Status
Not open for further replies.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
question:

is antonio valencia the most english winger in the epl?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
not even consideration for the 4-4-1-1 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I wish I could recorded a convo with, probably the friend who's opinion about football i respect the most (for you specifically).

A 2 hr debate on how usa needs a 4-4-1-1 and not a 4-4-2. He literally spent 30 minutes talking about the open channels landon could take off the main striker if we just dropped the stupid 4-4-2 with landon as a winger.

I brought out the jack daniels before i got the full offside trap/keeper backline relationship discussion thank god. Every former goalkeeper thinks they are some sort of football scholar....

It doesn't matter that you need much better players than your opponents, it doesn't matter that they all need to be a very specific type of player, and it doesn't matter that those players no longer exist. If it's not 4-4-2, it's negative/gay.

Confusingly, they all love Barcelona.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Im assuming direct, just run straight and cross the ball kind of winger, unlike nani/young/malouda ect.

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
:lol:

Ah, hmm. What about Downing who Liverpool signed? He does the same no? And he is actually English!

I like Valencia to be honest. Crossing like it is 1999 and playing 4-4-2 is awesome too. Very heterosexual football.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
question:

is antonio valencia the most english winger in the epl?

Yes. I remember speaking to my brother about how many 4-4-2 players are still around, and Valencia was one of very few we could think of.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
on the tactical front... is daglish going to utlize the 3/5 man backline this year again? I feel he caught england by surprise last year. Might not be worst idea

then again the whole 'give suarez the ball' tactic is always spot on:thumbsup:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
:lol:

Ah, hmm. What about Downing who Liverpool signed? He does the same no? And he is actually English!

I like Valencia to be honest. Crossing like it is 1999 and playing 4-4-2 is awesome too. Very heterosexual football.

haha. sooo true.

real men run in straight lines, passi n straight lines, don't put any sort of swere on the ball ever.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
It doesn't matter that you need much better players than your opponents, it doesn't matter that they all need to be a very specific type of player, and it doesn't matter that those players no longer exist. If it's not 4-4-2, it's negative/gay.

shit i agree with them :lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Korea international Lee Chung-Yong ruled out for nine months due to broken leg
Bolton's 2009-10 Player of the Year winner will miss most of the 2011-12 Premier League campaign after suffering a double fracture in his right leg in a pre-season friendly

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia...lee-chung-yong-ruled-out-for-nine-months-due-

:( he was an exciting player to watch at times

Park Ji-Sung confirms he is close to signing two-year contract extension at Manchester United
The Korean midfielder rubbishes reports linking him with a move away from the club, and insists arrival of Ashley Young will provide healthy competition for places

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia...sung-confirms-he-is-close-to-signing-two-year

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fergie rejects Sneijder talk
United boss says Cleverley could be an option to replace Scholes

Sir Alex Ferguson says it is 'absolute nonsense' that Manchester United have given Wesley Sneijder an ultimatum regarding a move to Old Trafford.

United have been heavily linked with a bid for the Inter Milanmidfielder amid suggestions Ferguson is searching for a long-term replacement for the retired Paul Scholes.

The Red Devils boss has recently suggested he is not in the market for a new midfielder, but the links to Sneijder persist.

Reports had claimed that the Premier League champions have put a final contract offer to Sneijder following claims the Netherlands international wants to be the club's highest-paid player.

However, speaking after United's 2-1 win over Barcelona in Washington on Saturday evening, Ferguson dismissed the latest bout of speculation regarding Sneijder.

"Absolute nonsense," said Ferguson. "I have never discussed him. There is nothing new."

Cleverley praise

Ferguson is clearly unhappy with the story and emphasised his desire to find a replacement for Scholes from within his present squad by talking up the performance of England Under 21 midfielder Tom Cleverley.

"It an area we have to find a solution for," he said.

"That is why we played Tom Cleverley today. Physically he is not the strongest but he is wiry and has a great idea of the game.

"He is a good footballer and was our best player today. His discipline was terrific. He is a quick passer of the ball. He has good eyes.

"It was a big night for him. He is a big, strong possibility for us to start the season."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_7073851,00.html

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
has he scored against L'Arse?

Not exactly

But suddenly, with six minutes remaining, a great Henry pass saw Miller burst into the box and dink his shot over Szczesny, but the substitute Bartley knocked the ball into his own net to hand New York an undeserved equaliser and the trophy.

And yes, hes still the King :)

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

ACME, there's only one King, and it definately isn't an Arsenal player.

Fiero

Reaction score
England has only known one French King, and he was the creator of va va voom.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Manchester United move still on, says Internazionale's Wesley Sneijder
• Dutch midfielder hints that August move could happen
• Wage demands have so far proved the obstacle

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/31/manchester-united-internazionale-wesley-sneijder

Chelsea expected to make fresh move for Luka Modric
• André Villas-Boas to discuss bid with chief executive this week
• Lampard and Sturridge praise manager's impact

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/31/chelsea-luka-modric-transfer

Premier League preview No1: Arsenal
Last season, Arsène Wenger asked people to judge him in May. This time, judgement might come as early as September

Guardian writers' prediction: 5th (NB: this is not necessarily Amy Lawrence's prediction, but the average of our writers' tips)

Last season's position: 4th

Odds to win the league: 9-1

First the good news. Jack Wilshere seems perfectly happy to play for Arsenal. Thomas Vermaelen looks ready to resume a promising career for the club after a season blanked out by injury. Gervinho might prove to be another classic Arsène Wenger bargain, an athletic and pacy ball player raring to step up a level, spirited over from France for a fee that doesn't make a certain manager with a well-documented devotion to cautious housekeeping choke as if he was asked to fix the Greek economy before breakfast.

Unfortunately at this point the scales lurch with a foreboding clang towards the less good news, the downright depressing news and the bewildering lack of news in critical areas that have made this the most pessimistic close season for Arsenal in decades.

For some years now summertime has merely represented a mix of dread about the best players being picked off, together with frustration that the handful of ambitious signings required to turn potential into the real deal never came. But few really expected, or even asked for, a radical overhaul.

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/01/premier-league-preview-arsenal-2011-12

Premier League preview No2: Aston Villa
Unless Alex McLeish profits from a benign set of early fixtures, there will be zero goodwill to fall back on if things go wrong

Guardian writers' prediction: 12th (NB: this is not necessarily Stuart James's prediction, but the average of our writers' tips)

Last season's position: 9th

Odds to win the league: 400-1

Did Alex McLeish hand-pick Aston Villa's opening fixtures? As a manager who starts the season under severe pressure to get his own supporters on side, McLeish could not have wished for a more benign opening to the campaign. With only one top-six opponent in his first 11 matches (and that game, against Manchester City, is not until the middle of October), McLeish has been given a wonderful chance to change a few opinions early on by picking up some much-needed victories.

The Scot had better hope it turns out that way because there will be zero goodwill to fall back on if things go wrong. Villa supporters were never going to welcome a former Birmingham City manager with open arms, although the objections to McLeish's appointment would appear to owe more to the fact that he presided over two relegations in three seasons at St Andrew's and picked up a reputation for playing dour football in the process.

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/01/premier-league-preview-aston-villa

What do you guy think about Arsenal and Aston Villa's chances???

I dont agree with the final standing that the Guardian has given them, i think Arsenal will do 4th place and AV in the top 10 for sure.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you guy think about Arsenal and Aston Villa's chances???

I dont agree with the final standing that the Guardian has given them, i think Arsenal will do 4th place and AV in the top 10 for sure.

I think City will finish above Arsenal but I'm not sure about Liverpool. If Fabregas leave, then it's a certainty imo.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Who knows how Villas-Boas would do. Anyway, I would predict something like -

1-2 = Manchester City/Manchester United (Either one)
3 = Chelsea
4-5 = Liverpool/Arsenal

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Who knows how Villas-Boas would do. Anyway, I would predict something like -

1-2 = Manchester City/Manchester United (Either one)
3 = Chelsea
4-5 = Liverpool/Arsenal

I agree, top 3 is kinda fixed between the top 3 on last season but i think Liverpool could be the dark-horse, King Kenny did a good job last season and this season i feel it could be Luis Suarez's year to explode. They just need to add a solid CB and possibly an LB as well.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I think he'd be taken in - Fergie would get him on the straight and narrow and he'd win over the unconvinced on the pitch

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Why would Man United want a mediocre midfielder to play with the mediocre midfielders they already have? Im pretty sure if they are going to get a midfielder then they are going to get a decent one, else thats just :fp: ...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's a joke website btw.

If nothing else, Barton would ruin the dressing room. It's pretty tight at United and everyone get's on (there's no factions like at Barca). Barton could ruin that.

Was a serious article actually. And you are correct about the dressing room bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.