Week 4: Inter - Milan 17/10/2020 18:00 CET

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Derby_55.jpg

The derby!

In-form Milan take on Conte's OAPs. Who will come out ahead?

As we know, a 2 goal lead isn't enough so let's get 4 this time.

PS: can mod edit title? It's week 4 not 3 I jinxed it again sorry friends....

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
This is the real test for this team. We play much better football while they play like shit, but they seem to have found a way to come out on top always anyways... lets just try to maintain the first 45 minutes we had against them last time over the course of 90 minutes.

Big question is if Romagnoli gets back, do we play him or Gabbia? Gabbia has been phenomenal, although played only against smaller teams. Or do we play Romagnoli who we know we can trust, but still he's coming back from a 3 months long injury?

Vms

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
Any updates on Zlatan?

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Shit. Not another typo on thread title, now we are probably already jinxed

I hope players don't bring no corona from international travelling

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
1st biggest match of the season, we can not lose

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

+1

We need this one.

We win and we make a very big statement that Milan is further along towards a true rebuilding

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Pls change title to Week 4 I made a doo-doo. :(

And yes, win this and we can steamroll mentality-wise I think over anyone. Inter are the one team we cannot seem to beat these last years (bar the Coppa game).

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Pls change title to Week 4 I made a doo-doo. :(

And yes, win this and we can steamroll mentality-wise I think over anyone. Inter are the one team we cannot seem to beat these last years (bar the Coppa game).

cant you do it by yourself??

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
It’s early days so the result might not change the grand scale of maths right now but may set the tone for the coming games.

Containing lukaku will be important... it’s not often our CB’s have to deal with such a physical specimen of a centre forward

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
First Derby without anyone in attendance since god knows when. Albeit it's been a benefitting factor for us.

We're heading into this game on a high note. Zlatan, Rebic and Romagnoli all recovered. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic here.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
First Derby without anyone in attendance since god knows when. Albeit it's been a benefitting factor for us.

We're heading into this game on a high note. Zlatan, Rebic and Romagnoli all recovered. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic here.

Roma might not have enough minutes in his legs to be a starter tho

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You sure about that?
I'm pessimistic for this exact reason.
Romagnoli might be available, but we don't know if he'll be ready. I don't think the back-four with Calabria and Gabbia have been defending well lately and I definitely don't trust them against Inter.
We had the great big game run with Conti, who is solid defensively compared to Calabria.

Rebic is still in pain apparently.

Ibra may not show symptoms, but it could take more than two weeks to get negative results, like Dybala.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Click "Edit" on the first post, "Go Advanced" and then change the title.

Oh. I didn't know I could to that. Graize :heart: I never use "Advanced" :D

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, at least we know we can blame Pingu if this whole season goes sideways against Inter

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Gabbia has been phenomenal, although played only against smaller teams.

Gabbia have NOT been phenomenal. Please chose your words :lol:

He's been good, but have been caught out of position many times and can be blamed for some goals. But he's young and will continue to develop, I hope he stays.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gabbia have NOT been phenomenal. Please chose your words :lol:

He's been good, but have been caught out of position many times and can be blamed for some goals. But he's young and will continue to develop, I hope he stays.

What goals bruh, we have zero conceded

If you put him into the context that he actually is only 20 years old, doesn't even have 15 (?) games in the highest Italian league of Serie A AND playing as calmly as he does for a 20 year old CB, I'd say there is a legitimate reason to say he's been phenomenal these games. Afterall, he is only 20 with next to none experience of professional football, you'd expect him to be alot more nervous and be running around like a headless chicken.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
What goals bruh, we have zero conceded

If you put him into the context that he actually is only 20 years old, doesn't even have 15 (?) games in the highest Italian league of Serie A AND playing as calmly as he does for a 20 year old CB, I'd say there is a legitimate reason to say he's been phenomenal these games. Afterall, he is only 20 with next to none experience of professional football, you'd expect him to be alot more nervous and be running around like a headless chicken.
We have also conceded 5 in 3 EL games.

Stop overrating Gabbia. He has been decent at best.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How many of them Gabbias fault? 4 goals conceded btw not 5

Nevermind I forgot the "grass is greener on the other side" mentality on this forum. Underrating our own players while overrating others. Had he been playing for St Etienne or Strasbourg you guys would be prepared to pay 30 millions for him

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm happy with Gabbia and curious about his progress in the future. The word phenomenal just sat wrong with me. He haven't bossed any games and you can see the holes in his game (lack of speed and positioning mostly).

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It'd be unfair to call him decent as well. That'd sit wrong with me. Decent is something you'd expect from Musacchio, an experienced defender who keeps his calm and plays decent with a mistake here and there. Not from a 20 year old CB with barely any professional games under his belt. You'd expect chaos from him
Not playing like an experienced defender

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gabbia has been decent at best, needs to grow

Romagnoli must start vs inter

Plus with rebic and ibra back im sure we can win

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I'm happy with Gabbia and curious about his progress in the future. The word phenomenal just sat wrong with me. He haven't bossed any games and you can see the holes in his game (lack of speed and positioning mostly).

Agree. Phenomenal would be him producing performances that are winning us the defence every game.

He has been solid, and above expectation, which is great but he does make novice mistakes that could have led to goals. Playing beside Kjaer surely helps and I'm glad he's doing well with plenty of growth. The one issue is can he handle the pressure of a bigger game like vs Inter?

Romagnoli coming back has to start that, he is used to it by now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It'd be unfair to call him decent as well. That'd sit wrong with me. Decent is something you'd expect from Musacchio, an experienced defender who keeps his calm and plays decent with a mistake here and there. Not from a 20 year old CB with barely any professional games under his belt. You'd expect chaos from him
Not playing like an experienced defender

You're calling Gabbia phenomenal because we had very low expectations for him and he played better than expected. As a starting CB for a Milan aiming for top 4 he's just decent, maybe a bit below that for me.

Schedule