Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Yeah, Jersey boy! :star:

Btw, the pitch looks terrible.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Rossi is awesome!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Malaga 1-1 Villarreal ht
Duda tied it in the 29'.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Lisa said:
Malaga 1-1 Villarreal ht
Duda tied it in the 29'.

And I think Llorente scored a 2nd... to put Villarreal back in the lead... 1-2...

And Atletico is up 2... after goals by Heitinga and Forlan...

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yep, Llorente scored the second one; I hope Altidore see some time today.

Nevermind, Jozy's not even on the bench today. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
fabulous training ground free kick goal by barcelona.
with them like this, valencia has no chance of winning the title. it was an okay weekend till barcelona starting winning this game.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Real Madrid have announced that sporting director Predrag Mijatovic will hold a press conference at the Bernabeu on Monday evening as speculation over the future of coach Bernd Schuster intensified.

Is time running out for Bernd Schuster?

The German coach watched his Madrid side lose 1-0 to Real Valladolid at the weekend - their third loss in four games - as arch-rivals Barcelona opened up a three-point gap at the top of La Liga.

Last week the Primera Liga champions suffered an embarrassing exit from the Copa del Rey at the hands of Segunda B's Real Union and the Spanish media claimed he could well be sacked if Madrid lost against Valladolid.

Fans and media alike will be eager to hear what news is divulged at the hastily scheduled presser, which is due to start 18.00 (UK).

Spanish daily AS claim that Schuster's decision to give his players two days off after the defeat at the Estadio Jose Zorrilla has infuriated club president Ramon Calderon, who has detailed Real chiefs Mijatovic and Miguel Angel Portugal to seek out potential replacements.

The newspaper also predicts that Roberto Mancini, Victor Fernandez or Real Madrid youth team coach Michel could take control before Saturday's match with Recreativo Huelva.

Club captain Raul Gonzalez has insisted that all the club's players are 100 per cent behind their under-fire manager but rumours of unrest have been rife for a number weeks.

"It is a lie to say that we are not behind the coach," said Raul. "Of course we are all with him. There is no problem there."

However, Madrid golden-boy Jose Maria Guti and defender Sergio Ramos have been critical of the abrasive German in interviews.

Unpopular Schuster appears to have found the pressure at the Bernabeu difficult to cope with and has become increasingly curt during his post-match dealings with the press.

"You cannot think as a coach because you're a journalist," Schuster recently snapped at one hack. "You have to accept what I tell you. It is very easy to understand."

Schuster, who represented Barcelona and Real Madrid as a player, won the Primera Liga title in his first season at Los Blancos last term.
espnsoccernet

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
fabulous training ground free kick goal by barcelona.
with them like this, valencia has no chance of winning the title. it was an okay weekend till barcelona starting winning this game.

Duh! I already told you from the start of the season that it was just a matter of time before either Real or Barca kick their ass. Just give it another 2-3 months and they will be behind Real as well...;)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Stay of execution for Schuster at Real Madrid

Speculation over the future of coach Schuster had intensified after a 1-0 to Real Valladolid at the weekend - their third loss in four games - as arch-rivals Barcelona opened up a three-point gap at the top of La Liga.

Mijatovic, whose own relationship with Schuster has been the subject of tittle-tattle among the Spanish press, sought to head the rumours off at the pass as the nine-time European champions struggle for form.

The Serbian former striker rubbished the speculation, saying he was "fully confident" in his coach. "We have one of the best squads in the world and I am convinced that we can finish the year with a title," he said.

"We have only played 11 games in the league and we are close to the top. We have total faith in our coach. We are all very happy with him. In recent games we have done as we have wished. Not only us, but him as well.

"We want to transmit calm and confidence to the fans."

After being beaten home and away by Juventus in the Champions League, last week saw the Primera Liga champions suffering an embarrassing exit from the Copa del Rey at the hands of Segunda B's Real Union and Spanish media claimed he could well be sacked if Madrid lost against Valladolid.

Spanish daily AS claimed that Schuster's decision to give his players two days off after the defeat at the Estadio Jose Zorrilla has infuriated club president Ramon Calderon, who has detailed Real chiefs Mijatovic and Miguel Angel Portugal to seek out potential replacements.

Roberto Mancini, Victor Fernandez or Real Madrid youth team coach Michel were all supposed to be in the frame should Schuster be given his cards.

Club captain Raul Gonzalez had insisted that all the club's players are 100 per cent behind their under-fire manager but rumours of unrest have been rife for a number weeks.

"It is a lie to say that we are not behind the coach," said Raul. "Of course we are all with him. There is no problem there."

However, Madrid golden-boy Guti and defender Sergio Ramos have been critical of the abrasive German in recent interviews.

Schuster, who represented Barcelona and Real Madrid as a player, won the Primera Liga title in his first season at Los Blancos last term.
espnsoccernet

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Well the fact that Ruud is out for like six months, it could put Madrid's chance at the title at serious risk. Ruud was their best striker last season (after Raul)... scoring in all the important games.

I think that his injury probably is going to push Schuster out faster.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
barca are raping every team in their way

etoo 16 goals :o
messi 12 goals and 8 assists
xavi 6
henry 5
gudjohnsen 3
marquez 2

:conf:
what is this man????????

tis team is just becoming a dream team, just want to see their performance in the knock out stages of cl.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Ashish said:
barca are raping every team in their way

etoo 16 goals :o
messi 12 goals and 8 assists
xavi 6
henry 5
gudjohnsen 3
marquez 2

:conf:
what is this man????????

tis team is just becoming a dream team, just want to see their performance in the knock out stages of cl.
theyll probably lose to whoresanal or something, and then well hear about the everything orgasming over how the 4th place team in epl is better than the team topping the spanish league.

i hope they face chelsea,whore,manure,and cesspool in successive knockout rounds, and fuck each one of them 6-0.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
theyll probably lose to whoresanal or something, and then well hear about the everything orgasming over how the 4th place team in epl is better than the team topping the spanish league.

i hope they face chelsea,whore,manure,and cesspool in successive knockout rounds, and fuck each one of them 6-0.

They would probably beat us, so I hope not. There 'possession' style really hurts our 'counter attacking' style. Chelsea would be there worst opponents IMO as Drogba would batter Barca's defenders.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
radioactivenerd said:

LOL :D hope they knock out printer also

manure is hopeless last year with that rotting barca team they played shit(all for we play beautiful football or we dont come to the ground), and need zambrottas assist. this year etoo will kill them

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eto'o was on form last year ;) 16 goals in 18 games or something like that. as was Iniesta.

It was the defence + Henry who were hopeless for them.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we will see how Barcelona is strong when they face some serious teams, forget that patetico 6:1 crap...3 goals in 10 min, lol...would like to see that again

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
manutd fan said:
Eto'o was on form last year ;) 16 goals in 18 games or something like that. as was Iniesta.

That was in La Liga. In the CL he was awful. 1 goal from 7 games. This season he already has 3 goals from 4 games.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:

Well that's more of fantasy as they might not even play each other.. Want some reality? They will kick and bury Whorelancia's ass :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:

wow didnt realise there was that much hate in me. blame the morning lack of coffee :D

but yeah i do think another barca - manu game will end up favouring barca. the sort of form they are in, they are pretty much unstoppable. I doubt well see that though. That would be a great final though - it would be an open attacking game between currently two of the best teams in the world. Although i cant handle manu winning again - no offence manufan :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
wow didnt realise there was that much hate in me. blame the morning lack of coffee :D

but yeah i do think another barca - manu game will end up favouring barca. the sort of form they are in, they are pretty much unstoppable. I doubt well see that though. That would be a great final though - it would be an open attacking game between currently two of the best teams in the world. Although i cant handle manu winning again - no offence manufan :D

None taken :) If it was a final then I'm sure it would be a great game, but from a neutrals point of view a Manutd - Barca match but be the worst in a 2 legged affair. Take last year for e.g, we practised for weeks in training with a really attacking formation with Hargreaves being the one who defended - so he was the main peice to it all, but then he was forced to play RB so we had to change our tactics at the last minute and well, we all know how much of a dissapointment the matches were.

The weird thing about me and Barca is that when they aren't doing well I begin to like them. From around 2000 - 2004 they were one of my faviorite teams, but then once they reached a really high level in 2006 I started to go off them for some reason.

I suppose you could call me a 'glory avoider' when it comes to Barca.

I think they've got this years league in the bag though. Madrids defence is just rediculously poor and Valencia and Atheltico aren't good enough to finish top after 38 games.

Wet Ones said:
That was in La Liga. In the CL he was awful. 1 goal from 7 games. This season he already has 3 goals from 4 games.

Fair enough, but weren't 2 or 3 of those games used as a way to get Eto'o back to fitness?

FWIW I think an on form Eto'o is an improved version of Torres. He's awesome IMO. I love Iniesta and Xavi aswell - they are rediculously underrated in England.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
manutd fan said:

What has happened to Henry? It's like he's a totally changed player. He was practically a left winger that cut inside at Arsenal. At Barca he seems to play abit more in the box.

Either he's told to do that or he's lost what made him one of the best players in the world. Seems to of lost the touch and that pace he once had. Pity he was an amazing player to watch at his best. Even if i hated him.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Villareal only unbeaten team in Europe! :tongue:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Duh! I already told you from the start of the season that it was just a matter of time before either Real or Barca kick their ass. Just give it another 2-3 months and they will be behind Real as well...;)
Lol, yeah but that was your usual baseless rant. i guess if valencia were marketed a bit heavier in asia, you might have been a fan of them as well along with manure. :tongue:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Well that's more of fantasy as they might not even play each other.. Want some reality? They will kick and bury Whorelancia's ass :D
Another little bit of reality - you need lessons in the art of merging dirty words with teams, cos that attempt really sucked! :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
Another little bit of reality - you need lessons in the art of merging dirty words with teams, cos that attempt really sucked! :D

Valen-Whore sounds identical :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Valen-Whore sounds identical :D
ROFL....
"Menon pays attention in class, but his work has shown NO IMPROVEMENT!!!!":D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
How about Vaginacia ? :rolleyes:
sorry folks, Valencia just doesnt have a name thats as conducive to this game as the copyrighted
Whoresanal©
Agbonlawhore©
Dogbra©
or Imahomobitch©.

:o:D:tongue:

Schedule