In Milan,Who is the Best player this Season?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rygaar said:
II don't think Kaka has been disappointing at all. I think the bar has just been raised so much after the way he stunned the world last year, but he is still performing well notwithstanding some errors here and there.
This is simply NOT true. It's not even a question of opinion. A lot of times he was embarrassing + only very recently he has started to improve. I think he was rated 5 throughout the season with very few exceptions + papers always have been patient + lenient with him.

Rygaar said:
Unlike most of you it seems, I think Tomasson provides plenty of quality for a striker of last resort. We'd be lucky to find a better striker who is as loyal to Milan even though he gets so few chances to play in big games. Anyway, I'd rather have him than Borrielo.
Borriello has never had a chance. And now it seems shoving him around on loan to small sides has demotivated him completely.. Compared to last season JDT has been a huge letdown, he hasn't done anything, except for staying 'loyal'. With the paycheck + perks that's an easy thing to do I'd guess.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Kaka is definitly improving .. the most important is that he improves in last part of season when we need him ... he is already a derby killer for Inter.. scored 3 on 4 matches.. I am sure he will do it again .. the beauty goal vs Peru confirmed once again that he is there for scoring...

Boriello.. yeahhh he was damn good vs Juventus.. maybe we should take him back ..

NANMAN30

Primavera
Reaction score
Pirlo

I think Pirlo is coming into his own this year and I think this can also be seen in his play for Italy. In the games without him we struggled a little bit and that just goes to show how good and important player he is to the team

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
may be Pirlo,Sheva and Maldini!! i don't know The whole team!!

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Hi Guys, how about if We changed Kaka to DIDA. Because kaka didn’t play well for this seasons.

What do you thing?> Pirlo, Sheva and DIDA have had excellent seasons.

No one can changed Pirlo and Sheva.

FORZA MILAN

AcMilancn.com_2005-4-6_2.jpg

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Dida
If i could only choose one player, it would have to be Dida. He has been easily the most consistent player on the team, and his handling of set pieces has been masterful this season.

Also, Kaladze gets an honorable mention for his (limited) appearances this year.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, R.Baggio, Zizou
i would chose Pirlo. At the moment, he's is indispensible for Milan. we have back up players for almost any position, but Pirlo. uhm, and seedorf's been in really good form this season. Personally i don't like seedorf's way of playing, he tends to hold up ball too long. He has chemistry with Pirlo and Gattuso though, 3 of them could well be the best midfielder in serie A.

S

superman_1899

There are only 2 (two) players that deserve this award… and it have to go to Paolo Maldini and Gattuso!!!

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
Milan's bestplayer this season

:D Its very simple:)
:star: #1 Andriy Shevchenko:proud:
:star: #2 Paolo Maldini;)
:star: #3 Seedorf:)
:star: #4 Hernan Crespo:rolleyes:
:star: #5 J D Tomasson:cool:
:head: Dida & Pirlo were excellent most of the season,:mad: but they made deadly mistakes when it mattered which cost them the Champions League & Serie A tittle:mad:
:star: Pirlo's last minute miss vs Juve in the first round match:mad:
:star: Dida should have saved the 1st & the 2nd goals in the final of C L:mad:

:tongue: Kaka was disappointing,
:star: Had Tomasson played regularly like Kaka,he would have certainly scored more goals.:cool:
:rolleyes: Milan is very lucky that it has the best sub player in the world in the form of John Dahl Tomasson.:star:
:star: JDT would certainly be a regular player in the teams like Roma,Inter,Juve ,Man U,Arsenal ,Valencia,Porto,Liverpool etc:star:

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
its Dida then pirlo.
i like pirlo. he is like a defensive playmaker. a starter 4 most of milan's chances.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
mzk57 said:
:star: JDT would certainly be a regular player in the teams like Roma,Inter,Juve ,Man U,Arsenal

Lets not lie.

Anywhoo, on to the thread:

(Not in any order)

1) Dida
2) Maldini
3) Cafu (u ppl may disagree but at the age that he is now, he still runs up n down that right flank like sum teenager... that deserves respect in my books).
4) Sheva

5) Inzaghi (Lol, I dont mean this... I just included him 4 kicks)

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Best players: Sheva and Dida. Yes, they made mistakes in the CL final (especially Dida) but without them we probably would not have gone so far.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
mzk57 said:
:D Its very simple:)

:star: #2 Paolo Maldini;)
:star: #3 Seedorf:)

:star: #5 J D Tomasson:cool:
Maldini, Seedorf, JDT played really poor, but you're entitled to your opinion, be it as far from the truth that it is.
I didn't like the way Maldini played on the left.
Seedorf was shite all season, except for maybe 2-3 matches.
JDT missed a lot, he wasn't the player from last season.

