Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

superbaim

ICE MAN
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattuso
for me pato have very good shooting skill(i think all his shoot on target),speed,and body balance. and oot for gila ,imo he's a good player but not in carletto hand and tactic.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
drucurl said:
Here's why I don't like Gila (conversely it could be why I like Pato)

1) Dives all the time
2) I don't mind you boast to the press (that shows confidence) but at least make some sense:
Pato : "I'll score two vs Napoli" - That's great and excites the fans
Gila : "I'll score 35 goals in the next 100 matches" I may not be an expert at math but that's an average of 0.35 which is rather poor for an out-and out strikers. And judgoing from gila's reputation to score heaps in blowouts...it necessarily implies that he'll go missing in the big games.
3)Gila only shoots inside the box
4)Can't dribble for shit :o
5)One strategy : take the ball and continue running in that direction towards goal and shoot :head:
6) Confessed to wanting to go to Juve :eek:
7) (this made me dislike him the most) After missing a penalty he had no remorse and asid he'd do it again exactly the same way :rolleyes:
8) From the first game he ever played you could see that Sheva, Kaka and co didn't trust him with the ball. Kaka STILL hesitates to pass to him. For better or worse this hurts/limits our attack.
9)Can only play ONE position: out and out striker
10)Not a particularly fast, smart or strong guy :head:

That about sums it up... #8 always bothered me...

MilanDelaware

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Albertini, Gattuso
Pato's movement was explosive and exciting. I was on the edge of my seat when he had the ball at his feet. He took on defenders with ease. It was also nice to see Ronaldo drop back and distribute the ball. He could do this because Pato can play up to get the ball and attack the goal.

I know it is just one game....but what a world of difference Pato and Ronaldo make this team.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
MilanoMichael said:
Stop fucking comparing him to oli. If anything he was more like Gila last night. Missing two easy chances. Slipping and falling everywhere. Even his lone goal was a one on one with the goalie. And the idiot jumped over the ball! If he was a decent gk he would've done the normal thing and slid horizontally to try and stop the shot. Don't go peggging the kid as great yet.

You must be related to Gila!!! A cousin or distant relative of yours? ;)

Listen this kid had pressure thrown upon him by everyone...bar know one. (even himself)
No one put any pressure on Gila except Gila by time & time again not living up to even 60% of his potential. (notice I know he has the potential)

Pato is only 18 freakin years old, (to Gila's 25) he's been (arguably) the most hyped-up football player ever, & still managed to scored in his first game.

That is what you call performing under pressure!!!

Yes, he missed his sitters, (which was actually luck by the keeper) but more importantly IMO it shows the kid has the mental fortitude to forget/let go of the fact that he missed the sitter and bounce back, still have a really good game, and score a goal.

Gila could in NO WAY handle the pressure that Pato was under. (He's clearly proven that)

When Gila misses an easy opportunity, it's down hill from there. He'll probably miss two or three more. Conversely (and to be fair) when Gila does score early, he normally scores again or is very dangerous for the remainder of the game.

But, only looking at Pato's missed scoring opportunities and saying he played like Gila is underminding Pato's touches on the ball, his passing, his ability to dribble pass defenders/draw fouls, create space and scoring opportunities for the rest of his team through his movement.

Believe me if Gila did all that in a game and then scored on top of it...we'd forget his missed sitters.

Last Point...

Question: Do you think Gila would have scored from the exact pass that Pato was given that lead to his goal?

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
J.Rome said:
Question: Do you think Gila would have scored from the exact pass that Pato was given that lead to his goal?

Im pretty sure that he would have taken a dive as soon as the defender got near him...

