Official Romanian Liga I thread

Who's going to win the 2010-2011 season of Liga I?

• Total voters

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
matherchot said:
PS. Maybe we should start a Divizia A thread.
Good idea!

I see there are quite a lot of Romanians here. Now that I have satellite I get a fair amount of Romanian football coverage + I would certainly welcome the chance to learn more about it.

Go ahead guys! Bitch about Steaua all you want + be sure to give me all the gory details :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called Liga I from this season. That's because they were too stupid to register "Divizia A" as a trademark and someone did it before them. ;) I've changed the title to reflect this.

Added a poll.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Let's hope they've learnt their lesson and registered Divizia Sexy :D Didn't watch the games this weekend - except Poli-Rapid second half. Poli looks a pretty compact side but only time will tell (away @ Dinamo a real test). I'm quite delighted with CFR's start. Hope they'll keep up the pace and cause a stir ... highly unlikely though.

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bucharest, Romania, Ghencea Stadium, Curva Nord
CFR played only bottom of the league teams. There real test will be agains Poli. I think this is there real first hard game. Steaua had an easy win at UTA. I think the title will be played betwen Steaua, Dinamo, Rapid and Poli.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
cosmin said:
CFR played only bottom of the league teams. There real test will be agains Poli. I think this is there real first hard game. Steaua had an easy win at UTA. I think the title will be played betwen Steaua, Dinamo, Rapid and Poli.

Yeah me 2 :D...i dont realy like our internal footbal cause off all the cheating going around so i guess il suport only poli and rapid :D

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
poli..cause i dont realy like lucescu:D

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Easy game vs UTA ? The score doesnt reflect what was on the pitch. UTA should've scored at least 1 goal.
Steaua will win it again, i think. Dinamo is too shaky, Rapid offence = 0, Poli Timisoara pretty much inconstant. It would be lovely to stop the Bucharest hegemony. :D

Medeea

Primavera
Reaction score
I also hope Steaua will win 06/07. Let's face it, it's the one team that is mature enough to become a great team in Europe. Forza Steaua! :D

Well, the truth is that at the beginning of each season there are few teams that win the first games and seam to be a threat to the others, but let's face it, the championship is long.
The battle is between Steaua, Rapid, Dinamo then CFR and maybe Poli Timisoara.

Hope we'll have a good season 06/07 :star:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
I have one friend from romania and she supports Steaua .. So I am with her :D

DJ MILANO

1st Class User
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chivu, Nesta, D.Cisse, Inzaghi , Kaka, Ronaldinho, Robinho
Y am also a STEAUA fan and i wish STEAUA to win the title this year it would be the 3rd in a row and STEAUA deserves it because is the best team in Liga 1 i think Rapid shouldn`t be a problem because they los in uefa cup with FK Sarajevo and in Liga 1 they are not in a good form.Y think the only team that should have a chance this year to win title is Steaua and Poli and maybe Dinamo.But Steaua have a chance in plus because they dont sell important players,the only important player that has leave the club is Ogararu who went to Ajax Amsterdam.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I don't know anything about that. But i know Steaua is a famous and strong team, so i vote they will win the champion !

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Medeea said:
I also hope Steaua will win 06/07. Let's face it, it's the one team that is mature enough to become a great team in Europe. Forza Steaua! :D

Hope we'll have a good season 06/07 :star:

:star: Forza Steaua !!! :star: I think this season will be easy for us as Dinamo and Rapid are weak. Also, I think CFR and Poli don't seem to be a threat for us.
I hope there will be three Steaua-Milan matches: two in the group stages and the third would be the CL final. ;)

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
tmilan said:
:star: Forza Steaua !!! :star: I think this season will be easy for us as Dinamo and Rapid are weak. Also, I think CFR and Poli don't seem to be a threat for us.
I hope there will be three Steaua-Milan matches: two in the group stages and the third would be the CL final. ;)

I just hope for the 2 in the group stage. It will be a great show. Dica shows a great form. 3 goals in the first 3 games of the championship.

DJ MILANO

1st Class User
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cosmin said:
I just hope for the 2 in the group stage. It will be a great show. Dica shows a great form. 3 goals in the first 3 games of the championship.

And also a goal for national team Romania-Cyprus 2-0 Dica,Mutu

Dica it`s a great player and he can score in front of Milan :D .

Anyway a group stage with Steaua and AC Milan will by a sensational group.
But first Milan have to beat Red Star Belgrade and Steaua have to beat Standard Liege,2 matches that romanian fans will see on TV.

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli Dinamo 1-1 Fuck Dinamo Lame Ass Dogs

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Poli Timisoara are so 'impotent'. :head:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I watched the game but fell asleep during half time. Dinamo looked good. Ze Kalanga's over rated IMO. He was bound to have one cross right after the half-dozen he skied into the crowds. I'm saying this based on the first half play but I heard they (and he) played better in the second.

Seems like its going to be a two horse race between Steaua and Dimano unless CFR can rob Bucharest :D When was the last time another town won Liga 1?

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Craiova won it in 1990 I think. And Petrolul won the Cup in the mid 90s. That's a long time, unfortunately.

Farul lost to Unirea Urziceni. At home! Pfffffffffffft! Their town is smaller than half my neighbourhood FFS.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Tough luck for Farul especially since you were doing well going into the match at Steaua. I wouldn't mind an upset though :D Sorry Cosmin, but any result on CFR's side would make me happy. Can't wait for the stadium here to reopen so I can go watch them.

DJ MILANO

1st Class User
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think this year the title race is between Steaua and Dinamo but Steaua would triumph for the 3rd year.Steaua is too good to let a couple of dogs to win the title.I see the table like this to the end of the season :

1.STEAUA
2.Dinamo
3.CFR Cluj
4.Poli Timisoara
5.Farul
6.Rapid

Maybe with some small changes but this is a top 6 that should be with this teams.

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
Tough luck for Farul especially since you were doing well going into the match at Steaua. I wouldn't mind an upset though :D Sorry Cosmin, but any result on CFR's side would make me happy. Can't wait for the stadium here to reopen so I can go watch them.

Everything is posible but i don't see it happen. :tongue:

PS: I got my ticket for Steaua-Standard today. No line. It's good to have season tickets. :cool:

Medeea

Primavera
Reaction score
madtherchot said:

Me to, I hope the stadium will be reopened shortly. Don't have yet any info when this will happen :conf:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
cosmin said:
Everything is posible but i don't see it happen. :tongue:
Me neither, but its always good to dream. And look who's still number one! :proud:
cosmin said:
PS: I got my ticket for Steaua-Standard today. No line. It's good to have season tickets. :cool:
I hope Steaua wins. I don't hate Steaua and would like to see them in the CL. When was the last time a Romanian team was in the CL? '96-'97?

Medeea, I think it'll be ready pretty soon. Don't know exactly though, but in about 5 home games or so.

Schedule