Is Costacurta leaving!?

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
www.acmilan-online.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan Legend Costacurta Parma-Bound
17.6 || unknown

AC Milan's veteran sweeper Alessandro "Billy" Costacurta is reportedly on the verge of signing for AC Parma, reports in Italy confirm.

The 36-year old, who has spent an astonishing 15 years at the club is unlikely to see any playing time at the club and has been requested by Parma technical director, Arrigo Sacchi, who coached Costacurta as a member of the world-dominating Milan team of the early 90s.

Milan president Adriano Galliani has repeated on numerous occassions that due to financial problems, the club will trim its roster to a 23-man squad. With Mark Iuliano joining from Juventus, they have had to rid themselves of one defender and Costacurta seems to be the man.

Milan fans will sorely miss Billy who is a crowd favorite at the San Siro and is considered one of the true servants of the club. This (along with the arrival of Iuliano) will also end all hopes of either Cannavaro or Nesta arriving at the club.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, i for one will miss him :cry:
let's hope this is just another rumour

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
Billy`s going nowhere :head: . he`s one of our legends. I can`t believe that, I`m sure that it`s just a stupid roumer.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I like Billy too and don't want to see him leave, but if the options are:

Billy or Nesta; Billy or Canna; or Billy or Chivu

I have to say bye to Costacurta, sorry but winning is more important to me than sparring his feeling. He is a big boy I think he can handle it, besides if he stay I don't think he will play all that much anyway. If we don't get any defenders that great more Billy, but if we can get someone than I think we have to. They have already said 50,000,000 times that if we get someone great then people will have to leave. We have a shot at winning the scudetto and CL this year and I would take youth and skill over tradition and honor.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I can't belive in this.Costacurta is our legend and this is not fer.How can Galliani do something like this,it's just no fer.
Also Costacurta has done so much for Milan these 15 years.
I just want him to stay in Milan because he is one of the most important players in the club.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Legend or not, we want to win and with Billy is not possible anymore. He's not that strong anymore, he makes many mistakes and he's incredibly slow.

Selling Billy will be a blessing for us.

Reaction score
Once he was a great player... but now he is 36 years old... he should leave :cry:

Reaction score
07/31/2002. Legendary AC Milan defender Alessandro Costacurta who has left the club after more than a decade of service is set to choose between New York Metrostars and English side Fulham in the coming week.

Speaking to his former club's TV station, Milan Channel the sweeper said that he no longer wished to play in Italy.

"In Italy I don't want to play for any other side. I want only AC Milan in my curriculum vitae as for Italian clubs. It's like a pin I'll wear all through my life. "

Costacurta went on to say that his vacation in the United States had been a rather refreshing one and that he would enjoy playing for the Metrostars. However, he admitted that he may choose to go to Fulham to link up with good friend and former teammate Francesco Baresi who is the Director Of Football of the English side.

Costacurta added that he would relish the chance of returning to Milan to take up a new challenge and could see himself doing so in the future. "I had an extraordinary career both from a professional and human point of view. I hope to work again at Milan in the future and most probably I will."
(soccerage)

Its a pitty he leaves but he will be back at milan and he won't play for another italian club!
Forza Billy

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Costacurta is our legend!
I will miss him, once he will return...not as player but he will return.....

emre

Primavera
Reaction score
I only just found out he left :cry: :cry: :cry:
He is a legend
He is a champion
He is my Legend
He is my Champion

I was so happy to see he will return, and that he would never play for another italian club :proud:

Schedule