The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
In my defense.
RR is so-so.
Mussachio didn't have enough opportunity

Maybe but they have to be considered flops given the prices paid. Both were signed for 20m and RR was outshone by Kolarov who cost a quarter of the price whilst Musacchio spent the majority of the season on the bench. Just like Andre Silva. Not a wise use of limited funds.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Bellanova is Kaka but plays as an RB lmao.

Well at least Calabria can play as an LB as well.

Bellanova will be better than Calabria. He can actually defend and is equally good going forward.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
They got to the semifinals because of di francesco... monchi didn’t do anything for roma last season

I meant, selling Salah had no effect on their season in the end.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
So many current/former top Serie A mids on the market (Vidal/Nainggolan/Strootman/Hamsik) yet we can't seem to attract any. Thanks Galliani for devaluing the brand so much that players have to think hard about joining midtable Milan. Back in the day it used to be a no-brainer. :g::thumbsup:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
This striker obsession doesn't bode well for next season.

Miserabelli seems to want star CFs at all costs, even if it means the wings and CMs have to be neglected once again.
Nothing has been learned from last year.

Wingers/WF that can score should be top priority.

Cutrone as regular has at least 15-20 league goals in him, without PKs. He proved that this season, with midfielders that can't nor want to set him up, Hakan who only matured at the end and Jesus the ball hog. Kalinic isn't going anywhere, so might as well stick with him as backup instead of bloating the squad with top paid strikers that can't play together and mediocre players to provide the service.

Anyone from Sergej/Tolisso/Nainggolan/Alcantara would be a dream, but is also likely to remain a dream.
If we're aren't getting the mezz'ala we need for a 3 man midfield, then just scratch it and dedicate the mercato to a 4231/4411 for once.

What's likely to happen is that we get Falcao/Zaza/Morata, a just okay winger that we expect miracles from, an inexperienced CM like Ceballos or mediocre Italian one, yet another CDM like Badelj, along with Strinic, Reina and a CB if Musacchio leaves. Dollar, Kalinic and Montolivo stay.
Bloated, unbalanced squad with a wagebill size near Juve's.
But a points tally closer to the relegation zone.
We'll remain dependent on Lazio and Inter fucking up worse than us and none of the smaller clubs pulling a 2010 Sampdoria.
I partially agree. We need players from the left side who can help relieve the workload of the goalscorers. I think Hakan would make a good LCM personally, his work rate is amazing. Reminds me of a young Hamsik. But Jack and Hakan scored 14 between them. We need a left-sided player who scores that much on his own.

A player like Depay would get 10-15 goals in Serie A with around 5-10 assists. But even then we'd still need 15-25 goals a season goalscorer.

Honestly, I'd like a better striker but not just a name. Someone who knows how to score above all else. Fuck it, I'd take a Bas Dost over a Morata at this point. Before I get flamed...when we were shit in 97 who helped turn things around for the Scudetto winning 98-99 season? Oliver Bierhoff. Patrick Kluivert (Andre Silva) sucked, so we had to bring in a guaranteed goal-scorer.

Last edited:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
So many current/former top Serie A mids on the market (Vidal/Nainggolan/Strootman/Hamsik) yet we can't seem to attract any.

wtf is strootma doing in there?
nainggolan is a drunk butt smoker, who is 30.
vidal wreckless, but id take him.

hamsik the only one id really want from that list. vidal too... the other 2, couldnt give less of a fuck

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Keep the nucleus of the squad intact (Donnarumma-Bonucci-Romagnoli-Biglia-Kessie-Hakan-Cutrone) and sign Immobile (Serie A's joint top scorer), Callejon (one of the leagues best RW), Depay (top player in 2 European leagues) and a quality holding midfielder/B2B (Strootman/Dembele) and we can compete with anybody. Unless General Grintuso fucks it up :lol:

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Keep the nucleus of the squad intact (Donnarumma-Bonucci-Romagnoli-Biglia-Kessie-Hakan-Cutrone) and sign Immobile (Serie A's joint top scorer), Callejon (one of the leagues best RW), Depay (top player in 2 European leagues) and a quality holding midfielder/B2B (Strootman/Dembele) and we can compete with anybody. Unless General Grintuso fucks it up :lol:

so you think li fradu will spend

60 -imobile
20 calejon
50 depay
30 dembele

almost 150 mil

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You look like a mental patient, laughing without a reason... Are you ok, Kojak?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Milan have no intention of selling Ricardo Rodriguez. Mirabelli attended the Switzerland-Japan friendly today to check the left back[Sky]

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
wtf is strootma doing in there?
nainggolan is a drunk butt smoker, who is 30.
vidal wreckless, but id take him.

hamsik the only one id really want from that list. vidal too... the other 2, couldnt give less of a fuck

Don't be silly...you'd take Strootman/Nainggolan in a heartbeat as they're better than any midfielders we currently have. Both were instrumental for Roma this season and the season before where Spalletti achieved a record points tally. Both can play B2B roles effectively in addition to AM (Nainggolan) and holding midfielder in a 4231 (Strootman). They're both available for peanuts too (Strootman 32m + Nainggolan 40m).

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan have no intention of selling Ricardo Rodriguez. Mirabelli attended the Switzerland-Japan friendly today to check the left back[Sky]

Miserabelli so lost he scouting players he already signed now

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
so you think li fradu will spend

60 -imobile
20 calejon
50 depay
30 dembele

almost 150 mil

Immobile 50m (plus bonuses)
Depay 40m (plus bonuses)
Callejon 20m
Strootman 32m (release clause)
TOTAL 142m

Suso 38m (release clause)
Kalinic 15m
Bacca 15m
Andre Silva 30m (plus bonuses)
TOTAL 98m

So in reality the net spend is just 44m to significantly upgrade the team. Luckily, Suso + Bacca already have a market and the WC should help raise Kalinic + Silva's chances of getting sold. We also have the possibility of cashing in on bench players like Musacchio or even Rodriguez/Donnarumma if needed.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Good to hear. Very talented player and still only about 25. :thumbsup:

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Defrel was a specific request from Di Francesco who coached him at Sassuolo. Not Monchi's fault. Schick was injured for most of the season but came good towards the end.

Pellegrini, Under & Kolarov have been massive hits. Karsdrop got injured so can't be judged (like Conti) leaving Moreno and Gonalons as the only flops. Luckily Moreno was re-sold quickly whereas Gonalons only cost 5m.

Mirabellend hits:
Bonucci
Biglia
Kessie
Calhanoglu
Borini (relative to price paid)

Mirabellend flops:
Rodriguez
Musacchio
Andre Silva
Kalinic (although specific request by Montella)

N/A:
Conti
A. Donnarumma (specific request by Gigio)

Agreed, but not about RR and Musacchio.

RR wasn't that bad, and considering it was his first season in a new league and everything, he can still improve significantly. I wouldn't call him a hit nor a flop at this point. An okay signing signing what we had before.

Regarding Musacchio, he did pretty well whenever called upon. He was signed to be a starter but then the Bonucci opportunity came up and they took it so you can't say he was a useless signing cuz at the time nobody thought we could get someone like Bonucci. Just cuz he had 2 better CBs ahead of him doesn't make a flop.

The major problem with Mirabelli is that he listened to montella and it seems like neither of them knew what the formation was supposed to be :lol: no right wing cover for suso, i don't think hakan was intended to be a left wing either. And even if they wanted to go with 352, they got no SS :lol:

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bellanova will be better than Calabria. He can actually defend and is equally good going forward.

Can he play LB?

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Good to hear. Very talented player and still only about 25. :thumbsup:

I'm on the fence about selling him. He did well under Montella but was one of the few players who regressed badly under Gattuso. Not sure if it was down to Gattuso or him or both. The fact he has a lot of top teams interested in him (Bayern, Dortmund, Monaco) and given it's a WC year means this is our best chance to cash in on him. But since Criscito's gone to Genoa and Asamoah's headed to Inter I'd rather keep him if the alternative is fucking Biraghi.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Don't think so. We actually had a very promising LB (Llamas) who turned out to be a dud.

Well then I'm hoping we could let Bellanova be the 2nd RB with Calabria being the 2nd LB. hopefully calabria can do it though. i tend to get scared when he plays LB.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I could seriously see Conti doing well as a right wing btw.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Agreed, but not about RR and Musacchio.

RR wasn't that bad, and considering it was his first season in a new league and everything, he can still improve significantly. I wouldn't call him a hit nor a flop at this point. An okay signing signing what we had before.

Regarding Musacchio, he did pretty well whenever called upon. He was signed to be a starter but then the Bonucci opportunity came up and they took it so you can't say he was a useless signing cuz at the time nobody thought we could get someone like Bonucci. Just cuz he had 2 better CBs ahead of him doesn't make a flop.

The major problem with Mirabelli is that he listened to montella and it seems like neither of them knew what the formation was supposed to be :lol: no right wing cover for suso, i don't think hakan was intended to be a left wing either. And even if they wanted to go with 352, they got no SS :lol:

Mirabelli's biggest downfall was entrusting the forward line to a guy who'd never scored more than 15 goals and a kid with just 1 season in the Portuguese league. That was a recipe for disaster. :lol::fp:

That's why I'd be shocked if we sign anybody other than a proven Serie A hitman like Immobile, Cavani or even Belotti. Mirabelli needs somebody who can guarantee goals so I can't see us signing Werner or somebody coming off a bad season like Morata. Especially given how expensive they are.

I'm sure we'll also recall Bacca as a backup or trade him with Zaza who's got a decent scoring record in Serie A. Mirabelli knows his jobs on the line so can't make the same mistake twice.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I could seriously see Conti doing well as a right wing btw.

Yep he was the most prolific RWB in Europe in terms of goals/assists 2 seasons ago. With his speed and ability going forward he'd make a good RW backup. Sign Callejon for RW and Depay for LW with Conti and Hakan/Bonaventura being very capable backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule