Chinese Consortium

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Stuck in dubai airport. Hitman's friend will know more.

vanbasten

Milan Icon
Reaction score
if only one Chinese company to buy milan. I hope it is Wanda (Jianlin Wang) or Alibaba (Jack Ma). Not somebody listed above

From todays La Repubblica - Minus 89 million budget deficit. Chinese consortium features Wanda group who would retain Galliani as manager.

Romagnely

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Cafu, Gattuso, Ibra, Bennacer, Tomori
Stuck in dubai airport. Hitman's friend will know more.

They hold Bee captive on top of the Burj Khalifa like Sauroman held Gandalf on top of Isengard.

It's just a matter of time till Condor will pick him up.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The Eagles are coming!

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
From todays La Repubblica - Minus 89 million budget deficit. Chinese consortium features Wanda group who would retain Galliani as manager.

Wanda's boss is the richest Chinese at the moment. and he was a boss of a Chinese soccer team who dominated the league for many years. my first choice as a milan fan

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Wanda's boss is the richest Chinese at the moment. and he was a boss of a Chinese soccer team who dominated the league for many years. my first choice as a milan fan

Wanda Group states that they have no involvement in interests, plans or negotiations for the purchase of Milan.

Bellinazzo: The intention of the Chinese group is to close the agrrement before the start of the transfers, to set the new season.

Chinese group of Robin Li want 70% of Milan now for 500m and 30% after a year for 200m. Monday could be a crucial day. There will be a conference call for the offer presentation from Chinese. #CorSport

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so 3 investors that wanted milan were lee, bee and li.... you can't make this stuff up :D

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The Chinese Consortium is led by Robin Li, billionaire founder of ' Baidu ', most anti-virus used in Asia.

Seedorf's return confirmed.

ykou

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hurun Global Rich List 2016:
Wang Jianlin, Wanda was the richest Chinese with US$26bn, Robin Li couple was less than half of that.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baidu is not just an anti-virus :lol:

It's the Chinese google.. If you travel to most parts of China, you can't access Google without a proxy and would need to depend on Baidu.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Berlusconi has still not decided about the idea of selling majority of the club. To close the deal in the short term would be the ideal solution as the new owners would plan the future and bring money for transfers. Contacts are continuing at the technical level and they want to avoid another Mister Bee case. But the focus is also to Bee, who could relaunch, the Thai broker is working behind the scenes. Berlusconi is not fully convinced by the figures (from 1 billion to 700m now). The final decision of the president remains to be seen. #GdS

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Ugh fuck this it's clear he won't sell majority. It's too hard for him to let go..

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So today's rumors are claiming two names behind the consortium:

Repubblica + CDS claim Jack Ma (Alibaba)

Gazzetta have also added Li Ka Shing (Hutchinson Whampoa Group)

There are two more days until Milan's shareholder meeting. They are expecting some major news by Monday and they are hoping to sign a pact of exclusivity (which is necessary for the deal to take place).

Other rumours claim the consortium's intentions are to build a stadium and hire Marcelo Lippi as the sporting director.

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Gogo Jack Ma, get Jet Li to be our mascot.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gogo Jack Ma, get Jet Li to be our mascot.

9DmxwRzCqIdBm.gif

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Can we have a consortium of the richest most powerful men in all of China. Each only need to come up with a small pocket change to make this club the great again.

The last time a club of this magnitude was up for sale was probably Man Utd to the Glazers. Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern are all in public hands right?

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So latest reports are all saying its Evergrande Real Estate group who are behind this bid.

They also own 60% of Guangzhou Evergrande, the team that won 4 (5?) consecutive Chinese domestic leagues and the Asian CL. The other 40% belongs to Jack Ma's Alibaba.

Jack Ma is also a minority investor in the Evergrande Real Estate group.

The latest rumours for the bid is that it's 500m euro for 100% excluding the debts of around 250m.

We should be getting more news by Friday the latest regarding the signing of exclusive negotiations between Finninvest and the 'Cinesi'.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR

APRIL 15: Sal Galatioto enters the frame

e71c6d78a931391ea5d412dd83259807_169_l.jpg

Introduction to who Sal Galatioto is from his official company's website can be found here

Sal Galatioto's interview [Gazzetta]

Here are his words on his work: "I have had the good fortune of having a group of professionals always prepared, who have worked with me for a long time, I believe that is my true strength. We have consolidated this group thanks to a series of operations that have proved to be fortunate. The idea is not only that of profit but to put in place a serious project that can succeed in time and to delight fans. I am interested in making the club competitive from both a sporting and financial point of view. These are the things that after all these years to make transactions of this kind, I still motivate".

Then on the Milan: "First of all we are talking about a very important club, if it wasn't then we would not have moved for it, it is known throughout the world. A beautiful city and especially a good brand, AC Milan, it's fantastic. For obvious reasons I cannot reveal who is the potential buyer, I can only say that it is a Chinese group that has great ambitions and that is very very interested in the club. The projects we have in mind are of high standard and we have very interesting ideas, but first we must conclude the operation. I would say that if things are moving in the right direction we could close in six to eight weeks. One of my former student, which I prefer not to name, lives in Milan and there is acting as a consultant in this operation. We are at a good stage but in these cases it is best not to comment Football is a sport that I like, although I must admit that I am not a great expert.

On his motivations: "Apart from all this, the thing that I like the most, and that motivates me, is winning and I think that an operation as this can bring great successes to the club. In some respects it reminds me of the passage of ownership of Warriors. Still today I receive email thank-you by fans of Golden State. The fans of Milan are doing the same thing, my mailbox is full of messages of encouragement on the part of supporters of the Milan club. It's beautiful to affect with hand the passion of the fans of this team".

MAY 10

Official announcement from

Finninvest: "Fininvest has reached an agreement with a group of Chinese investors for a period of exclusivity to discuss the sale of a stake in AC Milan. A memorandum of understanding also was signed, from which more detailed negotiations are set to begin". The statement added that the non-binding agreement was for a period of exclusivity of about one month in order to be "compatible with the complexity of the issues to discuss, the demands of the club and the engagements planned in the soccer calendar"

Later that day, La Stampa released some comments from

Sal Galatioto: “Our group of investors has signed an exclusive agreement with Fininvest to begin negotiations for AC Milan. This is an important step towards the possibility of closing the deal. We are optimistic of completing a deal rapidly with Fininvest.”

MAY 21

Coppa Italia final versus Juventus. After this date, Galliani has said that the management will tell us what the possible scenarios are for the future.

JUNE 10

So 6-8 weeks from April 15 is exactly Friday 27th May-Friday June 10. It also is 1 month after May 10, the date where the exclusivity was signed.

We should wait for something in between these dates.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
About two weeks left until June 10.. some reports said that it's been postponed to June 20.

At most, we'll have to wait 3 weeks for the due diligence phase to complete and the preliminary agreement can be signed (which was also signed with Mr Bee btw).

Last week even Berlusconi publicly spoke about the Chinese interest after playing hardball for the longest time. For the first time, Silvio seems open to selling majority. He even said that some members of the consortium are partly owned by the government (which was the sexiest piece of info yet since Sal got into the picture, but we haven't heard anything more in regards to the government's involvement).

The only names that keep getting repeated are Evergrande Real Estate group and Robin Li of Baidu. We still don't know who the others are but we've heard Eric Xu's (vice prez of Huawei) name too. We've heard Jack Ma at the beginning but it doesn't seem like he's invested in this consortium as Alibaba Sports or Jack Ma, he's part of the consortium because he has a 10% share in Evergrande Real Estate group.

Most rumours are saying that Galliani will stay on for a transitional period and that the consortium wants to build Milan a new stadium.

It kind of feels weird for Milan to be doing something right. I'm still waiting for the catch to all this smh. Hopefully the deal closes asap so we can rid ourselves of the previous management.

Last edited:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
July 6th:

Sal Galatioto lands in Milano. The signing for the pre-agreement should take place by July 12th (if not by tomorrow - July 7th was the previous date).

There are rumours that there is a penalty of 100m for anyone who will break this deal after the pre-contract agreement.

The sale is getting closer. We're almost there. Years of misery under Silvio are about to be over....

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Scrap the rest. Current #Official consortium members:

1. Haixia Capital: http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=262429210
Company Overview
Haixia Capital Management Co., Ltd. is a venture capital firm specializing in growth capital. It prefers to invest in infrastructure projects of Haixi Economic Zone, financial industry, infrastructure in Pingtan area, highway construction in Sanming area, acquiring mainland companies, acquiring chicken breeding and cultivating companies in France, and construction in Fuzhou and surrounded counties. Haixia Capital Management Co., Ltd. was founded in July 28, 2010 and is based in Fuzhou, China with an additional office in Beijing, China.

2. SDIC: http://www.sdic.com.cn/en/about/A0201index_1.htm
State-owned investment company. Since its establishment, SDIC continuously improves its development strategy, optimizes its assets composition, and has built its unique tri-pillared business framework that integrates industrial investment, financial services and state-owned assets management.
SDIC's industrial investment mainly goes to power generation, coal mining, ports and shipping, chemical fertilizer production and other infrastructure or resource-oriented fields as well as high-tech projects.

These guys are huge. $75 billion in total assets and $3 billion in registered capital.
SDIC had a registered capital of RMB 19.47 billion (USD 3 billion), RMB 495.5 billion (USD 75.4 billion) in total assets, RMB 772.2 billion (USD 117.5 billion) in the assets under management (AUM) in finance, and 74058 employees by the end of 2015. Its gross revenue and total profit in 2015 were RMB 104.2 billion (USD 15.9 billion) and RMB 16.5 billion (USD 2.5 billion) respectively.
Chairman: Wang Huisheng
1251164369724717-1276308000817645.jpg

3. Yonghong Li: About whom I was able to find nothing online.

It could be this guy: http://www.bloomberg.com/Research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=266179356&privcapId=40282576

What is obvious is that Chinese state players are involved.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Scrap the rest. Current #Official consortium members:

1. Haixia Capital: http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=262429210
Company Overview
Haixia Capital Management Co., Ltd. is a venture capital firm specializing in growth capital. It prefers to invest in infrastructure projects of Haixi Economic Zone, financial industry, infrastructure in Pingtan area, highway construction in Sanming area, acquiring mainland companies, acquiring chicken breeding and cultivating companies in France, and construction in Fuzhou and surrounded counties. Haixia Capital Management Co., Ltd. was founded in July 28, 2010 and is based in Fuzhou, China with an additional office in Beijing, China.

2. SDIC: http://www.sdic.com.cn/en/about/A0201index_1.htm
State-owned investment company. Since its establishment, SDIC continuously improves its development strategy, optimizes its assets composition, and has built its unique tri-pillared business framework that integrates industrial investment, financial services and state-owned assets management.
SDIC's industrial investment mainly goes to power generation, coal mining, ports and shipping, chemical fertilizer production and other infrastructure or resource-oriented fields as well as high-tech projects.

These guys are huge. $75 billion in total assets and $3 billion in registered capital.
SDIC had a registered capital of RMB 19.47 billion (USD 3 billion), RMB 495.5 billion (USD 75.4 billion) in total assets, RMB 772.2 billion (USD 117.5 billion) in the assets under management (AUM) in finance, and 74058 employees by the end of 2015. Its gross revenue and total profit in 2015 were RMB 104.2 billion (USD 15.9 billion) and RMB 16.5 billion (USD 2.5 billion) respectively.
Chairman: Wang Huisheng
1251164369724717-1276308000817645.jpg

3. Yonghong Li: About whom I was able to find nothing online.

It could be this guy: http://www.bloomberg.com/Research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=266179356&privcapId=40282576

What is obvious is that Chinese state players are involved.

tl;dr we fucking rich or not?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Is this the thread that's gonna be moved to the Official subforum later on?

If so, we need a name change. "Chinese Consortium" feels so distant, I think people can agree.

Also, IMO it shouldn't have the word "Chinese" in it (don't mind if it's a cool Chinese word though).

Please mods arrange thread name nominations and a poll in this thread please!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Comrade overlords.