mzk57 said:
:head: Dida & Pirlo were excellent most of the season,:mad: but they made deadly mistakes when it mattered which cost them the Champions League & Serie A tittle:mad:
:star: Pirlo's last minute miss vs Juve in the first round match:mad:
:star: Dida should have saved the 1st & the 2nd goals in the final of C L:mad:
:o Tottaly untrue. How the hell could Dida save those goals, especially the first one? No keeper in the world could do that.
Come on, what do you expect of Pirlo? That wasn't even a good chance.:head:

mzk57 said:
:star: Had Tomasson played regularly like Kaka,he would have certainly scored more goals.:cool:
:rolleyes: Milan is very lucky that it has the best sub player in the world in the form of John Dahl Tomasson.:star:
:star: JDT would certainly be a regular player in the teams like Roma,Inter,Juve ,Man U,Arsenal ,Valencia,Porto,Liverpool etc:star:
What's Tomasson gotta do with Kaka?:conf: They don't play in the same position. And I don't think he would start as a regular even in Merda's team. Even Porto have better attackers than JDT.
Do you know what he's worth? Maybe 3 million euro at best.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
<quote>
Come on, what do you expect of Pirlo? That wasn't even a good chance.</quote>
You are right it wasn't a good chance, it was 110% chance and he missed it. On the other hand you can't destroy somebody's otherwise great season with one miss. Same goes to Dida btw. If not for him Milan were fighting with Inter, Udinese and Samp for 2 place and down.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
I agree with Dida having had a great season and keeping Milan level in a lot of games when they should have been behind, most notably the first leg derby with Inter when Mijhalovic was blasting thunderous free-kicks at him.

I can't help but feel, though, that Dida could, at the very least, have attempted to make a save from Gerrard's header in the final. He didn't even raise his hands as he watched the ball float over him and as for Smicer's effort, well, Dida actually helped his shot into the goal.

But again, the big Brazilian had a great season and I wouldn't swap him with any other 'keeper. But the truth is, on another night, Dida may well have palmed Gerrard's header over the bar and palmed Smicer's effort past the post.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
cagney said:
...I can't help but feel, though, that Dida could, at the very least, have attempted to make a save from Gerrard's header in the final. He didn't even raise his hands as he watched the ball float over him and as for Smicer's effort, well, Dida actually helped his shot into the goal.
The first goal came out of nowhere and maybe Dida didn't see it, or did not have enough time to react. It would have been hard to save even if he had tried.
At any rate, it's the 2nd and 3rd goals that he should've saved since he got a touch on both of them. :head: There were 4 or 5 Milan players in and around the penalty box for Smicer's goal and not one of them tried to challenge him.

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think any players who haven't played are the best players. ha ha
Seriously i think each and everyone of them have given their best (that's what i like to believe ), and they each have their ups and downs.
I would choose pirlo, but don't want to get bombarded and don't want pirlo to get bombarded ... so just forget it.
Forlan was a big flop for man u but look what he did for villarreal now. Maybe jdt is like forlan, maybe we should just give him another go at it.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Yes, Dida had a great season but at the end of the season he didn't play that well anymore. I just think he could do more (e.g. Smicer's goal)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LOL, MZK57 clearly hasn't seen any matches...

---

I really find it hard to pick s.o. Too many players went through rather bad periods or spent the whole season seeking their form (Gattuso, Pirlo + Seedorf undoubtedly taking the cake)

Until April I would have said Dida but he became shaky when it counted...

Cafu was probably our most consistent player.

Maldini made too many mistakes IMO + his age really starts to show. Sheva failed when it counted + has generally been a lil too unimpressive after his injury.

I guess if we had had a bunch of players deserving of top ratings we would have won the scudetto + the CL. We didn't win anything. And not because luck left us....... ;)

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
milan*7 said:
At any rate, it's the 2nd and 3rd goals that he should've saved since he got a touch on both of them. :head: There were 4 or 5 Milan players in and around the penalty box for Smicer's goal and not one of them tried to challenge him.
Ah, come on..he did save the penalty. I don't think he had the possibility to get up and get to the ball faster than Hamman. And just think about how the ball was delivered the second time in the net. It went trough where spiders f***!

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
ics_rk said:
Yes, Dida had a great season but at the end of the season he didn't play that well anymore. I just think he could do more (e.g. Smicer's goal)

+ 3 Gools ( Argentin 3 Vs 1 Brazil )

Let's hope next season will be good!

Forza Milan

Schedule