Week 38: SPAL - Milan 26/05/2019 20:30 CET

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
So Inter or Atalanta need to at least lose or draw and we need to Win to make cl right? I’m gonna have to have all three games on at once

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
So Inter or Atalanta need to at least lose or draw and we need to Win to make cl right? I’m gonna have to have all three games on at once

If Milan win and one of Inter and Atalanta drop points we make the CL.

If Milan draw, Atalanta lose and Inter get at least a draw then we also make it.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Milan win and one of Inter and Atalanta drop points we make the CL.

If Milan draw, Atalanta lose and Inter get at least a draw then we also make it.

Wouldn't it be enough if we draw and Atalanta loose? We are leading in head to head.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be enough if we draw and Atalanta loose? We are leading in head to head.

Yes, but Inter in that scenario would need to at least draw as well because if the three of us end up on equal points, the results between all three come into play—and we come bottom in that case.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Just to summarize what needs to happen if we want CL once and for all.

Milan wins - need one of Inter and Atalanta to drop points, draw or loss doesnt matter.

Milan draws - needs Atalanta to lose and Inter to draw or win. In case of equal points between all three of us Atalanta and Inter gets CL, hence why we would need Inter to draw/win. In this case Inter and us gets CL.

Milan loses - no CL

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I don't think I have been this anxious leading up to a round of fixtures in a long long time.

What are your predictions?

I think we will draw, and Atalanta will lose. This is more based on a feeling than any logic.

I think Atalanta win. In hot form and actually good team. Don't think Sassuolo (even at "home") can take a result. They'll end 3rd.

I believe strongly we can win. SPAL away will be tough but we've turned a page since our poor run and Suso's form has me thinking he can be the difference. We clinch 4th on the last day.

Empoli - Inter is the tough one. Empoli are on fire, and might need a win for survival. Inter are chokers and dropped a fair few pts against lower sides.. but they need to win to secure CL and not rely on us/Atalanta. I think a draw with Empoli relegated and Inter end 5th.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Atalanta win. In hot form and actually good team. Don't think Sassuolo (even at "home") can take a result. They'll end 3rd.

I believe strongly we can win. SPAL away will be tough but we've turned a page since our poor run and Suso's form has me thinking he can be the difference. We clinch 4th on the last day.

Empoli - Inter is the tough one. Empoli are on fire, and might need a win for survival. Inter are chokers and dropped a fair few pts against lower sides.. but they need to win to secure CL and not rely on us/Atalanta. I think a draw with Empoli relegated and Inter end 5th.

This would be glorious.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This would be glorious.

True, it's what I hope for - well, with one adjustment.

Empoli win, Atalanta draw. That way we end 3rd, Atalanta 4th, Inter 5th.

And hope Genoa beat Fiorentina, while Udinese pick up a point.. so Empoli are safe and Montella gets relegated with Fiore :lol::lol::lol:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Logically, they both win and we draw.

Hopefully, we win and Atalanta and inter lose so we end up 3rd

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yes. I don't think I have been this anxious leading up to a round of fixtures in a long long time.

What are your predictions?

I think we will draw, and Atalanta will lose. This is more based on a feeling than any logic.

I am incapable of making pessimistic predictions. And I think Empoli is on fire. I'm going for an Empoli win, Sassuolo-Atalanta draw, and Milan barely nicking SPAL 2-1 or 1-0.

We'll finish 3rd.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am incapable of making pessimistic predictions. And I think Empoli is on fire. I'm going for an Empoli win, Sassuolo-Atalanta draw, and Milan barely nicking SPAL 2-1 or 1-0.

We'll finish 3rd.

I'm the exact opposite. I can't think optimistically at all about the game. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than have hopes destroyed. I think we'll draw and Inter and Atalanta win. That's what the odds all say should happen and i'll keep that in mind as the baseline mentally for what is going to happen. Anything better would be a wonderful surprise.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
My prediction of us drawing, and Atalanta losing (and Inter winning or drawing) is still optimistic in that it will take us through.

But I would love for us to finish 3rd and for Inter to be dumped out. :D That would be some start to the summer.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Atalanta will be 2:0 up by the half hour mark. Try to accept this as an inevitability for your mental health and well-being.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Atalanta will be 2:0 up by the half hour mark. Try to accept this as an inevitability for your mental health and well-being.

How about Inter - Empoli?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How about Inter - Empoli?

Inter are Inter. I guess it depends on their fans. If they start to get nervous and the players get nervous and Empoli smells blood, anything can happen. But if the fans are patient and keep cheering them on then they'll find a goal and start controlling the game.

Who knows...

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I hate Juventus so much, when you want them to win vs Roma and Atalanta so our chances to get CL increase, they draw/lose. Ugh curse them

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hope we are 2 up by HT and both Atalanta and Inter a still locked at 0-0. Need pressure to build.

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

We'll finish 3rd.

Me too Necro. I'm always optimistic when in comes to our results. Probably why I get so annoyed when we get beat.
Anyway i'll say that we somehow qualify. I can see both Atalanta and Inter drawing, which means we must win.
Although knowing how we play it wouldn't surprise me if Atalanta and Inter do draw and we fail to win. Thus losing out on qualification.
Ok I'm staying optimistic WE WILL QUALIFY!!!!!!

Forza Milan!!!!

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Surely Inter will mess this up. Spalletti knows he's fired, players will have little idea if they'll be around next season.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
From my experience everytime we think Inter will mess up they usually win. They choke when nobody is talking about them and after we see the results we laugh at them..

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate Juventus so much, when you want them to win vs Roma and Atalanta so our chances to get CL increase, they draw/lose. Ugh curse them

As much as I agree with you the key game was Napoli-Atalanta. Call me silly but I never watched a Napoli team playing and not giving a shit about the game.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score

My only hope is that the game is being played at the Mapei, but then again, Sassuolo got smacked 2-6 there in December.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
From my experience everytime we think Inter will mess up they usually win. They choke when nobody is talking about them and after we see the results we laugh at them..

My gut still says Atalanta will lose against Sassuolo.

And we will draw and Inter will win.

Not the best scenario out of the possible ones (though we'd still qualify), so I hope things turn out even better.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Best results for Sere A would be a Milan win, Inter draw and Atalanta loss.

But im not convince Sassuolo can beat Atalanta. Even a draw at this point would be exceptional

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Nobody gives a fuck about the scenario or who will qualify with us, if we do qualify. Anything that gives us CL would be the best scenario. Don’t care how

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Crazy scenario this last week. Really disappointed Juve shit the bed yet again and couldn't take down Atalanta. Now we are left with 2 very tough scenarios. But here's to hoping either Sassuolo or Empoli can somehow sneak away with at least a tie :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Crazy scenario this last week. Really disappointed Juve shit the bed yet again and couldn't take down Atalanta. Now we are left with 2 very tough scenarios. But here's to hoping either Sassuolo or Empoli can somehow sneak away with at least a tie :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And, let's not forget, that we actually beat SPAL.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan draws - needs Atalanta to lose and Inter to draw or win. In case of equal points between all three of us Atalanta and Inter gets CL, hence why we would need Inter to draw/win. In this case Inter and us gets CL.

Atalanta lose, inter lose and Roma win. In a 4-way we and merda go through.