Week 21: AC Milan - SSC Napoli 26/01/2019 20:30 CET

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match Day! Forza Milan!

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Expected lineup.

Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Bakayoko, Paqueta; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu.

Napoli (4-4-2): Meret; Malcuit, Albiol, Koulibaly, Mario Rui; Callejon, Diawara, Fabian Ruiz, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Romagnoli has that beautiful rustic Lazio-almost-Campania accent.

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We have only won 1 of the last 15 games against Napoli... Fuck. That's very bad results.

Mistramian

Primavera
Reaction score
Proud - i have a good feeling we might take the 3
Points home. With this squad (now all players are motivated and no more bias) we can make top 4!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Protagonist of the new format '5 questions to ...' on the official match program of Milan, Patrick Cutrone replied to the five questions received.

Milan-Naples, what game do you expect?
"A difficult race, we know the value of Naples and certainly we will try to prepare it to the best, with the right mentality"

Gattuso and Cutrone, grit and poison?
"The coach understands the malice with which I have to go on every ball, when I attack towards the door." We have different malice, let's say (laughs, ed) ".

The affection of the fans.
"Fundamental, and I appreciate them so much that they love me so much, I thank them so much".

The Champions race?
"The championship is long, we think race after race, and we certainly did an important test in Genoa that was not easy".

How much has Cutrone grown?
"So, definitely, I feel improved thanks to the coach, my teammates and their advice, I tried to train at the best in every training".

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Arrigo Sacchi gave advice to Carlo Ancelotti, Gennaro Gattuso, Alessio Romagnoli, Patrick Cutrone and Lorenzo Insigne ahead of Milan-Napoli.

It kicks off at 19.30 GMT, click here for a match preview.

“Romagnoli hasn’t improved to the degree we expected,” the legendary Rossoneri Coach told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He has a lot of quality, but needs to do far more work, paying less attention to his image.

“Cutrone can become a great striker. He must focus more on his behaviour, as at his age it’s best not to moan about a substitution or argue with an experienced referee like Daniele Orsato. Modesty helps one to mature.”

Sacchi had Ancelotti in his squad and recognises the Milan spirit in successor Gennaro Gattuso.

“Rino has already done so much, giving the team back dignity and pride. Despite the numerous absentees and the not particularly impressive level of quality, he is keeping Milan in the Champions League places. He just needs to grow along with the players to have some more fluid football.

“Only Ancelotti could know how to win over the Neapolitans after Maurizio Sarri and nobody could’ve done better than this. Napoli played very well against Lazio, but at times, Carlo should forget he is Italian… For example, with Liverpool in the Champions League, he was too tactical about it.

“Keeping Nikola Maksimovic stuck back there in defence took a man away from the build-up. Jurgen Klopp, on the other hand, won with two attacking full-backs.

“I know that Carlo is thinking about a new role for Piotr Zielinski, but the lad is talented and needs to be more consistent. I like Fabian Ruiz, as he is solid and does what is essential.

“Lorenzo Insigne enchanted me all the way back to the Italy Under-20 squad, but talent is not enough. Insigne must realise he is the symbol of Napoli and demand the most from himself and his ambitions. If he gives his all in every training session and every game, he’ll be a leader and won’t get any more matches wrong.

“Perhaps Lorenzo would’ve learned more of that with an experience elsewhere.”

Milan and Napoli battled for the Scudetto in the late 1980s and early 90s, but Sacchi reveals it could’ve been very different.

“Diego Armando Maradona wanted me to come to Napoli. He said with him and Careca, we'd always start from 1-0. I would’ve had to change for Maradona, but I certainly would’ve tried.”

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Please begin your match day rituals

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Please begin your match day rituals

Noted. This time with Bakayoko going from zero in the last Napoli game to hero this game. 2-1 to us.

VPayne

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Noted. This time with Bakayoko going from zero in the last Napoli game to hero this game. 2-1 to us.
That would be so good. I remember his first touch back then...

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
pls just win . i don't care if we play ugly right now .
we should win if we want Champions League .

Forza Milan.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
2:0 Milan, piatek, suso

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
how beautiful it would be to se piatek score

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Hasn´t there been a press conference for this game? Or have I missed something?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

I think I saw something on Facebook.

Haven't seen anything on here though.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We need to be on 110% to have a chance here. With hakan playing well and suso defending.

I wxpext defensive milan today

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

You missed it, check official twitter. Piatek likely to start on bench.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bakayoko will be key tonight.. a top class performance if we wanna win

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bakayoko will be key tonight.. a top class performance if we wanna win

Yeah this is a real test for him. Certified our best player of the season so far if he dominates tonight. Napoli has a great midfield.

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This is Paq's debut in San Siro rite. Im hyped. Gimme a bit of Conti and Piatek too plz.