The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Community > Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support

Rules, Announcements, Feedback & Support Announcements released by administrators, feedback plus solving any problems you have regarding the proper functioning of these forums or the main site.

View Poll Results: Who's Mr. D? Which theory do we believe in?
Mr. D is Mr. D and this is his first account Theory 4 15.38%
#CongoPubers Theory 7 26.92%
#TwoPubesTheory 4 15.38%
#MultiplePersonalityGenny Theory 2 7.69%
Pubes = Pharaoh = Mr. D = Yoda and no more personalities 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-11-2010, 00:51   #5961
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthClaw View Post
That's a good idea in theory. The problem is that comments that get "props" aren't necessarily comments that are good. They are comments that are popular. It also encourages members to start competing against each other.
Well ultimately, the majority vote should prevail, which would give a far more objective picture. And whats wrong with competition if it boosts quality?

Still haven't heard the mods/admins on their stance about this.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 02:13   #5962
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

sorry, double post

Last edited by SouthClaw; 23-11-2010 at 03:02.
SouthClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 02:19   #5963
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
Well ultimately, the majority vote should prevail, which would give a far more objective picture. And whats wrong with competition if it boosts quality?

Still haven't heard the mods/admins on their stance about this.
Competition does not necessarily boost quality. In this instance, I'd venture to guess that it would decrease quality if people are aiming for reputation points. Gaizka has amazing posts that take a lot of time an effort to write. I'd be bullshit if those have the same value as some "zinger" reply that is picking on an unpopular member. And say two members get into an argument, you better believe that people are petty enough to go and downvote every other comment the other person has made.

The "majority should prevail" mentality is very dangerous. Often times, the popular answer isn't the right answer.
Old 23-11-2010, 03:06   #5964
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini - Nesta - Gattuso

I have to side with SouthClaw on this. It'll be to much of a popularity competition...

What's wrong with the way things are now?

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 03:32   #5965
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Most of the people have a hard on for change. :P

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 04:59   #5966
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Quote:
Competition does not necessarily boost quality. In this instance, I'd venture to guess that it would decrease quality if people are aiming for reputation points. Gaizka has amazing posts that take a lot of time an effort to write. I'd be bullshit if those have the same value as some "zinger" reply that is picking on an unpopular member. And say two members get into an argument, you better believe that people are petty enough to go and downvote every other comment the other person has made.

The "majority should prevail" mentality is very dangerous. Often times, the popular answer isn't the right answer.
Not tryin to suck your dick or anything but there's a lot of wisdom and maturity in your posts (no homo). There are very popular schools of thought that are absolutely idiotic and do nothing but engender mob mentality against those who seem to disagree. Excellent post claw you're becoming one of my favourite posters....but get back the Ryu avatar though.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 05:48   #5967
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Not tryin to suck your dick or anything but there's a lot of wisdom and maturity in your posts (no homo). There are very popular schools of thought that are absolutely idiotic and do nothing but engender mob mentality against those who seem to disagree. Excellent post claw you're becoming one of my favourite posters....but get back the Ryu avatar though.
Gotta find the picture and fix it up again. I do kinda miss it.
Old 23-11-2010, 07:44   #5968
neutral
AC Milan Legend

The whole voting thing is silly, all the groups that are together/friends will just vote each others posts up giving a skew picture of everything. Not to mention the competition it would create, which has been pointed out by other members. Its working the way it is, the good posters stay and the bad posters get bans.

Signature
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 10:41   #5969
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
shes a butterface anyway. Don't bother with FACEbook

yo're better off finding her on 8th street :P

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 11:19   #5970
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva

Quote:
Gotta find the picture and fix it up again. I do kinda miss it.
That's more like it

But just so we're clear....Battousai>>>Ryu+Akuma+ Ken
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 16:44   #5971
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
2 months?!

I don't really care about giving out reputation points, I'm not a fan of it. I've been in forums that have them + have the post count thingy available and there's quality and pathetic posts, just like there's quality and pathetic posts in here without both. I don't particularly think it helps or has a negative impact on anything.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 17:37   #5972
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Ew I gotta agree. Rep points HERE would be worthless

If you want to increase quality of posting you need SERIOUS MODERATION. I'm on other forums/blogs/sites where they have it. It's only way to insure quality. I mean I got banned from one for using the world 'fuck' and having a grammatical error. Seen other people banned for having stupid opinions "OMGZ he SUCKS!" (without any point behind it).

Rec points would accomplish nothing. Especially here when half the people don't read comments, just say +21894389 if it's a person they like.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 17:39   #5973
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

I AM BACK.

Now to sum up some points i have wanted to say recently while reading the forum by the magic of deleting temporary internet files and cookies, which logs you out. Clever me.

@Wet Ones.

