The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Will Zlatan finally win the Champions League in 2012-2013?
Yes, the real one. 34 15.53%
Yes, on PS/XBOX/PC. 112 51.14%
No, neither of them. 73 33.33%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-11-2012, 23:02   #5321
Congo Powers
apotheosis berlusconi

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakajd View Post
I guess the saying, you dont know what you have until its gone rings true.
dude...r u for real???
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:03   #5322
netr0pa
Primavera Player

Quote:
I guess the saying, you dont know what you have until its gone rings true.
Amen, brother!
netr0pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:05   #5323
LoLInter
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy

I've never bothered arguing with Ibra-haters, because really.. Does anyone need to?

I will never say that "thou' shall like Ibrahimovic or gtfo" - everyone's entitled to their own opinions...
People who can gtfo though are the ones denying his greatness as a footballer. People who can't see that this man is one of the best out there. Reason? They don't know football. It's just that simple.

Not saying he's perfect, he's got his flaws just like every other footballer does.. But he sure is something special.

-------------------

I just need to straighten something out:

T.Silva went for 43 mil + 5 mil bonuses, correct?
Ibra went for 20 mil, correct?

I say we got fucking ripped off, we sold him 4mil below what we bought him for after he had a truly fantastic season in Milan. Am I the only one that can't get over this ridiculous price tag? He's getting older, yes, but Ibra himself doesn't seem to give a shit about that and his performances are showing it. Surely we could have scraped out at least another 8-10 mil?

Signature

GRANDE PAZZZOOO
LoLInter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:11   #5324
blaze
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B

he has insane wages so that took a lot off the transfer fee

Signature
blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:12   #5325
Crashie
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLInter View Post

I say we got fucking ripped off, we sold him 4mil below what we bought him for after he had a truly fantastic season in Milan. Am I the only one that can't get over this ridiculous price tag? He's getting older, yes, but Ibra himself doesn't seem to give a shit about that and his performances are showing it. Surely we could have scraped out at least another 8-10 mil?
I agree, it was a weak sale for AC Milan and we let him get away too cheap compared to how important he was for the team. However he was a very well-paid which in the end was just too much for the management of Milan. Its sad that such a big club can't handle a man like him, because he is a beast on the field and always made a difference in every game. He had such a impact on our playstyle and was the man we counted on. Now we count on... ya I don't know?

Signature

ZLATAN 'THE KING' IBRAHIMOVIC

IN RED AND BLACK I TRUST
[ FAN SINCE 2002 ]

BRIGATE ROSSONERI AC MILAN 1899
7 x UEFA Champions League
18 x Scudetto Serie A

Last edited by Crashie; 15-11-2012 at 23:18.
Crashie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:13   #5326
kakajd
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

You would have thought after Ibra killing it in the serie A, and getting crazy goals, we would have gotten more.
At the time, I wont lie. Losing Ibra was not as huge a deal as losing Silva. Which probably took away attention from losing ibra for what we did.

For some reason, no idea why. Management probably thought Ibra is turning 31. This is the last time to cash in on him. When in reality, Ibra could play for many more years. He doesnt need pace, so how does his game get effected as he ages?

Anyway. Its cool seeing him get recognised. Its a crime that its taken until now for many to understand his greatness.
So Im not to bummed.
We still have SES who has grown in his absence. And yes, we still have Pato lol

Signature
Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.
kakajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:16   #5327
Lucia
World Cup Winner

Commentators from around the world react to the Zlatan Ibrahimovic goal

audio clip: http://soundcloud.com/off-the-ball/c...rom-around-the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Sister View Post
He was. Described Friends Arena as big but intimate. Audience was a bit boring, though.
At least Zlatan came to entertain.

Hi Fredrik, I'm glad you got to see it live!!
Lucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:17   #5328
kakajd
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra

^ thanks for sharing.

Also, at the end. I want to give him a man hug HAHA

Signature
Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.

