Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball)

Who will be the winner of Golden Ball this Year ?

• Kaka'

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Andrea Pirlo

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Leo Messi

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Francesco Totti

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Ronaldinho

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Luca Toni

• Frank Ribery

• Riquelme

• Francesc Fabregas

• Gigi Buffon

• Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Didier Drogba

• Steven Gerard

• Genaro Gattuso

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Wayne Rooney

• Paul Scholes

• Ruud van Nistelrooy

• David Villa

• Paolo Maldini

• Deco

• Thierry Henry

• Diego

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Clarence Seedorf

• Miroslav Klose

• Total voters

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
also thanks manutd fan for giving me a nice chuckle about Beckham ever being worthy of a golden ball. :D

Clearly you didn't watch football in 1999 then ;)

Oh and to say Ronaldo's performances last season were as good as the one before is laughable. Goals or no goals.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Clearly you didn't watch football in 1999 then ;)

Oh and to say Ronaldo's performances last season were as good as the one before is laughable. Goals or no goals.
Beckham is as good now as he was then. A footballer that is as incomplete as it gets. You don't become a ballon dor for having a pretty face and a nice swing when crossing. Rivaldo was at the pinacle of his career then and he had more ability than Beckham in his little finger.

And Ronaldo last season had an injury that kept him from playing and then hitting form for a prolonged period. Other things contributed for not reaching 40 goals again (like the fact that it was impossible even for him to ever reach that number again unless all the stars align in the perfect possible way that everything goes right for him), but his ability and shape is at the same level now and last season too as it was when he was voted clear #1 in the world.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beckham is as good now as he was then. A footballer that is as incomplete as it gets. .

Rubbish.

Beckham has never, ever, replicated his 1999 form, where literally everything he touched turned to goal.

He was the assist king. He had well over 10 in the CL alone.

It is fact that as a player get's older they lose physical attributes. Something that most don't associate with Beckham was workrate. He worked harder (the stats proved it) than anyone else, defensively he was a dream.

You don't become a ballon dor for having a pretty face and a nice swing when crossing. Rivaldo was at the pinacle of his career then and he had more ability than Beckham in his little finger.

So? The World Player of the Year is an award that goes to the player who has played the best over the course of that year. Not who has more talent.

Every other year Rivaldo was much better than Becks, but this particular year was a special one for Beckham.

Not to forget the hell he went through before the season, which makes his performances all the more amazing.

Like it or not, a "Nice swing with crossing" can be every bit as useful as a "Maradana turn with a Pele chip pass". The result is the same.

Some people are horribly naive when it comes to this though, you don't have to be flashy to be as effective as someone else.

Not to mention the fact that Beckham won the Treble.

You didn't answer my question either. Did you watch United in 1999?
And Ronaldo last season had an injury that kept him from playing and then hitting form for a prolonged period. Other things contributed for not reaching 40 goals again (like the fact that it was impossible even for him to ever reach that number again unless all the stars align in the perfect possible way that everything goes right for him), but his ability and shape is at the same level now and last season too as it was when he was voted clear #1 in the world.

Again, goals aren't everything. He had a particular pattern:

06/07 - Out of this world performances, great goal scoring.
07/08 - Out of this world goal scoring, great performances.
08/09 - Brilliant goal scoring, poor performances.

If you had actually paid attention to us last season you'd know that deep into the season Ronaldo was heavily critisezed for his poor performances (after which he scored vs Porto).

Ronaldo last season lost the will/ability to actually take players on. There could be several reasons for it. After you miss the first 2 months of a season you probably won't be 100% until after you have a pre season, or it could be that in a league where you are constantly under physical pressure, you need acceleration, and like I've said before his acceleration is nothing compared to what it used to be, because he carries so much more muscle.

Ronaldo was brilliant last year, and was our 2nd best player (after Vidic), but he wasn't a patch on his 07/08 season.

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Rubbish.

Beckham has never, ever, replicated his 1999 form, where literally everything he touched turned to goal.

He was the assist king. He had well over 10 in the CL alone.

It is fact that as a player get's older they lose physical attributes. Something that most don't associate with Beckham was workrate. He worked harder (the stats proved it) than anyone else, defensively he was a dream.

So? The World Player of the Year is an award that goes to the player who has played the best over the course of that year. Not who has more talent.

Every other year Rivaldo was much better than Becks, but this particular year was a special one for Beckham.

Not to forget the hell he went through before the season, which makes his performances all the more amazing.

Like it or not, a "Nice swing with crossing" can be every bit as useful as a "Maradana turn with a Pele chip pass". The result is the same.

