Official Romanian Liga I thread

Who's going to win the 2010-2011 season of Liga I?

• Total voters

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
53f0f650fbae0de4978c29297cbd444a.png

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Jasper we signed one of your people : Sergei Lepmets.Is he a good player?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Really don't know. He's a young lad and I read he will occupy the third keeper spot in your squad. I guess he will have to prove if he's any good.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romanian League Matches To Go Ahead Despite Inclement Weather
Romanian Football League president Dumitru Dragomir has confirmed the 19th matchday will go ahead as planned despite adverse weather conditions.

The country is gripped with snow and heavy rain and there was a possibility that the league matches would have to be postponed.

"The return fixtures will be played, even if there is a metre of snow," the president told AFP.

Otelul Galati currently lead the standings on 39 points.

diehardmilanist

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Do u guys remember Unirea Urziceni who played in the Champions League last season ?

Well,they are gonna play in the second league of Romania next season :)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congrats to Otelul Galati!

66fcf88493f5e22e726b8a199a89581d.png

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats indeed. Yesterday's match between Otelul and Poli is the only one I saw this season. The league is that good. :fp:

I'm glad teams other than the usual suspects get to win every now and then.

Looks like Craiova might relegate. :eek: So well managed... :fp: :lol:

Disappointing season for CFR. As for Urziceni, I don't think they'll ever get back to Liga I.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Congrats to Otelul Galati!

They have been so much helped this season its pathetic.No excuses for us not beating them(epic fail when it matter again)but that team has been helped like Steaua&Dinamo before the 90`s

This league is a joke now.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Timisoara & Bistrita relegated to the third league! :fp: Iancu's such a moron. :lol:

But I'm glad Bistrita went down. Not sure if all this is final though.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Incredible stuff happening in Liga I. I haven't followed it intently because I'm still kinda :fp: at CFR and U this season.

At least they beat Ploiesti

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romania: Rangers' tormenters go from Europe to oblivion

Unirea Urziceni, the club that beat Rangers 4-1 at Ibrox in the Champions League two years ago, have been closed down after their owner lost interest.

It is an unlikely move, even by Liga 1 standards. Unirea, a previously low-profile, low-achieving side from a town of 20,000 people, rose to prominence in 2002 after being bought by the businessman Dumitru Bucsaru. After five big-spending years, they were in the top flight being managed by the ex-Chelsea player Dan Petrescu, who rebranded them "The Wolves".

The year 2009 was special. Unirea, famous in Romania for having only one regular away fan, known as "the Lonely Wolf", beat the established sides and won the title. Petrescu moved on, but his side powered ahead, setting a Champions League points record for a Romanian club, earning Bucsaru an estimated €20m (£18m) in the process.

Then came the twist. As Radu Baicu of scoutingromania.com writes: "Bucsaru realised the only way for Unirea now was downwards, so quitting while he was ahead made perfect sense."

Last season, Bucsaru launched his exit strategy: selling off the best of the squad and, after defeat to Liverpool in the Europa League, watching the remnants slide to relegation. Last week, authorities confirmed Bucsaru had walked away, leaving behind a shell of a club with a tax debt of €1.5m. Fixtures and fittings are being sold off to help cover that – including the turnstiles, listed at €85k.

Gazeta Sporturilor described Bucsaru's brief reign as "like an enormous prank", while Urziceni's mayor said he was powerless to salvage their 57-year-old club. "We just can't afford to save it. It would take three times our annual budget."

As for the fan response: the Lonely Wolf – real name Leonard Constantin – says he will find a way to move on. "It's sad, but I will find a new club. I'm already making new banners. I love this game. For me, football is everything."

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

5,5 months without pay and is looking to find his way out.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
The stadium in Bucuresti is just... wow!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Yeah, they built one in Cluj as well. Didn't get to see them, hopefully i will some day.

CFR Victorie !!!

CFR Victorie !!!

CFR Victorie !!!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
great documentary about new owner who wants to change the club's identity

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Schedule