Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Brock has better credentials for sure, but I don't see Brock being able to do what he did to Mark Hunt to Cormier. And as long as Cormier can keep it standing, I think he has better striking than Brock. "Black Fedor" was quite a force in the HW, so stylistically to me it favors Cormier a lot more than say Werdum.

I think DC would win by TKO, their wrestling will get negated.

then again...dc was taken down 3-4 times by jon jones, probably will get taken down again tomorrow :(

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Dont jinx sage. Pls. Cormier win

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Maia woodley? Maia is taller by like 4 inches for sure. Woodley however is far more muscular and probably is much bigger on fight night. Although maia used to be a middleweight so they are probably the same size on fight night. Woodley according to himself weighs 190-195 pounds on fight night. Maia is 187 on fight night.
What makes me respect wonderboy more is the fact that wonderboy only weighed in at 178 pouns to fight woodley. 17 pound difference. Thats huge.

KShibata

Banned
Reaction score
buakaw can win against anyone except me katsuyori shibata (yes sakuraba fucked me up one time but i was sick that night guys)

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Jon Jones loses by decision after point deductions from intentional eyepokes. Big John is reffing and isn't going to let that shit slide.

Maia wins via submission setting up a gsp vs maia titlefight with gsp winning setting up a McGregor vs GSP super fight.

Cyborg wins by sending evinger to the shadow realm, then gets disqualified for testosterone during the after fight drug test

Lawler wins via tko over cerone in a bloody war.

Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cormier by tko
woodley by ko
cyborg by decimation
lawler tko

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Jones by Japanese neck tie. Rest of the card is awesome but I don't care this time.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
J.Jones by submission

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
wow jones. damn feel bad for cormier.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
jones gonna finish lesnar in the first round

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I enjoyed woodley making a mockery out of maia, that was world class TD, felt more like a sparring session for woodley.

I feel bad for DC, but jones won me over with his post fight speech + to have 1 fight in 2.5 years and manage to perform like this was awesome.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why you guys feeling bad for Cormier. Dude made a million dollars to get his head knocked clean off.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
respect to jones. GReatest light heavy weight fighter ever but I have an inclination to believe that he has been and was on peds for majority of his career.DC conversely definitely appears to be natural and I feel terrible for him. In saying that, dc could either verse ozdemir/gus or go back to heavyweight and fight miocic or overeem.

I think the weight cut is rough on cormier's body and that played a part in the loss. In addition, daniel is old, he is 38. Its a pity that we could never see a prime DC verse jones though. Not saying the result would have been any different but a heavyweight bout between the two would make it more even imo.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
IMO DC should just go back to HW, there is no future for him at LHW

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
looking at LHW rankings...my god what a garbage division

jones has no fights apart from gustafsson and oezdemir, there is no one coming up :fp: :lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Both heavy divisions are garbage.

I'd like to see Jones vs Miocic in a sporting sense, and Jones vs Brock just for the show.

---

Damn DC got no chill at all crying like that. What an competitive mind! But Jones is simply the superior fighter and is a very bad match up for Cormier.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sage;2719652[B said:
]I enjoyed woodley making a mockery out of maia, that was world class TD, felt more like a sparring session for woodley.[/B]

I feel bad for DC, but jones won me over with his post fight speech + to have 1 fight in 2.5 years and manage to perform like this was awesome.

Woodley has made a mockery of no one but himself. Ok he needs to fight it smart, but that was a snooze fest. At least punish him when you defend the takedown.

His second stinker in a row. Guy is a complete fighter, but he takes no risks. He even lost the GSP fight with that performance.

We went from Ruthless to this shit.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't blame woodley at all. he fought a very smart fight, we've seen what happens to fighters when maia gets them on the ground.

0/23 TD attempts :lol: awesome

IMO it's more of maia's fault for being so gung ho on his 1 dimensional game plan that failed miserably.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Both heavy divisions are garbage.

I'd like to see Jones vs Miocic in a sporting sense, and Jones vs Brock just for the show.

---

Damn DC got no chill at all crying like that. What an competitive mind! But Jones is simply the superior fighter and is a very bad match up for Cormier.

at least there are legit threats and up and comers in HW division, LHW is lol worthy.

jones already beat gustaf, and oezdemir would be easy work.

maybe they'll try to get one of rockhold or weidman to move to LHW.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People always complaining and talking down on Woodley. The guy is a legit champ and knocked the hell out of Lawler. Fuck Dana White too for his comments. I hope The Chosen One holds the belt for a very long time. And with DC, he got exactly what he asked for. You wanted Jon Jones, you got him. No sympathy for him, all those hating ass comments on Jon's character. Now he has nothing he can say.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Thing with Woodley is that he talks so much about the fans not liking him, and then he goes and gives a performance like this. He could have been muuuuch more active and dangerous but he chose not to. Sure, a win is a win, but don't moan about getting booed.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
at least there are legit threats and up and comers in HW division, LHW is lol worthy.

jones already beat gustaf, and oezdemir would be easy work.

maybe they'll try to get one of rockhold or weidman to move to LHW.

I don't know man, these two top 10's look the same to me, with a slight edge to HW. These two divisions have had this problem for a long time. I really REALLY wish we'll se some great heavy fighters soon. Imagine all the fights we could've seen vs Jones if LHW had better fighters in it.

CHAMPION : STIPE MIOCIC
1 Alistair Overeem
2 Fabricio Werdum
3 Cain Velasquez
4 Junior Dos Santos
5 Francis Ngannou
6 Mark Hunt
7 Derrick Lewis
8 Alexander Volkov
9 Stefan Struve
10 Marcin Tybura

CHAMPION : Jon Jones
1 Daniel Cormier
2 Alexander Gustafsson
3 Jimi Manuwa
4 Glover Teixeira
5 Volkan Oezdemir
6 Mauricio Rua
7 Corey Anderson
7 Ovince Saint Preux
9 Misha Cirkunov
10 Ilir Latifi

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thing with Woodley is that he talks so much about the fans not liking him, and then he goes and gives a performance like this. He could have been muuuuch more active and dangerous but he chose not to. Sure, a win is a win, but don't moan about getting booed.

Yeah I don't think he should care, having the belt is more important. Best way to combat the haters is to keep defending. It takes two to go though, and no one is coming at Maia, who has had a boring fight both times he went for the belt. Woodley didn't let him do what he has done to so many, just like how he didn't let Stephen dominate. And at least he is out here defending his belt often, other champs either don't defend, skip contenders, or milk injuries. Or in one guys case all three lol.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
yeah props to him, he's a great fighter. but this wasn't a champions performance, neither was Anderson's vs Maia.

gonna be interesting to see him vs GSP.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Isn't GSP getting that MW title shot? If so the fight makes no sense but I would love to see Bisping get smothered by him for 5 rounds. I like Bisping but the guy is getting too many passes.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
woodley is a legit welterweight champ. Easily one of the greatest welterweights ever. Dont get the hate and I totally dont understand why people heralded GSP as a very entertaining fighter when he clearly won majority of his fights via decision. However, if woodley wins in a similar fashion he gets chastised for being so conservative. To beat the champ, you have to make him engage with you. Maia simply couldnt not take him down because woodley is a masterful defensive wrestler. Woodley distorted his face structure and yes i agree he could have gone for the knockout but he decided to play it safe. Even though i like woodley, i felt very bad for maia. I couldnt bear to witness his swollen face. he is such a nice guy. I wish him well. He is a true champion. It was sad to see maia lose.

The fighters i see troubling woodley are rory, douglas lima (50/50) , gastulem and perhaps lawler if he doesnt engage like a lunatic.