The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Igli Tare said he has a SMS-type of signing on his mind
Next thing you know - some guys on Twitter going nuts that he already signed Szoboszlai

Am I missing something?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope he stays too.
I disagree that he struggles to adapt to EU football as he did well under Rino. After Rino we have had two coaches who can’t seem to extract anything out him of him (and other players)

Let’s see what the future holds for Paqueta.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jean-Clair Todibo will return to Barcelona in the summer after Schalke opted not to execute the 25 million euro purchase option they had on the centre-back.

They'd rather steal our next target

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Louis Girardi - #Rangnick and #GordonSinger have already spoken through a video conference. Confirmed technical staff, market budget, purchases, disposals and renewals for some players. #Rangnick's not working for #RedBull anymore. The new #Milan is already at work.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Louis Girardi - #Rangnick and #GordonSinger have already spoken through a video conference. Confirmed technical staff, market budget, purchases, disposals and renewals for some players. #Rangnick's not working for #RedBull anymore. The new #Milan is already at work.

I am pretty sure this is right as literally everything points towards this. The problem is that we will have to wait 2 months before the official announcement

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I still think it is a good idea to give Paqueta a chance under Ralf. The guy is a fine player (skillset, vision, etc) who struggles to adapt to European football. What I like about him is that he is a hard worker. He actually seems like a very Ralf profile - young, skillful, quick feet, etc. His problem is his joga bonito mentality but that can change under the right tutelage...

Now whats the problem with "joga bonito" mentality? We seriously lack joga bonito ever since robinho left.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Di Canio: "Rangnick? I don't understand why Milan have to beg him to come. Absurd situation"
Paolo's not been watching modern Milan.

It's this kind of attitude for the last couple of years that brought us in this mess. We are the almighty Milan, among biggest in the world, 7 CL titles, brought many legends, blablabla, but in reality, today we are garbage and haven't played in CL for more than 5 years. New generation kids think City is a giant compared to us. Last European memory was fucking Moscow sending us home from EL group rounds. Maybe it's time to put our pride a bit aside until we're a club again that actually matters. Players choosing Schalke over us is a fact.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now whats the problem with "joga bonito" mentality? We seriously lack joga bonito ever since robinho left.

It's just too much from him. I like tricky players, but his unnessecary touches and holding the ball for too long is worthless. If he sticks to fast release of the ball, hard work and quick passes he may become a great player.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's just too much from him. I like tricky players, but his unnessecary touches and holding the ball for too long is worthless. If he sticks to fast release of the ball, hard work and quick passes he may become a great player.

Well said! Rangnick likes a super fast tempo, from getting possession to taking a shot on goal within 8-10. With Paqueta those 8-10 seconds are gone just with him holding his foot on the ball.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Based on rumours this is what Ralf would try to get:
Defense: Ajer/Milenkovic, Kouassi and Dumfries
Mids: Szoboszlai and Florentino
Attack: Jovic

These 6 players + Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Samu and Rebic should be the core of the new Milan.

And Ralf and Moncada will probably bring 3-4 kids from France for peanuts.

All sound great to be honest except for Dumfries, who for some reason does not convince me (only youtube, though). Looks fine in attack, but kinda clumsy and I have serious doubts on his defensive qualities, but again, I have watched only youtube, so someone with actual observations may think the opposite.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

These 6 players + Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Samu and Rebic should be the core of the new Milan.

All sound great to be honest except for Dumfries, who for some reason does not convince me (only youtube, though). Looks fine in attack, but kinda clumsy and I have serious doubts on his defensive qualities, but again, I have watched only youtube, so someone with actual observations may think the opposite.

I think another winger could also come. If they can get a good deal than Sabitzer would be amazing! Otherwise someone lower priced like Paulinho.

Maybe another fwd as well like Boadu or Donyell Malen. It depends on Ibra and also how well Leao does in the remaining matches.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

Maybe one of these 4 kids will become a 40-50M target after 2-3 years, that's how we should do business these days

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
But it's shit that none of them will be here before September and new season. Zero days for summer preparation.

And we expected new coach and at least 4-5 changes in first XI.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But it's shit that none of them will be here before September and new season. Zero days for summer preparation.

And we expected new coach and at least 4-5 changes in first XI.

Is this reliable information?
It doesn't make any sense. Why close window before new season and open after it starts?
Can't think of any logical explanation

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Nothing official but that's the plan, we'll see. Probably because they have plan to play CL/EL games in August.

It's terrible for us because of Ralf and new players we expected to have.

