The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Anti Italian bias is as old as jealousy

Italy is just built different... that's why we win WCs with Zaccardos

Don't deceive yourself. The 2006 winning team had very good players with vast experience in their prime. The team that was later humiliated at the Euros by Spain was a bunch of Zaccardos.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i would like an italian like this one please

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
😆😆 UEFA really do like England a lot.

That's where all the football money. If that money tomorrow goes to Malta, UEFA will make a new best friend.

I've been away, what's the state of affairs other than us disappointing vs Sassolu?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Don't deceive yourself. The 2006 winning team had very good players with vast experience in their prime. The team that was later humiliated at the Euros by Spain was a bunch of Zaccardos.

Don?t forget Zaccardo only arrived at Milan at 30+.

We don?t know if he was the same turtle when he was called in NT.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
There has only ever been one Cassano....and ofc he's Italian

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Me too, they?ve gone extinct.

no...there is at least one guy, somewhere in italia right now. the problem is like always will the universe allow him to fulfill his destiny

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
no...there is at least one guy, somewhere in italia right now. the problem is like always will the universe allow him to fulfill his destiny

say no more

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
One of Maldini?s big mistakes in January was not getting the other Nigerian/English player at Chelsea when he got Tomori on loan. Tammy Abraham is the type of player that I think would be good in Serie A. If we had gotten both Tammy and Tomori in a package deal we would have a few more goals and a few more points. Might have even had a push for the title.

Maldini should have gone back for Tammy once Lampard was fired. I have no doubt if he came here we would be higher up in the table

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
it's not about the size, it's about sending the message

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
thank you for changing the size

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
"We"? Naturally a phoenician identifies himself as an Italian at the first opportunity
I was fixing what you said.

Italy is a joke.

National team not italy in general.

5441e5147903f9ae31187513eb69ed8e.jpg

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Kessie: "I'm the president. Future? Champions first".
Kessie's full interview with Sportweek "If it makes me strange to be called President? I like it. It's a nickname given to joke, but as long as they tell me and in the meantime we work hard, that's fine. Who was the first to call me that? It happened that one day, in Milanello, I park the car in the place reserved for Gazidis. One of the security, one we call Rambo, says to me: "Franck, why did you put your car there"? And I: "Leave it, from today I'm the new head of Milan. "And Ugo Allevi from the press office, who had witnessed the scene, said:" Because he's the president! "

But then you never did it again ...

"No, no, otherwise I'll get a fine" (laughs).

Kessie, does Mr. Pioli also call you President?

"When we win, yes".

And Ibra?

"He too, it depends. If we are in joy (textual), yes".

But who is more important, God or President Kessie?

"Do you know that? (Laughs)".

Paolo Maldini said that Kessie has become guide and leader, on and off the pitch: what is your way of being one?

"If I have something to say to a teammate, I don't do it in front of everyone because I don't know how he can react. I take him aside and explain to him. In the game it's more difficult, so it can happen that he screams. I say: "Come on, let's run, we have to win!".

By the way: what is the secret of the midfield duo that you make up with Bennacer and that works so well?

"We both speak French. It also happens with the others that I express myself in the same language; only afterwards it occurs to me that they do not understand me. Then I try to find the corresponding word in Italian, but now the opponent is gone ...".

Group discussion in the locker room: who has the last word between you and Ibra?

"Especially the older ones, Ibra and Kjaer, speak. They and the captain, Romagnoli".

And if there is to go to Pioli on behalf of the team?

"The same, the three of them."

They say about you that you are a very private person, careful to keep your privacy. It is a behavior that contrasts with the dimension of leader, which forces you to expose yourself. So: is that of "pack leader" a role you were looking for or that you had to accept?

"In the youth teams of my national team, the Ivory Coast, I have always been the captain. I'm used to being the first to put my face up, on and off the pitch."

And who is the president at home, you or your wife Joelle, who is also Ivorian?

"In Italy, women rule, right? And now we live in Italy ..." (laughs).

Among the many young people of Milan, is there anyone in particular who leans on you?

"I talk to everyone, starting with the youngest: Hauge, Daniel Maldini ... Even with those of the Primavera who occasionally train with us, like Mionic".

Outside you bonded a lot with Calhanoglu. What unites you?

"We arrived together in the same summer four years ago. I go to his house, he comes to me. We resemble each other in character. When we have the day off we are almost always together: we went to restaurants when we could, to go shopping at the Duomo ? But I also go to Bennacer, Meite, Leao, Saelemaekers? ".

Do you pull Leao's ears for how much he could give in the game and he can't?

"I talk to him. He has almost everything. He is very strong, has quality, dribbles, sometimes scores goals ... I tell him to stay focused, to always maintain the same level of attention in the game."

Would today's Kessie still give his jersey number to a teammate as you did when you arrived when Bonucci demanded the 19 that you had always worn in your career?

"He explained to me that it was important, I spoke with Leonardo, with Mr. Montella, also with Gattuso, who was still coaching the Primavera ... Bonucci was older, he had more experience. But today I don't know if I would do it again."

Your father played too, central midfielder in front of the defense. Was he the one who put the ball between your feet? (smiles)

"I would say yes. I followed his path, even if I went further, because Dad has never played in Europe. Even my role is more or less his. In the beginning it came natural to feel close to him. , even if I also played in defense ".

Your father was a soldier and you lost him when you were only eleven.

"An illness took him away. His death made me grow up quickly, even though I was the youngest of seven children, four boys and three girls. I stayed with my brothers and my mother, football helped me to bear the pain. The pain never goes away, but life goes on. "

What do you have left of him?

"The memory of the days he took me to school and the thought I give him when I score and I stand at attention to say hello. I saw him do it sometimes, when a guest came home. I asked him why. He replied:" It's so that you greet a person more important than you ".

And today that you are the father of two children, Prince Kylian of 2 and a half and Inayah of four months, what has changed in you?

I know that I have to work for them, that I am responsible for their education and that they lack nothing. I want to be a great dad. "

Are you also good at preparing baby food or bathing him?

"I do, I do. Even if I'm tired, when I get back from training I take care of them and play with Kylian until he goes to bed. He already hits the ball, but it's still early to tell if he's good."

Are your mother and your brothers still in Ivory Coast?

"Mom and three brothers do. They work and have their own family. Two others are in Paris, one is studying in Canada".

Making a mockery of Impossible is nothing, the name of the social campaign of Adidas, your sponsor, in your case it can be said that you have made possible what seemed impossible?

"You can tell. I think you can fail, once, twice or three times, but in the end, if you believe it, you get what you want."

But is it true that as a child you cheered Milan and went crazy for Shevchenko?

"Yes. Milan was also my team at the Playstation. It was easy to cheer for them: in those days they won everything. When I wore the Rossoneri shirt for the first time I didn't believe it. Milan I was also a fan. That's what I try to do in every match. Playing the Champions League with Milan would be great. "

Your contract will expire in a year: is it a thought that haunts you, or are you calm?

"Now I am focused on the work that we have to finish and that must bring us to the Champions League. At the end of the season we will speak with the club."

You arrived in Italy, at Atalanta, at the age of 18, in January 2015. How was the transfer born?

"They saw me in Abu Dhabi, at the Under 17 World Cup. They sent a letter to my agent, George Atangana, and made me arrive in Italy in January. I landed at Malpensa. It was snowing and I had never seen snow. I said to George: I I go back, I know that in these conditions I can't play. And he: you'll see that he passes. I did three or four training sessions, then the medical examinations. They put me in the boarding school of the team where the other youths were staying. I stayed there seven- eight months later, I went on loan to Cesena, in B. When I returned I took an apartment all to myself ".

Today you speak our language well, but how did it go in the beginning?

"At Atalanta I had first Colantuono and then Reja as a coach. The coach said one thing, I did the opposite and he sent me to train with the young players." Go there, which I think you understand there ", he said. the first team. Dram? and Benalouane helped me, translating me into French. One day they were both missing from training, I stayed in the locker room: "Mister, I'm sick, today I can't do it" (laughs).

In August 2015 you go to Cesena and Mr. Drago changes your role, from defense to midfield. That is the turning point.

"I arrived on the last day of the transfer market. In training I was a central defender. I was out for three games in a row, until one day Sensi gets hurt. Then it's up to Cascione, and finally to Moussa Kon?, the day before the match. in midfield there is no one left and the coach asks me if I feel like playing in that position. Yes, coach, I have already done so. We win 1-0 against Livorno first in the standings and I don't go out anymore.

You go back to Atalanta and find Gasperini.

"I had spoken to my agent: let me stay another year in Cesena, here I play and enjoy myself. Instead, Gasperini telephones me and tells me: I followed you, come to Serie A and try. "there were many players in my situation, without Serie A experience: Spinazzola, Caldara, Petagna ... I immediately played the first game. You work a lot with Gasperini, you don't mess with him, but in the end the work pays off. But he kills you, and when you get home you don't have the strength to do anything ".

But who did you get the most cazziatoni from, Gasperini or Gattuso?

"Gattuso in my opinion screams more. He is very attached to the players, he is fantastic, he has a physical relationship with them: he hugs, throws a fist on the shoulder, slaps on the back of the head. It's his way of being in training. He gets pissed off. when one makes a mistake, but in the end everything passes ".

With Gattuso you were a midfielder in a three-man midfield, now you are central in one to two: is this the only way to explain your extraordinary performance in the last year and a half?

"The role does not change for me. Central I played in Bergamo with Freuler or Cristante. At Milan, Montella already told me that we would play three-handed and I replied that I had already done it at Cesena. It is true that from central it is easier to attack when coming from behind, because you only have the opposing attacking midfielder in front of you. After you pass him, you have space in front. From the midfielder you are closer to the opposing defenders, you have to dribble more.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Gattuso asked you for more courage: did you find it?

"He told me not to be afraid of making mistakes, to play with a freer head. I knew I had something inside that I had to let out. Today it's easier because Pioli has helped so much.

Pioli admitted that at the beginning your relationship was not the best. Why, and what changed afterwards?

"When a new coach arrives he brings his ideas and asks you new things compared to before. It is normal that at the beginning you struggle. But we talked and talked, I worked hard on myself to understand how to give him what he wanted. And in the end I succeeded ".

Now Pioli says that a great Milan is being born. What is Milan missing to be great again?

"The continuity in the results. The great teams are never satisfied, they want to win all the games. This must be our mentality. We know that it is not possible to always win, but we must try. But we are already a great team."

Four years in Milan: what does Kessie like about the city?

"Everything. It is the city of fashion, the food is good ... When I have time, I like to play bowling. How do I spend my money? If I want to spend a lot, I help those in need, the people of my country. In Ivory Coast there is a foundation that bears my name. I help the poor, the children in orphanages ".

We finished. How long does it take you to comb your braided hair?

"Eh, a lot. Two hours, two and a half hours. You have to do it one at a time. Then, for two nights at least, you have to sleep with a hat that sticks all over your head, otherwise they'll mess up."

When you look in the mirror, who do you see? "What, who am I seeing? Franck Kessie."

And who is it, Franck Kessie?

"The president of Milan".

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Sorry for not fixing it, very long.

I hope he is staying and become one of our legends :thumbsup:.

Kessie and fully fit bennacer better than every top midfielder in europe

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nicol? Schira @NicoSchira
Confirmed! Mike #Maignan is the #Rossoneri first choice to replace #Donnarumma if Milan and Raiola don’t reach an agreement to extend the contract (expires in June). #ACMilan have never talked for Gollini, Musso and Audero. Only Maignan is a target, if Gigio leaves... #transfers

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"I will be sad if Donnarumma leaves."

said no one ever

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I was fixing what you said.

Italy is a joke.

National team not italy in general.

I know about your boring attempt

2nd most common outcome of a world cup is Italy lifting the trophy, case closed

Last edited:

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Great interview by Kessie, thanks @Vulture

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Maignan is great. If we cant sign 5 year deal with Donna for 8m salary, sign him.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta - Milan, agreement reached with Maignan (waiting for Gigio): 18 million for Lille and 3 million a year for the goalkeeper

The absolute priority for Milan remains the renewal of Donnarumma, but the leaders of via Aldo Rossi do not want to be caught unprepared in the event that the negotiation with Raiola should definitely fail. This is why they are looking around and it seems they have already found Gigio's replacement. As reported in today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport, in France there is talk of an agreement reached with the Lille goalkeeper, Mike Maignan.

THE FIGURES - The French goalkeeper has the contract expiring in 2022 and earns € 800,000 net per season. The cost of the card is 18 million. According to reliable sources - writes the rosea - Milan already has an agreement with the player for a 5-year contract (probably for 3 million), just as an agreement with Lille does not appear difficult.

COHABITATION POSSIBLE - AC Milan would therefore have already "blocked" Maignan. However, as mentioned, the Rossoneri have not yet given up hope of a new marriage with Donnarumma. In this respect, Maignan represents a solution of perspective, but not cumbersome: therefore, a coexistence between Gigio and the 25-year-old Frenchman cannot be excluded.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's where all the football money. If that money tomorrow goes to Malta, UEFA will make a new best friend.

I've been away, what's the state of affairs other than us disappointing vs Sassolu?

Playing like shit for 5 months. Grinding some wins here and there. Commode thinks Pioli is a genius.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta - Milan, agreement reached with Maignan (waiting for Gigio): 18 million for Lille and 3 million a year for the goalkeeper

The absolute priority for Milan remains the renewal of Donnarumma, but the leaders of via Aldo Rossi do not want to be caught unprepared in the event that the negotiation with Raiola should definitely fail. This is why they are looking around and it seems they have already found Gigio's replacement. As reported in today's edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport, in France there is talk of an agreement reached with the Lille goalkeeper, Mike Maignan.

THE FIGURES - The French goalkeeper has the contract expiring in 2022 and earns ? 800,000 net per season. The cost of the card is 18 million. According to reliable sources - writes the rosea - Milan already has an agreement with the player for a 5-year contract (probably for 3 million), just as an agreement with Lille does not appear difficult.

COHABITATION POSSIBLE - AC Milan would therefore have already "blocked" Maignan. However, as mentioned, the Rossoneri have not yet given up hope of a new marriage with Donnarumma. In this respect, Maignan represents a solution of perspective, but not cumbersome: therefore, a coexistence between Gigio and the 25-year-old Frenchman cannot be excluded.

Imagine giving this guy 3 m/year but not agreeing to Kessie's request of 4 m :fp:

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Well... I will be sad if Donnarumma leaves for free

Imagine getting into a contract renewal dispute at age 18, who does that except donnaraiola. How difficult your renewal 4-5 year in the future will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule