The Final: Italy vs France

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I just want to say before the game, that whatever happens, I have to thank Lippi + the players + everyone who was involved, I always thought that they had the talent to make it to the semifinals, but after I saw how persistant were the journalists reminding the players about the calciopoli, I started to think that they were going to get eliminated pretty fast. Not to mention that 6 out of 10 of the analists that I saw before the WC started said that Italy was going to get eliminated in the first round, so basically they have done far more than what most people expected (and counting all the advercities), so before anything happens:

GRAZIE MILLE RAGAZZI!:star:

Also special mention to the French squad, who also suffered a lot of advercities to get to the final.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
FROM vani_pirlo_21's post . Pippo Inzaghi = secret weapon ??? hope so . :)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
red&black_fever said:
What time is kick off?

21.00 european time....since you live in australia you'll have to add 8 hours to get your time

05.00 your time :D i think

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
Yeh I am not sure if it is 5am or or 4am (the world cu[ site says 4). Either way I am fucked for school tomorrow:tongue:

Well let me ask this to try and figure it out, is it on the same time as last nights?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
red&black_fever said:
Yeh I am not sure if it is 5am or or 4am (the world cu[ site says 4). Either way I am fucked for school tomorrow:tongue:

Well let me ask this to try and figure it out, is it on the same time as last nights?
yeah it's at the same time.. :D
hey maybe the wc studio starts at 4am...it's like that here....the wc studio starts at 200.00 and the game starts at 21.00 :D

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeh we have the prelude stuff, but I really can't be bothered watching it.
4 am it is:D
Once I wake up there is no going back:tongue:

MilanEqualsLove

-.Mrs Nesta.-
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Inzaghi, Zlatan, Prince
Mates, the kickoff is at 20.00 here, and I'll be working from 13.00-20.00, and it takes me 45 minutes to get home..:( I'm so sad right now..:(
I hope some of my mates from work will switch times with me.. :cry:

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
yeah it's at the same time.. :D
hey maybe the wc studio starts at 4am...it's like that here....the wc studio starts at 200.00 and the game starts at 21.00 :D

just checked it...the kick-off is at 20.00 our time.. :eek: :eek:
since it's the final it's not at the same time as the game yesterday....so red&blackfever....it's at 4am your time....lol..i guess you already know :D :D ;)

good luck hely...hope you make it...

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
MilanEqualsLove said:
Mates, the kickoff is at 20.00 here, and I'll be working from 13.00-20.00, and it takes me 45 minutes to get home..:( I'm so sad right now..:(

call in to tell your manager that you're sick and cant go to work :tongue:

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
just checked it...the kick-off is at 20.00 our time.. :eek: :eek:
since it's the final it's not at the same time as the game yesterday....so red&blackfever....it's at 4am your time....lol..i guess you already know :D :D ;)

good luck hely...hope you make it...
Yep, Cheers for the heads up :beer:, well at least I don't have any tests at school tomorrow :tongue:
--------------------------
MilanEqualsLove said:

Dude can you seriously fake a sickie?

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanEqualsLove said:

hely..i agree with red&blackfever and milanista...fake a sickie...it's the finals damnit.....it comes once every four years... :D :eek: :eek:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Milanista said:
the match is 6 hours away and im getting excited !!

Me too..

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Milanista said:
the match is 6 hours away and im getting excited !!

Me too.

Please Azzurri, make our wish come true.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORZA ITALIA :star: :star: :star:

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
here are the reasons why i think italy is gonna win

1. the italians are younger + they have an extra day rest even when they played 30 mins extra. think about it , 30 mins extra isnt much. france has one day less to rest 24 hours.;)

2. barthez is probably gonna do some silly things again and the italians will use this opportunity to score :D

3. pesotto is seriously sick and this will motivate the italians to win EVEN MORE. when they win , the italians will probably dedicate their victory to him :proud: :)

4. revenge of the euro :mad:

5 the french are too old. if the match goes into extra time , the italians will have a major advantage. ;)

6. 11 goals with 10 different players. correct me if im wrong. this shows that that every individual has a chance to score for the azzurri. the french depend too much on zidane.

forza azzurri :star: :star: :star: + :star:
:proud:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista said:

1. the italians are younger + they have an extra day rest even when they played 30 mins extra. think about it , 30 mins extra isnt much. france has one day less to rest 24 hours.;)

2. barthez is probably gonna do some silly things again and the italians will use this opportunity to score :D

3. pesotto is seriously sick and this will motivate the italians to win EVEN MORE. when they win , the italians will probably dedicate their victory to him :proud: :)

5 the french are too old. if the match goes into extra time , the italians will have a major advantage. ;)

6. 11 goals with 10 different players. correct me if im wrong. this shows that that every individual has a chance to score for the azzurri. the french depend too much on zidane.

:star: :proud:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
I wish to see Pippo score and Gattuso strangle Lippi to death while celebrating ... <_<

Come Pirlo, Gila, Rino, Pippo .... :beer:

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
pipa said:
I wish to see Pippo score and Gattuso strangle Lippi to death while celebrating ... <_<

Come Pirlo, Gila, Rino, Pippo .... :beer:

uhmmm how about when gattuso himself scores ? what will he do ?? :D :star:

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Milanista said:
uhmmm how about when gattuso himself scores ? what will he do ?? :D :star:
Maybe the way he celebrates when scoring for Milan, with the fans.
Forza Azzuri... :star:

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
BoredGame said:
one word, Azzurri

Yes, 1 word Forza Azzurri :D

--

Others goto hell:o

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
any one knows whats the official first 11 for the italian team ?

ITALY = I Trust And Love You

ITALY = I Truely Always Love You

ITALY = I'm Thinking About Loving You

:proud: :proud:

Last edited:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
France - Italy (World Cup Final) Preview

Final: France v. Italy
When: 20.00 local, Sunday, July 9, 2006
Where: Berlin

Whether the 18th FIFA World Cup will be recalled with fondness or ambivalence largely depends on its defining match. Tonight’s final between European powers France and Italy offers a mediocre tournament a last chance of redemption.

Optimistically, the last major clash between the sides produced the best European Championship final in 24 years. France’s eventual and emotional 2-1 defeat of the Italians in Rotterdam won Euro 2000 in dramatic fashion and capped what remains international football’s best ever tournament.

While the football in Belgium and the Netherlands six years ago sparkled from first day to last, these World Cup finals have flattered to deceive. Even the French, the revelation of the knockout stages, have been hit and miss and have struggled at various junctures. While their supporters prefer to recall the glorious effervescent displays that beat Spain and Brazil, memories of Switzerland, South Korea, and Portugal are hard to shake.

That semi-final victory over the latter owed more to Portuguese fallibility than to French flair. The argument that France saved themselves for the final doesn’t wash. On the ropes awaiting a knockout blow, France were spared by Luis Felipe Scolari’s rejection of Nuno Gomes, the one player who could have added bite to a toothless Portuguese attack. Playing just one up front, Portugal had no cut to add to the undoubted thrust of their excellent midfield.

The talk too has all been about Zinedine Zidane’s impact on the tournament. Yet, he had less to say in the semi-final than fellow great Luis Figo. His well-dispatched penalty masked an ineffectual performance that was the lot of most French performers on the night. The question now is whether successive efforts against Spain and Brazil have taken too much from an ageing side.

The Italians, on the other hand, have been the most consistent side of these finals. An excellent opening performance took care of the lively Ghana, and while the Americans made a battle of their clash in Kaiserslautern, Italy recovered to see off the Czechs and Australia. All three of those games were blighted by red cards, artificially changing the dynamics at play, but clean victories over Ukraine and Germany add to the impression that the Azzurri are the best balanced side in world football.

In goal, Gianluigi Buffon has reached his peak and can now be acclaimed best goalkeeper in the world. Unlike the solid Jens Lehmann of Germany, Buffon has actually been called upon to make critical saves in preserving his run of clean sheets. Of course, it helps to have the tournament’s best defence in front of you.

Fabio Cannavaro has been the World Cup’s outstanding player, but has bad memories of his last meeting with France. With the clock ticking down to victory in Rotterdam, Cannavaro misread a high ball and inadvertently played Silvain Wiltord in for the heartbreaking equaliser. Minutes later he over-hit a pass to Demetrio Albertini, Robert Pires took advantage, and David Trezeguet buried the cross to snatch the trophy for France.

The absence of Alessandro Nesta is significant. His replacement, Marco Materazzi, has played well. However, his temperament is questionable and Italy are sure to miss the cooler Nesta when France turn up the heat. Thierry Henry, France’s lauded winger-cum-striker, has been known to maximise the impact of even fair challenges in this World Cup and will profit from any Materazzi uncertainty here.

For all their solidity in the centre, Italy’s defence is brilliantly marshalled down the flanks by this tournament’s outstanding full-back combination. While Germany’s Philipp Lahm rightly earned plaudits for his attacking swashbuckling displays, Fabio Grosso and Gianluca Zambrotta have been equally positive in attack and, in my view, superior defensively. That both scored critical goals in the last two knockout games says all anybody needs to know about Italian adventure.

Positive substitutions from coach Marcello Lippi helped overcome hosts Germany and signalled an adventurous intent lacking for six years. It’s no coincidence that Italy’s best displays of the last 30 years coincided with their most progressive and courageous football. Forced into attack in the second round of the 1982 World Cup, Italy found their feet in Spain and departed champions. Euro 2000 was the most recent example of the trend, though this summer’s exploits have continued it.

2006 FORM GUIDE:

France
v. Portugal (1-0)
v. Brazil (1-0)
v. Spain (3-1)
v. Togo (2-0)
v. South Korea (1-1)
v. Switzerland (0-0)

Italy
v. Germany (2-0, aet)
v. Ukraine (3-0)
v. Australia (1-0)
v. Czech Republic (2-0)
v. USA (1-1)
v. Ghana (2-0)

TEAM NEWS:

France (Possible): Barthez; Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal; Vieira, Makelele; Ribéry, Zidane, Malouda; Henry

Also in Squad: Landreau, Coupet, Boumsong, Givet, Chimbonda, Silvestre, A. Diarra, Dhorasoo, Govou, Trezeguet, Wiltord

Italy (Possible): Buffon; Zambrotta, F. Cannavaro, Materazzi, F. Grosso; Pirlo, Gattuso; Camoranesi, Perrotta; Totti; Toni

Also in Squad: Peruzzi, Amelia, Zaccardo, Barzagli, Oddo, Barone, De Rossi, F. Inzaghi, Del Piero, Iaquinta, Gilardino

PLAYERS TO WATCH:

Zinedine Zidane (France)

Whether he plays in the manner we’ve been accustomed to over the years or not, all eyes will be on the French master as he plays his final game in club or international football. To go out with two World Cup titles is scarcely comprehensible, but that’s the prize for Zizou if France prevail. The Italians know all about him from his sojourn at Juventus, but then he knows all about them too. A great player no matter the outcome, football will be all the poorer for his retirement. Zidane embodied individuality in the context of teamwork. A genius.

Francesco Totti (Italy)

Italy have progressed in spite of, rather than because of, Totti. For all his talent, Totti has rarely produced when it mattered. Temperamentally suspect, the Italians cannot afford a reappearance of the demons if they are to win tonight. The Roma man has a lot to prove and tonight will be the game that defines him.

PREDICTION:

France have the mentality of proven winners. Italy have the talent and verve. If the Azzurri turn up and approach the game as they have in recent rounds, their perfect blend of youth and experience will give them the critical edge. Any stereotypical bottling, however, and France will be in raptures tonight. Having said that, the evidence suggests a fourth crown for Italy. 10 players have scored their 11 goals in this tournament, and with a coach emphasising the need to attack at the expense of cowering conservatism, I expert a refulgent Italy to win the 18th FIFA World Cup in a manner reminiscent of their third triumph in Madrid 24 years ago. Italy 3-1 France.

goal.com

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Milanista said:

FORZA ITALIA :proud: :proud:

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia||| |||Italia|||

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Officail Line-Ups

Italy:
Buffon
Zambrotta
Cannavaro
Materazzi
Grosso
Camoranesi
Perrotta
Pirlo
Gattuso
Totti