Btw, fucking Duarte is injured again and will be out for over a month. What a waste of money. :fp:

MilanCampeador

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Belgian media reporting that Lille OSC is close to taking over Moeskroen, a Belgian first division club. They will use it as a feeder club for some of their talents. First step towards establishing a hierarchy of clubs after the Red Bull model, given that Lille is also owned by Elliott?

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Belgian media reporting that Lille OSC is close to taking over Moeskroen, a Belgian first division club. They will use it as a feeder club for some of their talents. First step towards establishing a hierarchy of clubs after the Red Bull model, given that Lille is also owned by Elliott?
Seems that Elliott care more about Lillle than Milan...lol

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso is in mourning after his sister Francesca died at the age of 37, having been in intensive care since February.

Sorry for yr loss, Gattuso family.

Dena

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sky Italia are reporting that Leo Duarte will be out for 3-4 weeks due to an injury sustained in training today.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this is right as literally everything points towards this. The problem is that we will have to wait 2 months before the official announcement

My guess is July 1st or sooner

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Seems that Elliott care more about Lillle than Milan...lol
Elliott has no control over lille, they loaned them money and I believe they paid a big portion of it through pepe & leao transfers.

Lille president said the elliott loan does not give them control stake at lille.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Juve and Inter are probably not that interested in Tonali. I know that Ausilio said Tonali was an "Inter player" or whatever, but I don't see why they would need him; Inter have so many CMs. Juve, as well, and while they might get rid of some of them, there's still too many.

My sense is that Milan might have put forward the most concrete interest, and Cellino is trying to correct his mistake by saying he'd do whatever Tonali wanted, which seems to lower his leverage considerably.

I don't know if Rangnick wants him, and I have become impressed with Tonali as the season has progressed--initially I just saw him for what he was: a young kid in Serie A for the first time--but he's grown on me and has grown into his role.

I think Belotti would be a great fit for what Rangnick does, if Ibra doesn't stay, I think he'd be a great option, for a reasonable fee. I will say, we're still being linked with Scamacca, and from what I've seen of him, I love the way he plays. He really reminds me of Ibra, but, who knows, he'll probably be the next Robert Acquafresca.

I also hope we can take that Kouassi kid from PSG, it'd be so nice to give a nice middle finger to them. I look at that team and I feel like a lot of what they do is what Milan should/would've been since 2012.

Juve definitely dont have too many midfielders. They have Matuidi, Pjanic, Bentancur, Ramsey, and Rabiot. Khedira is crooked and hardly ever plays. They want to get rid of Pjanic and Rabiot which lrsbrs them with 3 midfielders.

Inter have midfielders but no one to play in front of the defence. They play Brozovic there but he sucks at it - constantly loses the ball, lack of concentration, no strength to make up for it.

I get the feeling that Tonali doesnt want Mikan or Roma (also rumoured) - I get the feeling he only wants Juventus or Inter.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve definitely dont have too many midfielders. They have Matuidi, Pjanic, Bentancur, Ramsey, and Rabiot. Khedira is crooked and hardly ever plays. They want to get rid of Pjanic and Rabiot which lrsbrs them with 3 midfielders.

Inter have midfielders but no one to play in front of the defence. They play Brozovic there but he sucks at it - constantly loses the ball, lack of concentration, no strength to make up for it.

I get the feeling that Tonali doesnt want Mikan or Roma (also rumoured) - I get the feeling he only wants Juventus or Inter.

6 midfielders is not many? Lets see if they manage to sell Rabiot and Pjanic first. It seems no one is stupid enough to pay what they want for them, so they tried exchange Pjanic with Arthur and Jorginho, and Rabiot with Pogba. For me it's so hard to imagine that they rely on 20 years player to lead their midfield. I saw rumours about Pogba, Arthur, Aouar, Jorginho. As for Tonali they probably see him as a player for future.

About Inter:
their midfield right now:
Brozovic, Sensi, Gagliardini,Barella,Vecino,Valero(contract expires I think),
Eriksen, Radja, Joao Mario. They'll offload most of them of course, still worth mentioning how amazing their scounting and management:lol:
More relevant, who said that Tonali is better than Brozovic in front of defense? Much likelier scenario is that Brozovic will bench him. I'm sure he will find a lot of space, but don't expect him to play every game.

I think Milan and Roma would be no less attractive destinations for him than printer and jube. But Milan and Roma can't afford to pay as much

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Rube have many midfielders but in reality everyone besides Pjanić are rubbish and at least half of them will leave. And even Pjanić is kinda in meh form for a long time.

So, I can see that they'll go for Tonali.

Honestly, I can't understand crying over Tonali because I find him to be a little bit overrated. :o
Ralf for a reason want Florentino over him and I'll choose to believe in his decisions. :o If he think that he's better or just better fit for team (or combination of both), idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule