Lucas Paquetá Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
cousin Ray Ray who lives out in Milano tells me he sees Paqueta frequent the nightclubs and not leave until early in the mornings, intoxicated.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Are we supposed to believe a cousin named "Ray Ray"?

In regards to Paqueta - he's not Brazilian enough, some weird hybrid.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What bothers me about Paqueta and also just the entire team honestly, is that he doesn’t fight through contact at all. Don’t get me wrong, the way he slows down the game combined with his quick feet, he’s always going to be a player fouled frequently. But he looks for fouls rather than trying to actually play the game sometimes.

A lot of our team does that and it’s SO frustrating. Our build up play has been lethargic for years and it doesn’t help with there’s so many fouls. And fouls are a bigger part of the game in Italy than some other countries, but the players have no urgency to play through any contact ever. Chances are sometimes ruined bc someone goes down way too easy, or they do get clearly fouled but only because they literally turned their body to anticipate contact from the defender. Jack does that a lot too, really so many of our attackers do. Knowing how to win fouls is valuable and there’s a time and place for that. But when the whole team is consistently looking for fouls, it slows the game down to a halt, takes away any momentum we might have built, and on top of that we’re not a super dangerous team at set pieces.

Jack, Hakan, Suso, Paqueta, Piatek(awful at this), Samu(he’s just weak), all play so soft every game. Paqueta and Piatek have good frames especially, no reason for them to play like that. But relating this back to Paqueta, I remember reading out Brazil that he had good hold up play and good strength for a player of his style. I think he does, he just doesn’t care to ride contact and advance the ball. He almost intentionally puts himself in spots where he can win a foul, rather than just move the ball quickly. Also about Paqueta, I think he is, or could be a good player, but he needs a coach to kick him in the ass. If he was with Conte or Simeone, he’d either A) not buy into the hard work, get dropped and fade into nobody or B) buy into the system, stop being a pussy, and use his natural talent and longer frame to be a good player.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is this true Goodfella?

Yes it it's true that I have a cousin named Ray Ray.

Nah, couldn't resist referencing Senatore_M84's cousin's observations in the Milano nightlife. You missed a great chapter of RnB history.

I do think Paqueta wasn't completely sober against Sampdoria.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Paqueta asked to not be called for the game against Brescia.

I take this as officiality for him to be a cocaine addict

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3H7wFh9.png

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I had very high hopes for him.

He needs to grow up. Find a proper woman, put the computer games aside and learn italian and english so that he can acclimatize himself in the real world :o

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Dedication and sacrificion is the only way to greatness no matter where he ends up. If he's pleased with an half-assed effort he can spend his youth and potential together with other troublemakers at PSG.

I'm still not ready to give up on him though. The chances he's been given really are too few

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I take this as officiality for him to be a cocaine addict
Too late. We started running with alcoholic already before he made the request.
He started in all of Pioli's first 6 games in charge back when he was deploying a 4141/3241.

He was wasteful and his flashes of brilliance didn't yield into anything other than some Twitter gifs.
However I do think I saw some slight improvements at the end of that run. He played his one and only full game in what became his last start of the year, which suggested he had finally learned to last a whole game. Then he got benched against Parma, which took me by surprise, however we won that away game and also the following one against Bologna. It seemed to be a correct call because those were our two best performances of the season and gave Pioli two much needed wins. He's been given a few cameos since then, where he basically showed he doesn't give a fuck. I'm pretty sure he was drunk when he came on against Sampdoria. It also wouldn't surprise me if he got benched against Parma for disciplinary reasons.

Last night was the first time he looked like cared, since he got dropped. Perhaps he has realized that PSG won't make an acceptable offer?
Here's hoping that he adapts, although I think it will be veery hard to make him fit in a 4-4-2. But this is Milan, we'll be back to a 3 man midfield as soon as we hit a setback with the 4-4-2.
or is this famous Birsaforever seer vision?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Leo will wait till the last 3 days before he makes his move. I still have hope that we would be able to sell him this month.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Unsettling Paqueta in the last days of the mercato and then betting the farm on a deal under beneficial conditions would be an archetypal Leonardo manoeuvre. The quintessential pantomime villain.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leo will wait till the last 3 days before he makes his move. I still have hope that we would be able to sell him this month.

He tried to low ball Maldini last summer and failed. I don't think Leonardo is as smart as he thinks he is. We should loan Paqueta and sell him to the highest bidder in the summer.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He tried to low ball Maldini last summer and failed. I don't think Leonardo is as smart as he thinks he is. We should loan Paqueta and sell him to the highest bidder in the summer.

His value is only going to drop, unless he accepts a loan move to Genoa or something and shines like Suso did once.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Unsettling Paqueta in the last days of the mercato and then betting the farm on a deal under beneficial conditions would be an archetypal Leonardo manoeuvre. The quintessential pantomime villain.

Oh Paqueta has been unsettled months ago by Leo I think. But I agree with brk that Leo isn’t as smart as he thinks he is. Most of his ‘machiavellian’ moves have failed, notably the Inter move.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's the type of player that should spend his entire career in Brasileiro Série A.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
everyone expect more but paq barely played by last 2 months.
meantime bona is regular starter for a reason nobody knows.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
everyone expect more but paq barely played by last 2 months.
meantime bona is regular starter for a reason nobody knows.

Bona is starting due to absentees and also because he is a more dependable goalscorer than even some of our forwards.

Pioli gave Paqueta 6 consecutive starts and he didn't deliver.
The team only started picking up points when Paqueta was removed from the lineup. Then he made himself unavailable.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bona is starting due to absentees and also because he is a more dependable goalscorer than even some of our forwards.

The team only started picking up points when Paqueta was removed from the lineup. Then he made himself unavailable.

What was the reason for Pioli to play Suso every match?
Hakan-Piatek-Suso had no alternative in Pioli's eyes, meanwhile we scored 16 goals in 18 games.

I'll answer. He is just stubborn. Paqueta not playing for the same reason

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What was the reason for Pioli to play Suso every match?

He benched Suso against SPAL. Then Samu got injured against Lazio and also Rebic. Suso was back in the lineup due to a lack of options, and he remained there when Samu returned because the team had achieved back to back wins during that time. Pioli preferred to not make changes since the team was finally getting 3 points and we needed some stability.
He benched him a second and final time after the Atalanta and Sampdoria disasters.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

so why piatek and suso were sold first if paq in starting 11 was a reason of bad results :lol:

Schedule