Marco Van Ginkel Thread

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Good technique, positionally not very mature, energetic, hard worker

Out of our mids, I guess he's similar mostly to Poli.

Dry loan no thanks. Talented but needs minutes (that we can offer him) to grow. He left the eredivisie too early imo. Look at Rekik, he was loaned from city to PSV for one year, still wasn't done learning after that year, now loaned for a second consecutive season.

If we go for him, he needs nurturing. i'm not down for deceloping him into a proper player then sending him back.

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good technique, positionally not very mature, energetic, hard worker

Out of our mids, I guess he's similar mostly to Poli.

Dry loan no thanks. Talented but needs minutes (that we can offer him) to grow. He left the eredivisie too early imo. Look at Rekik, he was loaned from city to PSV for one year, still wasn't done learning after that year, now loaned for a second consecutive season.

If we go for him, he needs nurturing. i'm not down for deceloping him into a proper player then sending him back.

He would be a starter in our team. Better than Poli and i agree with you we need to ask an option to buy him otherwise it won't be useful.

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree this should be done only with a buy out. No dry loan.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Dry loan gtfo , break his leg if it happens at the end of that so called dry loan period.

We.are not nursery

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I think a dry loan is great if we are not paying any extra money. If he's worth he'll play otherwise he'll stay in the bench. At this point in time, we don't have a lot of money so even a dry loan would be useful until Montolivo comes back, plus you never know who else might get injured before Montolivo comes back. Also Poli seems to not be able to sustain a lot of games for 90 minutes ...

The only thing I don't like is that his current salary is 2.5mill euro (40k pounds a week) so even if we get him on a loan with buy option, I don't know if he'd accept our salary range.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
That's pure gibberish

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Why cant we sign Kevin de Bruyne instead (still Wolfsburg?) Awesome player.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
A risk after his injury, but I've always liked him and hoped he would come. So Van Ginkel coming in is defiantly a welcome move.

carletto

sacred pig!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ancelotti
i like his name. ginkel like ginky....yeha tell him come ...

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sky and Milan Channel reported hes likely to arrive. Tutto say the deal would include an option to buy.

Man, this signing would be soo good if true. Finally a logical move.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I'd be OK with Loaning/Buying Torres if that gets us Van Ginkel

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Ginkel pronounced with that guttural 'h' sound as in Gaal? If so, I'm in.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With option to buy or no?

If yes he is worth a shot

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score

im my opinion his knee is very risk. he don't play official match for Chelsea, anh too early to exciting this transfer. he need to prove in big team how he is. but he come free loan, and we will see how his progress in milan

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
im my opinion his knee is very risk. he don't play official match for Chelsea, anh too early to exciting this transfer. he need to prove in big team how he is. but he come free loan, and we will see how his progress in milan

Can't argue with free loan, hopefully we will see less of Essien/Muntari

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini

Chelsea never gives an option to buy. It's delusional to believe that they will give us him without them having a chance to get him back if he does well. They didn't do that with Lukaku, De Bruyne, Atsu, Courtois and others. It's not going to happen.

They either loan him without an option to buy or with an option to buy for us but also with a buy back option for them a year after we bought him.

Both solutions aren't good for us and us accepting those conditions only would be a new low.

We only should make this deal if we can buy him directly or with an option to buy that gives us the full rights on him. Then this deal would be exciting and thoughtful. Otherwise: Please no.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Last time a club loaned a player from Chelsea with no option to buy, they won the league and reached the final of the Champions League #justsaying

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Wulfert would be good..

Has elements in his game that remind me of a mixture of Montolivo and Poli. Could turn out to be a complete cm. Generally likes to play high but can be a cm aswell. High intensity, good vision, plays at a high pace, two footed and gets into the box. He's not aversed to defensive work but it's never been his natural job. Positionally needs a lot of work and most importantly needs gametime. What I like about his game is that he's eager to see a lot of the ball and knows when to get involved. Can dictate and does it well but knows when he shouldn't (as he's not the cdm). For his age he's a smart player.

Since he left Vitesse his progress as a player has stagnated due to high player competition and heavy injury. Remains to be seen if he returns stronger from the injury..

We can offer him game time. But only if there's a buy out option.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Hmm. 'Furious' when not played at Chelsea. Wrong attitude?
I think we should develop our youth & not Chelsea's.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
Hmm. 'Furious' when not played at Chelsea. Wrong attitude?
I think we should develop our youth & not Chelsea's.

chelsea didn't give a shit about their youth so why not?

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
Last time a club loaned a player from Chelsea with no option to buy, they won the league and reached the final of the Champions League #justsaying

They definitely have a good shot at CL final this year. Favorable group stage matchup for them this year.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not even this management would loan a prospect, coming straight off an ACL injury, with no intentions to buy.

Milan and Chelsea have found an agreement for the loan (with no option to buy) of Marco Van Ginkel

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

I love this club, never fails to entertain

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love this club, never fails to entertain

Never. Well, maybe just every time on the pitch.

Im fine with Ginkel even if its without a option. Chelsea are overflowing in midfield and players usually enjoy their stay even in the modern meelan. If hes good im sure he will be bought. loooooooooooool loaned again i mean

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If it was QPR or umm, Villareal, then I could see us getting him for a bargain price after an impressive loan stint...but Chelski?
Lukaku declared he didn't want to return and Everton was his home, still they had to overpay(€35m) to get him.
Courtois was an important part of a successful Atletico side who were perhaps the best team in Europe last year, still Chelsea sent him back without any hassle.

Courtois was a great stop-gap solution for Atletico, but if a stop-gap is what we're looking for then why are we looking at Van Ginkel?

The thought of helping out those despicable cunts
puking.gif

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
No option to buy?
This is milan or bologna???
Since when we became nursery club
***** :fp:

Il Capitano_3

CL winner
Reaction score
we really need a option to buy damn G.

is he good? dont know the player well. is he a box to box like strootman?

Schedule