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
J.Rome said:
Of course.......gila isn't as fast as Pato so by the time he got to the ball it would have been in the box > the slightest contact from the defender would have resulted in him going down> ref blows for penalty> goal scored :o

Last edited by a moderator:

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I remember oliveiras first game, he played very good and the newspappers wrote this and that, and he turned out to be nothing, I just hope it won't happend again

crazymilangirl
awesome sig :D , didn't I know that afghanians were shi'a, thought that they were sunni :conf:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
drucurl said:
Of course.......gila isn't as fast as Pato so by the time he got to the ball it would have been in the box > the slightest contact from the defender would have resulted in him going down> ref blows for penalty> goal scored :o

^^ or the more realistic option : gilla gets a yellow:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Az. said:
^^ or the more realistic option : gilla gets a yellow:)

Yep.. He would have most likely gone down before the defender made any actual contact and earned himself a yellow.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
drucurl said:
Here's why I don't like Gila (conversely it could be why I like Pato)

1) Dives all the time
2) I don't mind you boast to the press (that shows confidence) but at least make some sense:
Pato : "I'll score two vs Napoli" - That's great and excites the fans
Gila : "I'll score 35 goals in the next 100 matches" I may not be an expert at math but that's an average of 0.35 which is rather poor for an out-and out strikers. And judgoing from gila's reputation to score heaps in blowouts...it necessarily implies that he'll go missing in the big games.
3)Gila only shoots inside the box
4)Can't dribble for shit :o
5)One strategy : take the ball and continue running in that direction towards goal and shoot :head:
6) Confessed to wanting to go to Juve :eek:
7) (this made me dislike him the most) After missing a penalty he had no remorse and asid he'd do it again exactly the same way :rolleyes:
8) From the first game he ever played you could see that Sheva, Kaka and co didn't trust him with the ball. Kaka STILL hesitates to pass to him. For better or worse this hurts/limits our attack.
9)Can only play ONE position: out and out striker
10)Not a particularly fast, smart or strong guy :head:

About half of these points are ridiculous, What do you want an out an out striker to be a defender ? Also about half of these points could be said about Gila's superior, Pippo. Nonsense to be honest. :head:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
You people are missing the point. Forget it.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Quinni 17 said:
About half of these points are ridiculous, What do you want an out an out striker to be a defender ? Also about half of these points could be said about Gila's superior, Pippo. Nonsense to be honest. :head:
When did I say anything about defense :conf:
Pippo has a vastly superior footballing brain and intelligence generally than Gila. Pippo is the MASTER of positional awareness :o

I have no problem with you calling my post nonesense but your failure to defend your opinion has you looking like the dumb one :head:

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:
When did I say anything about defense :conf:
Pippo has a vastly superior footballing brain and intelligence generally than Gila. Pippo is the MASTER of positional awareness :o

I have no problem with you calling my post nonesense but your failure to defend your opinion has you looking like the dumb one :head:

Pippo and Gila are similar to be perfectly honest they are a box striker, what else do you want them to do, other than what they know ? The weaknesses you picked up on Gila can be related to Pippo as well. :rolleyes:
:head:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Ppl just cant admit that our Italian duo is shit.
Never liked Pippo & I gave Gila 2 many chances 2 b different than Pippo & he turned out 2 b worse.
Pato did miss sitters but I dont think any of us would v cared coz he was involved in the build up more than Pippo + Gila combined.
Pippo or Gila would v dived + earned a yellow if they were instead of Pato.
I wouldn’t v cared if he didn’t score.

On the other hand its still early 2 give him credit more than Gila & its insane 2 rate him more than Pippo who scored many goals 4 us.
Pato need 2 give much more than 1 game b4 we rate him better than our 2 shity Italians (seriously)

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
Ppl just cant admit that our Italian duo is shit.
Never liked Pippo & I gave Gila 2 many chances 2 b different than Pippo & he turned out 2 b worse.
Pato did miss sitters but I dont think any of us would v cared coz he was involved in the build up more than Pippo + Gila combined.
Pippo or Gila would v dived + earned a yellow if they were instead of Pato.
I wouldn’t v cared if he didn’t score.

