Hernanes

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
The number 10 looks good on him. Im not a fan of Hernanes, but im startint to support the idea to have him on Milan.
1328844-6489-cp2.jpg

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
But is Hernanes not better in being a DM than a number 10?

If so, he would fit in my vision of a midfield DM, Pirlo, DM...

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hernanes-davidsilva-flamini

Sadly we will end up with becks and continue rotting with peearlo

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hernanes-davidsilva-flamini

Sadly we will end up with becks and continue rotting with peearlo

With Beckham we can play Abate as RB!:)

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
Hernanes is not the solution to Milan is no better than Pirlo at the moment honestly guys you should watch him play for a full 90 minutes he is the spitting image of Pirlo in terms of playing style. Seeming the club is short in terms of funds i would like to pandev come in as a free transfer giovinco come in on loan hopefully krasic to come in for roughly 15 million euros and rafinha or cricito to be purchased in deal that will see the fee spread over 2 seasons. hopefully the total spend to this season would be 23 million euros with 8 million euros to be paid at the end of the 2011 season.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hernanes is not the solution to Milan is no better than Pirlo at the moment honestly guys you should watch him play for a full 90 minutes he is the spitting image of Pirlo in terms of playing style. Seeming the club is short in terms of funds i would like to pandev come in as a free transfer giovinco come in on loan hopefully krasic to come in for roughly 15 million euros and rafinha or cricito to be purchased in deal that will see the fee spread over 2 seasons. hopefully the total spend to this season would be 23 million euros with 8 million euros to be paid at the end of the 2011 season.

lol, of course Hernanes won't replace Pirlo. Pirlo is a God.

But I thought Hernanes can play as a DM??? Flamini,Pirlo,Hernanes??? I don't know Hernanes well, but if he is a good player...

lexx

try and crack a smile
Reaction score
Fav. Players
costacurta albertini gattuso maldini del piero bernard
lol, of course Hernanes won't replace Pirlo. Pirlo is a God.

But I thought Hernanes can play as a DM??? Flamini,Pirlo,Hernanes??? I don't know Hernanes well, but if he is a good player...

he can be a holding midfielder but after after watching him for about 10 games he just seems to be another Pirlo or D'Agostino. Hernanes is good player but Milan would just be buying a more pacey version of Pirlo that is how i would sum up Hernanes. Milan doesn't need another deep play-maker we need some venom up on the flanks and at the back and someone to thread through passes to the front men.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he can be a holding midfielder but after after watching him for about 10 games he just seems to be another Pirlo or D'Agostino. Hernanes is good player but Milan would just be buying a more pacey version of Pirlo that is how i would sum up Hernanes. Milan doesn't need another deep play-maker we need some venom up on the flanks and at the back and someone to thread through passes to the front men.

I agree. We need some speed and creativity in the last third. That's our biggest concern. Ronaldinho instead of Kaká (or Gourcuff) is killing Milan.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Hernanes is more like Pirlo, is DM.. fit perfectly in a 4-3-3 thats why Barça want him so much.

And the problem of Milan at this momet is the coach. Is sad said this coz most of us like Leo, but he can't do much for the team. Leo and Tassoti i would say.

Hernanes alone, is not the solution.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hernanes alone wont solve shait obviously. But just permabenching both gattuso and ambro will be worth it. Buy him + someone that can permabench pirlo and our MF is solved.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hernanes alone wont solve shait obviously. But just permabenching both gattuso and ambro will be worth it. Buy him + someone that can permabench pirlo and our MF is solved.

What means permabencheing? Because I am thinking you just said you want someone who will bench Pirlo, and that just can't be true.

But can anyone confirm Hernanes fits in a Flamini-Pirlo-Hernanes midfield? Because it would be nice if we got someone who will put pressure on Flamini, Ambrosini and Gattuso.

Barça likes to have him because of a 4-3-3... I like AC Milan to play 4-3-3... I think I want Hernanes?:rolleyes:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players

We have to find a experience coach. Doesn't mean we dont like Leo.

Someone who can change the 'Ancelotti tactics' and find players to fix in our new scheme.

I dont think, just because work with Barcelona and Guardiola.. this adventure with Leo will work for Milan.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean someone who can kick p€€rlo out of our starting 11 for good. Thats just what i prefer. I have enough of way past their best 30year olds still infesting our team.

If we do get krasic than i dont know if a flams-hernanes-krasic would work so hernanes might not be the best choice. We might need someone even more creative.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I mean someone who can kick p€€rlo out of our starting 11 for good. Thats just what i prefer. I have enough of way past their best 30year olds still infesting our team.

If we do get krasic than i dont know if a flams-hernanes-krasic would work so hernanes might not be the best choice. We might need someone even more creative.

Well the thing is, we SHOULD play Hernanes + Pirlo (pirlo in amc, hernanes dmc with gattu and flams) we would benefit HUGELY from this though Full backs are the main priority...

We have jokers like Oddo and Janku running around and you guys are pushing to bench PIRLO?

exactly!

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Well the thing is, we SHOULD play Hernanes + Pirlo (pirlo in amc, hernanes dmc with gattu and flams) we would benefit HUGELY from this though Full backs are the main priority...

exactly!

fuck Hernanes. I'd take Hamsik in a heartbeat over Hernanes. Also, I'd like Veloso over Hernanes.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have jokers like Oddo and Janku running around and you guys are pushing to bench PIRLO?

Dodo and jankumerda are already out (till abate or zzzambrota get injured). And i dont want just p€€rlo out but all 30 year olds and older not named Nesta OUUUTTTTTTTT!!!! Pirlo aint performing anywhere. He had one decent game with italy where his fanboys declared his comeback or whatever but the fact is just like with italy, in milan he may have one decent game every year but otherwise his shit. Get krasic this winter and give pirlo a chance with flams and him. If he should fail to perform with those 2 than hes finished

What the fuck does hamsik have to do with a DM? His a AM

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
you should be grateful if we get ANY one of those...

IMO, Veloso is a far better pick for us than Hernanes. We need a true DM who actually can shut down attackers. Gattuso is past his prime and not having a 100% Rino on the field is killing us. If we have Veloso and Flamini out there as DM's, it allows Pirlo to move up more, worry less about defence, and get more into the offensive fray. Hernanes is not a strong defensive-minded player like we desperately need... Veloso is. Plus, Veloso has a great long ball and he would cost the same, probably less than Hernanes. So, tell me again why Hernanes is the better pick for us??? Is it so he can suit everyone's Brazilian fetish yet again?

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
IMO, Veloso is a far better pick for us than Hernanes. We need a true DM who actually can shut down attackers. Gattuso is past his prime and not having a 100% Rino on the field is killing us. If we have Veloso and Flamini out there as DM's, it allows Pirlo to move up more, worry less about defence, and get more into the offensive fray. Hernanes is not a strong defensive-minded player like we desperately need... Veloso is. Plus, Veloso has a great long ball and he would cost the same, probably less than Hernanes. So, tell me again why Hernanes is the better pick for us??? Is it so he can suit everyone's Brazilian fetish yet again?

I understand, however, with the current state of Milan, and the disasterous transfer campaign, you have to snatch what you get offered with both hands

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I understand, however, with the current state of Milan, and the disasterous transfer campaign, you have to snatch what you get offered with both hands

no, you dont. thats how you get youself into long term problems. buying players just because they're available to you even though they aren't what you need is a terrible idea. yes, we are struggling, but Herna will not be cheap, and we could definitely get some other players more suited to our team that would cost the same or less. so once again, no, you don't have to take what's offered... thats how you become a small team.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
no, you dont. thats how you get youself into long term problems. buying players just because they're available to you even though they aren't what you need is a terrible idea. yes, we are struggling, but Herna will not be cheap, and we could definitely get some other players more suited to our team that would cost the same or less. so once again, no, you don't have to take what's offered... thats how you become a small team.

Hernanes would still be a huge improvement to our team (and we could drop dinho then), and the way things have gone with berlu if we have an oppertunity to upgrade our team, we should snatch it, of course I'm not saying take anyone available, that's ludicrous and as you highlighted, would not work, however, as I said, if we have the oppertunity to upgrade, then we should.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i cant believe you said Miguel veloso. he is a poor version of Ambrosini. not very fast, nor does he run very much, he has a decent left. He's mediocre in tackle too... theres a reason raul miereles is preferred by portugese NT. He'd be our 4th best DM

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
i cant believe you said Miguel veloso. he is a poor version of Ambrosini. not very fast, nor does he run very much, he has a decent left. He's mediocre in tackle too... theres a reason raul miereles is preferred by portugese NT. He'd be our 4th best DM

He is a god in FM though :D

So are the rumours about Hernanes dead yet ?

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

are you sure the reason isn't because Queiroz is an idiot??? look at where portugal are in qualifying, they're in 3rd in a terribly weak group with denmark and sweden above them. yes denmark and sweden are good... but portugal are supposed to be one of the world's best... they've underachieved of late. veloso is a fantastic player. also, I'm loving this recent link to Mariga. He'll bring some power and constant running to our midfield for sure. For once 2 good linkings that I'd love here at Milan, Krasic and Mariga. Now lets get some Italian linkings please.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
scolari consistantly prefered miereles too.... he is better (though veloso is younger and can improve). He hasn't shown alot other than a nice left foot

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
scolari consistantly prefered miereles too.... he is better (though veloso is younger and can improve). He hasn't shown alot other than a nice left foot

on a different topic, what do you think of Krasic denying Milan links?? You think its just bs, or its for real that we will not get him??

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players

scolari sucks hard as well, look what a mess he made at chelski. yes he got portugal far in last WC, but that was not due to his coaching by any means.

Schedule