The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky - Milan, no renewal for Bonaventura: we go towards Jack's farewell at the end of the season

I've been waiting for this for years :lol:

The problem with buying CHEAP talents is that there is a reason for them to be cheap. These players will either be very young or will be far away from being consistent performers. Milan can't afford to field players that are not ready for the big football. The pressure and the fans will kill them just like Paqueta

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who is to say Rangnick wouldn't chase some higher priced players? He's never really been in a situation like Milan to chase higher caliber players in his previous clubs.

Because we don't have finances to buy high caliber players and pay their wages.
They want Rangnick in the first place, because he buys cheap players.
It means they decided on the strategy and want right person for it. Not the other way around.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Please no to Emery.

Nothing of a manager.

Agreed. I'd rather just bring Rangnick as SD and keep Pioli for the time being than bring in Emery...

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Milan will attempt to sign Sandro Tonali and Gianluca Scamacca in the summer. Contacts have been confirmed, for Tonali the competition is stiff@AntoVitiello

Tonali would be great, and is my top hope for us this summer. He's a milan guy and could help lead our midfield for a decade if bought now. Really hoping this goes through :star:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan will attempt to sign Sandro Tonali and Gianluca Scamacca in the summer. Contacts have been confirmed, for Tonali the competition is stiff@AntoVitiello
AntoVitiello isn't even the worst source around so... Let's dream?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes let dream

Scamacca and Tonali would be awesome.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because we don't have finances to buy high caliber players and pay their wages.
They want Rangnick in the first place, because he buys cheap players.
It means they decided on the strategy and want right person for it. Not the other way around.

No one knows that.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes let dream

Scamacca and Tonali would be awesome.

These 2 will easily cost 55+ m. Not sure whether we want to burn so much money on 2 kids...

Since Boban is gone, Maldini has been in isolation, Gazidis is working his stuff, Freddy is invisible, who is 'negotiating' and 'calling' the agents? Almstad?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
These 2 will easily cost 55+ m. Not sure whether we want to burn so much money on 2 kids...

Since Boban is gone, Maldini has been in isolation, Gazidis is working his stuff, Freddy is invisible, who is 'negotiating' and 'calling' the agents? Almstad?

If we are going for a kids squad like Arsenal, then these two kids would be good.

Ricky Massara is the one who does all the negotiations.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
50m on two talented kids is not a big money in today's football. They can cost at least triple more in several years.

But tbh, I'm kinda sceptic about Tonali. Maybe I just pick wrong games but in most cases he didn't really impress me, even if it's not doubtful that he's talented kid.

I didn't watch Scamacca but he's even more risky... but if Ralf thinks that they're good, I'll believe him.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Braida: “I try not to comment on Milan’s situation now, but I will say that Rangnick is a coach to be respected. He is an innovator and likes to work with young players.”

Rangnick would be given sole powers over both picking the team and the players, as he’d be coach and director of sport.

“If you want to work with players and then trade them to buy new ones, Rangnick is suited to that. If you work to win, then it’s a different project entirely.”

Imagine signing Tonali and then selling him for profit 2 years later...

3vxb1g.jpg

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ragnick doesnt mean we will sell the players off later, what we need is for him to get us quality on the cheap as we can't afford to spend on established players with inflated prices.

If he gets us a young team thats competing with the other top clubs I don't see us just selling them off.

And im finally free, i got banned for a month for absolutely no reason.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
“If you want to work with players and then trade them to buy new ones, Rangnick is suited to that. If you work to win, then it’s a different project entirely.”

PleasantColossalItalianbrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you want to work with players and then trade them to buy new ones, Rangnick is suited to that. If you work to win, then it’s a different project entirely.
RB Leipzig 3rd in bundesliga and have beaten TTH in 1/16 CL.
If this is the type of project Rangnick is suited to, I'll take it

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
RB Leipzig 3rd in bundesliga and have beaten TTH in 1/16 CL.
If this is the type of project Rangnick is suited to, I'll take it

That just means that Rangnick is better off working for a team like Genoa, not Milan.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
That just means that Rangnick is better off working for a team like Genoa, not Milan.