On the other hand its still early 2 give him credit more than Gila & its insane 2 rate him more than Pippo who scored many goals 4 us.
Pato need 2 give much more than 1 game b4 we rate him better than our 2 shity Italians (seriously)

I gotta agree dude, Hopefully Pato wont be another player that is over hyped. I dont think he will be. Pato and Ronie are my first choice partnership for sure.

prokeneda

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Pirlo, Torres, Riquelme
Quinni 17 said:
Pippo and Gila are similar to be perfectly honest they are a box striker, what else do you want them to do, other than what they know ? The weaknesses you picked up on Gila can be related to Pippo as well. :rolleyes:
:head:

Pippo and Gila are the same?

Pippo is the top European cup Goalscorer ever...............Gila scored his first goal in european cup after 1000 matches :D

Pippo is to be compared to Trezeguet, incredible scorer very intelligent inside the box, Gila is an average sticker who can score time to time.

Don't forget that Pippo is old and is doing well considering his age and injuries, he still managed to give us all a Champions League last year but memory is not well spread over here........

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
LOL Inzaghi is shit?
He is one of the greatest stikers in football history and definately the best box predator of his time. Amazes me the type of shit people conjure up.

Inzaghi and Gilardino are finishers they don't build up or create. Gilardino helps out the midield as he is more of a target man who holds up the ball though if you want these two players to shine you need a good support striker or play with wingers, aka good service.

Last edited:

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
You people are missing the point. Forget it.

Please, by all means show me the light?

What point am I/are we missing.

I wouldn't go so far to say that our Italian duo are ISH...but they're close to it.

Pato (beside Ronaldo) should be the first choice striker for every important game.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
J.Rome said:
Please, by all means show me the light?
I'm not comparing Gilardino and Pato as players I'm saying if Gilardino happened to do all those things in the match against Napoli which Pato did, at this point in time of his career, people wouldn't be satisfied or praised him to the extent they did of Pato.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta
San Paolo said:
if Gilardino happened to do all those things in the match against Napoli which Pato did, at this point in time of his career, people wouldn't be satisfied or praised him to the extent they did of Pato.
Well that's because it would have been his first decent performance after about a billion crappy ones...

Whereas Pato was able to shine, the way he did, on his debut...WITH all that ridiculous pressure on his shoulders...

Also after the Manure game, although Gila only scored a goal and not much else, ppl here were praising him and his average rating was a 7...so I don't see where the problem is...

If he performs well, he'll be rated well...simple as that...

Compared to his Parma days, he plays like absolute Garbage now...

Last edited:

nicholasbellono

Beginner
Reaction score
San Palo- they shouldn't. That was patos first game ever and he looked a hell of a lot better than a more experienced and older gila

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Casting aside whether it was his first game or his last game. All I am talking about is the performance.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
shaj said:
If he performs well, he'll be rated well...simple as that...
Yeah mate it should be that way but don't spin shit cos we both know that aint the case around here.

Last edited:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pippo and Gila are similar players (i.e., poachers) but the fact remains that Pippo puts the ball in the back of the net especially in BIG games which is something that Gila fails to do over and over again...

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta
San Paolo said:
Yeah mate it should be that way but don't spin shit cos we both know that aint the case around here.
Really?

Why not look up reviews of some of those games...not that there r many of em course...

You can start with the Manure return leg...

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
Just watched the Highlight (again), there was one scene where pato felt down in the penalty box but then he tried hard not letting the ball runs off his feet. That's exactly the opposite of Gila who often tries to control the ball but prefers to go down without any contact. :tongue:

I'm so excited that we got him. The feeling of watching him was like that feeling when i woke up in early morning to see #7 (you know who :D ) plays. Can't wait for sunday!

Gattuso #8

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
PRIYO said:
Just watched the Highlight (again), there was one scene where pato felt down in the penalty box but then he tried hard not letting the ball runs off his feet. That's exactly the opposite of Gila who often tries to control the ball but prefers to go down without any contact. :tongue:
I noticed that too last sunday :D ,it reminds me of Drogba during WC 06 :tongue:

Gila's diving skills are really embarissing :head:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
diavolessa88 said:
he's doing his best...to go down without contact. but he is always trying to improve himself and i hope that he will succeed in that.....one day :head:

Are you saying that you want him to get better at taking dives?

Schedule