Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I heard the Lakers can still sign a max player after this which in is most likely Melo at this point. Which is still not good enough for a championship IMO.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Senatore, if he lowered his salary, you would have been saying, ok hes doing it so that Lakers get better players around him, therefore this proves he cant win a title alone (the usual bullshit it was all Gasol, Bynum or whatever when he won the five rings). you will spin anything about Kobe in a negative way. that makes you a fucking hypocrite.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
holy shit derick rose is more pato than pato himself

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Fuuuuuckkk meee. MVP is out. This is so bullshit. FUCK! We would win it this year... now its only between Indiana or Miami. No way anyone from West is beating these teams-
Chicago will tank.

Lakers :lol: Morons... they just shot themselves in the leg. They will be grinding for playoffs the next 3 years with absolutely no chance to rebuild. So funny.
Why the fuck would you give a 35 year old, injured dude a max contract?! :fp: :lol:

And Kobe just taking the whole La-La land for hostage :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

return of best PG in nba

#nopato

#mrtripledouble

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I love Kobe but that's too much money. So much for the 14' plan :fp: No idea what the front office is thinking. Poor Decision.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Senatore, if he lowered his salary, you would have been saying, ok hes doing it so that Lakers get better players around him, therefore this proves he cant win a title alone (the usual bullshit it was all Gasol, Bynum or whatever when he won the five rings). you will spin anything about Kobe in a negative way. that makes you a fucking hypocrite.

no, not really.

What don't you get?

my contention was he was never best player on a title time. Which is indisputable for 3 of them. It is disputeable for last 2.

But anyway you slice it, league rules are different as of 2011, which is why it's HIGHLY likely Bosh is probably gone from miami in 2014 summer...

Consensus opinions by anyone who is not a kobe stan:
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 6h
Stunned by Kobe's extension. Duncan + KG took less than 50% as much $ at same point in careers so their teams had more cap space to contend.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 6h
If Kobe's all about winning ring #6, that new cap figure hurts the cause especially in summer '15. Also was any other team paying half that?
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

fuck mmost laker sites agree it was a bad move on both sides.

all and all you're just dickriding. The dude has guarenteed he won't won a another title which is funny because he's all about rings #ringsonly

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I heard the Lakers can still sign a max player after this which in is most likely Melo at this point. Which is still not good enough for a championship IMO.

here's the thing

they have (depending on a flex provision), somewhere in realm of 20-26 mil.

To get all that they have to resind rights to players they have now (no big deal, except maybe pau but he looks a shadow of himself)
-

Two issues here:
1. LBJ LIKELY won't leave... a lot of guys resigned so only REAL options for a max player are Melo and Bosh.

If they do that that means they literall have to build rest of roster around 'minimum salary' guys.

You're talking a lineup like.... Blake, Kobe, Wes Johnson, Melo, Kaman (eesh)

2. They don't max, and spread it... so they can get Deng and say Gortat. Then they going dumpster diving.

New CBA makes it hard, you HAVE to draft well. It's that simple. Every team who is competing since cba came into inception in 2011, built off their own players:

Pacers: Draft George, Stephensen hibbert.... they got West for cheapish, and George Hill was product of a draft day trade (traded Kawhi leonard, which in retrospect, might have been a mistake)
Bulls: Drafted all except boozer who wasnt a max (tho injuries de-railed that)
OKC: Goes w/o saying
Spurs: goes w/o saying
Warriors: Drafted or traded drafted assets for all except a few less than max signings later, like iguodala
minnesota: drafted
ClipperS: Drafted Blake, Drafted Gordon and Kyrie was their pickm they flipped that YOUTH into CP3, Deandre jordan also drafted.

-

Miami was last free agent bonanza and it was before new rules. New rules are meant to protect teams from losing players in free agency, and smaller markets to be honest.

It doesn't bug me, but it puts HUGE value in draft and development.

-

Anyway, it's all explained in larry coon link i put on previous page. He knows CBA rules better.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if someone takes Nash off their hands (unlikely) they could have like 35 mil to playwith.

Now that could get interesting cause you could max melo, and then have enough money to hopefully find a couple good pieces like a defensive center, point etc.

But even then, money's tight, options are limited.

-

Lakers were in better position a few years back cause i mean guys like odom/gasol/bynum were simply more peices to play w/ explore trades.

Right now they got nothing that has value and no draft picks. Suns AND magic own their picks (for nash and dwight trades)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
On the flip side, i'll point out Boston might have 2 top 10 picks, since they own nets pick unprotected, their pick

they also got like 5 other high picks in next 4 years.

They could be sitting in a wealth of options soon

-

But anyway you slice it i'm shocked by the deal

dumb by kobe
dumb by management

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i just think it's stupid. He had a shot to take less, and leave laker options open to bring in some good players to build a squad.

I agree i think its a dumb move by the front office. He just had a serious injury, we have know idea how he is going to return and what level he can compete at. We are just assuming he is going to be Kobe. For all we know it could be a Derick Rose type thing, comes back and gets injured again.

If he wants that 6th ring, like he says he desperately does, he needed to take a pay cut. Winning championships is all about sacrifice. Hes sacrificed his body many times, why cant he sacrifice some money? He cant do it alone. Ask Lebron. He's the best player in the League, if it wasn't for the other players around him he wouldn't have the rings he has now either.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kobe must have been thinking he was kobe when he asked for all that $$

melo: "I would’ve gave him 40. I’d at least give him 40 a year, and let him bow out gracefully"

:lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
DAMIAN!!!

Lillard is the real deal. Love the guy.

it's ridiculous. Right now i doubt he even makes all-star team. He'd start for East NO questions asked.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Its TRULY laughable how bad east is...

Currently w/ losing records CHARLOTTE and TORONTO are fighting for home court in first rd (4 seeD).

Good job east.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
holy shit pierre the pelican is terrifying. What were they thinking?

bx3wouoigaauler.jpg

BZN6EJyCIAA0IF-.jpg:large

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Good article on Paul George's development and leadership:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...mitment-improvement-pacers-thinking-nba-title

George spent all summer working on his sloppy ballhandling. He ran the hills in Southern California's Runyon Canyon in hopes of increasing the strength and endurance in his legs. A boost there would allow George to stay in a low crouch more consistently when dribbling through defenses. "I knew how to dribble," George says, "but I was always dribbling too high. This summer was all about staying low." George's trainer, Jerry Powell, would shadow George through ballhandling drills, with Powell holding his hand at the height he considered the healthy upper limit of George's dribble. If the ball bounced to that level, Powell would swipe it away and have George start over.

durant did similar a couple years ago, which is inane. George is 6ft10, Durant is 6ft11, their handles at that size is insane, and honestly hard to do, cause if it's suspect, coaches put a smaller guy to check it

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
greatness was achieved by the former great Dr. Jerry Buss

so far tommy boy has only shown to be Dolan2.0

-

great organizations which are consistent in sports are all because of ownership/management. Paint me a skeptic, but Buss Jr. and co, have only made poor decision after poor decision

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
greatness was achieved by the former great Dr. Jerry Buss

so far tommy boy has only shown to be Dolan2.0

-

great organizations which are consistent in sports are all because of ownership/management. Paint me a skeptic, but Buss Jr. and co, have only made poor decision after poor decision

Getting Nash and Howard was a poor decision? On paper that team could challenge for a title. Of course, he should have known that Nash was turning into dust and that Howard was a total pussy and that Mike Brown was a walking brain fart. But I like Jim Buss and I know he has the team's best in his heart.

Also,

uphNiBT.png

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Getting Nash and Howard was a poor decision? On paper that team could challenge for a title. Of course, he should have known that Nash was turning into dust and that Howard was a total pussy and that Mike Brown was a walking brain fart. But I like Jim Buss and I know he has the team's best in his heart.

dwight was a smart inevitable move. The hiring of dantoni was the fail.

Nash was 39, kinda dumb.

but i wasn't discussing that stuff. I'm discussing the way he treated phil jackson.

There's more:
http://www.laobserved.com/intell/2013/07/how_jim_buss_ruined_the_lakers.php

People forget Jim Buss pushed to fire Phil and hired Rudy Tomjonovich against the word of his fam, and it ended up costing lakers 20+ mil.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
:lol: Kobe being a child on twitter is solid.

Some tweets i saw from a lot of rerputable sources...

Pretty obvious from his tweets tonight that Kobe Bryant stung by criticism of his greed. But it's been obvious for several years that...he cares far more about the scoring record and getting paid than he does about winning.

My thoughts:

It's either that or... that or he's deluded enough to think he can do it with 1 guy and 10 Wes Johnson's, which is essentially what NEW CBA would render happening...

Eitherway, both signs point to insane ego and lack of team concept which is the narrative of his career.And that's undisputable.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I've read entire new CBA and spoken with authors or it, I understand it better than most out there. To think Lakers can pull together a team w/ this contract and nash's that can compete... given kobe's age and likely diminishing returns (hes not gonna be 28 year old kobe) is so miniscule

-

Yah you can claim it's not fair, they have the means to pay more, but those are new rules at play made for obvious reasons (owners buying small market teams for small amounts, wanting to guarantee a chance to compete and a return on investment), Stern and Silver attempting to grow the whole brand etc. etc.

-

Plus anyone who knows Rob Pelinka, Kobe's agent, knows he makes Raiola look like a small puppy

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I prescribe to the narrative, that Lakers are LIKELY to not max anyone this summer, and take more 1-off gamble types, and leave options open. Let Kobe go for scoring record.

Then in 2015, make a serious run at kevin love, by not using cap space in 2014, KLove is an LA guy, they got a legit shot at him, and make run at someone like KD in 2016 when Kobe is likely done.

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Blahhhhh Jim Buss is a fool. He fired Phil, Cleaned out all of phil's staff, he overlooked Brian Shaw, Hired Mike Brown, Hired D'Antoni over phil, Let Dwight Walk, Wants to play showtime basketball again with Nash (39) and Kobe (35)..... nothing more needs to be said about him. Jeanie should be running the show. I have faith in Mitch Kupchak tho. That guy is unbelievably good at his job. If it wasn't for David Stern, CP3 would be a laker- Dwight would have stayed and none of this drama would exist.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

Schedule