Flamini has done well. I was never a hater, i was just simply being objective. Flamini didn't play well uptil recently and a few times before this, and by a few i mean 2; One with Leo mid-last-year and another when playing RB with Carlo. I'm not a hater, i was just not blindly kissing his ass. Plus. Saying that "Oh Flamini can get it back. PLAY HIM ALLEGRI" and then discrediting everyone who says Dinho should be given a fair chance is the epitome of being hypocritical.

@Paladin.

You are the biggest waste of space i've ever seen on the forum: Incomprehensible posts; Biased posting; Wishing for Elmander to join simply for you both being Swedish. It's hilariously bad. You're not a bad person, probably. Yet you waste so much space and time when i could be reading something good. It's just "Urrghh Slowdorf" and "Elmander Swedish golden ball no?"

@Drucurl.

You can't really say that people shouldn't share things on a public forum when you openly asked people whether you should go to a brothel and that you use a penis extender.

@Capitao.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

@Necromancer.

I am gay but you'll never know me and so it doesn't matter to you. It's not a problem with you doubting me. I just don't see the problem with discussing things in my life. I share things with others on here. Other people don't.

@Wild.

I did not mock casualties of war. I referenced Bombs, these being Missiles. Some people seem to think i meant Suicide bombs. I did not. I simply referenced Missiles. Don't act like you've been wronged. Everyone's construing it wrongly. I overreacted but you're not exactly free of blame. You have no idea what i go through and to think that you do is just ridiculous. We were having a debate about Ibra's fighting style and Onyewu's and you just insulted me about something which is obviously a sore subject. Saying that it shouldn't insult me is just stupid as different things insult different people.

Plus, the fact that you openly started being derogatory towards Jews shows just how ******ed you are. You call me an 'Asian Hater' and then you go and insult Jewish people. I argue with Ashish due to him hating England - Fair enough. I remember calling Ashish an Illiterate Indian and everyone was up in arms due to me using Indian as a derogatory term. Now he does the same with Jews and yet nothing is said; Is it because he "Made this forum, son"?

Not saying that things are biased around here. But just that nothing was raised against him; when i'm crucified at every turn when i even utter a word which can be construed as racism or whatever crap you pull.

Now Forza Milan and hopefully we'll win against Auxerre tonight. Plus Rep points or whatever will just be stupid. Not meaning to be offensive but we all know Congo will get 546958674536 for simply saying Borri has swag.

Last edited by KujaIX; 23-11-2010 at 20:25.
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 17:40   #5974
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Quote:

If you want to increase quality of posting you need SERIOUS MODERATION. I'm on other forums/blogs/sites where they have it. It's only way to insure quality. I mean I got banned from one for using the world 'fuck' and having a grammatical error. Seen other people banned for having stupid opinions "OMGZ he SUCKS!" (without any point behind it).

Rec points would accomplish nothing. Especially here when half the people don't read comments, just say +21894389 if it's a person they like.
+21894389

(Sorry but it just had to be done) N/H

acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 17:42   #5975
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Welcome back Kuja
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 17:49   #5976
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Kuj coming back with some confidence and swagger.

Someone got laid during there banning

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Old 23-11-2010, 18:05   #5977
Madridista
not exactly a lightweight

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco, Jese

Quote:

It would eliminate people actually posting +21894389 instead they just rate the comment and let the discussion continue.

And if congo gets +823497523 for saying Borri has swag, is that a bad thing? if people like it, whats wrong with it? Whatever it was just a suggestion to maybe stir something interesting, but if everything is perfect fine. As I said to southclaw in pm, personally I'd like to have that option when I see a gaizka post for example.

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 18:10   #5978
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

why is not kuja banned back for 1 more month? so that flamini can win ballondor

Quote:
It would eliminate people actually posting +21894389 instead they just rate the comment and let the discussion continue.

And if congo gets +823497523 for saying Borri has swag, is that a bad thing? if people like it, whats wrong with it? Whatever it was just a suggestion to maybe stir something interesting, but if everything is perfect fine. As I said to southclaw in pm, personally I'd like to have that option when I see a gaizka post for example.
+823497523.33245

kuja its sweet that you got banned for abusing people who died in war, seriously there are so many ways to get the hammer but you found a new one

And nobody banned you when you abused my proud country and my heritage instead they send me for a vacation so shut up

Last edited by Ashish; 23-11-2010 at 18:24.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 18:23   #5979
Senatore_M84
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

I suppose it's what you hope to gain out of it. I have no real problem with a rec system.

I just don't think it'll make any difference on quality of posts. Only moderation can really do that. Mainly by being stickers to staying on topic and grammar/language etc. Personally I'd be fine with that happening, but I know it won't.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 23-11-2010, 19:43   #5980
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:

OR it would just turn into another way for drucurl and Ashish to give each other troll high fives. Probably not a bad idea actually.

Edit: Welcome back, Kuja
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote