Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
What do u want him to say? I am a racist prick? Nothing is proven about what JJ said. Just gattuso's word versus Jordan and Redknapp's words. He was saying something but no way to confirm whether it was racist or not. And i will reserve my judgment until some lip reader analyzes what they said or both of them agree on a story. And you should do the same and look at things objectively rather than rossoneri tinted glasses.

But had he actually said racist things then I would probably back Gattuso. But yet nothing is proven.
So you dont trust Gattuso.If you were a true Milan fan you'd trust Milan players not what some uknown brit has said + for all we know maybe JJ sweared at him again after the match i'll be off to watch that Bologna with some team match.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
So you dont trust Gattuso.If you were a true Milan fan you'd trust Milan players not what some uknown brit has said + for all we know maybe JJ sweared at him again after the match i'll be off to watch that Bologna with some team match.

Yeah sorry I have half a brain to be skeptic and think for myself. Like i said I would rather hear both sides of the story and keep my opinions till something definitive comes out in such a situation rather than put on my rossoneri tinted glasses or act like a british journalist and go gun-ho about morality, conspiracy theories , and thuggery.

Milan has had its fair-share of bad moments and unsportsmanlike behavior as well. The marseille floodlight incident comes to mind. Seriously. Ur no better than the british media. Wait till something solid comes out before you start giving away ur opinion like that and start telling others whether they are milan fans or not.

Of course if it was a racist incident I would agree with all the JJ bashing. Racism has no place in football. As things stand now, both deserve a punishment. Gattuso more so. But depending on what JJ actually said , the situation may change.

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Saturday 19 February, 2011 Ancelotti: 'Gattuso is a good man'

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has leapt to the defence of “good man” Gennaro Gattuso following the row with Joe Jordan.

The Milan midfielder was involved in an altercation with the Tottenham assistant manager after the final whistle in this week’s Champions League game.

I was obviously not happy because Gattuso is a very generous player, is a very good man,” said ex-Milan Coach Ancelotti.

He made a mistake. I'm very disappointed with this. Also, he was very disappointed after the game. He said sorry and full stop.

He's played 100 games in the Champions League and he never had problems. I have seen him always correct. He made a mistake, he said sorry and now UEFA obviously will make a decision.

Gattuso has been charged with gross sporting misconduct and awaits a disciplinary hearing by UEFA next week

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Oh Shuuuuuuuuuut UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP :mad: we didnt say anything when Cantona kicked a fan in the PUBLIC so you have no right whatsoever on Gattuso :o :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A small request if I may... cud we not sully Cantona's good name by writing it in the same sentence as gattuso's? Many thanks. The beautiful game is indebted to players like Cantona.

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
A small request if I may... cud we not sully Cantona's good name by writing it in the same sentence as gattuso's? Many thanks. The beautiful game is indebted to players like Cantona.

Sorry request not granted. :(

Cantona was a great player, so was Zidane, but their discipline records are far worse then Ringhio's. Both of them have had more red cards then Gattuso. And can somebody tell me the Joe Jordan cards statistics during his playtime?
And they were attackers not DMF.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

sully cantona's good name by writing it in the same sentence as gattuso's, r u high? Or are you joking?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
sully cantona's good name by writing it in the same sentence as gattuso's, r u high? Or are you joking?

I wont lie... I had sum nice green today.

TheoLeo? I must overrule you : )

Let me clarify, this gattuso JJ thing? Im not interested, Im not involved and Im not curious!
Im just sayin, as a player, gattuso is wank... Cantona was a darling of the sport.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Gatusso should have done this to Joe Jordan.

Just watch skip to 15 sec to see where it gets interesting.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Let me clarify, this gattuso JJ thing? Im not interested, Im not involved and Im not curious!
Im just sayin, as a player, gattuso is wank... Cantona was a darling of the sport.

ahh some nice green :D was like forever ago I had some.

Seriously though, you're underrating Gattuso a bit IMO. I'm not saying he's better than Cantona, they're totally different players, but it's not like Cantona was a god compared to him. Defensive minded players just don't get much attention, especially defensive midfielders.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Shevchenko
Gennaro ivan gattuso = the real man !!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ! HOW CAN YOU JUDGE GATTUSO ??!! WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE HIM ??!! IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, HE HAPPENS TO BE A REALLY NICE, POLITE AND FRIENDLY GUY IN HIS PRIVATE LIFE. ON THE PITCH HE IS ANGRY RAMPANT TERRIER BECAUSE HE PLAYS THAT WAY AND HE CARRIES ON HIS TEAM AND FANS ! :thumbsup:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF SOME SCUMBAG LIKE joe jordan INSULTS YOU, YOUR TEAM AND YOUR NATION ?? WOULD YOU STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR COMPATRIOTS OR WOULD YOU BAND DOWN LIKE A PUSSY ?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

GATTUSO IS THE REAL MAN ! :thumbsup: HE RESPECTS THOSE WHO DESERVE RESPECT ! I LOVE GATTUSO FOR HIS DEDICATION AND HIS BIG HEART ! I ONLY WISH THERE ARE MORE PLAYERS LIKE HIM NOWADAYS ! BUT IT LOOKS TO ME THAT HE IS THE ONLY REMAINED PLAYER THAT PLAYS WITH HEART AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE MONEY !

