Alessio Romagnoli Thread

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Is #13 confirmed?
If so, this finally solves the issue of whose Jersey to get in this year's away colours.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
I hate comparisons but it's already too late so

at the same age:

CMCWNAFUsAESZSq.png:large

Still no comparison.. Comparison to Nesta should be illegal :o

latest

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
romagnoli seems to have a good tackle and good reading but he does appear a tad slow. Nothing like Acerbi slowness though.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I see no evidence of 'slowness' at all. Where do you see him slow?

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Welcome! Hope he will do well here. Lot of pressure though

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also, is he expected to be the next U-21 Azzurri captain? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere a long time back..

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gabrielle Marcotti was asked on Twitter who he rates higher between Romagnoli and Rugani and he replied "Romagnoli probably better rounded/bigger upside."

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Everyone's hoping they are the next Nesta Cannavaro..

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
So much pressure on this kid but hey, we'll see if he can handle it in the next few seasons and after a few seasons we should know if we have a star on our hands or not. Best of luck romagnoli!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If he is as good as Nesta, I think we'll know it pretty soon. All this increment growth is valid for lesser talents only.

Wrath

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How is he compared with Varane/Marquinhos/Laporte?

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I think if he keeps his Samp level for the coming season that will be great . He is 20,he has a long way to go for before he stops improving but I think he needs to placed next to a very good player or atleast have someone like Nesta/Stam/Maldini to guide him.
Also,given all the comparisons , he seems more Stam than Nesta by the videos.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
His floor is capable Serie A starter capable of playing CB and LB. His ceiling is world class defender.

We said the same thing for De Sciglio.

So happy. By far my favourite deal of the summer.
This dude has a legitimate chance to be a Milan starter for a decade

I truly hope you're right, haven't seen you overhype a player or go with the flow RnB mentality because something is trendy, so hearing you say this makes me feel better about our chances (and his).

So what's the official fee without bonuses ?
The official fee is 25 mill. Some rumors say that there is a 5mill bonus tied exclusively to us winning Serie A next year, and some rumors say that there is no bonux, but if we sell Romagnoli in the future for a higher fee than 25 mill, Roma will get a percentage.

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Can we compare him to TS33 from Fluminese?

Being superficial, but I don't like the look of tattoos haha. Like Nesta was very classy/professional, no tatts etc. Messi has a sleeve on his arm and leg - it just doesn't suit him.

Of course, if he does indeed turn out to be like Nesta then so be it.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Being superficial, but I don't like the look of tattoos haha. Like Nesta was very classy/professional, no tatts etc. Messi has a sleeve on his arm and leg - it just doesn't suit him.

Product of the times. If Nesta were a young footballer nowadays, he may also have had tattoos.

If Romagnoli played in the 90s, he would've had long hair.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I truly hope you're right, haven't seen you overhype a player or go with the flow RnB mentality because something is trendy, so hearing you say this makes me feel better about our chances (and his).

I decided to stop counting pennies. Milan was poor for too much time.
I'll just enjoy we're getting a very good and very promising player (but I know the 30M will work against Romagnoli). Even those Romanisti who think it was a good idea to sell him will admit he is a legit prospect.

At Romagnoli age, Thiago was moving to Russia after a season in Porto B

#hypemachine

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I decided to stop counting pennies. Milan was poor for too much time.
I'll just enjoy we're getting a very good and very promising player (but I know the 30M will work against Romagnoli). Even those Romanisti who think it was a good idea to sell him will admit he is a legit prospect.

At Romagnoli age, Thiago was moving to Russia after a season in Porto B

#hypemachine

This is my worry... he's 20.

He WILL have ups and downs. Milan may have gotten a gem, he's very good for his age but it doesn't mean he won't have bad periods.

-

Hell best example is perhaps Bonucci who many called a flop at Juve and grew into a top teir defender over a couple years. And he was what.. 22-23 when signed? Bad year 1 (team was a total mess), avg year 2,.

The best thing Milan can do is stick w/ a plan and try to be stable thru slow growth.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
We said the same thing for De Sciglio.

i still think highly of e Sciglio same way i do SES. They put some excellent performances around 18-20. And then milan went to shit.

No leadership. No Coaching. No development. IT was a mess in all levels and no young player looks good there.

In both there cases injury struggles too, but i do believe, if we stick w/ Mihajlovic and create a professional stable environment you'll see best of them.

At milan's peak this existed. Hell at any good club it does

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

f'n maldini.... unprofessional tat'd joker

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
oh noesss.

galliani chucked 25mil euros in the drain.

whatever shall we do?

lol.

Welcome Romagnoli :star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be rating him like how a 25 million defender should be rated.

best defender 15/16 or FLOP :devilehh:

Schedule