Because he's a black man and all white man owners must be racist", but that's not true. He's a headcase. People are willing to take a risk on him because he's still so young, but do you really believe he's going to suddenly develop the mental fortitude of Maldini? LOL.

and for the record, I never said racism did not exist, all I said was that you cannot apply it to every single situation that involves a black man, and Balotelli is a man who causes his own problems. Only he can fix his own personal demons, not the white man.

Put the blame where the blame belongs in this case. That's why Balotelli keeps getting away with his childish actions because everyone poo poo's him.

I think Mario is immature and italy is not the best place for him.

Both can be true. He can be both immature, and their can also be a lot of racism going on.

and to be honest, i don't mind him being sold. I dislike the conversation around it, or the dishonestly of the reasons. If it were up to me, I would have kept him and built a team differently and supported him. He's the type of guy who thrives under support

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

LOL

I'm just a man who's not blind to the ways of the world. Racism exists. Subtle subconcious racism exists. I'd rather acknowledge it, and spurn the convo than brush shit under the rug and act like it's not there. And that's basically what's going on in italy which is really disheartening.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wasn't being entirely serious - Just exaggerating the idea that you have to (apparently) be careful when criticising black players.

The dead horse has had enough beating. We all understand that this is a problem, but accusing everyone who criticises a black player of closet racism is ridiculous.

I don't agree. I'm black....and I have done nothing but shit on Constant, Muntari and I never cared much for Boateng.
There is criticism....and then there is hate. I read posts (you can search for them if you want) where ppl were calling Boateng and even all Ghanaian "lazy" etc.

All I ask is that the same rules apply to EVERYBODY. Part of the reason I hated P!rlo so much was because of all the shit that Seedorf got for doing the same thing he did....Seedorf got the boo's and P!rlo got the "grazie maestro :proud: "
Basically the same kind of player with subtle differences here and there. Actually Seedorf was more consistent with his freekicks and performances.

To ME, I think Cassano got off far easier for more shit than Balo and as such I cannot help but think that there must be a racial element that factors into this.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And that's why you need to be concious of it. Denying race is a factor is epitome of white priviledge.

Dru's points on ogbonna v. Balotelli is dead on. Heck pirlo v seedorf too and I love both but the double standard is there.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
[/B]

LOL

I'm just a man who's not blind to the ways of the world. Racism exists. Subtle subconcious racism exists. I'd rather acknowledge it, and spurn the convo than brush shit under the rug and act like it's not there. And that's basically what's going on in italy which is really disheartening.

To ME, I think Cassano got off far easier for more shit than Balo and as such I cannot help but think that there must be a racial element that factors into this.

Racism obviously exists, pretty much everywhere, but to blame it for Balo's shortcomings is nothing but giving him a free pass because he's black.

Problem with Balotelli is not his skin colour, but the fact he acts like he's Ibra but rarely delivers good perfromances.. People don`t like the kind of attitude he shows on the field, and when you couple it with attention he brings on himself acting like he's one of the best out there, he's bound to get a lot of shit from everyone.

Zlatan was in Milan not so long ago, do you remember how much shit he used to get on this forum even though he was carrying the team in so many games? He actually is one of the best in the world (unlike Balotelli who's nowehere near that status), but his attitude often made him a scapegoat when things didn't go our way..

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Racism obviously exists, pretty much everywhere, but to blame it for Balo's shortcomings is nothing but giving him a free pass because he's black.

Problem with Balotelli is not his skin colour, but the fact he acts like he's Ibra but rarely delivers good perfromances.. People don`t like the kind of attitude he shows on the field, and when you couple it with attention he brings on himself acting like he's one of the best out there, he's bound to get a lot of shit from everyone.

Zlatan was in Milan not so long ago, do you remember how much shit he used to get on this forum even though he was carrying the team in so many games? He actually is one of the best in the world (unlike Balotelli who's nowehere near that status), but his attitude often made him a scapegoat when things didn't go our way..

So Zlatan didn't act like he's the best one out there? It's been said many times but I'll repeat it. Balo at this age is basically who iBra was at 24. Both deal with their frustration poorly. IBra gets into fights all the time and Balo becomes a diving, sulky whiny cunt. The heavy goal hauls should start soon and then the comparison will be even more apt. There are differences, like IBra has more ball skills but Balo can be stronger and faster etc.

I think mrki posted about Capello demanding more goals from him at JuBe. I think Rodgers should be good for him

Schedule