I AM MILANISTA, FOREVER ! THAT'S WHY I LOVE AND SUPPORT GATTUSO !

FORZA MILAN FOREVER !! :proud: :proud: :proud:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ! HOW CAN YOU JUDGE GATTUSO ??!! WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE HIM ??!! IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, HE HAPPENS TO BE A REALLY NICE, POLITE AND FRIENDLY GUY IN HIS PRIVATE LIFE. ON THE PITCH HE IS ANGRY RAMPANT TERRIER BECAUSE HE PLAYS THAT WAY AND HE CARRIES ON HIS TEAM AND FANS ! :thumbsup:

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF SOME SCUMBAG LIKE joe jordan INSULTS YOU, YOUR TEAM AND YOUR NATION ?? WOULD YOU STAND UP FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR COMPATRIOTS OR WOULD YOU BAND DOWN LIKE A PUSSY ?? :mad: :mad: :mad:

GATTUSO IS THE REAL MAN ! :thumbsup: HE RESPECTS THOSE WHO DESERVE RESPECT ! I LOVE GATTUSO FOR HIS DEDICATION AND HIS BIG HEART ! I ONLY WISH THERE ARE MORE PLAYERS LIKE HIM NOWADAYS ! BUT IT LOOKS TO ME THAT HE IS THE ONLY REMAINED PLAYER THAT PLAYS WITH HEART AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE MONEY !

:thumbsup:

Reaction score

Umm sorry no exceptions to be made! Hell if Maradona or Pele did this they should be punished like Gattuso :o.So Fuck off!

Reaction score

I would push him down the stairs :devil: MUWHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA! :devil:

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

:):) No warries mate, but it's not working. You can't overrule, not me and obviously not the others. You are right, Cantona was a great player, pleasure to watch (piece of football art!). But Gattuso is also good player to watch, all his passion for team should be praised. There are lot of managers & media that said that and rate him as one of the best DMF. He's not good as Cantona simply because he's different footballer and playing different role.

Just a few days before "his mad night" vs Spurs, he had an fantastic assist to Cassano (2nd goal vs Parma).
I can't compare Cantona with Gattuso football wise but as for disciplinary matter there is a comparison between Cantona kung fu attack on supporter and what Gatusso did to Joe Jordan!

Hope I made myself clear?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm surprised no one has said it. Passing wise he's been best I've ever seen hi,. driving milan forward consistently.

so surprising coming from Gattuso.

Still not good enough for a team like Milan. but in general, a captains performance

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Rino is worth the armband, it's good we don't take it away from him, he always fights so much even if he's not at his best.
He also gave Pato the assist for the goal yesterday, it was just a simple pass, but still it was another assist for him after the one against Parma for Cassano's goal.

Reaction score
IMO
gattuso's play is change..
he improve his pass and vision of playing..
I never watch gattuso playing like this before,,

forza GATTINHO

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Does that include his game against Tottenham in a couple weeks?

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Does that include his game against Tottenham in a couple weeks?

I don't think so as he got himself suspended first and than received this 5 match ban. No Rino for next season's group stage.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Pff UEFA are such pussies! Ramos didn't even get an additional ban for this:

And he tried to injure Messi.....

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
Four-match ban for Gattuso

UEFA have banned Milan’s Gennaro Gattuso for four European matches after his altercation with Joe Jordan in the tie against Tottenham.

The Italian midfielder clashed with the Spurs assistant both during and after the Champions League game last week which ended 1-0 to the Premiership side.

Gattuso, who claims he was provoked by the Scot, grabbed Jordan by the neck and also went head-to-head with the ex-Milanista.

UEFA’s disciplinary panel examined the incident on Monday and they’ve handed out a lengthy punishment for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

He was already booked in the San Siro game and thus suspended for the return leg, so he will be out of Milan’s next five matches in total.

The only way Gattuso could re-appear in this season’s Champions League tournament is if Milan reach the Final.

Should they not go that far then the ban will run over into the next campaign.

It’s unclear as of yet whether Milan will appeal today’s ruling. They will have three days to lodge one if that is the path they go down

http://www.football-italia.net/feb21o.html

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okay, so its 4 match ban and guys don't lynch me for saying, "No Rino for next season's group stage." :tongue:

Capo Ultra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
5-match ban for Gattuso...

We have decided not to launch an appeal against UEFA:

MILANO - L'A.C. Milan comunica che, in merito alla squalifica del calciatore Gennaro Ivan Gattuso, la Società non impugnerà la decisione presa oggi dal Control and disciplinary body dell’Uefa.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Pff UEFA are such pussies! Ramos didn't even get an additional ban for this:

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Fair. Though it shows how fucking stupid and inconsistant UEFA are considering Drogba got a 6 match man for shouting at the ref and saying "it's a fucking disgrace".

Apparently Collina (the ref) was on the panel.

Schedule