Always a joy to hear the forum experts. It doesn't make any sense what you're saying. He made Leipzig to a team that's performing on a way better level than Milan. We have to get rid of the idea that we're still a big club. Yes the foundation is still there, the fans, the name, the trophies, but that's it. We are on our way to another decade of failure and embarrassment. New generation kids these days don't even have a clue Milan was once a big team. They think football has always been dominated the likes of City and other plastic clubs.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Tonali is a must for this team. He’s my number one on my wish list. Bennacer and Tonali in the centre of the pitch with a destroyer like Bakayoko would be immense.

Hopefully Zlatan stays to mentor Leao who I think will explode next season, along with Rebic who still has a year left on his loan. Our attack should be more than fine for next season imo, we need to spend on the midfield and defence next window. Sign a promising RB along with a centre back (I’d love Silva on a free and to sign a promising CB for him to mentor).

Donnarumma, RB, CB, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Tonali, Bennacer, Bakayoko, Castillejo, Ibra, Leao in a 4-3-3. Rebic as super sub.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tonali is a must for this team. He’s my number one on my wish list. Bennacer and Tonali in the centre of the pitch with a destroyer like Bakayoko would be immense.

Hopefully Zlatan stays to mentor Leao who I think will explode next season, along with Rebic who still has a year left on his loan. Our attack should be more than fine for next season imo, we need to spend on the midfield and defence next window. Sign a promising RB along with a centre back (I’d love Silva on a free and to sign a promising CB for him to mentor).

Donnarumma, RB, CB, Romagnoli, Hernandez, Tonali, Bennacer, Bakayoko, Castillejo, Ibra, Leao in a 4-3-3. Rebic as super sub.

That’s a mid table team.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Rangnick doesn't mean becoming a farmer club. Buying low and selling non essential players or sometimes important players but at a high price is just how you have to operate under FFP if A) you don't have a sugar daddy skirting the rules or B) don't have insane commercial revenue.

We don't have TV money, our commercial revenue is down, we don't sell many tickets and they're considerably cheaper than Prem tickets, Serie A TV money is not comparable to Prem money.

What way to generate income in a timely manner is left? Selling players at a profit.

The sooner you come to terms to it, the better. If we get back near the top, this change but until then, we have to settle for this.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
That’s a mid table team.

That’s what we’re gonna be for another season or two. We have to accept that and build for future, that’s why we’re going with Rangnick simple as that.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
50m on two talented kids is not a big money in today's football. They can cost at least triple more in several years.

But tbh, I'm kinda sceptic about Tonali. Maybe I just pick wrong games but in most cases he didn't really impress me, even if it's not doubtful that he's talented kid.

I didn't watch Scamacca but he's even more risky... but if Ralf thinks that they're good, I'll believe him.

Tonali has what it takes to be successful long term and he has some real character especially for a youngster. The dude's got it

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
In a post-covid era, a director like Rangnick would make a lot of sense. In general, the overall Milan strategy under Elliott would be one of the least affected ones in Serie A.

Things are simply not going to be the same anymore. Not transfer fees, not wages, not expenditure of any kind.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Standart Liege will be moved to amateur football due to financial issues.
Their players will probably be free agents. Anyone interesting?

MilanCampeador

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Standart Liege will be moved to amateur football due to financial issues.
Their players will probably be free agents. Anyone interesting?

Nah, they'll appeal to the BAS and probably get their license. Financial issues will remain though, so they will have to sell.
The only one worth looking at would be Vanheusden, but Inter have an option to buy him back.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, they'll appeal to the BAS and probably get their license. Financial issues will remain though, so they will have to sell.
The only one worth looking at would be Vanheusden, but Inter have an option to buy him back.

That option is only until the end of this season, right?

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

Need goals from midfield, that midfield would be lucky to score 5 between them for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule