Week 14: Milan vs Torino - Sunday 26/11/2017 15:00 CET

By how many goals will grande Milan win?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 (Kalichenko solos)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • lel, belotti solos

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I’d kick Montella out and sell Bonaventura and Suso in a blink of an eye.

You should've stopped at your first premise.
As for your second premise, you confuse between bad performance and useless player

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
but hey spending 70M€ on 2 average strikers is better than bringing aubameyang

Andre Silva is definitely not average.
Set aside personality, he has all the potential to be a great player from technical point of view.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
but hey spending 70M€ on 2 average strikers is better than bringing aubameyang

Silva isn't useless. Kaligoat is.

Also, Auba would have done fuckall the way Montella set up this team.
Or more like - they way he hasn't set it up.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Montella did start Kalinic the giant turkey who missed key chances and cant find the most simple of passes.

This team is still full of completely average players and until that changes things are not going to improve.

Today was boring, extremely tiring to watch and if I had paid to watch the game I would want a refund.

Yea my bad, I meant not starting Cutrone

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How many goals did Kalinic miss? :fp::fp:

It is not even funny at this point. I watched him at Fiorentina and I knew that he missed lots of sitters per game however not like the ones he had in this game.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
All you idiots just come in here to vent your pre-planned frustrations on your most disliked players/coach. Beating a dead horse so you can get some kind of relief. Maybe actually watch the match and try to be objective and see that we've improved our football.

Let me guess. Results will come?

We're 100% abysmal inside the box. And still have no idea on how to tackle a deep sitting team except for a Ricardo or Borini cross or a Suso masterclass. Don't delude yourself because Montolivo suddenly started playing well and by proxy started moving our mid. Bona, Hakan, and Kalinic are still in vacation. This Torini was embarrassing, that we'd actually beat them with Plastic, Bacca, and De Scilgio playing.

This is 100% on Montella due to Bonucci and Kalinic. We've sacrificed everything to accommodate to them playing in our starting XI that our best players are forced to adapt to the former's preferred formation.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem is the way that Andre Silva is getting the ball, it's like we're expecting him to be a second-striker.

Silva is a pure striker. He needs to finish off moves in the box. He doesn't get the time and space he used in Portugal or Internationally playing for Portugal that he'd get in Serie A--there's no time in Serie A on the ball.

It's why when I heard people talking about Silva as a second striker I didn't understand. He's not a winger, he's not a striker. He does this thing where he tries to be CR7. But he doesn't have his pace, so he can't do those sorts of things.

Kalinic didn't do any link-up play until he was about to be subbed off. He missed so many chances, it was infuriating.

To be honest, Bona and Suso didn't do much, and as much as I want to hate on them (and I do, I'm not a big fan of either right now) but Torino was setup to get a point, to hit on the break, and they didn't do anything until the end. Bona and Suso did not create any danger, to be honest, and while those of you shit on Hakan, he actually did something.

Honestly, I'd play a 4-2-3-1 with this squad.

Borini/Conti/Abate---Bonucci--Roma--RR
------------Kessie---Big/Monto/Loca
---Suso-------Hakan--------Bona
----------------Silva

Also, to be fair, Sirigu had a hell of a game. But today, today was an ugly game. Kalinic had the chances to win these ugly games.

And that's the thing about when we play. Teams realize that if they play ugly, they can hit us on the break. But here's the big big difference to today: we would have lost today, but something has changed, our defense played really well today. Bonucci did really well today, Romangoli has improved, markedly, and Zapata was a beast today.

RR did well, too. Donna with an amazing save to save the points for us. Dang, even Montolivo did well. Kessie did a lot of pressure running, making sure that Torino wasn't comfortable and running all over us.

As angry as I am at this draw, the defense is what it should be. It's at least a foundation, and frankly, the most important foundation.

Right now our problem is in attack, and we need to sort things out. Icardi has been the difference for Inter, and that's our problem now. Kalinic needs to be benched, he's not even doing the link-up play he was bought for and he's missing a billion chances.

Silva needs to stop playing as a second striker, and our midfield needs to be restructured.

Final point: we need to have courage. The fact that we do not really push until like the 75th minute is a problem. We need to be attacking from the get-go, because 15 minutes is a small window to get a goal.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The problem is the way that Andre Silva is getting the ball, it's like we're expecting him to be a second-striker.

Silva is a pure striker. He needs to finish off moves in the box. He doesn't get the time and space he used in Portugal or Internationally playing for Portugal that he'd get in Serie A--there's no time in Serie A on the ball.

It's why when I heard people talking about Silva as a second striker I didn't understand. He's not a winger, he's not a striker. He does this thing where he tries to be CR7. But he doesn't have his pace, so he can't do those sorts of things.

Kalinic didn't do any link-up play until he was about to be subbed off. He missed so many chances, it was infuriating.

To be honest, Bona and Suso didn't do much, and as much as I want to hate on them (and I do, I'm not a big fan of either right now) but Torino was setup to get a point, to hit on the break, and they didn't do anything until the end. Bona and Suso did not create any danger, to be honest, and while those of you shit on Hakan, he actually did something.

Honestly, I'd play a 4-2-3-1 with this squad.

Borini/Conti/Abate---Bonucci--Roma--RR
------------Kessie---Big/Monto/Loca
---Suso-------Hakan--------Bona
----------------Silva

Also, to be fair, Sirigu had a hell of a game. But today, today was an ugly game. Kalinic had the chances to win these ugly games.

And that's the thing about when we play. Teams realize that if they play ugly, they can hit us on the break. But here's the big big difference to today: we would have lost today, but something has changed, our defense played really well today. Bonucci did really well today, Romangoli has improved, markedly, and Zapata was a beast today.

RR did well, too. Donna with an amazing save to save the points for us. Dang, even Montolivo did well. Kessie did a lot of pressure running, making sure that Torino wasn't comfortable and running all over us.

As angry as I am at this draw, the defense is what it should be. It's at least a foundation, and frankly, the most important foundation.

Right now our problem is in attack, and we need to sort things out. Icardi has been the difference for Inter, and that's our problem now. Kalinic needs to be benched, he's not even doing the link-up play he was bought for and he's missing a billion chances.

Silva needs to stop playing as a second striker, and our midfield needs to be restructured.

Final point: we need to have courage. The fact that we do not really push until like the 75th minute is a problem. We need to be attacking from the get-go, because 15 minutes is a small window to get a goal.

A 4231 is a possibilty I agree, but not with Hakan as a 10. He takes too long on the ball, his first touch is heavy, and he has no dynamism to beat a press with a dribble. His shoot on sight policy is extremely frustrating (we already have Suso for that). He also takes too long to make a decision, similar to Jack.

If we were to play the 4231 I would play Locatelli as the 10, as he thinks quickly and seems to be the only one able to play combination play around the box. We definitely need to play with 2 fullbacks that can add to the attack. There is honestly no one else in the squad I would put as a 10 in a 4231.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Let me guess. Results will come?

We're 100% abysmal inside the box. And still have no idea on how to tackle a deep sitting team except for a Ricardo or Borini cross or a Suso masterclass. Don't delude yourself because Montolivo suddenly started playing well and by proxy started moving our mid. Bona, Hakan, and Kalinic are still in vacation. This Torini was embarrassing, that we'd actually beat them with Plastic, Bacca, and De Scilgio playing.

This is 100% on Montella due to Bonucci and Kalinic. We've sacrificed everything to accommodate to them playing in our starting XI that our best players are forced to adapt to the former's preferred formation.
Who else but the discount Spanish Townsend has to adapt to this formation? He's being played in different positions (including RW with a 3 man backline) simply because he hasn't been good enough to force a fixed starting position.

All 3 of our strikers play better with 2 up front, our midfield is suited for 3, our defense is fitted for 3. We have wingbacks. The formation is fine.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A 4231 is a possibilty I agree, but not with Hakan as a 10. He takes too long on the ball, his first touch is heavy, and he has no dynamism to beat a press with a dribble. His shoot on sight policy is extremely frustrating (we already have Suso for that). He also takes too long to make a decision, similar to Jack.

If we were to play the 4231 I would play Locatelli as the 10, as he thinks quickly and seems to be the only one able to play combination play around the box. We definitely need to play with 2 fullbacks that can add to the attack. There is honestly no one else in the squad I would put as a 10 in a 4231.

Hakan can pass, that's the thing. He just needs to be given a little bit of time and get used to Serie A. He's not a winger, the 10 position has died honestly, but what he is going to do is put passes so that other players (Bona and Suso) can take advantage. Like a CAM regista, lol.

Hakan has talent, he needs time. Montella has put his faith in Kalinic too long, it's time to put more time into Andre Silva and Hakan, they deserve the time, as does Cutrone. They're the young ones and they're the ones that need to adjust to Serie A.

Hakan's shots are dangerous, but he's a smart player, but I don't get how he gets so much shit for his 15 minutes when Bona and Suso play like garbage the entire time they are on the field but get shrugs.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Who else but the discount Spanish Townsend has to adapt to this formation? He's being played in different positions (including RW with a 3 man backline) simply because he hasn't been good enough to force a fixed starting position.

All 3 of our strikers play better with 2 up front, our midfield is suited for 3, our defense is fitted for 3. We have wingbacks. The formation is fine.

>Discount Spanish Townsend
>Hasn't been good enough

Stop trolling. He's literally our only threat going forward.

And that's our strikers playing better? Jesus. Everyone can agree that our strikers were our low point today, and that's them playing better?

Defense is only fine if we don't face a team slightly superior to our squad lmao. Big teams completely and casually rape our defense. If we have wingbacks why did Suso start as a RWB? Oh right, because King Kali has to play.

Wake up. Even if our formation is fine our tactics certainly aren't. We only got better when Montolivo started playing well, which is something you can't expect of him every match considering how limited he is as a player.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hakan can pass, that's the thing. He just needs to be given a little bit of time and get used to Serie A. He's not a winger, the 10 position has died honestly, but what he is going to do is put passes so that other players (Bona and Suso) can take advantage. Like a CAM regista, lol.

Hakan has talent, he needs time. Montella has put his faith in Kalinic too long, it's time to put more time into Andre Silva and Hakan, they deserve the time, as does Cutrone. They're the young ones and they're the ones that need to adjust to Serie A.

Hakan's shots are dangerous, but he's a smart player, but I don't get how he gets so much shit for his 15 minutes when Bona and Suso play like garbage the entire time they are on the field but get shrugs.

I agree that Hakan seems to be able to pick a pass, but the 10 space nowadays has no room to play or time on the ball. These slow technical players are better at starting from the wing where they have time on the ball.

Also, Suso is poor at attacking space and off the ball movement, and Jack is only slightly better, so even if Hakan finds space, he only option may well be a pass to feet or a shot from distance.

I guess we can agree to disagree on Hakan, because I don't really see the talent that you see other than some decent movement and passes every now and then.

Agreed that Kalinic needs to be dropped and Cutrone given more chances. Andre Silva as well, as he seems to have the best touch of all the CF's.

I don't think you are referring to me because I mentioned earlier that Suso had a poor game and Jack has been garbage, but I do think Hakan deserves some stick for showing a lack of composure with that shot blast at the end and his poor ball control and decision making today.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nah, I wasn't referring to you Colossus, but I think we will have to agree to disagree on Hakan.

I just want to wait a bit before I give up on him. I think he needs time, and think he's smart enough to make it in Serie A, he just has to be given more time.

Suso is easy to contain, he's dangerous with space, but doesn't have the pace to make defenses pay for doubling him.

Silva needs to stop playing as a second striker, he needs to pass the ball faster, but to be fair, he's not really getting the ball in striking positions.

I'm not sure if that Zapata cross was easy and he messed up, or whether it was great athletic ability on Silva to even get there and his miss wasn't that bad. Thoughts?

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
>KaliGOAT
>Suso is Townsend

This fucking forum. Y'all deserve Montella lmao.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Discount Spanish Townsend PMSL ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Oh Jambo.... Think u hit the nail on the head with that one... Love how his fanboys ignore his many below average performances.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nah, I wasn't referring to you Colossus, but I think we will have to agree to disagree on Hakan.

I just want to wait a bit before I give up on him. I think he needs time, and think he's smart enough to make it in Serie A, he just has to be given more time.

Suso is easy to contain, he's dangerous with space, but doesn't have the pace to make defenses pay for doubling him.

Silva needs to stop playing as a second striker, he needs to pass the ball faster, but to be fair, he's not really getting the ball in striking positions.

I'm not sure if that Zapata cross was easy and he messed up, or whether it was great athletic ability on Silva to even get there and his miss wasn't that bad. Thoughts?

Yea that's reasonable re Hakan. I hope he proves me wrong :thumbsup:

Re Suso....I actually think he is our only player dangerous in tight spaces....yes we know he is going to cut inside, but more often than not he gets the shot off due to his little 5 yard burst. It's in open spaces on counter attacks that his lack of speed just kills, because he has to turn around and pass it inside.

I think Silva is our best bet as an SS even though it's not perfect, as he has the best touch of all the strikers and moves into the channels quite well.

Probably a bit of both on that Zapata cross. He had to leap for it, but he also reached there and stabbed at it instead of putting foot through the ball

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Its weird how our team is one of the youngest and one of the slowest at the same time :lol:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Also, stop shitting on the players, even Bonucci isnt too bad now, these guys played important roles in their clubs, there's just no logic in our play, and they cant seem to gel I do think that Maxi Lopez or Boriello would score more goals than these "attackers" in todays game.

remote2book

Sea206
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, T.silva, seedorf
roma and lazio both draws....this was a must win for us, dont see us getting 4th at this rate

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
roma and lazio both draws....this was a must win for us, dont see us getting 4th at this rate
Why not? Since both of them drew our chance of finishing top 4 is the same as two weeks ago.

Next week start the same team except Crutone instead of Lord Kalinic.

In winter go for a good attacking winger and a striker if possible.

Top 4 dream still alive.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
No Borini no party

I missed the game but looks like it wasn't worth watching. God damn it montella has to go

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
No Borini no party

I missed the game but looks like it wasn't worth watching. God damn it montella has to go

thought it was a good game, easy win if the strikers were clinical

btw, thank god torino rejected that 40 million + niang/60 million offer.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
thought it was a good game, easy win if the strikers were clinical

btw, thank god torino rejected that 40 million + niang/60 million offer.

Belotti's persistence though.
I still want him, but with a much less price.

Talking about strikers. A lone warrior striker like Ibra or Icardi is quite rare. Not even Lacazette could be like that.
I'd rather we built a perfect environment that could boost Cutrone's and/or Silva's talent.
Remind this, Ciro Immobile & Dries Mertens are the right strikers, for the right coachss, in the right teams, and the right schemes.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Just saw the game. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen. Especially the first half.

Holy shit this was bad.

Schedule