Official: Daniele Bonera Thread

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well that was unexpected..
Welcome Bonera... Finally we've signed a good young defender... At least it shows were aware of our probs.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
We signed a young defender! That hasn't happened since Sandro. :tongue:

Welcome, Bonera!

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Welcome Daniele Bonera...
have a nice time here at Milano, hope you will play good here and be a good defender, we need you.

costacurta5

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Costacurta, Leonardo, Ambrosini, Brocchi
His quite young, but still old enough to be experienced. He was good in that CM computergame, hope hes good for real too...

And he is an italian. I think is good to have as many of them as posible, since Milan is an italian team.

You know, when Arsenal played Real Madrid, only one englishman was on the pitch... Beckham!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players
good signing,

now lets hope that there will be many more signings to follow ^^

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
costacurta5 said:
His quite young, but still old enough to be experienced. He was good in that CM computergame, hope hes good for real too...

And he is an italian. I think is good to have as many of them as posible, since Milan is an italian team.

You know, when Arsenal played Real Madrid, only one englishman was on the pitch... Beckham!

All the good englishmen would be too expensive for Arsenal and the others are just not good enough. Speaks wonders about the talent available in England doesn't it.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Bonera is still as good as he was?? I have a strange feeling he might be a flop

gahanthegod

violator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dave Gahan, Martin L. Gore, Alan Wilder, Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher.
Oh, why didn't I see this?!
Great, great signing! Welcome Bonera!

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
He is solid defensively but we need some attacking capabilities I don’t think Bonera posses.
we need some1 like Oddo or Trabelsi so I hope Bonera is considered as a CD not as a RB.

Anyway , he is young – Italian – versatile so …………… welcome.

imp8715

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Cassano, Bergkamp
sivlE said:
How would you rate Bonera vs. Oddo? Better, Equal, Worse?

i guess as a right back i'd go w/ oddo, but bonera can also play centre back.
he plays more defensively than oddo when he's on the right.

imp8715

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Cassano, Bergkamp
Wild said:
He is solid defensively but we need some attacking capabilities I don’t think Bonera posses.
we need some1 like Oddo or Trabelsi so I hope Bonera is considered as a CD not as a RB.

yanku would go up far on the left, as we did with maldini&cafu

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
a kind of forgotten name in italian football...

lets hope in the precence of legends such as maldini, costacurta and the world champions such as cafu, pirlo, pippo etc he will be inspired to rediscover his past form

BoredGame

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ACM
awesome news, i thought juventus was signing daniele, but he finally came to us, he have the skills and what it takes, he can struggle for a regular as long as carlo lets him. he is an international, and finally someone young to spice up the tired defence.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
besikaka said:
A.C. MILAN COMUNICATO UFFICIALE
28/07/2006
MILANO - L'A.C. Milan comunica di aver acquisito a titolo definitivo dal Parma FC le prestazioni del calciatore Daniele Bonera, difensore classe 1981, che ha firmato un contratto fino al 30 giugno 2010.

bonera01.jpg
This was a deadset shocker! Personally I think Bonera is overrated though he has talent and hopefully under Milan he can shine like he did in previous seasons. I'm glad Milan brought in an italian defender. I wonder who else?!? Private deals...every surprising. :D

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Bonera has always been hyped as one of the next great Italian defenders. Well....now he is at his favorite club and one of the biggest. Time to prove it at this level. Let's just hope he isn't another Coco.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
A shocker indeed ... welcome Daniele!

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Very pleasant surprise! Welcome and good luck :)

Anyone got any clips of him in action?

Last edited:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Wild said:

Possibly we will change our system, and play more defensively at the back, and more offensive from midfield.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
pippoinzag}{i said:
Possibly we will change our system, and play more defensively at the back, and more offensive from midfield.
Bonera is a replacement for Stam. His versitility will prove very useful for us. He wont have to attach as much we could just use Serginho from the left ot if we want to attack we can start with Cafu. The signings we have made so far have been very good it allows us several options to attack and defend. We just need Suazo and we will be complete.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
San Paolo said:
Bonera is a replacement for Stam. His versitility will prove very useful for us. He wont have to attach as much we could just use Serginho from the left ot if we want to attack we can start with Cafu. The signings we have made so far have been very good it allows us several options to attack and defend. We just need Suazo and we will be complete.
Yeah, and Buffon if we can manage to get Juve to part with him.

dardar_3

Primavera
Reaction score
sivlE said:
How would you rate Bonera vs. Oddo? Better, Equal, Worse?
I think Bonera is really good... You'll see that he will make a good start...

PS: All the players who play for Milan have in their mind champion mentality.

Forza Milan!!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
Bonera has always been hyped as one of the next great Italian defenders. Well....now he is at his favorite club and one of the biggest. Time to prove it at this level. Let's just hope he isn't another Coco.
LOL... + so true about the hype. He's solid but not European/World class, in fact I think he hasn't improved at all since he caught my eye sometime 2002/03. Whether we put Simic on a CB position or Bonera ~ same difference IF Bonera doesn't make a performance leap... At least he's under 30 ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
San Paolo said:

... and, if Im going to be selfish, Tevez, a RM and offensive RB. We can get rid of Amoroso and keep 4 forwards.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
imp8715 said:
yanku would go up far on the left, as we did with maldini&cafu
I don’t think Yanku will get his chance with Ancelotti still a coach.
And with our midfield always the same with Kaka-Pirlo-Seedorf-Gatu we don’t have any fast players on flanks.
So don’t know if a miracle will occurred & Milan will play a straight defense with Fogia or Gurcuff on flanks 2 give us some pace & creativity.
But I really doubt it coz Seedorf on the bench with Ancelotti -- > impossible.

The presence of Pirlo in the team give u no solution but 2 have attacking full backs.
And the presence of Seedorf in the team is another hold back 4 us.
Both in the same midfield is a disaster unless u have attacking full backs.
I just hope Pirlo continue his form like in the WC.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
DugiNesta said:
Our 1st buy after scandal, hope won't be the last.

We need BIG names.
yeah how bout Jan Vennegoor of Hiltswank<sumthin like that> , thats a big name :cool: :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
He wont have to attach as much we could just use Serginho from the left ot if we want to attack we can start with Cafu.
Reality check : His play is not attack-minded at all (that much for 'he won't have to attack as much') + age has taken its toll on Cafu's + Serginho's attacking prowess. Now what ? A (further) midfield overhaul to accomodate + balance the changes,, but would we go for it ?