Alessio Romagnoli Thread

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
for 30 million, maybe too much. considering we really bad at developing youngster.

i think we better buy a mature proven Center Back

but he has potential.

new nesta?

edit :

romagnoli_1061009650x438.jpg

Last edited:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
You can never tell at his age what he'll become... he can become the new Bonera, the new Astori or the new Nesta... De Sciglio also played a great first season only to fall back in anonymity in the next two.

30 million is definitely too much, even 20 mill is too much for a defender that is ok, but far from being a starter on a top team, heck even at Roma he'd probably warm the bench to Manolas and Castan.

By comparison, Varane was sold for 10 million.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't see what's wrong in paying 30m. Other prospects have been sold for more

Yeah, what's wrong with spending 30m on an inexperienced kid, who just had his first Serie A season as a starter, for a delicate role that requires experience and maturity. Other prospects have been sold for more, like umm........Marquinhos? To P$G. Roma used that money to make a huge upgrade in Benatia for 13m and then sold him, a proven quality CB, for 26m.

How many Sampdoria games did you watch last season?:lol:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
At 19, Romagnoli made 30 Serie A appearances last season. Count me impressed...

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
210413.png

20 mil is a good deal for him. and i think mihajlovic should be able to convince him to join us.

Reaction score
He is young Italian and played nearly every game for sampadoria yes their is a risk paying 30 million that he doesn't fulfill potential but I would like to see us get him hopefully for cheaper then 30 million you never know mite become new Nesta then we will be laughing he gotta be better then Bonerror

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would be incredible if we managed to sign him

But we will for sure need to overpay big time if we want Roma to think about selling him to Milan

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I've liked him ever since he got up from Romas primavera. Amazing talent. But I don't want us to pay 30 million for him...
20 million should be good

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, what's wrong with spending 30m on an inexperienced kid, who just had his first Serie A season as a starter, for a delicate role that requires experience and maturity. Other prospects have been sold for more, like umm........Marquinhos? To P$G. Roma used that money to make a huge upgrade in Benatia for 13m and then sold him, a proven quality CB, for 26m.

How many Sampdoria games did you watch last season?:lol:

Pray tell, what was samps defensive record last season?

He's not worth that price obviously and if we got someone better, with a more potential for a lower price then why not? If luiz can go for the price he went for, I can justify the club buying him. We have money but out of europe, we'll have to overpay. That's the reality

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pray tell, what was samps defensive record last season?

They conceded 42 goals...one more than Chievo, 8 less than Bibboilan.

So you did not watch Sampdoria last season?

He's not worth that price obviously and if we got someone better, with a more potential for a lower price then why not?

"Don't see what's wrong in paying 30m."
"He's not worth that price obviously"

lel

If luiz can go for the price he went for, I can justify the club buying him.

no, you can't.

We have money but out of europe, we'll have to overpay. That's the reality

We don't have to buy some kid for 30m.
Roma got Benatia for 13m, Manolas for 15m, Castan for 5.5m, Marquinhos for 3m... Without offering UCL football(except for Manolas, who was the most expensive out of the four)

And the midfield should be a bigger priority.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They conceded 42 goals...one more than Chievo, 8 less than Bibboilan.

So you did not watch Sampdoria last season?

"Don't see what's wrong in paying 30m."
"He's not worth that price obviously"

lel

no, you can't.

We don't have to buy some kid for 30m.
Roma got Benatia for 13m, Manolas for 15m, Castan for 5.5m, Marquinhos for 3m... Without offering UCL football(except for Manolas, who was the most expensive out of the four)

And the midfield should be a bigger priority.

no no our defense deserves attention especially if rami is departing and (god i'm hoping) Mexes is not renewing.

Romagnoli is valued at 20m. fair amount considering his age. out of Maksimovic, Romagnoli, Abdennour, Laporte and Hummels, we will sign 2.

i am sure.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
30m? bargain. check how much we paid fodder in gross wages last season.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no no our defense deserves attention especially if rami is departing and (god i'm hoping) Mexes is not renewing.

Romagnoli is valued at 20m. fair amount considering his age. out of Maksimovic, Romagnoli, Abdennour, Laporte and Hummels, we will sign 2.

i am sure.

The defense definitely deserves attention too. We should get a CB to partner Paletta. Preferably someone experienced.

30m for Romagnoli? Fuck that. Wouldn't make sense. If we have unlimited funds then we should afford established CBs.

I'm okay with 15-20m if there'd still be funds left for (quality) midfielders and an attacker.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
20mill is still expensive. Reasonable price is 12-13 mill, probably 15 mill would be a decent deal. The kid has still everything to prove. Juventus bought Ogbonna for 13 mill after one solid season (and he was captain of Torino) ... and Juve fans are now cheering that Juve will sell him for 9-10 mill.

A youngster with talent is just that, a youngster that still needs to prove everything. When PSG bought Marquinhos for 30 mill, it was because he was one of the best defenders in Serie A, getting high ratings in all of his games, and PSG had tons of money to waste ... and still looking back he probably wasn't worth all that money and Benatia is probably better .

Just because we might have some money doesn't mean that we should throw it left and right instead of thinking what the best value is (it's not unlikely that we might save some money for a winter transfer) especially if we are in a close fight and an injury happens or a good deal comes along.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
His agent ruled out a move to Milan because of the lack of European football. He's a dream signing for sure, but it's very uphill

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Doubt that matters. He's way too young and inexperienced to have such demands.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Doubt that matters. He's way too young and inexperienced to have such demands.

Who decides what demands you can have?

As long as he's under contract he can demand anything he likes in order to move.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Who decides what demands you can have?

As long as he's under contract he can demand anything he likes in order to move.
Of course he can. It's just unlikely to be met. Therefore it's probably bluster from the agent.

If Roma wants to sell him and Milan are the one offering the money, then he'll be under adequate pressure to let go of such demands.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
If we buy him, it will be to have him as a starter. I doubt that Milan is following Juventus trail of buying all the best youngsters by spending 15-20 mill on an unproven player and giving loads of cash to Roma so that they can have more liquidity in the transfer market.

Let's not forget that both Destro and Gervinho still haven't been sold.

Do I want to have Romagnoli as a starter and give loads of cash to Roma as well. The answer is a big no, unless they really think that Romagnoli will be a world class defender within a year or two and that will be easily worth twice as much. Twice as much means 40 mill.

The funny thing is that I haven't seen many central defenders being sold for obscene amounts (30+ mill) in the recent years ... leaving aside the PSG bought defenders (Luiz, Silva, Marquinhos), even top defenders are not sold for that high of a price ... Benatia was sold for 26 -29 mill + bonuses ...Bonucci is considered to have a 30 mill valuation.
Otamendi was sold for 12 million.

So the question that rises very easily is why should we pay Roma 20 mill for a newb defender ?

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ogbonna was 25 when he moved to Juve... Romagnoli is 5-6 years younger than he was at the time

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Let's also not discount the opinion of the man who watched him in training and workouts last year.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When you spend big on a young centre back it's not to make a profit four years later its to have a stable back line for the next fifteen years. In the long run if we don't have to reinforce that position for 15 years the price is a no brainer

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Ogbonna was 25 when he moved to Juve... Romagnoli is 5-6 years younger than he was at the time

Yes, Thiago Silva was also 25 when he came to Milan and De Sciglio is 22 but has been sucking for a year. Your point?

When you spend big on a young centre back it's not to make a profit four years later its to have a stable back line for the next fifteen years. In the long run if we don't have to reinforce that position for 15 years the price is a no brainer

What kind of guarantees you have that he'll be a stable center defender for the next 15 years.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
On other news, Milan made a 14 million offer for him. It's slightly high but it's fair and it's exactly in the interval that I said that it would be.

The problem is that his agent said that he doesn't want to move to a club that doesn't play European football, and furthermore Juventus is also getting interested in him (WTF? Maybe they'll sell Bonucci after all or loan Rugani)

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What kind of guarantees you have that he'll be a stable center defender for the next 15 years.

the man who coached him would have a very versatile opinion on what the player can and cannot do, and what his current capabilities are. miha allegedly wants him.

so i could also ask you the opposite; what kinda guarantees you have that he won't be a stable defender for the next 15 years?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
B7JHS6CCIAAUcbV.jpg

Solid moustache + tattoo game. I'm sold. :thumbsup: