Christian Abbiati Thread

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
If a keeper ever chooses to leave his line to take a ball he must take it or else it is a blunder on his path.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Who cares if it was a goal keeping fault or not. Perhaps he could have saved it perhaps he couldn't, but the truth of the matter is that Adriano handballed it and its not Abbiati's fault that he concedes illegal goals. If you want to blame anyone blame Adriano or the blind ref ffs.
Of course it was the 'Hand of Moratti' ... anyone, with an open enough mind, will easily know this. Just talking about goalkeeping decisions ...
If a keeper ever chooses to leave his line to take a ball he must take it or else it is a blunder on his path.
Precisely.

Abs came out for the ball, and then midway through the play, changed his mind and found himself in no-man's land. It is a mistake. But other than that, he was absolutely fantastic + kept us in the game.

Last edited:

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
i back with a new account :(

Abbiati: "I do not see the time to return"

These statements made today in milanello, by Christian Abbiati, exclusively to microphones to Milan channel:

Christian, first of all, how are you? "Last week I have begun to exit the gym, I started to so doing strength on the ground and I started to go in port to make the first things that you can do. It is something that mentally Important after a long accident because beginning to see a window of opportunity and I load more. The work is hard, support an double workout all days, but the desire to return is so much that it is doing everything to try to anticipate the time even if the thing is not easy. "

As you are to live from the outside his teammates that train and that, unlike your play? "It is not easy because at this time I do not feel part of the group because my times are still slightly different from them, the injured parties train in other moments. Attempts have to speak, I would ask them how they are, and it seems that this time the team, as seen in the Trofeo Berlusconi, has been shown to be there. "

Marco STORARI is doing view things the Milan had not yet been possible to see. "just play. I believe that a goalkeeper can demonstrate its value only playing. Already last year was hard on three goalkeepers of great. This year we are in four and we will have to fight, but the important thing is that there is loyalty and friendship between us. "

All the fans are waiting for your return. The fate he wants the first day is precisely to Siena where you are injured.
Yes, the field of Siena for me is not a beautiful memory, however, they are things that are happening in the life, to me it happened to 32 years old, better now than before. This year will be hard, when see I will try immediately of perspective the place by a holder and I will make of all to put in difficulty should. "

That Milan you expect this year? "certainly a Milan different, seems to me more wishes, with so much wish to run. The difference for me the we can do in this way, running more of the other, with more spirit of sacrifice and then as regards the technique the samples are there and we will think them. "

source : milannews.it

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
When is he coming back?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Never. At least, that's what Storari probably hopes.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He's probably working hard at rehab atm, unlike some overpaid pezzo di merda

:D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Ronaldinho? :tongue:

Bingo!

article-0-01C85C4200000578-481_306x400.jpg

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's probably the most unflattering pic of him I've seen in some time. His hips there look bigger than mine.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
To be fair to Ronaldinho he currently looks in the best shape he has for years.

If he his still good enough is aquestion that needs answering however.

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
guess wot boys our main man is back. YAY. this so good.

Milan ‘Keeper Christian Abbiati Resumes Training
The shot-stopper has almost recovered from knee surgery, returning between the posts at Milanello on Wednesday.

After the Derby della Madonnina debacle, Milan fans received some good news on Wednesday as goalkeeper Christian Abbiati finally resumed training following his serious knee injury last March.

The 32-year-old ruptured the anterior cruciate ligaments in his right knee at Siena and went under the knife in Antwerp on March 30, with the Rossoneri medical staff expecting his recovery process to take between five and six months.

The ex-Juventus net-minder was spotted training with the rest of the Diavoli squad yesterday morning, albeit working alone in the gym in the afternoon.

It is still unclear whether Abbiati will be available for selection after the international break, when Leonardo’s men will try to bounce back from the 4-0 humiliation suffered at the hands of cross-city rivals Inter against Livorno.

Meanwhile, Marco Borriello and Clarence Seedorf trained on their own yesterday, as did Filippo Inzaghi, who is expected to be at the coach’s disposal for the trip to the Armando Picchi. Gennaro Gattuso is still recovering from his ankle sprain suffered in the derby.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Finally his back!!!Im sure if we has him against merda the result would have been different .

Lets hope will see him in top shape soon.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He was resuming training well before this article even came out.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He was resuming training well before this article even came out.

was he working with the team in training though

and for your sig, i really like dida, he's cool

so take away the most hated tag

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I saw Abbiati in Bernabeau during the training, couldn't see if he was playing like he was fit because i only saw him during warming up.

How long for him to come back? Storari out for a month :S

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
please recover soon Abiati, we are really miss you; I only can depend on You 100% and on Storari 95% but on Dida is Only 60%.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When is he coming back? Isnt 6 months already past his injury?

Regy22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Rino, Janku
Abbiatti has to be back soon, surely?

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Abbiati is my nightmare.. ten yrs asking to him go away.. and he always come back.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Abbiati was insane last season before his injury. This news makes me happy.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Situazione infortunati: il dottor Manara fa il punto della situazione

CHRISTIAN ABBIATI

'Si sta allenando bene e ha già giocato qualche partitella con i compagni. Deve ancora fare qualche lavoro specifico con i preparatori dei portieri ma sicuramente siamo all'uscità dal tunnel dell'infortunio di Siena'.

CHRISTIAN ABBIATI

'He's training well and has already played a few match with his companions. Has yet to do some specific work with the goalkeeping coach but certainly we exit the tunnel accident of Siena '.

Reaction score
Situazione infortunati: il dottor Manara fa il punto della situazione

CHRISTIAN ABBIATI

'Si sta allenando bene e ha già giocato qualche partitella con i compagni. Deve ancora fare qualche lavoro specifico con i preparatori dei portieri ma sicuramente siamo all'uscità dal tunnel dell'infortunio di Siena'.

CHRISTIAN ABBIATI

'He's training well and has already played a few match with his companions. Has yet to do some specific work with the goalkeeping coach but certainly we exit the tunnel accident of Siena '.

u see him train at 1:00

http://milantime.acmilan.com/en-milanello-training_in_milanello-c-23-0-10189-0

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The rumor mill is claiming that Abbiati questioned Leonardo about why he was left off the roster for the Cagliari game.

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It is certainly good new to see him come back. He was probably one of the best goalkeepers last season in Serie A, maybe also in Europe. As far as I remmember he hadn't made any big mistakes and was many times our MOM. He was superbly replaced by Storari this year, and he was also superb on goal. After Storari got injured Dida came between the stands and I have to say he is also playing good. He had some mistakes (games against Real), but he still kept some nice shots out.

With 3 good goalkeepers we should be very happy, as in last 2-3 seasons we had a GK nightmares!!!

Forzaaa Abbiatti! Still can't decide who to be Numero uno after a while - he or Storari...

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
is Abbiati still injury??

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Aug. Abbiati:''It will stay in Milan''

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnotizia=15387

Aug. Abbiati:''It will stay in Milan''
24.12.2009 14.52 by Matteo Calcagni
Source: Violanews.com

If Frey had to leave Fiorentina, one is most open race for the deputy, one of the names is more appealing to Christian Abbiati, AC Milan goalkeeper who is going through a difficult time with the Rossoneri's shirt.

Despite complete recovery, continued to play and you are not asking why it might then go away? A question that Violanews.com addressed exclusively to the prosecutor Claudio Vigorelli: "Christian is in Milan - Vigorelli says - and he's working hard to get back in condition. The days of the new year before the resumption of the championship will be very important. Fiorentina ? has a very strong goalkeeper and certainly will not ask another: it is a journalistic invention. "
:star:

Schedule