Some people are horribly naive when it comes to this though, you don't have to be flashy to be as effective as someone else.

Not to mention the fact that Beckham won the Treble.

You didn't answer my question either. Did you watch United in 1999?
Yeah I recall that season, Ronaldo's Inter were eliminated by United then. In terms of silverware Beckham did have the best season of his life in 1999, true. But as far as his individual form goes, he's always been like that - a very limited player. Everything fell into place for him that season, the tactical system, Cole and Yorke banging them headers in etc. but United were strong as a unit then from the keeper to the strikers and Beckham was just a part of the team whereas Rivaldo with his impeccable genius carried the team himself. It would have been a shame to give the best player award to such a limited player as Beckham who is clearly not the best.

If you had actually paid attention to us last season you'd know that deep into the season Ronaldo was heavily critisezed for his poor performances (after which he scored vs Porto).

Ronaldo last season lost the will/ability to actually take players on. There could be several reasons for it. After you miss the first 2 months of a season you probably won't be 100% until after you have a pre season, or it could be that in a league where you are constantly under physical pressure, you need acceleration, and like I've said before his acceleration is nothing compared to what it used to be, because he carries so much more muscle.

Ronaldo was brilliant last year, and was our 2nd best player (after Vidic), but he wasn't a patch on his 07/08 season.
I think this is just the bitterness and denial as defensive mechanism from Ronaldo leaving to Madrid thats talking here. Yeah right, Ronaldo hasn't been as good last season as the one before, keep convincing yourself in that. I mean how blind do you have to be to say Ronaldo isn't taking on players anymore? He has been consistently the best since 2007 until now at Madrid and his form or speed hasn't dropped one bit except when returing from injuries. Last year the performances were the same, the goals weren't, thats it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

don't you think it has to do with CHANGE of position. In 2006/7 he was a winger. in 2007/8 he started shifting, winger in name. In 2008/9, he was essentially an our and out striker. Maybe playing wide, but there is no denying it. Hell rooney had to play LW to compensate. Not saying it was wrong tactic, cause ronaldo is 1 of most clinical players in world, but it is what it is

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
IMO, Xavi was the best last season but these award favor attackers which IMO is stupid.

manutd fan Concerning C. Ronaldo during his 06/07 year didn't he also have something like 20 assist in all comp.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
IMO, Xavi was the best last season but these award favor attackers which IMO is stupid.

manutd fan Concerning C. Ronaldo during his 06/07 year didn't he also have something like 20 assist in all comp.

Cannavaro isn't a striker,you know....

Petit_Beurre

Universal PI.AJ.EM.PI.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Priya Rai, Isis Love, Audrey Bitoni,Kylee Strutt
Dzeko.
Eat it ! :o

:tongue:

I think it'll be Messi. No, i'm quite sure it'll be him

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Yeah. 23 goals and 20 assists I think it was. He had practically the exact same stats as Rooney.

don't you think it has to do with CHANGE of position. In 2006/7 he was a winger. in 2007/8 he started shifting, winger in name. In 2008/9, he was essentially an our and out striker. Maybe playing wide, but there is no denying it. Hell rooney had to play LW to compensate. Not saying it was wrong tactic, cause ronaldo is 1 of most clinical players in world, but it is what it is

Ronaldo being a striker last season is a complete myth.

He played striker once against Arsenal, away to Porto and in the CL final. No other games. It's just that all were very high profile.

Ronaldo actually played much more out wide than he did in 07/08. That's why he didn't get as many tap ins, as he was firmly on the wing.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Yeah, it'll definetly be Messi, and really it should be Messi.

His scoring record was pretty much as good as Cristiano Ronaldo's the season before, plus he added a truckload of assists aswell. I don't see why some people can't just acknowledge how good he was. I do think that he went down a notch after christmas though, and perhaps was eclipsed by the way Iniesta was playing, but just because in the first part of the season Messi was Barcelona, then I think it's well deserved.

He started loads of games from the bench just cause he was rested, and it was funny to see how much he changed the game when he got on, several times he came on when Barcelona were behind or drawing and changed the game completly.

Iniesta was consistently awesome all through last season, but he really lacked the 'end product' that Messi had for most of the season. Still I think he deserves to be number two.

I think it should be something like:

Messi
Iniesta

Cristiano Ronaldo / Ibrahimovic

And then: Xavi, Maicon, Daniel Alves, Cambiasso, Gerrard, Vidic.
Something like that.

Btw, am I the only one surprised that Higuain isn't on the list? He basicly carried a shitty Real Madrid team to a decent title challenge, I'd say it would'be been well deserved if he was in the top 10.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah I recall that season, Ronaldo's Inter were eliminated by United then. In terms of silverware Beckham did have the best season of his life in 1999, true. But as far as his individual form goes, he's always been like that - a very limited player. Everything fell into place for him that season, the tactical system, Cole and Yorke banging them headers in etc. but United were strong as a unit then from the keeper to the strikers and Beckham was just a part of the team whereas Rivaldo with his impeccable genius carried the team himself. It would have been a shame to give the best player award to such a limited player as Beckham who is clearly not the best.

You are getting the award all wrong. It isn't who IS the best, it's who played the best over the last year. Beckham was amazing that year. Infact probably yhe only other player who was just as good was Keane (before you say that thye are both United players - we were like Barca are today in that season).

And for the record, Rivaldo was one of my faviorite players. He was better than Beckham - bar this one season.

I think this is just the bitterness and denial as defensive mechanism from Ronaldo leaving to Madrid thats talking here.

Why is it bitterness? I have no ill feeling's towards Ronaldo, infact I want him to do well, as he's with class since he's left unlike a certain Argie.

Yeah right, Ronaldo hasn't been as good last season as the one before, keep convincing yourself in that. I mean how blind do you have to be to say Ronaldo isn't taking on players anymore?

Tell me one example of where he did. Go on, as I made this point so many times last season. He may be taking players on now, but that's becayse he's in a league with League 2 style defending.

Last season, probably due to his injury, he didn't. He also came out and said that he was scared to run with the ball because he could see an Eduardo incident happen, seeing as he got kicked from pillar to post every game.

Also when you are being marked so tightly, acceleration is key. He won't need this as much now as he has space.

You only need to look at how little players take players on in the EPL in comparison with La Liga and even Serie A to see this.

He has been consistently the best since 2007 until now at Madrid and his form or speed hasn't dropped one bit except when returing from injuries. Last year the performances were the same, the goals weren't, thats it.

You do realise that last season he returned from injury don't you? That is why his performances weren't as good.

Ask Kalac, he was getting loads of stick for his performances 2/3 into the season. The goals were coming, but the performances were.

You clearly only watch the Champions League. It is FACT his performances were getting critisized.

There would be games where he would do nothing, but pop up with a goal, while in 08 he would score while playing well.

It amazes me how people who clearly don't watch all United games actually try and argue when they are so wrong it's amazing.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
You are getting the award all wrong. It isn't who IS the best, it's who played the best over the last year. Beckham was amazing that year. Infact probably yhe only other player who was just as good was Keane (before you say that thye are both United players - we were like Barca are today in that season).

And for the record, Rivaldo was one of my faviorite players. He was better than Beckham - bar this one season.
Well that was Rivaldo's best season as well. So Rivaldo@his best vs. Beckham@his best (even though I think Beckham wasn't anything more special that season than any other until he went to the US) - Rivaldo is a clear winner.

by the way I know whats the award about. If it was given to the best player, the real Ronaldo of Inter would have won then hands down in 1999 but he was in and out that season because of injuries.

Why is it bitterness? I have no ill feeling's towards Ronaldo, infact I want him to do well, as he's with class since he's left unlike a certain Argie.
You know, like 'oh he wasn't even that good in the first place' kind of thing.

Tell me one example of where he did. Go on, as I made this point so many times last season. He may be taking players on now, but that's becayse he's in a league with League 2 style defending.

Last season, probably due to his injury, he didn't. He also came out and said that he was scared to run with the ball because he could see an Eduardo incident happen, seeing as he got kicked from pillar to post every game.

Also when you are being marked so tightly, acceleration is key. He won't need this as much now as he has space.

You only need to look at how little players take players on in the EPL in comparison with La Liga and even Serie A to see this.
You make some rather strange claims there, its your opinion that you can't dribble in the EPL and that Spain is a weak league, but from my perspective there is a lot more space and running in the EPL than in la liga, which suits a fast player like Ronaldo more. His essence is dribbling, any comp on youtube can testify for that.

You do realise that last season he returned from injury don't you? That is why his performances weren't as good.

Ask Kalac, he was getting loads of stick for his performances 2/3 into the season. The goals were coming, but the performances were.

You clearly only watch the Champions League. It is FACT his performances were getting critisized.

There would be games where he would do nothing, but pop up with a goal, while in 08 he would score while playing well.

It amazes me how people who clearly don't watch all United games actually try and argue when they are so wrong it's amazing.
Listen all I said is that Cristiano's form has never dropped despite the occasional no show and worse goal ratio. He reached his personal top around 2007 and stayed there until now. And if he was obviously the best player then, its logical that he is now as well. Messi is close in second and had a better season trophywise last term, thats why he is going to get the trophy but to me Ronaldo is a better player overall.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well that was Rivaldo's best season as well. So Rivaldo@his best vs. Beckham@his best (even though I think Beckham wasn't anything more special that season than any other until he went to the US) - Rivaldo is a clear winner.

I don't think that was Rivaldo's best season, I think it was either the one before or after, that I thought he was immense, though it overlapped with 99, if that makes sense.

You also have to remember that success is always taken into account - Beckham with the title, FA Cup and CL.

by the way I know whats the award about. If it was given to the best player, the real Ronaldo of Inter would have won then hands down in 1999 but he was in and out that season because of injuries.

I agree here.

You know, like 'oh he wasn't even that good in the first place' kind of thing.

Except I've never said that. Ronaldo is one of our greatest ever players.

You make some rather strange claims there, its your opinion that you can't dribble in the EPL and that Spain is a weak league, but from my perspective there is a lot more space and running in the EPL than in la liga, which suits a fast player like Ronaldo more. His essence is dribbling, any comp on youtube can testify for that. .

Nope, in the EPL after you have the ball you are instantly met with an opponent, who, if you manage to take the ball pst him, will take you out.

The tempo is so fast, you get no time on the ball. For the record, Ronaldo's dribbling is nothing compared to what it used to be, because he is now a much different (more effective) player.

Ronaldo has said he became scared to dribble, and it's no wonder:

Listen all I said is that Cristiano's form has never dropped despite the occasional no show and worse goal ratio. He reached his personal top around 2007 and stayed there until now. And if he was obviously the best player then, its logical that he is now as well. Messi is close in second and had a better season trophywise last term, thats why he is going to get the trophy but to me Ronaldo is a better player overall.

I think you have mis-understood me. I think Ronaldo is better than Messi aswell, but over the last year Messi has been better than Ronaldo. However Ronaldo in 07/08 > Messi in 08/09 > Ronaldo 08/09 = Ronaldo 06/07 > Messi 07/08.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do recall C. Ronaldo getting criticize for poor performance last year. One game in particular is at home vs Villa. Doesn't have a great game but scores 2 goals.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
CLEARLY it's Seedorf.

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't think that was Rivaldo's best season, I think it was either the one before or after, that I thought he was immense, though it overlapped with 99, if that makes sense.

You also have to remember that success is always taken into account - Beckham with the title, FA Cup and CL.
I think most of those who voted in 1999 had more or less the same opinion as me - with all the titles Beckham won taken into consideration - that one can't be named 'world's best' if he's simply not that good player overall, especially if another player who is much better than him also had a monster of a season. Its an individual award in the end. Look at it this way: Messi will win the award this year instead of Ronaldo because he won more trophies, even though he's a slightly worse player than CR, but the gap in quality between those two isn't nowhere near as big as between Beckham and Rivaldo in 1999.

Nope, in the EPL after you have the ball you are instantly met with an opponent, who, if you manage to take the ball pst him, will take you out.

The tempo is so fast, you get no time on the ball. For the record, Ronaldo's dribbling is nothing compared to what it used to be, because he is now a much different (more effective) player.

Ronaldo has said he became scared to dribble, and it's no wonder:

First of all, I reject the notion that the EPL has better defence than La liga, in Spain teams defend collectively in numbers and it takes a lot of technique to break them; in England the defense is chaotic, the game is attacking which leaves a lot of space for counterattacks and that is where players like Ronaldo are the best.

btw you answered yourself there. Ronaldo in his first seasons at United was as flashy and tricky as it gets but didn't have much end product and was called a showpony, and later he became more direct and effective, and much better with that. How much he takes on a player doesn't determine how good is he. Now at Madrid he surprises me with how much he passes the ball, obviously the guy can adapt because passing is essential in Spain. But my point was that his performance/form from WPOY winning season 07/08 never dropped except for short periods due to injury (unlike for example Ronaldinho's fall from grace) and if he was voted best in 2008, he can make a case for this year as well because he was essentially equally as good.

Ronaldo in 07/08 > Messi in 08/09 > Ronaldo 08/09 = Ronaldo 06/07 > Messi 07/08.
That is great use of the > sign. :D Agree with all that, but my point is that there isn't much difference between those three seasons for how Ronaldo performed as an individual except for the goals scored and trophies won. or Ronaldo 06/07=(~)Ronaldo 07/08=(~)Ronaldo 08/09.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Yeah they made there food for the poor (pizza) something to eat world wide at a decent prize ,cheats !

Wait what?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Barcelona Star Andres Iniesta Deserves The Ballon d'Or - Raymond Kopa

The French legend believes that 'Don Andres' deserves the accolade...

According to Raymond Kopa, this year's Ballon d'Or should end up in the hands of Barcelona's Andres Iniesta.

The Frenchman believes that Blaugrana star should win the award due to his crucial interventions at key moments, which allowed his side to win the treble last year.

"Iniesta is the best for me at the moment," Kopa enthused to L'Equipe.

"I would give the Ballon d'Or to him without a question. With [Lionel] Messi in second position.

"It was Iniesta who saved his team on several occasions, it was thanks to him that Barcelona became champions of various competitions.

"Andres is a great player, really great, and in order for Messi to do well, he needs to be well assisted."

Kopa played in the first ever European Cup final in 1956 with Stade Reims, and won three subsequent European Cups with Real Madrid.

He was also the winner of the Ballon d'Or in 1958, and was nominated for the award on a further three occasions.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
27 ppl voted 4 Kaka.
U know whats gonna b great/funny/epic/awesome :D
Doin another pole & witness 95% of the ppl who voted 4 Kaka changing their mind only coz Kaka is no more Milan's.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
27 ppl voted 4 Kaka.
U know whats gonna b great/funny/epic/awesome :D
Doin another pole & witness 95% of the ppl who voted 4 Kaka changing their mind only coz Kaka is no more Milan's.

you realize thats the poll from a different season right?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Argentina and Barcelona player Lionel Messi wins Ballon d'Or

Barcelona and Argentina player Lionel Messi on Tuesday was awarded the Ballon d'Or accolade as Europe-based footballer of the year.

Messi, whom Cristiano Ronaldo beat into second place last season, easily saw off the Portugal striker, who moved to Real Madrid from Manchester United, by 473 points to 233.

Messi got the vote for a tremendous year in which his mercurial talents stood out for Barcelona as the Catalan club marched to an unprecedented treble of Champions League - he scored against United in the final - Spanish league title and Spanish Cup.

Barca teammates were also hailed with midfielder Xavi taking third place with 170 points while Iniesta was fourth on 149.

In fifth place was Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o, who left Barca to join Inter Milan after winning his second Champions League. He was the club's other scorer in the 2-0 final win over United as Barcelona won their third crown.

Messi, who Argentina coach Diego Maradona picked out as his heir four years ago, was in the youth team in Newells Old Boys in his homeland before Barcelona discovered him. The club swiftly brought him to Europe - paying for treatment for the youngster's growth hormone deficiency.

"Without growth hormones Lionel would have grown, at best, to 1m50 by the time he reached adulthood," his father Jorge once told L'Equipe Magazine.

Messi becomes the first Argentine to win the award - opened to non-European nationals 15 years ago with Liberia's George Weah the first non-European winner.

Brazilian Kaka, who won two years ago, came in sixth this year with just 58 points.

Swedish forward Zlatan Ibrahomovic, now Messi's teammate at Barca after arriving from Inter Milan, placed seventh ahead of Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, Chelsea's Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard's Liverpool teammate Fernando Torres was 11th and Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas was 12th.

Thierry Henry, another of Messi's Barca colleagues and who has never won the award, came in 15th.

The first winner, in 1956, was England wing wizard Stanley Matthews.

Others honours include Alfredo Di Stefano, Raymond Kopa, Denis Law, Lev Yashin, Eusebio, Bobby Charlton - in England's World Cup-winning year of 1966 - George Best, Gerd Muller, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Kevin Keegan, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Michel Platini, Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten, Ronaldo, Zinedine Zidane, Michael Owen and Ronaldinho.

Having added to his growing personal trophy haul, Lionel Andres Messi, nicknamed La Pulga - the flea - is now itching to follow up and transfer his talents to the World Cup stage in South Africa next summer.

Last time out, in 2006, he was a frustrated spectator as former coach Jose Pekerman left him on the bench for the 2006 quarter-final penalty shootout loss on penalties to Germany.
foxsports

Ballon D'Or Result

1. Lionel Messi (ARG/Barcelona) 473 points
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (POR/Manchester United/Real Madrid) 233
3. Xavi (ESP/Barcelona) 170
4. Iniesta (ESP/Barcelona) 149
5. Samuel Eto'o (CMR/Barcelona/Inter Milan) 75
6. Kaka (BRA/AC Milan/Real Madrid) 58
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (SWE/Inter Milan/Barcelona) 50
8. Wayne Rooney (ENG/Manchester United) 35
9. Didier Drogba (CIV/Chelsea) 33
10. Steven Gerrard (ENG/Liverpool) 32

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Kaka>Vaffanculovic!

Schedule