Last edited by kakajd; 15-11-2012 at 23:20.
kakajd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 23:26   #5329
MrKuuk
Zlatanista

Fav. Players: Ibra, Verratti, Baggio, Maradona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Commentators from around the world react to the Zlatan Ibrahimovic goal

audio clip: http://soundcloud.com/off-the-ball/c...rom-around-the

At least Zlatan came to entertain.

Hi Fredrik, I'm glad you got to see it live!!
The audience really sucked huge parts of the game. But still, to see that goal live!!! Cant fredrik jusr get a new account? How about fredrik10? Got a nice ring to it yes? We miss you man!
MrKuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 00:59   #5330
mrki
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: maldini, pippo, boban

Quote:
I've never bothered arguing with Ibra-haters, because really.. Does anyone need to?

I will never say that "thou' shall like Ibrahimovic or gtfo" - everyone's entitled to their own opinions...
People who can gtfo though are the ones denying his greatness as a footballer. People who can't see that this man is one of the best out there. Reason? They don't know football. It's just that simple.

Not saying he's perfect, he's got his flaws just like every other footballer does.. But he sure is something special.

-------------------

yes, Im also crazy since the day Milan sold him coz of the 20mln shit tag? 20 mln??!!! And some shit players go for 30, 40? Ibra is only getting more mature and concentrated. Now he plays like a machine.

There is only one player better then him, and its Messi. And not always.

Cristiana cant clean the boots of Ibra.

Signature
AC MILAN 7 CL titles.
Bayern 5, L'pool 5, Barcelona 4, Man. United 3, Inter 3, JuBe 2... Chelsea, PSG, Man City were and will be small clubs compared to Il Diavolo. Forza Grande Milan!

FREE AC MILAN FROM FODDER
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 01:20   #5331
littlewing
National Team Player

Quote:
-------------------
his wage wouldn“t have been a problem if we didn“t have to feed our money to useless players like Traore and Flamini. Ibra“s paycheck was huge but at least he earned it.
littlewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 10:10   #5332
charmangle
Rookie

Quote:
I understand what you mean.
I think the worst thing is, due to the english being idiots and brainwashing so many. Zlatan will never be recognised in the way he should be.

Top 3 player in the world.
Every time i say this, even after he left milan. All I hear is people laugh and say he is awful.

But, thats just the way it goes
Now this is what i call making good!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/edi...e=breakingnews
charmangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 10:35   #5333
Lucia
World Cup Winner

Zlatan signed and donated his boots used in the match against England to teammate Jonas Olsson's charity raffle to raise money for premature babies and their families.

Donations are minimum £5 and a winner will be picked randomly, so if you want to own the boots Zlatan scored four goals with, one of them being a goal for the history while inaugurating the new Swedish national arena with a 4-2 win over England you'll find the details here:

Jonas Olsson ‏@J_OlssonViasat: Chance to win the almighty Zlatan Ibrahimovic's signed boots, worn yesterday against England!! Min £5 donation at http://justgiving.com/Jonas-Olsson

Jonas Olsson ‏@J_OlssonViasat: Winner will be randomly picked next Thursday. http://Justgiving.com/Jonas-Olsson pic.twitter.com/dDHMuoJY

My story

Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.

Me and my partner Frida have set this up to reach awareness of premature births. It“s very close to our hearts as our beloved daughter Iris Annabelle was born 7 weeks early.

The care, help and support we received from our local hospital was truly amazing and we wish this for everyone cooping with the same situation.

To help promote the cause I will regulary auction some of my personal football items such as shirts, shoes etc. I will use my twitter account @J_OlssonViasat to notify everyone when the items are ready for donations. All donations are made through this page. Minimum £5 donations and I will randomly pick a winner (please leave twitter details or email address with donations). The target is to raise £10.000. When we have reached £5.000 I will match that to make it a total £10.000.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Many thanks,

Jonas & Frida

Last edited by Lucia; 17-11-2012 at 02:03.
Lucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 12:52   #5334
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
yes, Im also crazy since the day Milan sold him coz of the 20mln shit tag? 20 mln??!!! And some shit players go for 30, 40? Ibra is only getting more mature and concentrated. Now he plays like a machine.

There is only one player better then him, and its Messi. And not always.

Cristiana cant clean the boots of Ibra.
ok lets not go that far, messi and ronaldo are simply phenomenal compared to the rest of the players. They are by far the best on the planet, zlatan comes close but not close enough. I would say he is best attacker after the two players mentioned above and falcao. Technically ibra is better than falcao, but if u give falcao service, he is much better and is also better in big games . I would put zlatan in the class of aguero, tevez, falcao, robin van persie and maybe even rooney (although hasnt been great this season) which is just below the top 2 - 3 players in the world. In terms of skill and ability he is definitely top 3 though.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 13:44   #5335
MrKuuk
Zlatanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
ok lets not go that far, messi and ronaldo are simply phenomenal compared to the rest of the players. They are by far the best on the planet, zlatan comes close but not close enough. I would say he is best attacker after the two players mentioned above and falcao. Technically ibra is better than falcao, but if u give falcao service, he is much better and is also better in big games . I would put zlatan in the class of aguero, tevez, falcao, robin van persie and maybe even rooney (although hasnt been great this season) which is just below the top 2 - 3 players in the world. In terms of skill and ability he is definitely top 3 though.
Do you really think that Tevez are on the same level as the players you mentioned? Even Aguero is imo not on the same level. Ibra, RVP, Rooney and Falcao are the real contenders.

Messi & CR7 are the best right now.

1. Ibra (Close to Messi and CR7)
2. Falcao (Has done really good(!!) last two seasons, but still inferior to Ibra for sure)
3. RVP (A bit behind Falcao)
4. Rooney (Inferior to RVP, but still great)
5. Aguero (Great forward but way behind top 4 on my list)
6. Tevez (Very skillfull, but a bit overrated imo. Imagined if he played in Italy, no one would put him infront of any of the above mentioned).
Old 16-11-2012, 13:57   #5336
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKuuk View Post
Do you really think that Tevez are on the same level as the players you mentioned? Even Aguero is imo not on the same level. Ibra, RVP, Rooney and Falcao are the real contenders.

Messi & CR7 are the best right now.

1. Ibra (Close to Messi and CR7)
2. Falcao (Has done really good(!!) last two seasons, but still inferior to Ibra for sure)
3. RVP (A bit behind Falcao)
4. Rooney (Inferior to RVP, but still great)
5. Aguero (Great forward but way behind top 4 on my list)
6. Tevez (Very skillfull, but a bit overrated imo. Imagined if he played in Italy, no one would put him infront of any of the above mentioned).

well imo, the first two is the same as yours its obvious who is the best; messi and ronaldo.
I judge players based on how they play in big games especially in champions league. So for me drogba is > ibra but the rest i agree with your list. I would take a prime drogba over ibra any day but thats my opinion. I never said ibra is inferior to the guys i mentioned, i just said he is in their class but yes he is better than tevez, aguero, rooney, falcao, rvp (as proved last season). In big games, rvp has done better than ibra overall but ibra is more complete as a player. Rooney prior to 2010 was much > zlatan imo. His form dipped during last two seasons so atm zlatan is better. I dont know about falcao cuz he hasnt played in UCl for me to judge how good he actually is. Who would people prefer now, falcao or zlatan? (atm falcao i guess due to age factor)
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 14:26   #5337
Falkryr
The Champion !

Quote:
Good evening, Pep. I am Zlatan.
I don't know what time it is where you are, but I imagine you spend a lot of hours trying to sleep now that you are no longer in football and your life is meaningless. Well, did you happen to wake from your latest slumber with the jolt of a million Zlatts (Zlatan watts) of energy coursing through your body for seemingly no reason whatsoever? You should have. And it should have been more terrifying than a zombified dinosaur with Zlatan-like Taekwondo skills and more exhilarating than a kiss to the sternum from my foot. Yes, Pep, if you check the caller ID on this wake-up call, it will only read "Your daddy" and then in parentheses "Ibrahimovic, Zlatan."
As everyone else is aware, I scored a typically Zlatnificent goal against England. Actually, I scored four, but the last one -- oh, the last one was just for you, Pep. Allow me to paint the picture with words in a way that will make the frescos in the Sistine Chapel crumble out of shame and because they are more than 500 years old.
Joe Hart came out of the penalty area because, like you Pep, he is not as smart as me and he probably also wanted my autograph. He then headed the ball high into the Swedish night sky. But this was not a problem for me because that is where I live. I swim laps through the clouds and cook pizza with the sun. So, I chased the ball down like it was a disrespectful journalist. The gods tried to keep the ball out of my reach, Pep, but the pull of Zlatan is too strong for them! As it fell into my trap, I executed a move that instantly ruined every Olympic gymnasts' opinion of themselves and blasted the ball towards the goal, at an angle, 30 meters away, with a Zlatcycle kick so powerful that it forced your hair to fall out several years before I even did it.
One of the defenders tried to clear my latest miracle off the goal line, but he was too late. The ball was in the net, the world was at my feet and it became obvious to everyone why you felt the need to leave the sport after selling me. As I say every time I play chess, "checkmate, Pep." I am the grandmaster. I am Zlatan. Now go back to sleep. I have some smiling to do. At your expense.
Ponytail whip!
This shit is hilarious
Falkryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 15:21   #5338
MrKuuk
Zlatanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
well imo, the first two is the same as yours its obvious who is the best; messi and ronaldo.
I judge players based on how they play in big games especially in champions league. So for me drogba is > ibra but the rest i agree with your list. I would take a prime drogba over ibra any day but thats my opinion. I never said ibra is inferior to the guys i mentioned, i just said he is in their class but yes he is better than tevez, aguero, rooney, falcao, rvp (as proved last season). In big games, rvp has done better than ibra overall but ibra is more complete as a player. Rooney prior to 2010 was much > zlatan imo. His form dipped during last two seasons so atm zlatan is better. I dont know about falcao cuz he hasnt played in UCl for me to judge how good he actually is. Who would people prefer now, falcao or zlatan? (atm falcao i guess due to age factor)
The thing with big games and Ibra... Sure there's been games where the team he's in has been playing good or at least okay and he's been shit. But the last few years... I think it's been more of a poor team performance. The first thing that comes to mind is Milan vs Tottenham. The entire team SUCKED ASS. Ibra wasn't great, but what could he do with THAT team behind him? I'm not saying Milan had a poor team, they just had a really bad day.

Anyway, Big games should of course be one factor as well. Falcao has won UEFA Europa League 2011-2012 and UEFA Super Cup 2012. I didn't watch any of the games but from what I've read he did great. There's been atleast a few big games in those tournaments. It's not all about UCL.

The problem with Ibra, and why he isn't quite up there with Messi and CR7 is due to consistency. Now, don't missunderstand me - Ibra is great or amazing 90% of the time which is truly amazing. But Messi in Barcelona and CR7 i Real Madrid are ALWAYS great. Every game, almost without exceptions (but those are so few they don't even count). I will say this though. No one - not messi, not CR7, no one, can do the things Ibra can do. The volley bicicleta agaisnt England, The jumping backheel against Italy Euro Cup 2004. Shit like that should not even be possible on a football field if it weren't for him. And that's why he's bar far the most entertaining player there is.
Old 16-11-2012, 15:24   #5339
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryr View Post
This shit is hilarious
Hilarious!

Fredrik?

Signature
Dottore Joey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 15:51   #5340
Ultra Swan
.,.foREVer.,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Joey View Post