Andrea Pirlo Thread

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Happy birthday Pirlo.

A truly great player, who we forced away. The team began to fall apart as soon as he left, and Juve went for one of the worst years in their history to 4 straight league titles and now a Champions League final

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
says the guys with the Monty pic in his profile...

Yup.

Happy birthday Pirlo.

A truly great player, who we forced away. The team began to fall apart as soon as he left, and Juve went for one of the worst years in their history to 4 straight league titles and now a Champions League final

Allegri made the right choice when he decided to deploy Van Bommel in front of the defense.

With Juve, Allegri is once again showing that Pirlo's part in the team's success is overrated. They had like 7 consecutive clean sheets with Marchisio as anchor. In the last UCL games he's been nothing but a liability. They reached the UCL final DESPITE starting Pirlo.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Allegri made the right choice when he decided to deploy Van Bommel in front of the defense.

With Juve, Allegri is once again showing that Pirlo's part in the team's success is overrated. They had like 7 consecutive clean sheets with Marchisio as anchor. In the last UCL games he's been nothing but a liability. They reached the UCL final DESPITE starting Pirlo.

If he starts Pirlo vs Barca it will be a Euro 2012 Final Repeat
iEPiPTtazbXVH.gif

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:lol:

Says the one who thinks that Alonso is the GOAT anchor.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Out of prime Pirlo > Prime Montolivo.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
First goal of Lazio was his fault not marking correctly... did a great pass to Matri with the offside goal, overall if the other team is attacking he goes in difficulty if the other two midfielders are not running for three. If Vidal and Pogba were in great shape, he'd be fine but if they are in so-so conditions, he has to hold his own defensively.

Have a hunch that Juve will let him go at the end of the season if they keep both Vidal and Pogba and he doesn't renew at a big discount ... 7mill a year after taxes are not chump change ;).

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
to be fair, he was essential in juve's first scudetto...

he bring calmness in juve's young midfielder (marchisio and vidal)

not to mention He made the most assists in the Serie A that season

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
to be fair, he was essential in juve's first scudetto...

he bring calmness in juve's young midfielder (marchisio and vidal)

not to mention He made the most assists in the Serie A that season

Absolutely, in the first season of Juve, a player like Pirlo was very needed ... they had a lot of hard-working players but not a lot of players with his talent. To be able to pull an assist from a deep pass, a goal from a free kick or a good pass from a corner or free kick were all things that Juve needed. What Juve had plenty were players that didn't mind running (e.g. Giaccherini) .

Plus in his first year, he was trying to establish himself and like so many players (Robinho, Boateng, Diego, Krasic, etc) he started very strong.

In hindsight, considering all our injuries and performances of some players, letting go Pirlo turned out for worse, but at the time it looked by far the best decision (Van Bommel was playing great and Pirlo was not justifying his high salary).

He'll always be part of Milan history, but I don't feel the same level of affection for him that I have for many other Milan players during that time (Nesta, Gattuso, etc). Though if I was in his shoes, I might have ended up taking the exact same decisions. Soccer nowadays is a business whether we as fans like it or not.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Yup.

Pirlo is 36 you nutter, of course he is not as good as when he was 4 years ago. Its a testament to his skills that at the age he joined Juventus, he was instrumental in winning the first 2 league titles, especially when you consider that he is not exactly C.Ronaldo type fit.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
pirla in Milan

3h3 hours ago
Andrea Pirlo: Had more shots (49) than any other player to have not scored in Europe?s top 5 leagues in 2009/10 #TBT

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Love you Pirlo, but I want ye smashed saturday week.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Andrea Pirlo preparing himself for the UEFA Champions League final.

11231798_10152444935662706_960639437491640316_n.jpg

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
mj-laughing.gif

Gifs of his "defending" for the first goal and that hilarious dribble required asap

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Amazing how Juve managed to reach the final and be in the game for so long with 10 men.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
xavi pissing all over him yet again, LOVE IT

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GOAT

Loved when Messi tried to dribble him and he just took the ball without trying.

That pass to Tevez with 3 players pressuring him was something else.

Almost assisted Evra , Morata and Pogba from set pieces.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
GOAT at crying after losing to Xavi

I think he was the only one crying :lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love Pirlo, but I'm so happy he didn't win the Champions League with Juventus.

Schedule